Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spa Day or Dine Out?

I still don’t own either Dine Out or Spa Day, but I have been considering adding one of these packs recently and was wondering if there’s one you’d suggest over the other. I’m open to suggestions regarding both gameplay features and BB/CAS stuff. Thanks :)

Spa Day or Dine Out? 148 votes

Dine Out
60%
auroraael14CK213brackencat31GalacticGalalexspoom13BlkBarbiegallove7680overonxoJessiIsb917elanorbretonncisGibbs02haneulsimgirl1010cchant86sims_premadewylmite1986catloverplayerWinterKhirindavina1221 89 votes
Spa Day
39%
alan650111Cabelle1863sims2freak737BloodC24JueJueMonet11Mi9shaoscarMelisendreBoergeAarg61alanmichael1Yautjagirlmarcel21mitchiebanjoLustianiciaKironideTeeSeaelelunicypapertonguewormofthebookSajahi 59 votes

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Spa Day
    I love the wellness skill.
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Dine Out
    My sims finally have chance to dress formally. I like both packs, but dine out has more content.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited May 2021
    Ahh hard question. Two of my favourite gps...
    Well...
    Dine out is great cause it adds the ability to go out for dinner with a date, friends, family or just alone. You can even order a birthday cake and celebrate at the restaurant. You can create any kind of restaurant and change the menu, making it specialized in vegetarian food, fish, meat, ice cream, burgers, experimental food... you can also own a restaurant, but that's something i never did.

Spa day brings the wellness skill and wellness activities. I love yoga because it makes me relaxed to watch my sims practice it, and they become fit and muscled. You can add a trainer's mat and a few regular yoga mats and create an area where yoga classes will happen autonomously and your sim can participate. There are also several kinds of massages and meditation. And there's the sauna... You can also do all kind of spas, or just mix academy and spa stuff to create a complete workout lot.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Dine Out
    Both are good but I'd recommend Dine Out for restuarents.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Dine Out
    That's a tough one, I really like them both. I marked Dine Out just because I probably use it a bit more frequently but they are both good packs.

Just be sure, if you get Dine Out, to be careful of downloaded restaurants - check everything has plenty of space, access for playability and does not have huge amounts of dining tables everywhere or your sims may end up never getting their meal.
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    Spa Day
    I voted for SPA day, because I love the Wellness skill and steam room. Both packs are fun, but some aspects of Dine out are a bit buggy.
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    Dine Out
    Spa activities are cool, but I use Dine Out far more often. I have all kinds of restaurants in my save, from grungy diners to fancy 5-star restaurants where celebrities like to eat.
    Owning your restaurants are fun too (but making them 5 stars is hard!)
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    Dine Out
    Both are nice. But my sims use restaurants so often that clear option for me.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    I didn't vote, because I only have Dine Out, so I would be biased haha. (Although I do want Spa Day one day).

I really enjoy putting restaurants in my game and sending my Sims out for romantic dinners, friendly get togethers, and even special occasions (you can ask a waiter to bring out a birthday cake). I think that Dine Out works really well with other packs too, for example, thanks to Snowy Escape I have a beautiful Japanese restaurant.

My question to you would be where do you think you're most likely to want to send your Sims? If you play families more often, then you might want to send them out for a lovely meal together, but a young single wealthy Sim might prefer treating themselves to a spa day.

As for BB and CAS, I rarely use the Dive Out BB but I do use the CAS alot, especially the female hair. It also adds some more modern formal wear looks that aren't long dresses.
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    Dine Out
    They're actually both great, as they add things to do in town. I would start with Dine Out because it seems like a more basic feature. Having my Sims go out to brunch or to a fancy dinner date are must-have activities.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    Dine Out
    I enjoy them both. I have a ladies lrunch club and on Saturdays they go for massages and lunch after.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    Dine Out
    Dine Out is my most used GP :)
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    Thanks for the feedback so far! I’m hoping for a sale soon since I have my eye in several packs :)
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Dine Out
    I dont have Spa day so i cannot comment on that, but i use resturants a lot in my game for dates and club gatherings. Running a resturant is also on my list of feautres i would like to try.
  • Options
    candybootcandyboot Posts: 129 Member
    Spa Day
    Spa day.
    Dine out is riddled with bugs.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Spa Day
    candyboot wrote: »
    Spa day.
    Dine out is riddled with bugs.

Exactly this.
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Dine Out
    I love them both but restaurantrs is more versitale, I can have a Bob's Panncake house but a Bob's spa is just not the same :D
  • Options
    GingerLlamaGingerLlama Posts: 51 Member
    Dine Out
    Dine out has some bugs but it still gives you the opportunity to run restaurants! You can go to a spa on the weekend and you're done, but you can spend several days playing and managing the restaurant, I think even with bugs, dine out is worth it for the gameplay
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited May 2021
    Spa Day
    I haven't use Dine out for ages. It came out bugged and it was never fixed. DO is pain in the you-know-where. Spa Day is freaking awesome. The wellness skill is amazing.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    Simmer4000Simmer4000 Posts: 27 Member
    Dine Out
    I enjoy playing both packs but Dine Out wins. I enjoy the restaurant experience for family outings, dates and club events for get together.
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Spa Day
    I personally prefer Spa Day and I actually feel it offers much more than Dine Out. (My personal opinion, please nobody come for me.)

In my opinion, Dine Out really doesn't offer much other than
    - Resturaunts
    - The ability to own and run a resturaunt
    - A few new recipes

Sure, the resturuants, even ones you just plop down from the gallery are super custimozable. But in comparison, Spa Day offers

- Spas
    - New Skill (Wellness)
    - Multiple new game play objects (meditation stool, massage tables, yoga mats, sauna, incense)
    - Yoga classes which gives you two ways to use yoga (in the spa and at home)
    - Mud Baths and Bath Soaks which can be used in any bathtub. At home or at the spa.
    - New Death + Woohoo location: the sauna (I'm not sure if this is something you're interested in but thought it's worth mentioning anyway.)
    - New recipes
    - New Fish for the aqauriums

As far as CAS goes, not only does it offer almost twice as many options looking at the number alone, but I also feel Spa Day is a lot more versitle than Dine Out. All you really get with Dine Out is a few options for formal wear or for resturaunt employees. But the Spa Day stuff can be used for every day, atheletic, swimwear, and even hot weather. I don't remember if the sweatshirts are tagged for cold weather, but you can use the clothing for a lot.

Build-Buy I don't have much of an opinion on, since they both have a more modern style. But I'd still give the point to Spa Day due to the the lotus flower themed items and the overall zen aesthetic. And because of the fact that a good number of those items are actually functional (ie all the gameplay items I mentioned.)

Plus, as others have mentioned, Dine Out is much more buggy as well. But even if it wasn't, I'd still pick Spa Day.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Dine Out
    I love owning a restaurant. It's a fun career. Also, even if you don't play the career, your Sims can eat out at premade restaurants or you can make your own.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I utilize both of these packs a lot. I know some people panned Spa Day but I'm often using it. I've got multiple spas. They often take the scented baths. A lot of my sims do yoga or combine it with other fitness.

Dine Out has also been in my game since I started TS4 so I send sims to restaurants all the time without thinking about it. I've got at least 8 restaurants. I've had someone be a restaurant owner but I usually send sims there to hang out or go on dates.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Dine Out
    Dine Out has to be first because it gives your Sims a great location to go to for dates and family parties. I always use it.

That said, Spa Day is one of my top favorites as well. I love the yoga mat and meditation stool.
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    Dine Out
    I accidentally voted for Dine Out and it's a good pack but I prefer Spa Day because of the beautiful build/buy items it comes with and usually decorate my houses with those.