Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims™ 4 Courtyard Oasis Kit LEAKED (Release: 5/18)

Comments

• Options
    ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Any leaks or hints about the game pack??

Not yet that we've seen, but apparently the Sims team are doing a big announcement of their 'summer plans' on May 17th.
  • Options
    Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    The new objects look nice. They're not my cup of tea however, so I wouldn't have much interest in it personally unless there are gameplay items in it.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Ray_Trace wrote: »
    The new objects look nice. They're not my cup of tea however, so I wouldn't have much interest in it personally unless there are gameplay items in it.

My guess is that's going to be about a third of the kits. I suspect the first quarter of kits was a preview to the whole kit concept - 3 a quarter, approximately one a month, one being an activity/interaction object, one a CAS set and one a build buy set. It actually could go over really well this way, I know in the Sims 3 store I loved getting build/buy sets and premium object sets but was less enthusiastic about CAS sets. Combining them all into bigger sets was sometimes a disappointment due to how much CAS there was.

It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    AmeliaToddAmeliaTodd Posts: 226 Member
    > @SheriSim57 said:
    > I hope they don’t replace stuff packs...... I loved getting new hairs, new clothes and all the other stuff that stuff packs came with. I loved stuff packs......they came with so much stuff after the first few stuff packs were released. And I loved getting them almost every month nothing else came out. I really miss them.

One of Simgurus (don't remember which one, sorry!) said that they won't replace stuff packs.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    sunman502 wrote: »
    This has just came to me when thinking about this new Courtyard Oasis KP. Bare with me on this because this may not seem connected at first. But I will connect them later on. Sunbathing is an outdoor activity. In the past I had built several homes with a walled in courtyard with no roof in them. But the game still treated the open air courtyard as if it were one of the rooms inside the house because of the grid over the courtyard. What I am wondering is will I be able to have my sims sunbathe in this courtyard oasis with Courtyard Oasis installed?

If there was no ceiling, and no second floor, then the room should have been treated as "outside" Though sometimes you have to force this by leaving one wall incomplete and then moving a wall piece into place.
    That's about the only time that the game didn't consider my past courtyard builds as one of the rooms of the house, is when I leave one wall incomplete. When I do that, when I leave one wall of the courtyard incomplete then the game doesn't put a grid over the courtyard.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited May 2021
    This has just came to me when thinking about this new Courtyard Oasis KP. Bare with me on this because this may not seem connected at first. But I will connect them later on. Sunbathing is an outdoor activity. In the past I had built several homes with a walled in courtyard with no roof in them. But the game still treated the open air courtyard as if it were one of the rooms inside the house because of the grid over the courtyard. What I am wondering is will I be able to have my sims sunbathe in this courtyard oasis with Courtyard Oasis installed?

game should consider anywhere without a roof/ceiling outside space cause ive made deathful vampire sun chamber like that on basement level 2 and vlad would roast if left in one and it gets snow and all

but also i have not tried sunbathing on lounge chair cause well... vampires can't

maybe i should test it tho
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Simmingal wrote: »

game should consider anywhere without a roof/ceiling outside space cause ive made deathful vampire sun chamber like that on basement level 2 and vlad would roast if left in one and it gets snow and all

but also i have not tried sunbathing on lounge chair cause well... vampires can't

Would you think that the game would consider that any space that has no roof or ceiling would be an outdoor space. But the game or at least my game doesn't if there's a building grid over that space. I can't even place an outdoor fountain in there if there's a grid over that area. The game will just tell me that the outdoor fountain can not be placed under another object or roofs or ceiling even though I haven't placed a roof or ceiling there.
  • Options
    OutlawWomanOutlawWoman Posts: 156 Member
    My nerd self built a "Greenburg Grocers" in my game. I was very frustrated that the second floor (of a three-floord lot, though only 1/4 of "floor two" is closed in" aka "living space" and the rest is all pillars and fences.) gave poor Knox a negative emote from being "cooped up". I really thought this would work. Disappointing that while Knox is working in his second-level, but wide open crafting area, he gets a negative emote. Super lame. I don't have Seasons yet, but I built this greenhouse/grocers with the intent to buy Seasons...I'm just hoping it counts as "Inside" in that case or I'll be super frustrated.
  • Options
    My nerd self built a "Greenburg Grocers" in my game. I was very frustrated that the second floor (of a three-floord lot, though only 1/4 of "floor two" is closed in" aka "living space" and the rest is all pillars and fences.) gave poor Knox a negative emote from being "cooped up". I really thought this would work. Disappointing that while Knox is working in his second-level, but wide open crafting area, he gets a negative emote. Super lame. I don't have Seasons yet, but I built this greenhouse/grocers with the intent to buy Seasons...I'm just hoping it counts as "Inside" in that case or I'll be super frustrated.
    Again, there was a grid over that area and the game treats it as a roof or ceiling. Even just placing fences and columns is still putting up a wall according to the game.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    This Kit isn't my cup of tea however I will buy it for the new hottub and fountain.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

It comes with a hottub.
  • Options
    This Kit isn't my cup of tea however I will buy it for the new hottub and fountain.
    Hot tub, what hot tub?
  • Options
    OutlawWomanOutlawWoman Posts: 156 Member
    Again, there was a grid over that area and the game treats it as a roof or ceiling. Even just placing fences and columns is still putting up a wall according to the game.

Yes, I figured that out. lol Rather than random complaining, I was actually trying to tell that poor person who posted before me that I understood his frustration. Anyway...I hope he sees he's not alone even though I'll probably get attacked by a few more people after you. 🤣
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited May 2021
    Simmingal wrote: »

Would you think that the game would consider that any space that has no roof or ceiling would be an outdoor space. But the game or at least my game doesn't if there's a building grid over that space. I can't even place an outdoor fountain in there if there's a grid over that area. The game will just tell me that the outdoor fountain can not be placed under another object or roofs or ceiling even though I haven't placed a roof or ceiling there.

Well, at least Olive had no problem tanning in the death pit
    i710oHw.png
    many grids are involved and its a room.
    DQtFkCb.png
    EgsWeYk.png
    8BpPZV4.png
    BKJuCKI.png
    gRNrEK4.png

sooo idk don't see why courtyard would not work?
    only blocking thing was when its not sunny weather u obviously cannot tan be it death pit or not

could try to find fix for whoever courtyards are not working for though
    so if you have builds like that put on gallery and link for me :wink:
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member

It comes with a hottub.

Are you sure it comes with a hot tub? I did notice a fountain:

B279654-E-AFC1-4-B6-E-9-B54-C51-F9-E0-C34-B0.jpg
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited May 2021

It comes with a hottub.

No, it doesn't...

Where do you see a hottub?

Don't spread false information, please.

Reality is: We don't know anything about a hottub, it's just your hope/guess.

'I guess it comes with a hottub'
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I love the banana plant and the wall lights. I love the floor decal. Would be nice if they add also fountain or pool trim to match the new wall and floor swatches.
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    edited May 2021
    Catloverplayer - I might be wrong, but I think what you saw was a reflection pool, not a hot tub.
  • Options
    trineloetrineloe Posts: 37 Member
    I think it's amazing that we get some more representation, even though I'm a little unsure on how I feel about the kits - for me, this could as well have been a great stuff pack (in the same way as Tiny Living). Unfortunately, I, as well, have a tough time seeing which world this will fit into, except Oasis Spring. Otherwise, I'm looking forward to try challenging myself with some new builds that are different from what I usually make. :)
    Gallery ID: trineloe
    ~~ building life ~~
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I love the banana plant and the wall lights. I love the floor decal. Would be nice if they add also fountain or pool trim to match the new wall and floor swatches.

Isn't that a pool trim that I saw then?
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    Another kit I will skip. Thanks for the money I save, EA!
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Simburian wrote: »

I thought I saw a pool trim.....
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member

I think that's a platform with a new platform side pattern, or else a wall pattern on low walls.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

I think that's a platform with a new platform side pattern, or else a wall pattern on low walls.

Let's hope that it's both. My attempt at a platform blue tiled trim with a pool though had a white line underneath on the water side so I hope they do it better with this one.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

Could be a pool or fountain trim, or it could be just a new fountain. I think it looks a bit high to be pool trim and the decal pattern goes neatly around it, so I'm guessing it's a standalone fountain object.