Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Plants are still reverting. :(

Comments

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    edited July 2021
    For the longest time, my sim barely had to weed, water, and spray for bugs on her plants.

I'm using the (Not Saying) planters and my sim needs to care for her garden. I had 2 plants die when it was raining for 3 days. I was like, they're freshly planted, it's raining, no weeds, and haven't evolved, why are they dieing? I found out the plants were getting bugs after I got my sim to level 9 in gardening skill.

No plants have reverted to dirt piles but I playing on a 28 day cycle and still in spring.

I'm thinking, whatever the devs did to the planters, they didn't touch the (Not Saying) planters. So far in my game, the (Not Saying) planters are working.

I'm (Not Saying) which planters I used because I think the devs nerfed the other planters because of people complaining about the level of care the garden needs. And that caused the dirt pile bug.

Funny you should say they died after a certain level of gardening my 2 gardeners having oroblems so far are level 10 and level 9 I believe. ( indoor gardening ). I have one more person that has plants in her apartment that may have had a grape go to a dirt pile. I will have to check her level though. If it has to do with the gardeners level, that might be why the devs didn’t find it.

@83bienchen I do have Eco living, I’m not sure if a garden app was voted in or not on a couple of them.….. I will have to check that in my save. I do think the one that had their plants revert this last time had the caring is sharing app voted in, I know I was going to try to give the garden app, but since I’m moving them to Henford I didn’t bother. The last gardener that gardened was level 9 I believe she fertilized a plant before going off that seemed fine. Then they went off to do some dumster diving in a couple of different places came back late at night or early morning. She may have moved up a level because she planted some plants at an art center I have that I’m planning on making one of those special lots from Eco lifestyle. When she got home she fertilized her pomegranate and cherry tree, and when I checked the garden awhile later those 2 plants reverted. I have never used mods or cc. And I have only noticed it indoors, green houses, and possibly an apartment. I don’t notice those who garden outside, as I don’t worry about them making money off of it. This last cherry and pomegranate revert happened on a Thursday about a few days before winter.

@Karababy52 thank you for the info. I am going to try to do this for my high level gardeners who depend on gardening to make money.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • Options
    GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    Yep still having this issue. Have given up trying to have sims garden until its fixed properly.
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    Does this only happen to indoor plants? Just aking because I never experienced reverting plants in my game, but always have my plants outside.

It doesn't matter if the plants are sheltered, in pots or planted directly into the ground, in season or out of season, if my Sims travel, the time of day, whenever a new season arrives, or at what level my Sims are in their gardening skill. It doesn't seem to happen on any kind of schedule, or if I am playing a vanilla game versus a modded game. I've tried two or three gardening mods but none of those have permanently stopped my plants from reverting to dirt mounds, and then I have to wait two to three Sim days before I can harvest again. The plant quality remains unaffected; they always come back to whatever level they were at before reverting. I have spent hours upon hours trying to figure this out. I have used gardening mods on their own without any other mods installed. I have played without CC and mods, with CC but no mods, with mods but no CC. Nothing helps. The only thing I haven't tried is disabling Eco Lifestyle, but I'm fairly certain this bug came in the pre-EP update just before EL was released so because that update is already installed and I have no way of getting rid of it, disabling EL probably won't help. I have turned off everything that pertains to EL in the options section. The vertical planters have never worked properly for me. And after a year of this I am pretty disappointed in the teams. With the new plants, recipes, lot challenge and other gardening-related content coming in Cottage Living, I am not hopeful this bug won't morph into something even worse than it already is, once CL is installed. The sad part in all this is the fact I really want CL. But this bug has to be taken care of before I buy another pack that heavily depends on gardening as one of it's main features.
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    For the longest time, my sim barely had to weed, water, and spray for bugs on her plants.

I'm using the (Not Saying) planters and my sim needs to care for her garden. I had 2 plants die when it was raining for 3 days. I was like, they're freshly planted, it's raining, no weeds, and haven't evolved, why are they dieing? I found out the plants were getting bugs after I got my sim to level 9 in gardening skill.

No plants have reverted to dirt piles but I playing on a 28 day cycle and still in spring.

I'm thinking, whatever the devs did to the planters, they didn't touch the (Not Saying) planters. So far in my game, the (Not Saying) planters are working.

I'm (Not Saying) which planters I used because I think the devs nerfed the other planters because of people complaining about the level of care the garden needs. And that caused the dirt pile bug.
    Funny you should say they died after a certain level of gardening my 2 gardeners having oroblems so far are level 10 and level 9 I believe. ( indoor gardening ). I have one more person that has plants in her apartment that may have had a grape go to a dirt pile. I will have to check her level though. If it has to do with the gardeners level, that might be why the devs didn’t find it.

The plants died at normal, they hadn't evolved at all. Bugs were killing the plants but because I was playing in Newcrest and it was raining (thunder storming), I couldn't see them. It rained for 3 days in a row and then it snowed the forth day. No sun shined for 4 days, I can't see the bugs flying around the plants when the days are dark. This is a new game I started with a new sim who had to learn the gardening skill. The plants died when she was low levels in the gardening skill. They died because I needed to spray for bugs but I couldn't see the bugs flying around the plants in my huge garden without the sun shining. I always have a huge garden when I start a new sim and work towards the naturalist trait. A huge garden meaning lots of plants planted and growing.

It only took my sim 5 days to get to level 9 in the gardening skill so I could select the tend garden and then she sprayed for bugs of which I couldn't see flying around the plants. I have a huge garden and wasn't clicking every plant to tend to.

I'm playing on a micro tiny lot, only 32 tiles for my house, and have the homey trait on the lot, plus other things. When you're playing on a micro lot your sim's skills increase faster, add the homey lot trait, add the lot trait that increases skill gains when reading a skill book, and getting +10 fine when doing mind things, like reading a skill book, then surging your emotions for focus gain.

Doing all the above things and your sim's skill levels increase really fast. Also in this game I'm not getting the dirt pile bug.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,578 Member
    I don't think this is NAP connected. Do you have eco footprint activated when you experience this bug?
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member

The plants died at normal, they hadn't evolved at all. Bugs were killing the plants but because I was playing in Newcrest and it was raining (thunder storming), I couldn't see them. It rained for 3 days in a row and then it snowed the forth day. No sun shined for 4 days, I can't see the bugs flying around the plants when the days are dark. This is a new game I started with a new sim who had to learn the gardening skill. The plants died when she was low levels in the gardening skill. They died because I needed to spray for bugs but I couldn't see the bugs flying around the plants in my huge garden without the sun shining. I always have a huge garden when I start a new sim and work towards the naturalist trait. A huge garden meaning lots of plants planted and growing.

It only took my sim 5 days to get to level 9 in the gardening skill so I could select the tend garden and then she sprayed for bugs of which I couldn't see flying around the plants. I have a huge garden and wasn't clicking every plant to tend to.

I'm playing on a micro tiny lot, only 32 tiles for my house, and have the homey trait on the lot, plus other things. When you're playing on a micro lot your sim's skills increase faster, add the homey lot trait, add the lot trait that increases skill gains when reading a skill book, and getting +10 fine when doing mind things, like reading a skill book, then surging your emotions for focus gain.

Doing all the above things and your sim's skill levels increase really fast. Also in this game I'm not getting the dirt pile bug.

Well my dirt piles were in a well established game I have played for years and have several save as of the game as well. I used the normal planters that came in the beginning of the game. Both the big box one and the little round one. I use the little round one for tree’s, the square one for vegetable small fruit bushes and herbs and usually the round ones for flowers as well.

My dragon fruits that reverted long ago were in two square boxes, 8 altogether. My cherry and pomegranate tree’s in the round ones.

I have never had plants die of bugs. When you click on the plants I believe it gives an option to spray for bugs if they need it, and if there is spray for bugs, weed, or water I always do it.
  • Options
    edited July 2021

Well my dirt piles were in a well established game I have played for years and have several save as of the game as well. I used the normal planters that came in the beginning of the game. Both the big box one and the little round one. I use the little round one for tree’s, the square one for vegetable small fruit bushes and herbs and usually the round ones for flowers as well.

My dragon fruits that reverted long ago were in two square boxes, 8 altogether. My cherry and pomegranate tree’s in the round ones.

I have never had plants die of bugs. When you click on the plants I believe it gives an option to spray for bugs if they need it, and if there is spray for bugs, weed, or water I always do it.

I'm assuming it was needing to spray for bugs that killed the plants. They were in the same planter. I don't think lightning can kill your plants but it was thunder storming for 3 days. I can see when a plant needs to be weeded even on dark days. And I don't think you need to water the plants when it's storming. I had a lot of plants and didn't do a top down view to click on each plant. That's why I like the level 9 gardening skill, clicking 'tend garden' on one plant is much easier than clicking every plant in a large garden, especially when they're in the large planters with 4 to each planter.
    you have to get creative to find the large planters I was using. :)
  • Options
    kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    What does it look like when a plant dies in game?
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • Options
    kusurusu wrote: »
    What does it look like when a plant dies in game?

A green mist is rising from the plant. I clicked revive on the plants to bring them back to life.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    I know that most people here don't use mods, but if anyone wants to do some testing I'd be glad if you could try and see if my slowerecofootprintmod solves the issue for those who have it.
    https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/nachhaltig-leben-eco-lifestyle/ (you only need to install the mainfile)

It was originally designed for other issues that come with Eco Living but if it should work for this issue, I could give some insight to where the problem lies at AnswerHQ (I've done that with other bugs on the laundry list in the past).
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    If I knew how to use mods, I'd install a mod for Stardew Valley's skull cave and get an elevator.

I've tried to understand how to use mods but to me it reads like techno mumble jumble and doesn't compute.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    @83bienchen
    I don’t have Eco Lifestyle.

I love your mods! Thank you for your hard work.
  • Options
    It wouldn't be the first time EA gives us a bug without even having the pack it came with. The polish to perfection bug and the change game table bug are exclusive to players that didn't buy Bust the Dust/Batuu, just to name a few.

Anyhow, you can PM me if you want to share your save file for me to exlore why this bug is still happening (it'll take some time as I'm sick atm, but it'll probably also take some time for EA to get this done).

That being said, I wanted to make it clear that there is one situation where plants reverting to dirt piles is NOT a bug: Whenever a plant goes out of season that isn't a tree, it will revert to a dirt pile. That simply is their dormant state. If you experience reverting to dirt piles in this scenario, it is by design.

Thank you, @babyjayne.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    edited July 2021
    @Kimmer

I don’t know what reverted my dragon fruit long ago

But, yesterday with a different family I fertilized a cherry tree and pomegranate tree and they reverted. (I used a large dog poop and small if that makes a difference ). My sims had just gotten back from traveling a couple places during the day, on into the night.
    @SheriSim57
    I used a small dog poop too for fertilizing some of the plants before they reverted, but it wasn't enough for all plants, I used mushrooms to fertilize the rest of them. All of them reverted, so I don't know if the dog poop had anything to do with it. :/
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited July 2021
    It wouldn't be the first time EA gives us a bug without even having the pack it came with. The polish to perfection bug and the change game table bug are exclusive to players that didn't buy Bust the Dust/Batuu, just to name a few.

Anyhow, you can PM me if you want to share your save file for me to exlore why this bug is still happening (it'll take some time as I'm sick atm, but it'll probably also take some time for EA to get this done).

That being said, I wanted to make it clear that there is one situation where plants reverting to dirt piles is NOT a bug: Whenever a plant goes out of season that isn't a tree, it will revert to a dirt pile. That simply is their dormant state. If you experience reverting to dirt piles in this scenario, it is by design.

Thank you, @babyjayne.

Does it still revert if it's indoors?
  • Options
    bixters wrote: »

Thank you, @babyjayne.

Does it still revert if it's indoors?

Not by design because sheltered plants technically always stay in Season. I also haven't had it happen yet, but I mostly place my plants outdoors (put some of them in sheltered places as of late for testing purposes though).
  • Options
    I don't think this is NAP connected. Do you have eco footprint activated when you experience this bug?

Everything that can be switched off in the game options panel have been turned off, including the eco footprint, but the plants continue to revert to mounds of dirt. I uninstalled/reinstalled my game in February, then rebuilt my mods and cc folders from scratch and created new saves. My old Sims4 folder is stored on an external hard drive in case I want to play those saved games in the future. Later tonight when I have the time, I am going to disable Eco Lifestyle then see if the plant bug goes away. If doing that stops the plants from reverting, I will be relieved, but disappointed I won't be able to use the game play features and objects that came with EL as I do use those features a lot.
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    They STILL haven't fixed this? Mine have reverted before but not for a while now. They are in a greenhouse though and I don't know if that makes a difference. Also I didn't update my game for months and only recently updated so I'm hoping they don't suddenly revert...
  • Options
    Just a wild thought I had while going back and reading the previous posts, but I don't own the Vampires pack which means I don't have the garlic plant in my game. So that made me wonder if some of us are having problems because we don't own all the packs that include certain plants? The garlic plant wasn't in a base game update. And I don't remember if we have ever had plants included in base game/pre-pack updates. Face it, we've had so many patches and updates I lost count a year ago, and I don't feel like reading through all the patch notes right now. How would the devs know which plants players have or don't have, and could that affect how well certain fixes would work? Or don't work at all? I have all the plants except the garlic, others don't have EL so they wouldn't have the soy plant or the new ones in that pack. I have been studying coding but I am a long ways off from fully understanding how a fix that is meant to correct a certain bug, can be applied to fix something certain players don't have in their games. If I don't have a garlic plant in my game does the patch fix just ignore that and move along? Or is this bug in the actual mechanics of any plant no matter what we actually have in the game? But where ever this bug came from, I don't think it came in the pack because even the players who don't own EL are dealing with it. But they updated their games before EL was released even if they had no intention of buying Eco Lifestyle.
  • Options
    kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    Either the game thinks your plants are dormant or there's something going on with the growth commodity.
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    That's weird. I tried placing my plants indoors and still none of them reverted to dirt piles when the Season changed. Do you all have Eco Living installed? Do you have gardening related NAPs that are active?

No NAPS in my game. I have it turned off. Eco Living is installed. I just went to the mailbox and it says no NAPS have been activated.
  • Options
    AMHB1974AMHB1974 Posts: 23 Member
    I know that most people here don't use mods, but if anyone wants to do some testing I'd be glad if you could try and see if my slowerecofootprintmod solves the issue for those who have it.
    https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/nachhaltig-leben-eco-lifestyle/ (you only need to install the mainfile)

It was originally designed for other issues that come with Eco Living but if it should work for this issue, I could give some insight to where the problem lies at AnswerHQ (I've done that with other bugs on the laundry list in the past).

I have your mod currently installed and the plants still are reverting back to a dirt pile even those that are sheltered. It's not the same plants or trees every time and it usually happens when the sims wake up in the morning and sometimes just randomly or if I leave my game paused for an extended amount of time. I really hope that this is truly fixed by the time cottage living comes out.
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    edited July 2021
    One day the plants are full grown and the next day a pile of dirt this is going to make CL a nightmare. Taking a guess I would say Seasons and Eco Living are clashing thus causing the garden to go nuts. We need a fix before CL.
    Post edited by EA_Mako on
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

The only problem I really had with gardening was a volcanic eruption destroying half the crops.
    To be honest, as irritating as it was, it was amusing.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    randy2355randy2355 Posts: 157 Member
    Are your garden plants in pots, or are they planted directly in the ground? I only ask because I usually put my garden plants in pots in a greenhouse, and this does not happen to me. However, if I plant them in the ground, even in a greenhouse, this dirt pile thing happens to me also. CL gardening is going to be in plots, much like the garden planters, so I'm hoping that this bug wont be as game breaking as it could be. That being said, you are absolutely right....EA needs to fix this problem once and for all. We shouldn't have to be required to find work arounds. I would rather just plant them in the ground, but its too rage inducing to see your slow growing dragonfruit plant reverse into the ground just after it finally got to full height.