Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited May 2021
    Update 120 - Welcome to Strangerville

jVvvgPN.png

Notes:
    "I'm really sorry, Jules," Hugo apologized for the millionth time as they stood in the empty parking lot of the clearly abandoned motel. The address that Hugo had found online had apparently been out of business for some time now.
    7jsyRsj.jpg

"It's okay," Jules told him patiently, trying to ignore the throbbing in her head, her night of poor sleep catching up with her. She tried to not let her hot-headed trait rear its ugly head, swallowing down a mouthful of frustrated words. "We'll figure something out."
    VWT091z.jpg

They walked further into town before stumbling upon a building with a plague reading "Strangerville Information Center." Well, that seemed like as good a place as any to begin some inquiries.
    wJFrjbE.png

They found a friendly woman sitting behind the desk, who introduced herself as Wanda Benedict and asked how she could help them. Jules explained that they were staying in Strangerville for a bit and were in need of a place to stay.
    Qop8Ha1.jpg

"Unfortunately, there's not too many places to stay in town," Wanda explained. "Tourism has been down lately, which has caused a lot of businesses to suffer, but I actually have a place if you'd be interested."
    hsvkGHY.jpg

Wanda owned a trailer not far from the library, and as she led them there, she rambled on about her life. She was currently working three jobs to make ends meet, and had even been planning to rent her trailer out eventually, so why not start now? She apologized for whatever state it was in - her son had been staying there a few months ago, and she hadn't had a chance to go clean the place up.
    pXMMaGv.jpg

She unlocked the trailer door, and led the two inside....
    So for this month, I decided to renovate the trailer lot, Slip 42, at least for the time that Jules is doing the mystery. Since she will live in Strangerville all month, even when the mystery is over, I've started building her a nicer home for later on as well.

Not too many changes to the outside.
    EOa1zmA.jpg

However, the inside has seen much better days...
    qUBXPCp.jpg
    JmPASJg.jpg

We've got a non-functioning window AC unit, a tragic clown painting, and a mouse hole in the wall...not to mention the peeling wallpaper and water stains on the walls....
    RthJmi9.jpg

The bedroom...
    v10v2ZN.png
    N2Je43Y.jpg

Kitchen...
    kNywG8F.jpg

And the worst part...the bathroom 🤢
    IxDsQw0.jpg

Do we even want to know what that slightly reddish stain is from????? And eeeek! Look at that spider!
    Na78PNt.png

We've got some really great lot traits too...
    B3XRRlb.png

"Oh, I apologize, it's a little more run down than I remember it being," Wanda apologized. "Cleaning was never my son's forte," she chuckled slightly. "If I have time later this week, I can stop by to clean it up a bit, but with working three jobs and such, it's just so hard to ..."

Her incessant chattering was making Jules' headache worse. She was grateful for Wanda's kindness, despite the conditions of the home, but she was ready to unpack her things and figure out their next step. "Thank you - I don't mind cleaning it up a bit," Jules assured her. "We appreciate that you've given us a place to stay."

Wanda left then, so she could make it her second job as a waitress at the local bar.

Jules and Hugo sat down on the couch, properly examining their surroundings, both feeling a bit uneasy.
    tO6SURG.png

Hugo decided he was going to walk around a bit.

And Jules decided to get some cleaning done, though most of the stains were so old and set in that she felt like she barely noticed a different.
    VmwFift.png

She gave up on cleaning shortly after and took out her laptop, checking to see what assignments she had from work. She put up a photo of Ruby on the desk, feeling her chest tighten as she thought about how much she already missed her daughter.
    Zl5pbEA.png

Meanwhile, Hugo had stumbled upon the Curio Shop, and Erwin had swindled him into buying many items.
    EojHccu.png

"Um, Hugo, what are you wearing...?" Jules asked when Hugo finally returned.
    zjFwFp6.jpg

"There's a guy who has a stall right outside the trailer park where he sells a bunch of stuff, and he swore this would protect me from whatever is infecting people around here. I guess what happened to Bex is happening to a bunch a people....I got you a hat too, if you want!"
    n6Z0618.png

Jules politely declined. Hugo looked a little embarrassed, but continued. "I also got these books about Strangeville." Now that sounded a bit more helpful. The two began to read, trying to absorb as much relevant history and knowledge as they could about this strange little town.
    rg7rl3n.png

After a while, they were ravenous. Hugo had picked up some food while he was wandering around town, so he made the two of them dinner.
    z0Mlk8l.png

As Jules crawled up onto the rickety top bunk, she felt the tightness in her chest return, as she worried over Bex and longed for Ruby. She could only hope that they would find answers soon, and their stay here wouldn't be too long...
    cznFBHx.png

--
    I found that abandoned motel when I first moved them in and was panning around the area, and decided it would be funny if that was the place Hugo had found. Then I found Wanda, the game generated librarian, gave her a small makeover and created a backstory for this disaster of a home I made for Jules and Hugo this month. This was a fun renovation for sure. City Living and Vampire items made this trashy disaster possible. I was kind of going for that skeevy motel vibe...since that feels like the kind of lodgings you'd get in Strangerville last minute like this, haha.
    Post edited by permanentrose on
  • Options
    Will catch up on comments later today!

Also, I did post a summary of Jules' progress up until now just anyone new could catch up if you want to! I also added it to my first page of this challenge just so it doesn't get lost amongst all the posts. You can find my first post here, with links to all my updates, background info, and now my summary :)
  • Options
    SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    May 1
    ShgKr1H.png

Bryons Diary
    (Johnny) “Welcome to Strangerville!”

COKk8FE.png
    (Bryon) “Why is everything so.... Abandoned?”
    (Johnny) “Oh, well, yeah... The aliens did this.”

AxgVfzg.png
    (Johnny) “Anyways, you got yourself the best place! We’re neighbors!”
    (Bryon) “That’s your house?”
    (Johnny) “Yep!! It's nice, isn't it??”

6LmBtoh.png
    (Jess) “Wanna see what it looks like from the inside?”
    (Bryon) “Sure!”

Er0ei8Z.png

rm2frhj.png

j3dsqo9.png
    (I didn't make this myself, just ripped it from the gallery. Credits to that person!)

l1iN2nD.png
    (Bryon) “You got yourselves a nice place to stay for sure! You sure you don't wanna stay here?”

SEGRnxr.png
    (Johnny) “I’d love to stay here, but well... I already told you some weird things were going on, right? Those things are actually holding me back from staying after my military duty. If only that got solved... But the army is stuck. Scientists are stuck. The police is stuck. The aliens ruined everything here.”
    (Bryon) “It can’t be that bad... Right?"
    (Johnny) "What you just saw outside was only the beginning. It gets worse."

M1nwoE6.png
    (Johnny) "I can show you around, if you want. I know this city pretty well by now."

CUSzOC8.png
    I agreed, but from all the places he could take me, Johnny brought me to this... Camping?

(Bryon) “So, why are we here?”

Dsp4sPO.png
    JVVZ8PK.png
    (Johnny) “You see that plant over there? The aliens planted them. They're everywhere. Everyone who touches them...”

jrsC02z.png
    (Johnny) “Ends up like her...”

Johnny points to a woman who's standing somewhere further, and then we walked closer.

4sKDWut.png
    (Bryon) “What happened to her???”
    (Johnny) “She’s possessed. There’s no hope for her anymore, unless we can beat those aliens. She was actually a friend of mine back in the military. It's so sad, really...”
    (Bryon) “Oh no...”

ZYiI9vU.png
    (Bryon) “This is serious... She’s not even responsive.”
    (Johnny) “Told you. You should talk to more people around town. I mean, the few ones that aren’t possessed."

DaErH8F.png
    (Johnny) "Oh, I actually know someone you can talk to! That guy over there. He’s really nice! His name is Erwin. I'd love to join you, but I promised Jess to be home on time... Will you find your way back?"
    (Bryon) "Sure, no problem. Thanks for the tour!!"

0X33n3a.png
    (Erwin) “Hello there! I saw you with Johnny! You actually look like him a bit... Are you his older brother?! I heard a lot about you! Come closer for a second...”
    (Bryon, in himself) "What a weirdo..."

ghuKzbC.png
    xGzCbr3.png
    (Erwin) “Did Johnny tell you about the secret lab?”
    (Bryon) “Yes.”
    (Erwin) “You should go there. Weird things are going on! But, be sure not to get caught! Hm... Maybe you can pretend like you’re from the military...? Heh, that would be funny! You should definitely ask your brother. Anyways, care to buy any curio items?”

QDlbQSJ.png
    I took a look around his weird items.

(Bryon) “No, thanks. But thank you for the conversation. I should head home before it gets too dark.”

Nrthpqv.png
    (Erwin) “You should!! Be careful, and think about what I said!!!”

biR0GKH.png
    Right in front of my place, I bumped into someone. Well, at least he looks normal.

(Guy) “Hey, you the new resident?”
    (Bryon) “I am.”
    (Guy) “I got some advise for you”

KgAUjc2.png

(Bryon) "Well, thank you."

9taAwqv.png
    When I got back home, I stared at the bassinets.

(Bryon, in himself) “Maybe what Erwin said wasn’t that bad of an idea... I could easily pretend like I’m from the military with my new haircut. I should talk about it with Johnny tomorrow.”
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,927 Member
    edited May 2021
    @Karababy52 , Thank you :) It was fun to renovate, and took me 6 irl hours :joy:

@LegacySims2017 , nice to meet Jackson ! :) Looks like he is enjoying his life at Sulani :)

@permanentrose , nice touch using that abandoned motel :) Great reno! :) At least they have roof over them now, no matter how bad shape the old trailer is :)

@Skeilah , Great start at SV :) Hehe Bryon will be meeting lots of weirdos :p
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited May 2021
    May - Day 1: "Welcome to Strangerville Beast!"

SWfjDAy.png

Notes
    enogLys.png
    The gang's all here, finally! You already know the beast made it, here's everyone else. Essa...

4ZRiEwH.png
    Josh...

SoTM6hK.png
    And of course Frank! I haven't given Essa and Josh a wardrobe update yet, but that will come next time. I imagine they're feeling a bit hot in those outfits. Except Frank, of course.

I7tIV4C.png
    I ended up keeping pretty much everything out in the basement. Copied and placed it with a few configuration changes. Placed it next to the pool again so there would be a bit more light down there. Not sure if it's beneficial to the plants to get filtered light, but it couldn't hurt.

tURIUkT.png
    The backyard got a little more renovations. You can see the fenced off area for the basement stairs on the top right, Essa's rocking chair on the porch and a view of the basement garden through the pool windows.

z6Bx0sP.png
    I ended up bringing their hot tub afterall and gave it a little update too by adding columns to match the house and some greenery. The Beast got a little area of his own too as witnessed here and the daily post pic.

j1mJJCn.png
    Since I showed all the other rooms, I figured I might as well show how the renovation of the landing office area, gym and Essa's art studio turned out. Dangit, just noticed I didn't do any window treatments. Seems like I always for get something. Anyway, here's an overhead right side view.

KFaRqog.png
    And overhead left side view.

aGzuAVB.png
    Closer view of the art studio, left side.

3WQpBzJ.png
    Right side.

vNH8IWk.png
    Gym and Listening station area for Josh. Although Essa will need to use it too for the aspiration.

z8wHOQ2.png
    Looking back toward the landing archway entrance.

lJJgrug.png
    Lots of photographs for Josh to view while using that station, mostly of Essa.

2Bh24Be.png
    I added this photo of Frank I found later in Josh's inventory right by his microphone.

p0oyXgn.png
    The otherside across from the gym area is the closet and a couple copies of Masterpieces Essa painted on either side of the bedroom door.

cL3mUwj.png
    Looking through the archway entrance toward the landing office area. Josh will be using his computer in the bedroom, so this is for Essa.

w12KOwG.png
    All her graduation goodies, and lots of photos for Essa to view. Placed their mountain expedition plaques there too.

ZFyOde9.png
    All the Eight is Enough club members photos are here as well along with a photo of Essa Josh took after graduation and one he took of the Britechester mascot.

HFCpc6U.png
    How would you like to have that view while working on your computer? Gorgeous!

Av5V0gl.png
    While looking around through that window, I noticed this possessed Sim walking up their driveway. They don't have any neighbors, so she's not the Welcoming Committee. She's just wandering around I guess.

bjysAac.png
    Everyone is still standing out front, I had them go inside and locked the doors!

wsqs4aM.png
    Put some photos in the living room too. There's more scattered throughout the room, but this is the biggest grouping.

mK42J9d.png
    Lastly, the front entrance got a little update too. Just a few photos, an umbrella stand and this little stool with a vase of sunflowers next to the half bath. I have no idea why, maybe it's the lighting or something, but I love this photo!

That's it for this update. I'll start playing them later tonight after we get back from visiting our Son and Grandkids. I'll do comments on your posts then too, I need to get some ZZzzzZs at the moment. Hope y'all have a wonderful May Day! <3
  • Options
    @IllusoryThrall
    Neat idea to have the apartment above the store and have the family "live" there. I do like that it's pretty easy to live on retail lots, even if it's not official. What does their store sell? Looking forward to seeing Jaz's first official update later today!

@Karababy52
    Your final renovations are lovely, and I love the added touch of all their personal items from today's post, especially our beastly friend - he (She? Are all cowplants technically female because of their udders haha) does make a lovely decoration for Strangerville, the views from your house are gorgeous. The plateau area has that lush desert scenery that really makes for some gorgeous screenshots. Excited to how Josh and Essa begin to tackle this mystery!

I didn't want Jules to live alone, and Hugo has ended up being a fun addition to this mystery for the little bit I've played already. He's kind of my comic relief for this month, haha. I wasn't ready for Emmett to be part of Jules' household quite yet, though I'm sure that will inevitably happen in due time :) And yes, they are "renting" (though only for story purposes, they do officially live there) as you'll see in my update from today. It was a fun house to renovate for sure :)

@LegacySims2017
    Nice to officially meet Jackson, and what a nice game generated name - sometimes you don't get so lucky haha. I like his backstory, and I'm definitely excited to see where his journey takes him! Also nice to have another guy sim as a challenge sim - as you can see, most of us have chosen to do this with girls (so I can't really talk, haha), but it's fun to see some male sims take the staring role too :)

@Skeilah
    Great start to your story! Having Johnny already familiar with the town and the strange happenings is a great way to really introduce Bryon t the town and the mystery. It's gonna be an action packed month for sure! And that photo of Bryon staring at the empty bassinets was so sad :(

@Hermitgirl
    Nice little dabble in story telling, that was a GREAT way to get Roxanne to Strangerville. It definitely suits her and her abilities. I love her grown up makeover too, she looks so professional. And that lost screenshot was so perfect too. Roxanne is gonna have a lot of fun this month, I'm excited to see her journey as she solves this mystery!
  • Options
    SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited May 2021
    @LegacySims2017 - Nice to meet Jackson Rider and his start in Sulani. One of my favorite worlds. Looking forward to his many adventures. I have a question on the earned traits - hero - did he save someone already - is that a sentiment?
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    @SoulGal7 Those extra traits come with a mod that adds an attraction system which help with determining sim compatibility and chemistry, I believe. They are called personality archetypes, and I think they're based on your sims other traits, not 100% sure...I haven't explored too much how they actually work - but maybe @LegacySims2017 has some more insight to that, just thought I'd answer your question quickly about where they came from at least!

Jules actually has two extra traits due to this too - hero and artist, though I've never really noticed how they actually affect gameplay :) (Might also be because I tend to choose Jules' attraction preferences instead of letting the game do it, haha)

• Options
    edited May 2021
    For anyone who wants a recap, here is Sakura Li's story. And this is the short version! lol
    Sakura is a Japanese teen. Her parents both died when she was young, and Sakura was raised by her Sofu (Grandfather) in a small village outside of Mt. Komorebi. She is an only child. Her Sofu passed away last year and Sakura had made a promise to him that they would climb the mountain together on his next birthday. He didn't make it to that birthday. So, Sakura, honoring her promise to him is determined to make the trek and place his ashes on top of the mountain. She is penniless, and slowly builds up simoleons. However, she needs help, and she meets Kiyoshi Ito, who she then falls in love with. She thinks that Kiyoshi feels the same way (but he has never told her he loves her), and they move in together and complete the mountain climb. Kiyoshi's parents want him to follow in their footsteps of an Olympic champion, and they don't really care for Sakura. They see him as being with Kaori, as then Kiyoshi's father would have the blessings of Kaori's grandfather and be able to develop Mt. Komorebi as a more modern, bustling tourist area. Kado, their friend, goes to the slope one day and sees Kiyoshi snowboarding and gives the video to his boss, who is the brother of the Olympic Snowboard Coach. Kiyoshi makes the team. Since Kiyoshi's parents are both former Olympic gold medalists, they host a going-away party, and there, Sakura meets Kaori's grandmother who tells her that Kaori is Kiyoshi's girlfriend. Sakura also sees a lot of photos pf Kiyoshi and Kaori together in the house, and the most upsetting one is displayed in Kiyoshi's room. Kiyoshi explains that he had gone out with Kaori, but that it was over. He leaves the next day for a remote Olympic Training Camp which has no access to communication or the outside world. However, Kiyoshi's father's company has arranged that there be a courier delivery to and from camp so that family may write to the team and the team can write back. The day following Kiyoshi's departure, Sakura gets a letter in the mail that she has been accepted at the School for the Arts in Windenburg. She rushes over with two letters for Kiyoshi, one of which has her new address, and gives them to his mother to be placed in the courier package. We later find out that the letters, of course, never make it to Kiyoshi. After 3 months, Kiyoshi will be given a day off from the Olympic Camp.

Now in Windenburg, Sakura makes many friends, and Sergio and Joaquin, who are her neighbors, have kind of become her Big Brothers. Joaquin's club invites her to join the Spin Masters, and Sergio's club invites her to join the Paragons. At her first Spin Masters meeting at Discoteque Pan Europa, she meets Wolfgang Munch. He is in the Renegade Club, a club that hates the Paragons. However, despite this, they start to become friends, and are quite drawn to each other. However, Sakura is very devoted and true to her boyfriend, Kiyoshi, whom she writes to every day and keeps a journal that they will share after three months. But she does not get any letters back from him. At a Paragon meeting, there is a news report about the members of the Olympic Snowboard Team, and it features Kiyoshi. She tells everyone that Kiyoshi is her boyfriend. Her friends Luna and Sofia think he is so "hot". Sakura is having a problem fitting in with the Paragons, because she doesn't dress the same. Siobhan, the leader, is also having an issue with Sakura being friends with Wolfgang. Joaquin has a great idea that Sakura should have a party and DJ at her party. Sakura of course invites Wolfgang, and at the party there is a rival gang who want to make trouble for the Paragons. They find out Sakura is a Paragon, and the leader of the rival club starts accosting Sakura. Wolfgang steps in, along with an associate of Mobwives (Wolfgang had known this rival gang was coming, and arranged a little surprise for them.) The rival gang leave, and the party is pretty much over. Wolfgang stays at Sakura's to watch over her to make sure the gang doesn't come back. Sakura starts to have more than friendly feelings for Wolfgang at this point, but doesn't act on them because she is in a relationship. She lets Wolfgang know that she has a boyfriend. At the next Paragon meeting (Sergio is not there as he has to work late), there is another news report, again featuring Kiyoshi, but the report also features Kaori, his ex-girlfriend, and states that they are together. Sakura breaks down over the news, since she doesn't know if it's true or not, because she hasn't heard from Kiyoshi at all, and Siobhan accuses Sakura of lying about Kiyoshi being her boyfriend. Sakura was going to quit Paragons, because she couldn't afford to keep buying all these clothes, and she felt that the club should just accept sims for who they are, and not what club they are in (eg. Wolfgang). Siobhan kicks Sakura out of the club, and Sakura leaves crying with Luna and Sofia trying to run after her. The following day, Sergio comes over to apologize for his girlfriend Siobhan's behavior and makes sure that Sakura is okay. Sakura is so upset because she misses Kiyoshi so much and just wants him to write to her. She tells Sergio all about this. He tells her that the second report was probably just "fake" news, and not to worry about it. To help her get over her sadness, Sergio suggests she volunteer at a Homework Helpers Club at the library. During the same week, her music teacher talks to her about a co-op in Willow Creek, but that only the top student will get it. He tells Sakura that she is the most talented student, but he needs to see some original work from her. Sakura forms a group called The Plumbobs (basically all the challenge sims are in it), and River, Bryon and Wolfgang come at the end of the auditions, and tell Sakura that they are going to be roadies for the club. Sakura volunteers at the Homework Helpers club and meets Wolfgang's little brother, Lucas, who is totally enamored with her, and Lucas invites her to dinner. A few days' later, Wolfgang comes by Sakura's house to invite Sakura for dinner at his house (on behalf of his brother), and while there, helps Sakura write an original song. She goes to Wolfgang's house for dinner and his whole family just loves her. She gets a call from her music teacher and he had booked Sakura's band, The Plumbobs, at a charity event for the weekend. They have time for only one practice before the big event. At the "gig". Astrid, their lead singer, phones to say she can't come because her cat ran away and she has to find it. No problem, they figure Jenny can just sing the song instead, but Jenny shows up with laryngitis and can't sing. They convince Sakura, since it is the song that she has written, that she needs to be the lead singer. The place is packed, and Sakura suffers from stagefright. Wolfgang, Bryon and River sense something is wrong as they see everyone changing positions on stage, and Astrid hasn't shown up. Wolfgang talks to Sakura and finds out she has stagefright and he tells her to "keep her eyes on him". The band starts to play, and Sakura is supposed to start singing, and she realizes she can't do it and is about to walk off stage, when she hears Wolfgang start to sing the song and head towards the stage. They finish the song as a duet together, and in a moment of pure joy and thankfulness, she kisses Wolfgang, and immediately realizes what she has done and apologizes. But Wolfgang is not sorry that Sakura has kissed him, and kisses her back. When they part, they both realize that they have "real" feelings for each other, and Sakura is scared at how she feels about Wolfgang and feels that she has "cheated on" Kiyoshi for kissing Wolfgang. They next day, Wolfgang and Sakura talk about what happened, and Sakura also tells him the situation with her boyfriend. Wolfgang decides that what Sakura needs now is for him to be her friend, although he wants to be more.

At school, Sakura is told that the owner of the Blue Velvet Nightclub in Willow Creek was at The Plumbobs concert and she got the co-op position. She will be moving in two days. She phones everyone to let them know and Joaquin says he will plan a party for her. She decides to invite Wolfgang over for dinner to tell him personally. She takes great care to set the table with candles, and even has a gift for Wolfgang. She heads off and comes across a circle of mushrooms, and suddenly feels sleepy and falls on the ground. Prince Oberon, Prince of the Fairies, and his sisters suddenly appear around Sakura, and Prince Oberon magically transports her and them to Sylvan Glade in Willow Creek. When Wolfgang arrives for dinner, he finds Sakura's cell phone lying in the garden, and realizes that something is wrong. He calls his Mom, and pretty soon, there are police searching the island for Sakura. Meanwhile, back in Mt. Komorebi, Kiyoshi gets to visit home early, and he wants to see Sakura. His mother informs him that Sakura moved to Windenburg, but she didn't know her address. The two letters that Sakura dropped off before she left were in a courier package that was lost due to a courier truck accident. Kiyoshi learns that Sakura had never received his letters, and his mother gives them to him. He learns that his sister, Nanami, received a statue from Sakura, and she kept the wrapping paper with Sakura's address on it. Kiyoshi is just about to leave to go to Windenburg (12 hours away), to see Sakura because he has to tell her something. Just then, the police come to the door, and after much discussion, they find out that Kiyoshi's mother received several texts and phone calls from Sakura, but that Sakura's number was blocked on her phone. They are about to take her away to the station for more questioning, when Kiyoshi's father arrives, and basically tells them that he blocked Sakura's phone number and withheld her letters from Kiyoshi, because he had done some research on her past and found out that her great-great grandmother had been a courtesan (prostitute), and he didn't want Sakura to be part of his family with her past. Kiyoshi has had enough, gets the letters that Sakura sent him, and leaves the house for his train to Windenburg. The police charge Kiyoshi's Dad with the disappearance of Sakura.

Now in Sylvan Glade, Sakura wakes up to find she is in a fairy world, and that Prince Oberon wants her to become his wife. He has fallen in love with her and his sisters told him how sad Sakura was, and how wonderful and caring she was. Sakura just wants to be returned to her world, but Prince Oberon insists that she be his bride and that he would make her happy. He puts a spell on her, so that she feels love towards him. One of the fairies, Princess TItania, who is in love with Prince Oberon and has known him since they were children, challenges Sakura to a quest, and the winner of the quest will have Prince Oberon's hand in marriage. Prince Oberon is also forbidden to use any magic on Sakura, and the final quest is a quest of true love. Prince Oberon's sisters are rooting for Sakura and help her by giving her potions, and "reward traits" (The quests basically follow The Serial Romantic Aspiration). Sakura must kiss 10 sims, and chooses to bestow her first kiss on Prince Oberon. Titania thinks that Sakura might be smarter than she first had thought of this "mortal" and also kisses Prince Oberon for her first kiss. Sakura wins the first quest, as Titania could not kiss anyone other than Prince Oberon. The second quest is to go on 3 dates, and on their last date together, Prince Oberon has already decided that Sakura has won, and wishes to give her a promise ring to marry her. Titania's last date is after Sakura's, and Sakura begs Prince Oberon to wait because she tells him that Titania loves him, and that Sakura knows that Prince Oberon really does love Titania. He tells her he will wait, and Sakura has him promise to return her to her world if she does not pass the last quest of true love. On Titania's date...my game decided to do away with Prince Oberon, and he dies in a thunderstorm on the date. The next day, they are assembled, and it is revealed by "The Fairy Godmother" that Prince Oberon has passed. They still have to take the final test of true love, and it is revealed that Titania truly loves Prince Oberon. Prince Oberon told Titania of his promise to Sakura to return her to her world, and Titania honors that wish. Sakura is returned to her world, with no memory of what had transpired there. The parting scene is the Fairy Godmother leading Titania away to help make an ambrosia potion for Prince Oberon.

Meanwhile, back in Windenburg, Wolfgang has been going to Sakura's house everyday "to look after her bees", and then searches the island for her. He has done this every night since she disappeared. One night as he is about to head off on his search, someone comes up to the house. He finds out it is Kiyoshi. He gets angry at Kiyoshi and asks what he was doing there, and how sad Kiyoshi had made Sakura because he hadn't written to her. Kiyoshi doesn't tell Wolfgang about how his father had intervened to thwart his and Sakura's relationship, and just says there was a courier mix-up and shows Wolfgang all the letters that he sent Sakura and all of Sakura's letters to him. Kiyoshi heads off on the search with Wolfgang, and then comes back and asks if he knows of a place he can stay. There is a huge festival in town, and most all of the hotels are booked up. Wolfgang's mother comes to meet Wolfgang to take the ferry back to the mainland, and offers Kiyoshi a place to stay at their house. The next afternoon, Kiyoshi and Wolfgang go on the search together, however, Kiyoshi suggests they go in the opposite direction and they come across a thicket, which leads to The Bluffs, where they find Sakura, who is unconscious on a rock. She is rescued and brought to the hospital. Kiyoshi, Wolfgang and Mila (Wolfgang's mother), all stay at the hospital together and await word on Sakura. Kiyoshi arranges to take a few days more leave from the Olympic Training Camp. While there, we find out more about Wolfgang and Kiyoshi's feelings for Sakura, and that Kiyoshi has a secret that he has been keeping from Sakura. The doctor comes to tell them that Sakura will be okay. The next day, Kiyoshi arrives with the letters and he and Sakura have a very touching reunion and Sakura believes that everything will be fine between them, but still feels guilty over her kiss with Wolfgang, and realizes she has to tell him. Wolfgang is in love with Sakura, although he hasn't told her yet. But, he sees how in love Sakura is with Kiyoshi and also sees that Kiyoshi cares for Sakura. Wolfgang is having a lot of inner turmoil about his feelings, but also doesn't want to lose Sakura as his friend. Kiyoshi suspects that something has happened between Sakura and Wolfgang, but he doesn't know what.

Sakura is discharged and Kiyoshi stays overnight with Sakura. She is still very weak, and can't remember a week of her life. Kiyoshi is very caring towards her, and Joaquin holds an early birthday party for her, while Kiyoshi is still there. There is a reunion of The Plumbobs, and Wolfgang and Sakura sing the duet together that they did at the concert, and River, who has had a bit too much juice, shouts out that they want to see "That Kiss". Sakura is horrified and Kiyoshi is looking at both of them suspiciously. Wolfgang tactfully covers it up and has Kiyoshi come and give Sakura a kiss. For her birthday gift, Kiyoshi gives Sakura two tickets to the Olympic Snowboard Events, with accommodation and flights arrangements for Sakuyra and a friend to come and see him in a month to compete in the Olympics. When they arrive home, Sakura tells him about what happened at the concert with Wolfgang and how she kissed him. Kiyoshi then tells Sakura the bombshell secret that he "messed around" with Kaori, his ex-girlfriend, who is also on the Olympic Snowboard Team, at the camp. He pleads forgiveness. Sakura is heartbroken and cries through the night. The next day Kiyoshi leaves and at the last moment, Sakura runs up to him and kisses him goodbye and asks him to write to her. Through this all, Kiyoshi has never told Sakura that he loves her. When she returns to the house, Joaquin arrives with all her presents and two bottles of champagne. She breaks down and confides everything to Joaquin, about Kiyoshi and Wolfgang, and everything, and his solution is that she go to university, where she will find a "man" not a boy who will love her. The next day is her birthday, she opens a special gift that Kiyoshi has left for her (a heart necklace with a pic of them taken at the top of the mountain), and Wolfgang comes over with a bike gift from his family. They ride the island and then Sakura wants to see where they found her, as it might trigger some memory. They go to The Bluffs together, but Sakura doesn't remember anything. The Spin Masters hold a birthday bash for Sakura, with everyone in attendance at Discoteque Pan Europa, and she then becomes a young adult. Wolfgang comes over the next day and she tells him about her plan on attending uni, and he helps her with the application and scholarships. He also tells her about a uni campus tour organized by their high school. She and Wolfgang attend the uni campus tour of both campuses, and under the moonlight, walking back to get the bus, Wolfgang is about to tell her that he loves her, but then Sakura sees the bus, and runs off thinking they will miss it. Wolfgang doesn't tell her what he wanted to tell her, as the moment was broken, and when he gets home, he laments this fact.

And that is where we are at. Sakura is not sure what uni she wants to go to. Wolfgang is going to Foxbury and credits Sakura with encouraging him to "use his gifts" and without her, he may not have been able to go to uni, as he went from a C to an A. He wants to build a robot and is going to take Physics. Sakura has not been feeling "right" since her disappearance, and dreams of a faceless sim and during the day gets panic attacks. At spring break, she is supposed to head back to Mt. Komorebi to see Kiyoshi compete in the Olympics. She and a friend (Gee...I wonder who she will ask!!!!) Sakura is so torn about her feelings for both Kiyoshi and Wolfgang. She was totally committed to Kiyoshi before he cheated on her, but more and more is falling in love with Wolfgang. What happens at "spring break" will determine who Sakura will be with.
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    May 1
    Strangerville!
    1NcJGHc.png
    What happened just before moving:
    nfGg40q.png
    When Roxanne got home from her interview Rubanoid scanned her immediately then asked, "So when were you going to tell me you got a job as a high powered secret agent intent on saving the world and that we would have to move to a strange place immediately?"
    A34oZKc.png
    pJBVf7P.png
    "Oh that!" Roxanne pshawed. "Well of course I knew that you'd know what was going on immediately and want to support me in anything I pursue in life, my sweet bolt-king!"
    onUt6Jp.png
    "Did you ever think that maybe I'd want a say in this Roxanne... maybe I have feelings about it.... maybe, just maybe I don't want to be led around like that!"
    osbWzAj.png
    "Why of course I didn't sweetgears!... I can just pull your circuits if you don't agree or we can install a new module so you'll be perfectly fine with any change in the way I want to run our lives, remember?"
    DkH5fV0.png
    "Oh yeah... I forgot, whatever you say dear..."
    The new house! I downloaded it from the gallery as I always do since I can't build. It's made by withlovejulien and is called American Gothic 5 bed 50K
    Not only is the house gorgeous and nicely decorated. It's also really affordable for it's size. I plan on converting some of the rooms upstairs into hobby and other rooms. The artwork inside is really nice...but you'll see that in screenshots eventually.
    BydabXD.png
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    sassytxbratsassytxbrat Posts: 225 Member
    Mia Patina
    May 1
    Week 1, Sunday

2021-04-30-16_48_59-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1
    Emily loved her new house, it had taken her a long time to earn the simoleons to pay for it, but she had been able to purchase it outright and avoid the mortgage. It is definitely bigger than she will need for herself, and soon it will be just herself. Skye has already started talking about finding a place for her and Mia to move as soon as she has enough saved up. Skye and Mia haven’t moved out yet, so the house still feels full. She enjoys spending time in the kitchen, cooking and baking and even mixing drinks. There is something so satisfying about creating new meals and finding the best way to make them tasty. And even more important is having a refrigerator full of leftovers so that it is easy to feed Mia quickly when she gets hungry. Toddlers aren’t known for their patience, and even though Mia is a charmer, she is still a toddler.
    2021-04-30-16_46_59-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Skye has always wanted to be a celebrity, and becoming an actress seemed to be the best way to find fame and fortune. She had started off as an extra right after she graduated high school and Mia was born. Working in the background doesn’t pay well, but it was a start. Skye was one of the lucky ones and she was chosen to speak a line in one shoot. They liked her enough to offer her a commercial, and then another commercial. She feels comfortable saying that she is a Commercial Spokesperson now. Of course, she has an agency, Everyday Extras Talent Agency, and is generally able to stay busy. She needs to try to keep the jobs scheduled back to back so that she can save up enough to move out. It has been good to have support from Emily, but Mia is growing up and it is time for Skye to become “the adult”. Her goal is to have enough saved so that they can move out when it is time for Mia to begin school. Willow Creek is a great place, but Skye has been interested in moving to Oasis Springs for some time. Something about getting away from the winter snow appeals to Skye. Skye’s next audition is Monday morning for a gig on Tuesday. Today is all about getting settled into the new house and making sure Mia is adjusting well.
    2021-04-30-16_45_02-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Mia loves to play, and she loves to play with anyone that will play with her. She is excited when she figures out how to go up and down the stairs and now there isn’t anywhere in the house that is safe from her exploration. Skye spends some time teaching Mia how to use the potty, although Mia still gets more pee on the floor than in the potty. There is time before dinner for a quick story and a short nap.
    By the time Mia goes to bed, she has made a good start on learning what she needs to know as a toddler. Skye watches a movie before taking herself to bed. The house is quiet when Emily comes home at 2am. She had a good shift at work but it ready to find her new bed and call it a day.
    2021-04-30-17_21_34-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1
    ~Teresa~
    My Sims 4 Gallery // EA ID: TSmetana
  • Options
    IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited May 2021
    Day One (Monday for my Sims)
    05-01-21_6-50-23-pm.jpg
    Jaz had a miserable first day at school. The first thing she’d discovered is that there were more than one bathroom – and which one you chose was important. Which had led almost immediately to ridicule by her new peers.

“Why’d you go in the BOY’S ROOM!?” “HaHa, Jazmyn thinks she’s a BOY!”

Mortified for something she hadn’t known was wrong was horrifying, and Jazmyn spend the rest of the day trying to hide from everyone.

Coming home to the chaos of the Malone household.. was strangely, calming. Because in this house, it was easy to be alone, and forgotten.
    05-01-21_6-36-58-pm.jpg
    She skirted past one of the twins (she hadn’t looked close enough to find out which), and grabbed some fruit salad off the filthy counter. (Since she hadn’t really had lunch…) After eating quickly, Jaz headed outside for some precious alone time.
    05-01-21_6-41-42-pm.jpg
    Watching the clouds morosely, she finally started to feel more at peace again. Her usually calm demeanor returned, and she headed back inside.
    05-01-21_6-43-00-pm.jpg
    She walked past Myles and her mother working on his new school project. They were so busy they didn’t even notice her walk past – which was fine by her.
    05-01-21_6-43-26-pm.jpg
    Bennie was, of course, watching Sports instead of paying attention to the store downstairs. Jaz thought he had said there was a gig tonight, but apparently the winter games in Komorebi were more important. Jaz wasn’t about to remind him.

With everyone off doing.. something.. the bedroom was a haven of quiet. (So long as you ignored the sounds of the mice chewing the cheese off the end of the mouse trap in the hole in the wall…) She sat down, and began drawing. The clouds had inspired her, and, losing herself in her art, she managed to forget her horrific day.
    05-01-21_6-49-14-pm.jpg
    In the living room, all heck had broken loose. Phoenix was practicing for his music lessons (badly, as the case might be..), one twin was ripping up a book he’d found on the floor… and Bennie was yelling at the other twin. For what? Who knows. He was just yelling.
    05-01-21_6-51-30-pm.jpg
    In the bathroom, Benji was mourning a horrible day, as well. For his senior year of high school was supposed to be the king – and he had managed to say something really stupid to his crush. Getting his “queen” was seeming even more unlikely, when all she did was laugh at him and grab Cade’s arm, pressing her body against him as they walked away. By the time he’d finished crying his eyes out, he snuck back out of the bathroom, and immediately noticed a rank smell in the air. Frowning, he found a diaper, and went to locate the smell.
    05-01-21_6-54-32-pm.jpg
    Brett was still blithely talking to his dad, who was, not surprisingly, still nagging the toddler for who-knows-what.

Everyone had managed to find the fruit salad on the counter, since dinner didn’t seem to be happening tonight with the project still being worked on by Myles and Marnie. Everyone found their beds, with Bennie being uncharacteristically nice and helping the twins get all tucked in after putting yet another mouse trap in the wall.
    05-01-21_6-59-13-pm.jpg
    It wasn’t long before little Braydon had a nightmare, though.. (although the vampire randomly sneaking around the house throwing trash everywhere might have played a factor).. and he ended up going to wake up his parents.

Jaz rolled her eyes, flipped over in bed, and pulled the covers over her head. At least the other twin wasn’t awake.. yet.. and Braydon hadn’t decided to come in the kids’ room instead of their parents’.

I was sick all morning, so getting this done took ages and I wasn't able to concentrate enough until this evening. Fun. First day of a new challenge, and I get sick. Just my luck. I'm feeling better now, thankfully! .. And tomorrow is my day "off".. so I'm really looking forward to it.

@sassytxbrat Oh, Teresa, what a great start! I can't wait to see more! :heart:
  • Options
    @IllusoryThrall Oh Jazmin. She is going to be so happy when she can finally move out.

I enjoyed playing today, and it was nice to only worry about the one day. Then to close the file and move on.

And thanks to everyone that posted a quick recap. It is interesting to see how everyone else has been getting along. <3
    ~Teresa~
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,927 Member
    edited May 2021
    I will do the comments tomorrow :)

Melody Connors
    Day 29 April
    arHOKrO.png

And the blondie.. so far alive..

They only need to wait the last final terms before uni is over.. also in magic, they need to win 3 times.
    RHrOG5h.png
    Finally, good bye to the hug bug :)
    DIt3Xr4.png
    They were doing this all day..
    q8EA98A.png
    Looks like Morgyn has a new hobby.

N1tzaEy.png
    Melody: " I feel weird.. dad is here..I feel he is here.. "
    Gregg: "I am here, Pumpkin."

XGX4D9o.png
    Malcolm: " ARRRGGGHHHH..."
    Melody: "NOOOO!!!"

ei1plMY.png

eEeS4t0.png
    Melody: "Please dad , just please!!! "
    Gregg; "You know Pumpkin, I need more for a reason, it is not my job to choose."
    Melody: "DAD .. YOU took your job! Your choice! "
    Gregg : "I know that.. I got the 2 weeks trial, to take it or not, I was weak, they were too strong. BUT, I am sorry Pumpkin , will not obey . He is mine now."

arHOKrO.png

2prT670.png
    Melody: "We shall see!! I call some help!"
    Gregg: "Sorry Pumpkin, but there is nobody as powerful you can call for help."
    Melody: "Oh, don't be so sure.. I called for MOM!!! "

AVeIhpJ.png
    Melody: " I cannot believe this, even mom wont come."
    Veera: "I am here"

wWVvWij.png
    hX1UtDR.png
    Veera: " SO YOU!!! "
    Gregg: " EH???"

Vj47D7s.png
    Veera: "How dare you! If you ever want to woohoo again, bring back that boy!"
    Gregg: "You serious???"
    Veera: "Deathly."
    Gregg: "Okay back he is!"

S6gWUql.png
    Sakura was happily fishing at the background , while the drama happened :)

xuO27Z0.png
    Gregg: "Okay I bring the boy back.. woohoo is on??? Pretty please???"
    Veera: "Just do it."

HuA34Q8.png
    2zCdUCg.png
    AGx8upm.png

Malcolm.. aggghh I mean the Blonde dude is alive..

iZwyK2C.png
    Malcolm: " So mr death.. why did you brought me back?"
    Gregg: "because I was blackmailed by my wife! But actually, some acting advises?"

Ilu1AJh.png
    Malcolm: "OH! A lot, juts read here......................

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @LegacySims2017
    Okay, I'll post a link to your first post rather than your blog for now after I'm finished with comments. Let me know when you're ready for it to change to your blog. :)

Ah, so your challenge Sim, Jackson Rider is an orphaned teen. I guess I don't blame him for not wanting to be in foster care. Especially when he can live in paradise on his own. Sweet deal for a teen. He's a cutie too, reminds me a bit of Makoa Kealoha. But probably just the haircut. What is 'Hero' and 'Everyman?' I've never seen that as an earned, uh, trait? I'm guessing they must be from a Mod. Anyway, great start for Jackson. Can't wait to read more about him and see how he handles living off-the-grid. :)

@permanentrose
    Oh man, poor Jules and Hugo, what a mess for them. Greeted by a broken down, abandoned hotel was not the best welcome they could've received. Glad they found the info center and Wanda. The trailer is run down and horrible too, but at least it's something. Not many choices I would imagine last minute as you said. I think you're the first challenger I've seen use a bunkbed. I haven't tried those myself yet. Perhaps if Essa and Josh have twins I'll use one then. ;)

Of course Hugo comes back from talking to Erwin with one of the 'fancy' tin hats. HAHA! Great start for this month. :)

Yep, I'm guessing all cowplants are supposed to be females, but mine is a guy. Hey, if Sim guys can have babies, I can make Beast a guy too, even with the udders. ;) StrangerVille is stunning! I can't wait for Essa to start painting and taking photographs there. Yep, the mystery part will begin soon. Just need to get Josh in the military first and go from there.

I bet you did have fun renovating that trailer. I love the assets from all the packs you mentioned, makes it easy to decorate a grungy build eh? Great start for the month! :)

@Skeilah
    Very nice house for Johnny and Jess. Great job incorporating some of the aspiration goals into Bryon's introduction to the town. So sad seeing him standing in front of those empty bassinets. :( Good luck Bryon, I hope you and Naoki get your babies back soon.

@Ellupelluellu
    It was a well spent 6 hours, looks great from the outside, can't wait to see the inside! :)

Whoa! What a fantastic post! I'm sorry, I literally laughed out loud when Malcom died and ended up lying under the cauldron in the burning crystals! :D Too funny! Not that he died, but where he died, of course. Interesting how Melody can feel when her Dad is near. The look on her face when he wouldn't resurrect him and she calls Mom. Love it! Then the look on Gregg's face when Veera threatens to withhold woo hoo if he doesn't bring him back. HAHA! OMG! Hilarious!

Of course he conceded after that. No guy I know of would ever want to go without woo hoo! hehe Powerful looking screenshot with Gregg's outstretched arms when he brings the blond Dude back to life. Oh man, nice excuse Gregg, just brought him back for acting advice. Uh huh, sure. But I guess he was just trying to save face or something. What a fun post! Love it! <3

@Hermitgirl
    HAHA! Oh I love it! Rubanoid gets annoyed over not being asked about the move and Roxanne retaliates with a reminder that she 'controls' him. Nice try Bolt King! Love the nicknames she has for him! :D Wow! withlovejulian is such a great builder eh? That house is gorgeous! Only 50K? That's amazing considering it's size. Have fun renovating it for Roxanne and Sweetgears! ;)

@sassytxbrat
    Great first post! Love having more background on all of them. Mia is so cute! Good luck to Skye saving enough simoleans to move out with Mia. So nice that she has Emily for support and a place to live for now though. Looking forward to reading more! :)

@IllusoryThrall
    Good Lord! I don't even know where to begin there was so much going on when Jaz got home from school. Living like that would drive me bonkers! I'm glad, but sad too that Jaz is used to it though. At least there she's somewhat invisible and can just be herself. Not like at school where everything is so different and strange to her. It must be like going to Mars after living on Earth your entire life. Or something like that. :D Great first post!
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    May 2
    ALUUXM2.png

Bryons Diary
    MWSyoOZ.png
    I got back to Johnny’s place the next day to tell him about my plan...

i146344.png
    But Jess was the only one home. She invited me in.

MOvkJiM.png
    (Jess) “I’m sorry. Johnny went to work already. What about you? The company you’re working for is located in Strangerville, right?”
    (Bryon) “Oops. I forgot to call my company... Maybe I should do that.”

VOAkPpE.png
    Jess made her way to the kitchen, so I followed.

LkEJwLj.png
    (Jess) “How is Naoki? He's been transferred to the lab here in Strangerville, right? Is he holding it together with... Everything that's happened?"
    (Bryon) “He's... Managing. Although he's been trying to hide how broken he is, I know him better than anyone else... It's difficult.'
    (Jess) “I get that... But no worries. I'm sure that you'll get Audrey and Alex back soon."
    (Bryon) “Hm... Is it okay for you if I call my company real quick?”
    (Jess) “Sure! You can make your call here! I’m just going to prepare lunch. Wanna eat here?”
    (Bryon) “Oh, thank you!”

Bbwd1vQ.png
    I called my company and told them that I’m in Strangerville.

ymwCgTt.png
    (Guy) “Oh, that’s actually perfect!! We’ve been dealing with defect computers back at the laboratorium. Would you care to take a look at those?”
    (Bryon) “Like, right now?”
    (Guy) “I was thinking tomorrow, but... Today would be even better! Can you? You have a badge from the company, right?”
    (Bryon) “Yes, I have.”
    (Guy) “Good, or else they wouldn’t let you through. I’ll call the lab right now and tell them you’ll come over to fix the computers. Thank you!!!”

ot9LG8v.png
    The guy disconnected the call.

(Jess) “That sounded like good news.”
    (Bryon) “Looks like I won’t need Johnny right now. The company asked me to fix the computers in the lab.”

nz6kcnf.png
    (Jess) “Whoa, awesome! Do you still have time for lunch though?”
    (Bryon) “Of course I do.”

lK8WnOq.png
    After lunch, I went home to put on other clothes (since it was so warm) and then off to the lab. I immediately noticed one of the computers.

(Bryon) “They told me there were 4 computers in here... Let’s search the rest.”

ALUUXM2.png
    But then I bumped into a door.

(Bryon, in himself) “Whoa. I wonder what's down there..."

HbGCikz.png
    oFvPcfZ.png

jQSnSKw.png
    (Jaquan) “Hey, what are you doing here?”

r7GWoy0.png
    (Bryon) “Excuse me. I just thought this was... An interesting door.”
    (Jaquan) “Who are you? What are you doing here?”
    (Bryon) “I work as a computer engineer for Strangerville Engine. Bryon Ellison.”
    (Jaquan) “Ah, right. They told me you would come over. I’m Jaquan Kilgore, scientist. The computers are right there. I have to ask you to stay away from this door. Only verified members like scientists and the military have access to it.”

b4fKjSp.png
    (Bryon) “I’m sorry. I’ll be going then.”
    (Jaquan) “Have a nice day. I hope you can fix the computers.”
    (Bryon) “You too.”

As I walked away, I saw that the scientist went through the door.

hzlUp1R.png
    (Bryon) “Oof, that was close. Better be careful.”

qKwRlma.png
    I started fixing the first computer, and when it worked again, I found something interesting in one of the documents.

(Bryon, in himself) “Whoa.. Does Johnny know about this??? Wait, is there more??”

7ENPcIQ.png
    And that brought me to an idea. Making sure nobody saw me, I gathered a lot of stuff to take home with me.

av8QBSi.png
    Not only stuff from the computers, but from everywhere. Maybe this is wrong of me, but I don’t really care right now. I want my babies back.

xB6RyKq.png
    As I’m hacking into the last computer, I recognize a voice.

(Naoki) “Wow, that looks difficult. How’s everything coming along with repairing the computers?”
    (Bryon) “Naoki?”

PirSpyM.png
    (Naoki) “Hi! I’m working downstairs! Jaquan told me that you were here. I’m done with work, what about you?”
    (Bryon) “I’m almost done here. Give me a second....”

084Z8N3.png
    (Bryon) “Done! I’m ready to come home with you.”
    (Naoki) “Yay!”

XYBNuUM.png
    (I got this message already because I used Jaquan to go through the sealed door😬 no worries, Bryon isn’t there yet in the aspiration, but I guess I’ll have to embrace the cloudy sky now)

D5UmQMM.png
    (Bryon) “What’s wrong with the air...?”
    (Naoki) “I... Don’t... Know...”

8thy2bn.png
    (Bryon) “This is getting weirder and weirder. Let’s go home. I have to tell you something.”
    (Naoki) “Eh, what?”
    (Bryon) “I’ll say it when we get home.”

tM2Eg8W.png
    And this is where we are now! I'm literally flying through it, but lol I just want the babies backkkkk.

Behind the scenes
    AKYoFqx.png
    (Jaquan) “Hey, Naoki. What was your boyfriends name again?”
    (Naoki) “Bryon! Why?”
    (Jaquan) “I thought so. He’s upstairs right now. His company send him here to fix the computers.”

9yYDX9J.png
    (Naoki) “Really?! How nice!!! I can walk home with him today!”
    (Jaquan) “You sure can! I’m going home early today. Can you handle it?”
    (Naoki) “Sure!”

W6aH54n.png
    (Naoki) “Hey, Jaquan?”
    (Jaquan) “Yes?”

HQGjAkN.png
    (Naoki) “I’m so happy that you transferred here with me! I mean, you helped me a lot with the pregnancy tips back at work, and now you’re helping me going through my loss... Thank you. You’re a good friend.”
    (Jaquan) “No problem at all, Naoki. Take care!”

EKEnaZD.png
    (Jaquan, in himself) “What a mess... Why are both of them here...? Are they really trying to get those babies back?”

LRAjfFd.png
    (Jaquan, in himself) “Don’t worry, Jaquan. Naoki is so clueless that he'll never question what's behind the smoke. Therefor he's loyal, he'll never give his keycard away to someone unverified. Also, there’s no way they’ll ever find a functional Hazmat suit. It’s safe.”

R4yOkyL.png
    (Jaquan, in himself) “But I’ll have to report Anas. He has to release the toxic air immediately. If we can get them possessed, they can’t do anything.”
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    @Karababy52 - Love the styling of the cowplant skeleton in the garden, and the finished house really looks gorgeous. All of the photos displayed on the walls are beautiful. Love Josh's office...haha...set up for Strangerville with the listening device. lol Great work :)

@permanentrose - Love that shot of the boarded up building and Jules and Hugo walking about the town. That trailer that Jules and Hugo are staying at is in great need of repair to say the least, and then I see the lot traits that you added. Nothing like making your sims suffer! lol However, it is a place to stay, and if they didn't have that trailer, they would be sleeping on a park bench somewhere. I am sure that Jules and Hugo will do their best to clean it up. Wonderful start to Strangerville. Love how Hugo bought those "hats" for them to protect them. lol

@Hermitgirl - Love the grad photo shot! Yeah! Congrats to Roxanne for having passed uni. And then the job interview. lol Love the photo of her face. Intrigue? Mystery? The Unknown? Oh yeah, count Roxanne in! lol

Funny how when Roxanne comes home from work, Rubanoid scans her. lol Never mind asking how her day was...he just scans her and knows what really happened. It's funny about how Rubanoid gets offended for not having been asked if he wanted to move to Strangerville. and then Roxanne reminds him she could pull his circuits (umm...yah...funny pic of where Roxanne is pointing), and then, of course, Rubanoid agrees that whatever Roxanne thinks is best. lol House is gorgeous, can't wait to see the inside. Roxanne looks so sophisticated with her new hairstyle.

@Skeilah - What a heartbreaking chapter for Naoki and Bryon as their babies disappear. And then Anas reveals himself and tells Bryon that this was all a deliberate plan for breaking his heart. Oh, poor Naoki is heartbroken. I mean they both are. But thank goodness Johnny is there and thinks he knows where the aliens took the babies...and it just happens to be a secret lab in Strangerville. Nice tie-in for the next world. But so, so sad for Naoki and Bryon. *hugs*

Well Johnny's house is certainly better than what Jules ended up in. lol And it's convenient that Bryon and Naoki are neighbors. Bryon, of course, goes out to investigate all the strange behavior and meets some interesting sims. The very last photo is so sad of Bryon looking at the empty bassinettes and missing the alien babies. That was really sad.

What luck that Bryon was sent by his company to repair the computers in the lab, and then when he did...he found some info. And Naoki has been transferred to the Strangerville lab, but then so has Jaquan - alien spy. Not good because I think that Jaquan is going to make things bad for them. And, oh, what an ominous sky photo. I have never played the Strangerville mystery myself, but that doesn't look good and now they are going to release toxins in the air. Oh gosh, don't breath in that air Bryon and Naoki. Geez...

@Ellupelluellu - Love the "trailer" that you did for Strangerville. Looks so good. And, of course, there is Melody's garden. A nice bit of green in the desert setting.

Oh no - what happened to Malcolm for him to die? Ugh! This is my worst fear for Wolfgang, that he will die on that robot making machine and Sakura won't be there to save him. *sob* Malcolm....no....! But I love that Melody calls someone who is as strong as her father...lol...she called her Mom! hehehe Got a laugh out of that one. And what a threat - no more woohoo if Melody's Dad doesn't bring back Malcolm...oh yah...that worked! hehehe And her father gave Malcolm some acting advice! lol I love it how Sakura is just fishing away without a care in the world, while her poor friend Melody is going through such drama only a few feet away. Gotta love the sims! :) Glad that Malcolm is alive and well.

@sassytxbrat - Love the intros for the family and Mia is indeed a Charmer and super cute. It looks like she is going to have a lot of support around her in her toddler years.

And we get a further peek into the lives of the Patina family. Nice that Mia has a caring, loving grandmother who can cook and understands the needs of a toddler. And Mia's Mom, Skye is thinking about moving out soon to be on her own. That's a tough decision, especially for the support that she is getting at home. But, there comes a time when you have to start a new life, and it looks like Skye has some plans for the future. Nice :)

@IllusoryThrall - Love Jazmyn's story. She definitely seems to be the forgotten child. Loved all the clothing choices you gave her. Feel really sad for her going through all this inner turmoil while the rest of the family doesn't have time for her. But I have hope for her :) Love the reno you did for her home. Nice :)

Poor Jazmyn, that family life is chaos! And of course Marnie would help Myles with his project...the favored son. Teenage angst, toddler chaos, and a father who yells and doesn't care...ugh...no wonder Jazmyn is a loner. Thank goodness Jazmyn has an outlet in art to keep her centered. And a vampire throwing trash...didn't see the vampire...but...oh gosh...more drama...lol Sorry to hear that you were ill, and hope you are feeling better today. :)

I think I am all caught up now :)
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Update 121 - On the hunt for answers

lv95fI4.png?1

Notes:
    The next morning, Jules woke early to go for a jog.

She noticed several plants that looked off even amongst the unique desert foliage. She wondered what kind of plants they were - she was a rather skilled gardener, and she never seen anything like them before.
    1GWpeQI.png

After she finished her jog, she passed by the shop where Hugo had purchased his hat and the books. She asked Erwin about his inventory, wondering if he might have anything else even remotely useful. Most of the items seemed useless, though she noticed a few bugs like the one she had planted on Jacques for her mission with Bex, and decided to purchase a few just in case they would come in handy.
    zX6kuoG.png

Meanwhile, Hugo woke up a bit later in the morning, and found himself staring in fascination at this strange painting...
    qpGgTUE.jpg

And the Welcome Wagon decided to choose this moment to arrive...
    OpOr1ON.png

Hugo stumbled out to the porch, still in his pajamas, clearly unsure of how to handle this unexpected chaos...
    Prf46yz.jpg

Jules came home from her jog just then, taking in the disaster in front of her. "Hugo, what the frick is even happening?"
    8GpOyNg.jpg

"Um, well...I'm not actually sure," Hugo admitted, "Though they did bring us a fruitcake."

Luckily, all of their strange vistors wandered off the lot shortly after that.

"Yeah, we're getting rid of this..." Jules muttered, dumping the fruitcake immediately. She wasn't sure how safe it would be to accept food from infected individuals, not to mention that fruitcake was undeniably the worst, regardless.
    92ra9uS.jpg

They both got dressed after that - and Jules convinced Hugo to leave his hat at home.
    P5qxjkK.png

As soon as they stepped into the library, Jules saw a familiar face - Chloe Tanaka, former leader of her high school club, the Curiosity Club.
    P3LpCRI.png

"Chloe! It's so good to see you. What are you doing here?"
    VEDNLIk.png

Chloe explained that she was part of a team of scientists that had been brought in to examine the new plants cropping up in the area. "They're fascinating specimens," she said excitedly. "But keep your distance. The spores seem to be affecting some people negatively. Thank goodness they aren't airborne and only seem to affect those who handle the plants directly," Chloe told her. "But anyway, what are you doing here in Strangerville?"
    ikPCUZe.png

Jules explained briefly how Bex had visited and come back infected, and now Jules was here in hopes of finding some answers.
    E8oqCw0.png

"My team and I have begun to work on an antidote," Chloe explained. "Though it had been rather difficult accomplishing much here - the military personnel have limited our access to the lab, and they've closed off most of the areas and restricted us from entering. It's almost like they're hiding something, though they claim that they're here to help protect the citizens of this town...it's all very strange, if you ask me," Chloe concluded. "Anyway, I was just on my lunch break, but I need to head back. Be careful out there," Chloe warned. "I have a feeling things are going to get worse before they get better, and I don't want you to get caught up in this mess..."

Jules thanked her, and then spotted Hugo talking to yet another conspiracy theorist...
    KN6mZGC.png

"We have to go to the lab," Jules decided as they walked back home, ignoring Chloe's warning. "I think that will be the best place to start finding some answers."

For the rest of the afternoon, Jules began to formulate a plan, knowing that gaining access to the lab might not be easy. As night fell, they both dressed in dark clothing and headed out into the desert, making their way toward the vast crater that contained the laboratory....
    wuu2VYL.jpg

To be continued tomorrow.... :)
    Post edited by permanentrose on
  • Options
    So many updates already today. My updates are scheduled to post on my blog every day at 1pm, so I will be posting my updates here in the evening.

I am reading all of the updates, but I am not that good at commenting. But I will work on that ;)

@permanentrose I love Jules hair. Is that CC or EA?

@Ellupelluellu Melody is gorgeous. I love her look.

~Teresa~
  • Options
    @SoulGal7 Haha, sorry, right as you said you were all caught up, we posted at the same time :D

@Skeilah
    What an excellent idea to have Bryon had to go and fix the computers, it gives him a reason to easily snoop around. You really have a great set up this month to easily get the aspiration milestones to fit seamlessly into your story...and then you accidentally release the clouds of doom, but that's okay, it will only add to the urgency of the situation and ambiance of your screens. Nice behind the scenes stuff too. These aliens are relentless...

@Ellupelluellu
    THE BLONDE DUDE NO!!!!! I was worried there for a minute about if he was actually gonna be gone. But then Veera came by to save the day and had the greatest line ever :D
    Veera: "How dare you! If you ever want to woohoo again, bring back that boy!"
    LOL WAY TO GO VEERA :joy: She's knows he's weak spot haha

And so the blonde dude lives to see another day. Thanks for sparing your Pumpkin's BF, Daddy Death :)

@IllusoryThrall
    Great first post with Jaz. You really set the tone for how life in that crazy house is on a daily basis, and then poor Jaz, already starting to feel different on her first day of school...what a journey she has ahead of her. Great use of the vampire and city living stuff to make their house feel like it's falling apart. I just used a lot of the same things myself for Jules' house this month haha.

@sassytxbrat
    Great first post as we delve more into Mia's life - and right now, the lives of those who are raising her. Mia is just so cute too, I love those puffy pigtails <3 Jules' daughter has the charmer trait as well, I think that might be my favorite toddler trait :)

And Jules' main hair is CC (the ponytail from the first part of my post today is from the DU pack). You can find her CC hair here if you're curious :)

@Hermitgirl
    Lol, love Roxanne's real talk with her husband. She's basically like, I'll see you for parts if you give me issues, I call the shots in this marriage :D Excited to see her house too - you always find such gorgeous gallery builds!

@Karababy52
    Thanks for comments on my story and my reno! I'm loving this month so much already. Strangerville is a fun pack to explore nice and slowly and really appreciate all the details.

Looking forward to see what Josh and Essa are up to when you start off your gameplay for your update today!
  • Options
    @sassytxbrat no problem about the commenting. I almost never comment. I did it in the beginning but it made me so exhausted to try and keep up with it that I decided to just follow along and comment on little things if I feel like it.

I really do appreciate comments and I tried to give that back, but I was really losing myself there and that’s not really motivating.
  • Options
    Skeilah wrote: »
    @sassytxbrat no problem about the commenting. I almost never comment. I did it in the beginning but it made me so exhausted to try and keep up with it that I decided to just follow along and comment on little things if I feel like it.

I really do appreciate comments and I tried to give that back, but I was really losing myself there and that’s not really motivating.

That really describes it so well. I love reading and I know it means so much to get comments, but I end up having to schedule time to make the comments and then it is hard to think of of what to say. Then I feel bad if I miss someone or miss a post, so I end up only commenting sometimes and not stressing over it.

And thanks for the link. I rarely use any CC but always looking for good hair.
    ~Teresa~
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Wow. I received my first COVID-19 vaccine shot on Friday evening. Yesterday, side effects for me kicked in. felt like I had the flu on top of being punched in the arm (that had the shot) over and over. Doing much better this morning.

@Ellupelluellu
    Jackson is enjoying the beach life. At least on his first day.

@permanentrose
    I like to start with male sims all the time. Guess that's cause I'm a male. :grimace: I can relate more that way.

@SoulGal7
    I like Sulani, too. I haven't completely explored it yet. Hoping to in Plain ol' Legacy. Perhaps in this one as well, but not as much.

@Karababy52
    It truly is a sweet deal for a teen to live where it's all beaches and oceans. Things are just getting started for Jackson, though. I don't want to spoil future chapters. :grimace: Already played 5 days worth of postings.

@SoulGal7 / @permanentrose / @Karababy52
    Yes, Hero and Everyman are Impression Traits from a Mod. They are Personality Archetypes. I understand how Jackson got the Everyman, but not sure about Hero. Here's a link to all Impressions: https://wonderfulwhims.com/impressions

HERO
    Hero Sims are eager to demonstrate the courage to prove their worth and confidence. Subsequently, they might end up appearing arrogant by looking for faults in others to feel good about themselves or pick fights. Sims that are sure of themselves and always ready to fight will most likely end up being a Hero.

EVERYMAN
    Everyman Sims just want to belong and feel like a part of something. They lack any distinctive identity and rarely stand out. Sims that do not fit into any specific Personality Archetype end up being just an Everyman. This occurs when Sim has no personality defining traits or has conflicting personality traits. Sims personality can change with new traits they gain throughout their life, but that’s a fairly rare occurrence.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options
    @LegacySims2017 Glad you are feeling better. I went down for 48 hours on the first shot and then again on the second one.
    ~Teresa~
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    @LegacySims2017 Glad you are feeling better. I went down for 48 hours on the first shot and then again on the second one.

Not looking forward to the second one. May 21st is the day. Arm is still really sore and the flu like symptoms are gone.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top