Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When will The Sims 4 Officially End?

12345679...Next

Comments

• Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Still Unsure
    marcel21 wrote: »
    palguna31 wrote: »
    See they just release the kits. I think it will end several years again.

seems like they still plan to release packs longer with this game. they did say this game will be running longer a few years ago and now with kits

I hope Music will be the 11th Expansion Pack called, The Sims 4: Pop It Expansion Pack with Ava Max's Songs Sweet But Psycho, So Am I, Kings and Queens and My Head and My Heart will be re-recorded in Simlish.

EzwP7-vXoAIglG4?format=jpg&name=large

yes please B)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    DemongradDemongrad Posts: 44 Member
    Still Unsure
    I hope that not in the next 4-5 years. I love the game and enjoy playing it many hours weekly. I'm playing sims since the first game came out (early 2000's) and TS4 represents all I ever wanted in this franchise game. Yes, it's not perfect but neigther was TS1,2 and 3.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Still Unsure
    The only answer to the question is "When they are ready to end it"
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited April 2021
    the sims 4 will never die and live forever :)
    B)

😎😎😎😎😎😎😎

please EA give us zombies again and werewolfs :'(

Oh god... :#:#
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    MorinorMorinor Posts: 2 New Member
    Seriously if EA weren't so much about profit the game would have been in a much better state but I think it's unfixable now. The only fix for their failures is if they give us what we pay for and with such prices, it must be something good, but we all know that won'thappen.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Demongrad wrote: »
    I hope that not in the next 4-5 years. I love the game and enjoy playing it many hours weekly. I'm playing sims since the first game came out (early 2000's) and TS4 represents all I ever wanted in this franchise game. Yes, it's not perfect but neigther was TS1,2 and 3.

But what if TS5 is all you ever really wanted? Think about it, what if TS5 was everything we had all ever wanted? I doubt it but what if TS5 blows TS4 out of the water with all new ways to do things like building that so many love in TS4 (but I think is very limited) and soooo much easier with dozens of dozens of more features in building, and in simulation and gameplay and interactions. I wonder how long it will take TS4 players to snob TS4 and move on to TS5.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    Still Unsure
    Cinebar wrote: »

But what if TS5 is all you ever really wanted? Think about it, what if TS5 was everything we had all ever wanted? I doubt it but what if TS5 blows TS4 out of the water with all new ways to do things like building that so many love in TS4 (but I think is very limited) and soooo much easier with dozens of dozens of more features in building, and in simulation and gameplay and interactions. I wonder how long it will take TS4 players to snob TS4 and move on to TS5.

I'd move on in a heartbeat.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

I really believe there would be many if all that were true. But I think a very good reason we don't get any leaks about much of a new game is because many would not buy the kits and or stuff packs (but probably would get EPs and GPS) for TS4 and start saving their money up for a game like that. It would be huge if it were true and I would guess would cost even more than TS4's pricey tag of $60 to $80 at release. I think if we ever get a game we all loved then it would be very expensive now, and those who say they are sticking with TS4 would buy TS5 the first day if not preorder it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    Still Unsure

I really believe there would be many if all that were true. But I think a very good reason we don't get any leaks about much of a new game is because many would not buy the kits and or stuff packs (but probably would get EPs and GPS) for TS4 and start saving their money up for a game like that. It would be huge if it were true and I would guess would cost even more than TS4's pricey tag of $60 to $80 at release. I think if we ever get a game we all loved then it would be very expensive now, and those who say they are sticking with TS4 would buy TS5 the first day if not preorder it.

And hopefully no more TS is better than TS2 is better than TS3 is better than TS4. 😄
  • Options
    DemongradDemongrad Posts: 44 Member
    Still Unsure

The big key word here is IF. As far as we know EA, it will be a loot-boxes filled game with a monthly subscription. I'm just saying that I enjoy TS4 and don't want the game to end soon. I am not excited about a game that we don't even know if it's even being worked on or if it's going to be better.
  • Options
    Still Unsure
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    the sims 4 will never die and live forever :)
    B)

😎😎😎😎😎😎😎

please EA give us zombies again and werewolfs :'(

Oh god... :#:#

yes, I liked the supernaturals. it still seems incomplete compared to TS3 and they have been in TS2 it always been a popular theme to some of us ;)
    you don't have to buy it ;)

• Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    Still Unsure
    I feel the next iteration won't come out until 2025. Which will be 10 years of the Sims 4 by then. I mean if they kept the pattern of releasing new Sims base games every 4 years. We would have been on Sims 6. I feel more can be done with the Sims 4, just because Sims 5 releases doesn't mean it would be better especially if they haven't learned what not to do from the Sims 4 game.
  • Options
    Still Unsure
    SnaveXs wrote: »
    I feel the next iteration won't come out until 2025. Which will be 10 years of the Sims 4 by then. I mean if they kept the pattern of releasing new Sims base games every 4 years. We would have been on Sims 6. I feel more can be done with the Sims 4, just because Sims 5 releases doesn't mean it would be better especially if they haven't learned what not to do from the Sims 4 game.

Agreed. at least they have more time with TS5. I mean after the start of the TS4 who would want a quick New game release . the sims forums complaining about how bad the TS5 base game is.

they have added a lot of popular and NEW features back to buy/CAS to.

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I don't want TS4 to end. This is probably the last Single Player Sims game we'll see till Sims 6. Sims 5 is looking like it's going to be multiplayer so we need as much content as they can squeeze out in TS4.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Still Unsure

I would never abandon this game. I own all packs. plus it would be a couple of years before the sims 5 gets a collection packs.

I would be playing both.

• Options
    CinnabunbunCinnabunbun Posts: 13 New Member
    If Sims 5 really is a multiplayer heavy game, they would be smart to support both at the same time. Sims has been single player for 20 years. If 5 fails because people didn't like the direction, they can just keep churning out content for 4. Hiring for engine improvements, saying many more years, and the introduction of kits makes me think this is likely.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Still Unsure

to be fair I play sims 2 and 3 as well as 4 @Cinebar
    more for sim kids and more drama please