Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get Mail - bugged or just no mail?!

When I click on my mailbox there is the option to Get Mail; I've successful for the mail in the past after a wedding when gifts were sent.

Now when I click it my sim makes the animation of pillion mail out of the mailbox, but then he just appears a few grid-squares away from the mailbox empty handed. I'm wondering if this is a bug and there is actually mail, or if that's just what happens when there's nothing I collect?

Comments

• Options
    29cats29cats Posts: 140 Member
    edited November 2012
    Have you checked your household inventory lately? I've found several items in there after picking up my mail.
  • Options
    Mev1015Mev1015 Posts: 330 New Member
    edited November 2012
    You have a lot of mail! Keep telling your sim to "get mail" until that option is not available. Most of it goes to household inventory. Some goes to personal. It can get so jammed that the sim can't get it all in one try.
  • Options
    SlowedMussel735SlowedMussel735 Posts: 106 New Member
    edited November 2012
    It's a bug that I think was caused by the 1.42 patch.
  • Options
    cumberfriescumberfries Posts: 1 New Member
    hi. I am new, so I don't know how to create a thread. I am having trouble opening fan mail.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    hi. I am new, so I don't know how to create a thread. I am having trouble opening fan mail.

I haven't come across fan mail in Sims 3. I know getting the mail was bugged. The bug might have been fixed or you might need a mod from NRSSA or elsewhere to fix it.

This is an old thread that'll be shut down soon.

You won't be able to start a new thread until you've been here for a while. I don't know how many posts you need to do before that happens.

If this is about Sims 4 you might need to do a search on Fan Mail. I just did that and found a thread from 2019 where people were complaining about getting bad fan mail. You might find something more recent. Good Luck and Happy Simming.
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,286 Member

@cumberfries, I've posted some info on your page that explains how to become a full member on this site...😀
  • Options
    EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager

Hi @cumberfries, once you level up your forum account you'll be able to open new threads. :)This thread will outline what's needed to level up your forum account and it takes no time at all to do. In the meantime I'll lock this thread out here as it's been necro'd.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top