Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Plants are still reverting. :(

1789101113...Next

Comments

• Options
    ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    edited January 2023
    I don't know if anyone posted the correct link for Littlemssam's fix, but this should be it. I've been using it for about a week, and I haven't had my plants revert once. It does, I THINK, maybe make it easier for them to die; I've had several go that weren't badly neglected, one at a time, but maybe that's part of a game change. Still vastly better than all of them turning to dirt at once. Number 4 on her list on this page.

https://lms-mods.com/random-bug-fixes/
  • Options
    cckeimigcckeimig Posts: 7 New Member
    The patch had no impact for me whatsoever… I use a Mac. Plants still regularly collapse down to dirt piles even when in season. They also don’t have harvestable’s every day anymore, at least for Mac. It’s extremely frustrating.
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    I read today that this bug exists in the base game, so it's a really old bug.

Some how I never encountered it but then the only thing I ever grown was Plasma Trees, and I know they got their own bugs with the fruit harvesting count.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    A new wrinkle, courtesy of the recent update, is that if sim waters a plant before harvesting it the plant will revert to dirt pile. Seasons not present, so that's not the problem. Everything was fine 1 July, broken on 19 July.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,145 Member
    The Plant reverting glitch has been in the game for over 6 years now unfortunately & sadly no one will fix it. Oh well, it is what it is.😢😞
  • Options
    IllandryaIllandrya Posts: 87 Member
    I haven't had it occur in Chestnut Ridge yet (cross fingers/touch wood), but every other save the dirt pile is a constant nightmare. Not only that, but they sometimes get stuck and I have to put them into my household inventory and drag them out again for the plants to start growing/producing. When my sims make their living from the gardens and/or are on the lot challenge where they need ingredients to cook, this makes life very difficult. I have put a "me too" on every similar bug report in AHQ, but it gardening never appears on the laundry list.
  • Options
    LarrikatevenLarrikateven Posts: 99 Member
    edited July 2023
    I've escaped this bug and never had a problem... until yesterday. My poor vampire and his dirt-pile plasma.

I guess he'll have to start chasing Sims around for their blood now. >:)
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    I wonder what triggers it. If that becomes known it might be possible to avoid it.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,420 Member
    For me it has stopped with the patch.
  • Options
    UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    I wonder what triggers it. If that becomes known it might be possible to avoid it.

For my game, it’s traveling. My sims can’t leave their lot or every single plant converts to a dirt pile every single time.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,389 Member

For my game, it’s traveling. My sims can’t leave their lot or every single plant converts to a dirt pile every single time.
    Same happens in my game. Also fertilizing or watering does it, but it's completely random.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Kimmer wrote: »

Same happens in my game. Also fertilizing or watering does it, but it's completely random.

I had hoped it was something WE could 'fix' because I donno if EA gonna ever bother, but those 2 things are obviously essential and can't be avoided..to avoid a bug :///