Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When will The Sims 4 Officially End?

Comments

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,971 Member
    edited March 2021
    Simburian wrote: »
    I'd be happy with Sims 5 coming out next year and Sims 4 going on with kits for those who don't want to go on to Sims 5. I don't like games' series coming to an end. I get lots of enjoyment out of building and playing rotationally in the current iteration.

It's probably a race between EA's new iteration and Rod Humble's new game now. Paralives won't be strong enough to cope with both without a huge cash injection.

What is Rod Humbles new game?
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    Still Unsure
    I'm just enjoying the ride for as long as it lasts.

Totally agree @simgirl1010 :D
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,232 Member
    edited March 2021
    Still Unsure
    2020: Better skintones
    2021: Bunk beds
    2022: Cars
    2023: Farming
    2024: Better babies
    2025: Plum no one was asking for

So around 2026 or 2027 I guess

2025 : Multiplayer Online mode
    2026 : Ultimate Team loot box system (pay for random content like Kinder Surprise)
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Still Unsure
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »
    I'd be happy with Sims 5 coming out next year and Sims 4 going on with kits for those who don't want to go on to Sims 5. I don't like games' series coming to an end. I get lots of enjoyment out of building and playing rotationally in the current iteration.

It's probably a race between EA's new iteration and Rod Humble's new game now. Paralives won't be strong enough to cope with both without a huge cash injection.

What is Rod Humbles new game?

Nobody knows. He used to work for EA/Maxis Sims games and left to be the head of Second Life the online simulation game. He is now the general manager for the Berkeley studio of Paradox Interactive and working on something there of which nothing has leaked so far. It's rumoured to be a rival to the Sims' games but could be anything!

Have a look at the Sims Wiki article about him!

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Rod_Humble
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,971 Member
    @Simburian Thank you, I will!
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I hope never, especially if S5 is going to be online multiplayer and competitive. Just let S4 keep going for those of us who don’t like to share.
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    I hope never, especially if S5 is going to be online multiplayer and competitive. Just let S4 keep going for those of us who don’t like to share.

All games have to end sooner or later. Why would EA make a SIMS game competitive? Sims isn't a football game or a Roblox Obby Contest game-it's a simulator game.And I doubt EA would be stupid enough to risk losing thousands of dollars repeating the SimCity 2013 fiasco

If EA wants to end Sims 4 by next year,let them end Sims 4. Let them put out Sims 5. We'll never know how good Sims 5 might be if people keep wanting Sims 4 to keep going forever and ever.

Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Before TS5, TS4 needs to be remastered graphically for release to PS5.

That won't happen.

TS5 is scheduled to be on PS5. Not TS4. If the devs haven't improved TS4's game engine or fixed its other core issues and mountain of bugs, what makes you think they will graphically remaster it for PS5?

I'm sure it will happen after they fix all bugs in TS4.

So... never?

Honestly, not soon enough for me. TS4 kinda killed any love I had for this game, I rarely play any of them any more. I have my eye on Paralives but I’m not holding my breath.

Life is short, and I’m not getting any younger. EA/Maxis and the devs had more than enough chances to pull their fingers out; they didn’t. At least not for me. And now they want me to pay a fiver for dust. Lmao. The cheek.

—T
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Still Unsure
    Think about it. They would no introduce a new pack type if they are planning to end it to soon.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    TS1299 wrote: »
    Think about it. They would no introduce a new pack type if they are planning to end it to soon.

Or it could be that they will continue with "kits" after TS4 ends because they have such little content it would be much easier to continue to update TS4 for smaller type packs
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Still Unsure

Or it could be that they will continue with "kits" after TS4 ends because they have such little content it would be much easier to continue to update TS4 for smaller type packs

This seems pretty likely to me, but boy, is it disappointing, especially if you're a TS4 fan. The expansions of TS4 have mostly been unmemorable and the lowest tier of quality since the series began, IMO. In fact, a Wired.com article suggested only 2 of 10 expansion are essential, both being expansion pack concepts introduced nearly decade+ ago. The Sims 4 lacked innovation and often fell flat while attempting to do so at nearly every turn, and if it ends up doing what you're suggesting, it's going to exit just as weak as it came.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member

That wired article is just a "my favourite packs" kind of article. For instance, vampires was the best ever in any iteration of the game. It's super well done, but the author classifies it as "you don't need this pack". It seems that the author doesn't like the idea of sims fearing the vampires ( problably refering to the break ins..? Or the fact that a vampire drinks human blood...?).
  • Options

This was my first thought exactly.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    @texxx78, I never quoted an article from Wired.com, that was from @Sk8rblaze commenting on my comment
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    TS4 is like that movie 'What About Bob". It's never going to leave.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    @texxx78, I never quoted an article from Wired.com, that was from @Sk8rblaze commenting on my comment

Oh i know, and i havent quoted you, at least on purpose... i think that when we quote someone that quoted someone before, everyone is getting notifications... i don't know why the forum is working that way...
  • Options
    MoofytheManMoofytheMan Posts: 16 Member
    Still Unsure
    I think EA is going to keep creating 4 content until the money well dries up, which might be soon based on all the new job listings they've posted. They might also just keep pumping out Kits until the end of time. It's anyone's guess really
  • Options
    YBNS2468YBNS2468 Posts: 240 Member
    *Many, many more years to come...*😙
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited March 2021
    Still Unsure
    Well, they said many more years so...uh...more than two I guess.
    Post edited by logion on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited March 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Still Unsure
    I thought The Sims 4 could stop 10 years later but 2024 seems to be wrong... now I begin to think about 2029.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Still Unsure
    I currently have a suspicion that Sims 5, whatever it may be, is being made with a mind to keeping Sims 4 running and popping out material AT THE SAME TIME.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Still Unsure
    Ok, didn't see this coming. I actually thought Sims 4 would end after it's 10th Birthday. Who knew.
    So, my new guess is around 2025 to 2028.
  • Options
    ghamrick75ghamrick75 Posts: 134 Member
    Still Unsure
    Believe it was said back in early 2019 that they had about 20 more packs planned and it was implied that those 20 packs would be released over a 3 year period. It was unclear though if that was just for Sims 4 or both Sims 4 and Sims Mobile. ALSO... the Sim Guru who made the comment is no longer on the "main" Sims 4 team though he is still employed by them. (it was SimGuruGrant for anyone interested.)

That said, I suspect that their plans have changed a bit in light of last year. And regardless of if the "20 more pack" was a concrete number or even legit, I think they have probably altered their plans a bit.
    Origin ID: ghamrick75
    (I'm been redoing my gallery stuff so bear with me. FYI: I never use CC on my gallery builds. I rarely use MOO.) I am usually more pleased with my room builds than my lot builds.

“I have never met such weird yet serious and earnest people.” ― Jack Kerouac, The Dharma Bums
  • Options
    edited March 2021