Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Plants are still reverting. :(

BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
Anyone else still having this issue despite the patch fix?
heartstopper-couple.gif
Post edited by EA_Mako on

Comments

• Options
    Also my weeds grew back within hours. UGH.
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I don't know yet, but I'm curious about this as well.
  • Options
    LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    I had a few plants in my family's greenhouse revert back to dirt piles after the patch as well.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    Does this happen in existing saves? Because often fixes only work on new saves and not retroactively on saves that already have that particular bug. They usually mention it in the patch notes though.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    My Sims still won't knit on there own but we got a free concert in the woods. I gave up hope on any fixes that work as advertised. They spent more time on the concert then bug fixes.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Yes, I am still experiencing this bug
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    StartUpGeniusStartUpGenius Posts: 135 Member
    Same problem here.. Not the money tree 😭
  • Options
    BitterBubblyBitterBubbly Posts: 70 Member
    Same here. My plants are still disappearing and turning back into dirt piles, too.

This is after clearing my cache. No gardening mods in use either, so I think this is another bug that's getting called "fixed" even though it wasn't. :/
  • Options
    StartUpGeniusStartUpGenius Posts: 135 Member
    [quote="MDianaSims;c-17921791"]Does this happen in existing saves? Because often fixes only work on new saves and not retroactively on saves that already have that particular bug. They usually mention it in the patch notes though.[/quote]

Will it work with "Save As.." files?
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    MDianaSims wrote: »
    Does this happen in existing saves? Because often fixes only work on new saves and not retroactively on saves that already have that particular bug. They usually mention it in the patch notes though.

I see this a lot that fixes don't work in existing saves. Do they eventually get fixed in the existing saves as well cause I have been playing the same save for two years now and I don't want to start over.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    The patch notes do not say it's for new saves only so I'd encourage people to report this as not fixed ASAP. Cottage Living is going to be released broken. Colour me surprised.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    edited June 2021
    Oh no. :(
    I haven't played yet with households that had problems with reverting plants. I was going to play with my 100 baby challenge next and they have a huge problem with the greenhouse full of dragon fruits that keep turning to dirt piles before they even grow up. I'm afraid it will never be fixed.
    I have too many saves with broken gardens and I'm extremely disappointed if my actual gardeners can't continue their work.
    EA should fix their mistakes on old saves too.
  • Options
    shailaputriishailaputrii Posts: 64 Member
    My Sims still won't knit on there own but we got a free concert in the woods. I gave up hope on any fixes that work as advertised. They spent more time on the concert then bug fixes.

free concert in the woods go brrrr
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Yup, still the ground garden glitch. Oh well. :(
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I feel like they have attempted to fix this bug in at least 3 patches by now.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    That's bizarre. How could they think it is fixed if it isn't? Are you all playing existing saves? Has anyone tried it in a new save?
  • Options
    BitterBubblyBitterBubbly Posts: 70 Member
    Absolutely still happening. My sim was harvesting the garden just now and every single plant just went poof and disappeared, WHILE she was harvesting them. Just...BAM! Instant dirt piles.

Which TS4 career is the most challenging? Gardening, hands down, because you never know from one minute to the next if your garden is going to be there or not. SMH...
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I hope it will be fixed by the time Cottage Living releases or people will not be happy.
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Make sure if you are having issues still you report it. The old bug thread is closed so they will assume it’s fixed if nothing is said. I haven’t tested yet.
  • Options
    lori171957lori171957 Posts: 233 Member
    I have never had this happen in my game (revert to dirt pile), and I play gardening on every lot. I wonder why?
  • Options
    MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    A few of mine did too. Including some sheltered ones that were fine before the patch. Go figure.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • Options
    Which guru is in charge of bug fixes again?
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I started playing a game again and am getting more and more frustrated so not enjoying it like I normally do. My sims are popping out of bed in the middle of the night, not fully rested, and landing next to the bed. They also popped out of their chairs while eating before finishing meals and the toddler popped out of the high chair. Actions set in the queue disappear frequently. Seems worse today than the other day. And they still constantly get water to drink. I don't use any mods or cc. I am going to try to repair it, again, and clear cache, again and hope it works. I honestly cannot play this game when it is behaving this badly. :(
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    edited June 2021
    Can you imagine the fallout that will happen if EA releases a pack based on farming, before fixing this gardening bug first? I fully expected the update before CL's release to break whatever fix that was released yesterday. But now we find out that fix actually doesn't fix anything. So we're right back where we started 13 months ago. And how many updates since then have included some kind of solution that simply doesn't work? I'm so tired of being disappointed. The teams have come up with some pretty nifty new things for the game but they are sure having a lot of problems making some of those fun to play while we look for solutions for whatever new bugs we encounter.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'm not having any major gardening issues -- a few have reverted to dirt piles but not till they're out of season, and the ones that were dirt piles but are now back in season (like my carrots and mushrooms) are fully developed and ready to harvest. I was having issues with putting trees in inventory (I wanted to move my Sims to a new lot) but turned out that was just a mod issue.

And this is why it's so hard to get bugs fixed -- not everyone experiences them exactly the same, so it's difficult for the Extermination Squad to duplicate them and figure out what's going wrong. Make sure you post your issues at Answers HQ, and if you can send a copy of your save file (I think there are instructions over there how to do it) that will help find the problems that much faster.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)