Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why is ts4 not on Nintendo switch ?

It is literally on all platforms now I would love to be able to play it on switch instead on my laptop. Why does Ea hate Nintendo ? Does anyone like it on the switch too ? Of course a problem is having to re purchase everything again which is really expensive...

Comments

• Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Lol EA doesn't hate Nintendo. Nintendo is the one at fault. They usually only support their own games. They don't have any other games on their platforms other than Mario, Zelda etc. with some exceptions
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited June 2020
    There is already FIFA on the Switch, but I read they plan on adding FIFA 21, Madden 21, and NHL 21 all to the Switch. All EA games. All coming to the Switch. Sooooo why do they keep leaving The Sims out of discussions?
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Lol EA doesn't hate Nintendo. Nintendo is the one at fault. They usually only support their own games. They don't have any other games on their platforms other than Mario, Zelda etc. with some exceptions

I have different opinions on that matter.
    There are The Sims games on GameCube and Wii (The Sims, The Sims: Bustin' Out, Urbz: Sims in the City, The Sims 2, The Sims 2: Pets on GameCube and The Sims 2: Pets, The Sims 2: Castaway, and many different MySims games on Wii). Additionally, there is some sort of storyline adventure series on GameBoy Advance and Nintendo DS (The Sims: Bustin' Out, Urbz: Sims in the City, The Sims 2, and The Sims 2: Pets on GBA and Urbz: Sims in the City, The Sims 2, The Sims 2: Pets, and The Sims 2: Castaway on Nintendo DS). Plus The Sims 3 for consoles was also released on Wii, Nintendo DS (only The Sims 3), and Nintendo 3DS (Both The Sims 3 and The Sims 3: Pets). Like you can see from this paragraph, EA has released many The Sims games on Nintendo consoles before Wii U (some are even unique Nintendo exclusives).

Additionally, I have heard that Nintendo wanted to release original SimCity for SNES on Virtual Console, but EA didn't allow.

When I look into Switch's EShop, I get the impression that Nintendo has become less strict on their policies.

But there is hope. I have heard that EA has begun releasing games on Switch. When will The Sims be released remains to be revealed by time...
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    @SimmerGeorge That's simply not true. There are many games on the Switch and a lot of them aren't made by Nintendo. Maybe have a browse through the eshop and you'll see. Of course their huge franchises are on their own platforms but there are so many games, including triple A and indie that are not Nintendo.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Who needs another version of Sims 4? 😩
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Why would you even want it on switch? Playing the Sims is awful on console.
  • Options
    Sharonia wrote: »

Well, it does have a touch screen. And it's portable. Great for those who don't have a laptop.
  • Options
    Dakota1377Dakota1377 Posts: 29 Member
    It would be good if you're travelling. I have found I would like a game to occupy myself with something. I found TS4 would be good on the Switch. I have played Sims consoles and found them hard to play. I think the Switch will be different. The controls and the graphics and heaps are better for one. I want to to see Sims move forward. on forward for those who don't use Sims on computers.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Who needs another version of Sims 4? 😩

Thhhiiiiissss....

Yep, why are people so eager to have another console version? IMO The Sims 4 just isn't made for consoles...example being TS4 on other consoles are nightmare to play.
  • Options
    hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    Wouldn't it be kinda of difficult and complicated to add it on the switch? Plus I hear not too many people like it on the console so I can only imagine the backlash that will come from putting it on the switch.
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • Options
    ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    I actually way prefer TS4 on the PlayStation than computer.. 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Ok then perhaps please consider releasing the sims 5 on switch :)
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I would love Sims 4 on switch, but I'm not sure if the switch would be powerful enough. I mean the switch does have games like The Witcher 3 which is a huge game, but Sims is a simulation game which I would figure demands other resources than a game like The Witcher.
  • Options
    Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    filipomel wrote: »
    I would love Sims 4 on switch, but I'm not sure if the switch would be powerful enough. I mean the switch does have games like The Witcher 3 which is a huge game, but Sims is a simulation game which I would figure demands other resources than a game like The Witcher.

I heard this was the reason, the Switch apparently isn't powerful enough which is always kind of the case with Nintendo consoles. Even if you look at the past console Sims releases on Nintendo they aren't the same game as the PC version. Now this shouldn't stop them from porting older sims games like 1 or 2 to the Switch if they really wanted to or even a new console Sims.
  • Options
    filipomel wrote: »

I heard this was the reason, the Switch apparently isn't powerful enough which is always kind of the case with Nintendo consoles. Even if you look at the past console Sims releases on Nintendo they aren't the same game as the PC version. Now this shouldn't stop them from porting older sims games like 1 or 2 to the Switch if they really wanted to or even a new console Sims.

Yes, that's true. Especially The Sims 3 for Wii where you can't even build and sims give birth to school children (The Sims 4 at least had babies). Plus every single handheld game doesn't have aging systems. However, the main difference between Wii and Switch is that you can release patches on Switch.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited June 2020
    In 2019, the investors asked this question
    "Any time we're evaluating platform conversations, we are really looking at a couple of things," CEO Andrew Wilson told investors.

"One, does the game really fit the profile of that platform in terms of the control or the community ecosystem?"

"Two, do we think the community playing on that platform would appreciate the game to go there? Or would they prefer to play it somewhere else? We have a lot of data that would suggest a great many Switch owners also own a PlayStation 4 or an Xbox One or a PC and very often choose to play the games that we make on those platforms even though they have a Switch and they enjoy a lot of great content on the Switch."

... but Apex Legends will be coming to the Nintendo Switch this fall.

It's a tough task to say "we don't care of 55 millions of consoles".

• Options
    fmilfmil Posts: 175 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »

Well, it does have a touch screen. And it's portable. Great for those who don't have a laptop.

Whaaaat!!! It does?! I didnt know about that because i own the lite version and i only have like two games and they dont seem to support touch screen. Anyway, that makes it just perfect for the sims then! The only downside would be that you still cant add mods. I hope they come up with a workaround for this in the future because i do like the switch in handheld mod and play it a lot.
  • Options
    Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    fmil wrote: »
    EgonVM wrote: »

Whaaaat!!! It does?! I didnt know about that because i own the lite version and i only have like two games and they dont seem to support touch screen. Anyway, that makes it just perfect for the sims then! The only downside would be that you still cant add mods. I hope they come up with a workaround for this in the future because i do like the switch in handheld mod and play it a lot.

Haha Don't worry about not knowing, I had my switch for months before realizing it does in fact have a touch screen! For whatever reason not a whole lot of games use it so it's really only useful for the home screen and typing...
  • Options
    xSaraRaexxSaraRaex Posts: 1 New Member
    Why isn't The Sims coming to Switch? I don't understand. They can put it on phones and tablets but can't put it on the Switch. I would love to play The Sims on Switch more than anything. Right now I play Animal Crossing, but it just doesn't live up to The Sims.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    This thread was sort of necroed, but from what I understand from back around when EA investors asked about Switch ports, EA had originally planned to do more ports. However, EA wanted to run Origin on the Switch for their games. Nintendo said no, Nintendo EShop or nothing. Henceforth, they only released ports they were willing to split some purchase revenue for and meet TOS.

I'm not too heartbroken, though. 4 on Switch could be cool and theoretically be playable since it is from back in 2014, but I'd imagine it would struggle without major cuts somewhere. Plus that DLC will quickly fill the storage of that machine, as a Switch owner that had get a storage chip a year or so ago. If 4 gets a Switch port, it needs to be after the hardware upgrade eventually down the pipeline.
  • Options
    Oh, and you probably know @xSaraRaex, but the mobile Sims titles are not equivalent to the Sims main series at all. That they could probably port with no problems, but even if the Switch is not that powerful I do not personally browse for mobile titles or their equivalents.

Perhaps you play Freeplay and like it (and then I understand), but if not I fear you may disappointed if you ask for Sims 4 out of Freeplay.
  • Options
    DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    I could imagine them releasing a smaller version of the sims 4

Like sims 2 stories for laptop and sims 2 for game boy advance… Or the iPad sims 4 game it could have like a Sims 4 Strangerville (but good) and a free play mode,
  • Options
    DevSims91 wrote: »
    I could imagine them releasing a smaller version of the sims 4

Like sims 2 stories for laptop and sims 2 for game boy advance… Or the iPad sims 4 game it could have like a Sims 4 Strangerville (but good) and a free play mode,

Honestly, I'd love one of those quirky console spin offs. In a number of threads already I had mentioned how I had missed them. If they did something similar designed to fit the hardware rather than trying to emulate PC, I'd absolutely buy it.
  • Options
    BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    edited June 2021
    Are switches the hand held tablet like devices? These video games on this seem much like mobile app games, I don't really think something big like sims could run.

@Calico45 This would be sweet, I see this.
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    I don't know how building would work on switch, also UI would be very small.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top