Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    April - Day 29: Half Bath & Fancy Bedroom

YFktugT.png

Notes
    Wilcz24.png
    First off, the only reason I'm showing this screenshot is for the new stairs configuration. I changed the decorations quite a bit because after staring at these rooms, I realized there was way too much yellow. Went a little crazy though. I don't know what I was thinking using that rug, it's gone. The blinds are gone, the yellow stairs are now white, different plants on the table, etc. The entrance is different now too.

HpoIUVa.png
    Here's their lovely half bath+! I say plus, because I snuck a shower in there. I know they don't need a bathroom downstairs, but dangit, I wanted one! :D Once I get an idea in my head it's hard to let go of it. Determination, thy name is Karen. ;) I also changed up the kitchen decorations as well. The downstairs still needs a few tweaks so I elected not to show how it's changed yet.

That took a lot of time to do, but what took even more time and focus was their new big fancy bedroom!

WG3wLK9.png
    Camera bounced a lot when trying to take screenshots up here so that's why they're situated so high. Anyway, this is the biggest, fanciest bedroom Essa (and Josh) have ever had! They have the simoleans so why not give them something extra nice. No walk-in closet or anything though, didn't go that crazy. :D

The sunflower painting is just a placeholder. I liked how the colors went with the room so threw it up there for now. Might keep it, but as I've said before, Essa & Josh's photographs and paintings will be the main wall decorations. I've renovated this once before from lilsimsie's design and did keep a few things from that renovation; the wallpaper, flooring, those two chairs and the curtains. Everything else is different.

rrYXTae.png
    I love how there was the perfect spot for a mirror right there. The computer, kitty statue and crystal ball behind the computer will be replaced with their own.

yeDSxTN.png
    Absolutely adore this sitting area, it looks so cozy.

lu9I3uz.png
    Just another angle. The tall dresser is Josh's and the smaller one with the mirror on the other side of the bed is Essa's. The following is just some overhead view screenshots showing each side of the room.

LX6vPE0.png
    SbJC8Ko.png
    3L66bje.png
    ZKPvDBr.png

SMxQzXC.png
    Finally, here's what the entire second floor looks like at the moment. The stairs are white now as I said before. I still need to work on the bathroom and figure out what rooms will go in that big open area. I also need to complete the tweaks on the first floor, finish renovating the landscaping and figure out what will go in the backyard. I'm thinking perhaps either a pool/BBQ area or a greenhouse.

Obviously I still have a lot to do, but it's getting there. Tonight I'll finish up the first floor, design the upstairs bathroom and at least draw walls for the second floor blank area.

I'll start working on comments next! I hope I'm not boring all of you with only posting my renovation screenshots and I hope, too, that y'all had a fabulous day/night! <3
  • Options
    IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    @Karababy52 I'm a builder, not just a challenge player, so I love building pics.

Anyway, I need to get back to taking screenshots for Jaz's post.. be back soon with a new post!
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    @Karababy52 Are cheating traits allowed? :grimace: I'd like to add a trait or two each month corresponding with the Aspiration. If it's not intended to work that way, I can skip it. People learn new traits all the time, so that's why I wanted to ask. Get your opinion.

Also, I see you're ending with Sulani as a type of retirement. I'm thinking of starting in Sulani as a "I'm a teen, I should get to relax!" type of feel. Not sure which World to end with yet. WIP as you say. :tongue:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options
    SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    @LegacySims2017 - I don't think you should cheat any traits. That's the whole point of the challenge, to work towards an aspiration and so you have to work on traits. Just my thoughts.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @Hermitgirl
    Congrats to Roxanne for graduating the an A+ GPA! Yay! \o/ Tsk, what a weird way to say she's now off the soccer team because she graduated; 'kicked off' 'bad news.' Sims Logic at work I guess. :D I have never seen that pop-up call before or even read about it anywhere. Pretty cool though! Hilarious response from her with Roxanne's answer. Some of the Devs have a great sense of humor eh? :D

@IllusoryThrall
    Oh dear, Braydon and Bret seem like the worst of the bunch, well, except for their Dad. I'm guessing they'll continue to be little terrors when they grow up as well since nobody does anything to try to keep them in line. At least Marnie tried to teach them some skills. I am so, so surprised Marnie isn't sitting in a rubber room by now. :D Excited to finally meet Jazmyn tomorrow!

Thanks for letting me know you don't mind seeing build screenshots! :)

@Skeilah
    Thank you for the background info. on Patrick! So nice that Randi could be with him to help out when his Father and then Mother died. So sad, how it happens that way in real life sometimes with couples who have been together for so many years. My FIL passed not long after my MIL did too. Glad that Elsa and Kristine are getting along so well and very cool how you have the ghosts of his parents side-by-side out front in a happy mood for the loved ones they left behind. :)

@permanentrose
    Man, I just love the possessed trait! It's so comical and creepy! Bummer Bex got possessed though, but nice segue for Jules to go to Strangerville! Don't worry you did a great job setting this up for the mystery! :)

Thank you! I've changed up the downstairs quite a bit though to get rid of some of the yellow, it was just too much! "My eyes, my eyes!" As Phoebe from Friends would say. :D I know they don't need a half bath downstairs, I just wanted one. ;)

Thanks for showing me the Victorian you're working on for Jules, it's beautiful! I love how you've used those roof pieces for fencing. I never would've thought of doing that, but I know you enjoy using unexpected objects for fencing and such. Great job on that. Can't wait to see what the inside looks like once you're finished. :) Glad I could inspire you, well, it was lilsimsie actually and the style of houses in the neighborhood.

Ah, makes sense when you want to go for realism in your game. I said before I'd never adopted in the game, but I remembered that I actually did once. I didn't play with the family though, only long enough to take screenshots. They were made for a round of the Build N'Share challenge.

We were tasked with renovating one of the base game premade houses in Oasis Springs and make a particular family to live there; Father, teen, child Sons and a newborn daughter. The Mother had run off and left the family after the baby was born. Instead of taking the time to make them woo hoo, wait for the baby to be born and kick the Mom out, I just never bothered to make the Mom and had the Father adopt a baby. :D

@Ellupelluellu
    So weird, but funny in this incidence how that happens with celebrity couples and their families. "Hey, can I get your autograph Mom?" "Nope, sorry Honey, now go do your homework!" :D Thanks about the renovations, it's getting there. I agree about Seth, he's adorable. :)

Day 26 - I agree, Malcom's version is MUCH better. Especially since it's in color and most likely a paint by reference instead of a figure painting. :) Aha! I knew Essa would still be a ghost vendor too. hehe Have I told you before how much I love your Sages? :)

Day 27 - Absolutely love their house and gardens, so beautiful! Which pack is that hanging lantern from? I'm guessing Batuu since I've never seen it before and I haven't checked out much with the pack yet. Nice photo display!

Day 28 - Darn! Hopefully they both win against the Sages soon! For Essa, L. was the hardest one to beat. Seems as if her Dad was the easiest followed by Morgyn. I hope they do beat them soon, the Sages give the best artifacts when they lose if you duel for artifacts. :)

So, so funny how you kept calling Malcom that blond Dude until the last day. LOL

@lilypadmeulin
    Very nice update for Morgan! I love how everyone seems to be focusing a little on the extra characters in their challenge to give them a background or closure. Morgan is so pretty! I always keep her in my saves. I don't like Siobhan though, she usually ends up in file 13. LOL Interesting how her husband's best friend, Grace, wasn't at their wedding. I wonder if she secretly is in love with him perhaps and couldn't face seeing him marry someone else? Hmmm... Love how you have Wolfgang as somewhat of a good guy in your game too and that Morgan has a crush on him. He really is a cutie! I never thought so before, but SoulGal7 made me see the error of my ways. :) Great update!

@SoulGal7
    I love that rack as well and try to use it whenever the colors fit the build. The one for the bathroom too. Thanks about the dining room, it looks quite a bit different now though. It was as you say 'bright.' TOO bright in my opinion, so I changed it. :) I did a build for a round of the One Room One Theme One Week challenge once where we were tasked with making a room using only one color. I chose yellow. I named the room 'Surface of the Sun' because it was so bright! The yellow in my build wasn't quite that bright to me, but close. :D

@LegacySims2017
    I'm personally not cheating traits, Essa has the same ones she's had from the beginning, except for the one I added for her when she aged up to a YA. But, you can play this challenge however is the most fun for you! I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm not the challenge police. The rules are more like guidelines and flexible. You can start in any world you want, quite a few challengers didn't start with SE or are not ending in Sulani either. Not everyone has all the packs either, so we work with what we have. Just have fun, that's the main goal besides posting at least one screenshot a day, if you can. :)
  • Options
    Meet Jazmyn, the star of my challenge
    04-29-21_8-49-03-pm.jpg
    Before I introduce Jazmyn, I must explain why Marnie continued to SAY she was taking birth control, but only pretend to take the pills. Partially, she was hoping for a sweet little girl to spoil, and partially, she was just looking for love. With the constant arguing and negativity in the house, it was easy for her to end up feeling unloved. Even though Myles clearly worshipped the ground she walked on, the hate she felt coming from the other children and her husband left her reaching for something more. Always something more. And so… Jazmyn entered the world.
    04-29-21_8-50-17-pm.jpg
    Jazmyn Malone: Born a girl in a family that didn’t know how to handle girls, little “Jaz” (as she was often called) was, more often than not, just treated like one of the boys. Marnie couldn’t afford the pretty little dresses she had originally wanted to dress Jaz in, so Jaz usually ended up in the same old hand me down thrift clothes as the boys wore. Marnie longed to make Jaz into a little princess, but – to be frank – she didn’t have the time or the energy by the time Jaz was born.
    04-29-21_8-52-30-pm.jpg
    So, Jaz was raised basically as one of the boys. It had never occurred to Jaz to mind, either, because being able to play freely in the mud and filth of the Malone household was high on Jaz’s list of priorities. Jaz had no intention of being any different, because being different seemed to mean being treated differently – and that was not a safe thing in the Malone household. In fact, Jaz had become the forgotten child in the family after the twins arrived. Marnie had her hands full, so making Jaz a pretty princess was literally the farthest thing from her mind. As for the rest of the family, they all had their own beefs with others in the family, and a quiet loner doesn’t make a big target, so they just left her alone.
    04-29-21_8-51-38-pm.jpg
    It wasn’t until Jaz went to school for the first time that it ever came to Jaz’s attention that she WAS any different from the boys. Suddenly, which bathroom she were supposed to go to mattered, and the fact that Jaz didn’t know anything about being a girl became a problem. Life for Jaz had changed forever, and she was going to need to figure out how to handle it. The other children at school quickly pointed out that she was different, and being the invisible kid was no longer possible. Jaz was now the butt of the joke for the entire school – and her brothers weren’t even a little bit inclined to save her.
    04-29-21_8-54-12-pm.jpg
    Which brings us to today. Jaz has been thrown into an inner crisis with nobody around to help her. Especially now that the twins are toddlers. There never was enough of Marnie to go around – but now there’s even less. So… approaching her mother for help was out of the question. And the over-worked elementary school teachers weren’t any more approachable. So, what’s next for Jaz? We’ll have to find out!
    04-29-21_8-54-29-pm.jpg
    04-22-21_6-45-47-pm.jpg
    jazmyn.jpg
    (Stay tuned, tomorrow I’ll show off some home and world pictures!)
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    @Skeilah
    Oh man, what a sad little back story for Patrick, but it also shows what a good family he came from. His family always took care of each other, and I think he will carry that same attitude over when caring for Randi and Kristine. I teared up a bit when the ghost of his parents were watching over them too <3

@SoulGal7
    Lovely set up with the tour of Foxbury. I do love how different both campuses are - it's fun to explore both. And Wolfgang is definitely growing and maturing so much in your story - I like how you added the detail about him quitting the Renegades. I still chuckle a little when I remember that Jules was in that club for a brief time.
    Wolfgang looked closely at Sakura, "Maybe one day we'll be on the same team together. I can only imagine all the great things we could do...if we were..."
    AHHHH what a good line. I hope this is foreshadowing. I just really want these two to end up together :)

Wolfgang is also so cute getting excited over the the robotics work station :) And that music therapy program is a cool idea for Sakura too!

I wonder why they don't make a little kitchen in the common areas in dorms (I mean, I guess you could add one using free build mode). All my dorms in college had a little kitchen common area, with at least a microwave, though many of them had a stove as well. Instead in the sims, your NPC roommates just emerge from the bathroom holding plates of food and leaving them everywhere. So weird lol.

Also laughing at dazed Essa :D And oh my goodness, Wolfgang was about to confess his feelings and then Sakura had to go ruin it...I love this slowburn romance though.

@IllusoryThrall
    Cool, thanks for explaining your reasoning behind playing a non-binary character! I think it's a lot of fun to play sims a bit differently than our usual default mode, whatever that may be. I know a lot of people default to playing hetero sims, but I tend to play almost exclusively lesbian sims, so sometimes I have to encourage myself to actually play hetero sims HAHA. So exciting to meet Jaz today! I like the haircut you chose for Jaz too - it's very gender neutral, which is going to be fitting :) So sad that there's no one around to help Jaz with her crisis though, I'm curious to see her work through her feelings and gender identity though!

@Ellupelluellu
    Lovely screenshots of Melody...and that blonde dude who always tags along ;) How close are they to finishing each aspiration?

@LegacySims2017
    Do you mean that you just want to cheat to change their traits each month so that it fits the aspiration? Personally, I don't see a problem with any kind of cheating, lol, I tend to use a lot of mods and do a fair amount of cheating to achieve what I want to for certain aspects of my game. As far as this challenge goes though, I am not cheating any aspiration milestones or skills, but I wouldn't see a problem with changing traits. With enough aspiration points anyway, you can buy a re-traiting potion, so it's possible for sims to change traits without cheating anyway.

@Karababy52
    The possessed sims are really entertaining. Definitely a tiny bit creepy, but ultimately just pretty funny. And thanks - I definitely wanted to tie Strangerville into the Bex plot, so this is my best attempt. It seemed like a good way to get her there, and Emmett is there as well, so I'm looking forward to that. I figured out how to use MCCC to assign the NPC traits of scientist and military personnel to sims, so I'm hoping that Emmett can actually be the person who helps her out with some of these aspiration milestones.

I'm loving the house I'm building a lot - I actually spent a lot of time on it today, and I posted a few pics here in the screenshot threat. I'll probably still end up changing some things, but I basically bought the Country Kitchen Kit just for this build, haha. I'm getting ahead of myself though since this build probably won't even show up in my gameplay until at least halfway through May, though I'm really not sure how to pace the mystery just yet, maybe I'll be done in like 3 days, who knows LOL.

Speaking of building, yours is looking great! I love building as much as I love gameplay (sometimes even more!) so I always love seeing build photos. Just as exciting and interesting to me as gameplay content :) And seeing your screenshots has really put me in the building mood too. I see you squeeze your downstairs bathroom in there too, good job! The color scheme is really lovely, and I like the decor as well. I'm excited to see this build in the background of your screenshots this month!

• Options
    @permanentrose - Thank you for quoting that line in my story. I thought it was a pretty mushy, romantic line myself that Wolfgang says.
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    I decided not to mess with the traits. I have finished Day 1 and 2, but will not post Day 1 until tomorrow, May 1st. Basically the first day will be a little background information for my Sim. Kind of like a backstory and then introduce the first World (which I already spoiled in a previous post of mine on here) and the Aspiration that goes with it.
    (If you're following my WordPress site, you may see it there as well. I still need to create a cover page for it, so it's going to look out of place for now.)
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    Update 119 - Formulating a plan

KCcgrlg.jpg

Notes:
    Bex had not made a recovery by morning. In fact, she seemed worse...
    hK22Uqv.jpg

So Dell and Jules agreed that the next best step would be for Jules to begin seeing if she could find answers in Strangerville. Dell would stay and care for Bex in meantime.

So Jules headed over to Mario's house so she could speak to him about their plan. Since Dell and Sofia now had Abel living in their home, and not to mention the added stress of caring for Bex in her state, she hoped that Mario would be okay watching Ruby for the immediate future, as she knew she couldn't bring Ruby along with her with so much danger and uncertainty awaiting them in Strangerville.

Hugo had stopped by, as he often did, being Mario's neighbor, and had decided to cook breakfast.
    4ZEfsmH.png

Ruby had been very excited that Hugo had been around when she woke up.
    nCAdIib.png

So they all gathered for breakfast, and Jules began to explain the situation.
    vLXtdMJ.png

Mario immediately agreed to take Ruby while she was away, with Becca's support too of course.
    nQmaFYE.png

Hugo interjected then, looking a bit unsure. "Um, well, I thought I should mention, my dad owns that lab in Strangerville..."
    dMX34Z7.png

Well, that confirmed Jules' suspicions then about the nature of Bex's business in Strangerville, though she didn't say anything, as Hugo still didn't know about the fact that Jules had only met him as part of an elaborate undercover scheme.

He continued then, after that information had settled among the group. "So if you really do decide to go, I want to go with you. I'm not sure how safe things are there - my family has always been involved in some shady business activities. I've always tried to ignore it, but I hear stuff...and I just don't know if you should go alone."

"That's really nice of you to offer, Hugo," Jules told him. "But it's okay - I don't want to have to drag anyone else into this. I'll be fine."

"No, I've ignored my family long enough...it's probably about time I figure out what they're actually up to. And who knows, if I play my cards right, I may be able to help you get some insider information."

That was a fair point, Jules thought, knowing that she was going to need all the help she could get. And truthfully, not facing this alone made her feel a lot less anxious, and if Hugo willing offered to go, who was she to stop him? So it was decided. Jules and Hugo would leave for Strangerville later that day, as soon as all the proper arrangements were made.

Since Mario and Becca both worked during the day, Jules called up Nikki to see if she would mind coming to their place instead to watch Ruby, since having the continuity of having the same nanny would make the transition of living at Mario's easier for Ruby.
    wEXP0hw.png

Jules called up her office as well, and they agreed that she could do her writing job from home for the time being.
    8ivaESy.png
    (The Freelance Writing career works perfectly for this! I'll pick up gigs if/when Jules has some time during this mystery)

She also sent a letter to Emmett and sent him a text message to let him know she'd be coming to Strangerville, not sure which would reach him first since his phone time was limited during his training.

She put Hugo in charge of finding them a place to stay.
    JdmKVA1.png

She popped back over to Bex's later on to sift through her extensive wardrobe, knowing it would be best if she and Hugo blended in easily with the style of the town. (Really I just wanted an excuse to give them Strangerville makeovers :smile:) Jules also grabbed a few more items from around Bex's house that she thought might be helpful (just in case she needs some spy gear this month :wink:) Dell was also glad to hear that Hugo would be going with her, feeling better knowing that Jules would not be facing this alone.

And then it was time to say goodbye.

"Don't be sad, Mommy," Ruby soothed sweetly as Jules hugged her a little too tightly and fought back tears.
    81T5bMg.png

Aw, little Ruby has grown up so much, look at her comforting her mommy 😭

And with that, they were off to embark on this new adventure...

---
    I was toying with aging Ruby up since I have created quite the passage of time since Jules' graduated, but it just felt too sad to age up Ruby and then not play with her much. Even though a kid (and a toddler) can hang around for the Strangerville mystery (I've done it, lol), it just didn't feel realistic or ideal for Jules to want to bring Ruby along when there's so much danger, and the mystery will be so much easier to focus on without a kid around as well. So that's why I'm waiting, so that when I do age Ruby up, I can actually start playing her and building her relationship with Jules :)

• Options
    lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    @SoulGal7

Yep, I was trying to focus but my brain just kept coming up with the idea of those two together! In one of my other saves, Morgan and Rohan are actually married with kids, which throws me off! But Wolfgang and Morgan are going to be a new plotline, as is Jenny's sister Allison, who's a teenager by now. I'm really glad you like the pairing!

@Karababy52

Okay, this is a gorgeous house! I'm blown away by how beautiful it is, and I really adore how elegant you've made it.

To answer your comments - Grace wasn't at their wedding because she's been studying extra hard and couldn't make it, although she was going to be Charles' 'best woman'. However, as for romantic feelings, I'm leaving that up in the air for the time being, because it's fun to do so. Wolfgang has us all reliving that Buffy and Spike time of our lives, I think! I mean, he is Sim Spike, and Spike was a real bad boy back in the day. In my world, Wolfgang has mellowed out but still enjoys seeing the drama go down.

@IllusoryThrall

First time seeing you on this thread, and I'm charmed seeing the star of your show! I'm extremely impressed by how you've dressed her, because she absolutely looks like you've described - most of her clothes could be hand me downs, and I love her outfits. It's also a really interesting concept to go with and I'll be following closely!

@permanentrose

I loved, loved, loved this chapter! Hugo is such a sweetheart, helping out like this, and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what will go down in Strangerville - especially as I don't exactly have that pack. We'll all miss Ruby, of course, but it does make narrative sense, and I'm sure she'll enjoy spending more time with her dad and Becca. Ruby comforting her mom was so so cute, though!

• Options
    SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    edited April 2021
    April 29
    mIPHNa3.png

Bryons Diary
    NoenH3Z.png
    As the months go by, Naoki’s belly grew bigger and bigger...

cuZGUM3.png
    Now that mom and Kristine live with Patrick, their room was available for renovation. It’s nothing special, lol.

TeOjf0a.png
    Jess and Johnny came over for lunch today. They’ll go back to Strangerville tomorrow, first thing in the morning. It's been so nice to see Johnny again so regularly. I'm going to miss him.

(Jess) “The babies will come any moment now, right?”
    (Naoki) “Yes. The doctor will stop by later today. She checks in almost every day now, just to make sure I’m doing alright.”
    (Jess) “That’s so nice. I hope I can find myself a midwife like that when get pregnant one day.”

sJ4X32W.png
    (Bryon) “So, you got everything settled to move to Strangerville for the time being”
    (Johnny) “Yep, all ready! They’ve been calling me a lot lately. There’s movement again in the abandoned laboratorium... It’s... Unsettling.”

AhPS8Wf.png
    -doorbell rings-

(Naoki) “That’s the doctor! I’ll get it.”

RyHBZeA.png
    (Doctor) “Hello. I hope I’m not interrupting.”
    (Naoki) “Not at all, doctor!”

D90O2gr.png
    (Naoki) You here for my check-up? Here, it’s all yours!”
    (Doctor) “Yes, thank you, Naoki.”

V63NUUq.png
    The doctor starts her usual check-up...

GnQ1pWd.png
    But suddenly, Naoki gets very uncomfortable.

DrqijnR.png
    (Naoki) “Doctor.... I think...”
    (Doctor) “It’s time?”

duSFLtr.png
    (Doctor) “Do you have bassinets in this house?”
    (Bryon) “Yes, we do. Right in here.”
    (Doctor) “Naoki, can you walk? We need to go to the bassinets.”
    (Naoki) *huff huff* “R-Right.....”

hxHDIKC.png
    (Naoki) “THIS IS HORRIBLE!!!!!”
    (Doctor) “You’re doing great, Naoki”

gZ0Z1zF.png
    Everyone gathered in the little room. I really was exited! Really! Just.. A pre-parental attack.

s5Qcqex.png
    Soon enough, Naoki’s pain is replaced by love. Two bright blue babies in alien suits are now before us.

nvRdQ0S.png
    Meet Audrey and Alex.

8KdPE7o.png
    Naoki and I each reach for one of the babies, but then...

To be continued...
    Post edited by Skeilah on
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • Options
    @Skeilah

Something tells me that the doctor is definitely not to be trusted, and I hope the babies will be safe! I'm really excited to meet Audrey and Alex.

• Options
    April 30th

Happy Birthday to You (Two)

04-30-21_12-06-59_PM.png?width=721&height=577

So, instead of a story update, I thought I'd age up the girls today before their move to Windenburg. Yes, Windenburg is our next destination! I've really mixed up all the worlds, but I'm intrigued to see where it goes from here. I think I'm going to save Britechester until next time!

First, we have Celeste, who aged up so cute! She definitely looks a lot like her father, and neither of the girls got Jenny's green eyes. They also look very like their dad around the eyes - I checked - but out of the two, Celeste was the one who came out looking more like Rohan.

04-30-21_12-02-26_PM.png?width=721&height=577

On the other hand, Iris is a little Jenny clone, almost, right down to her freckles! These disappeared when I checked how she'd look as a child out of curiosity, but I reapplied them because oh my gosh, they're adorable. She's also a Spellcaster as Jenny became one while in Glimmerbrook, so that's definitely going to be fun later on.

04-30-21_12-02-45_PM.png?width=721&height=577

Both girls shop at the Lillka boutique, by the way! :lol:

I also got pictures of them in the nursery before it's demolished! I think they look really cute. This is right after they aged up, and Celeste was angry that she had a sibling, which was kind of funny.

04-30-21_12-03-51_PM.png?width=721&height=577

04-30-21_12-05-45_PM.png?width=721&height=577

I had a lot of fun putting together cute little outfits for them, and they both ended up with quite traditional clothes! I'm drowning in the cute, and I'm really glad that one of the girls inherited Rohan's hair colour! Both girls are so cute, though, and I'm so pleased that I'll be able to introduce them to the story.
  • Options
    March 30 - Wolfgang's Thoughts

wolf-looking-at-photo.png
    Wolfgang got home from the university tour and went straight to the Games Room. No one seemed to be around, which was good. He didn't really want to talk to anyone because he had so much on his mind. But the main thing he had on his mind was Sakura.

wolfgang-going-home.png

River was right. Wolfgang couldn't put up this charade much longer. He had to tell Sakura how he felt about her. Since Sakura had been found, all Wolfgang wanted to do was spend every minute of every day with her. They were becoming so close as friends, but he wanted it to be something more. So much more.

wolf-wants-more-uni.png

But there was something wrong. He could feel it. Something had happened and Sakura didn't want to tell him. Today, he saw it in the panicked looks she had, in the shake of her hand when he held it in his, and in the quiver of her lips when she talked about being at a different university. Wolfgang wished Sakura would tell him. Because whatever it was, it was tearing her up inside. And the way Sakura looked at him...like she was afraid that he would leave her. And all Wolfgang wanted to do was hold her...hold her so much...hold her and keep her safe...and he just wanted Sakura to feel his love for her.

wolf-knew-somethign-was-wrong.png

"Love," he thought and shook his head. He had certainly botched up his declaration of love tonight. It couldn't have been more romantic with that full moon. And Sakura had looked so beautiful. He had so wanted to kiss those sweet lips of hers. And he had almost done it, he had almost told her. But he didn't just want to blurt out that he loved her. Oh no, he wanted to have some long-winded lead up speech. Too long-winded. And then the bus was there, and it had all fallen apart.

wolfgang-angst-after-uni-tour.png

Wolfgang picked up his guitar and strummed a tune, and started writing the lyrics for a song. Maybe he could tell her another way...

wolfgang-playing-guitar-uni.png

"...When the evening shadows and the stars appear,

And there is no one there to dry your tears,

I could hold you for a million years,

To make you feel my love..."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Make You Feel My Love, a song written by Bob Dylan, 1997. You have probably heard either the Garth Brooks or Adele version, which are both very emotional. This is actually the second verse. Get the tissues out if you watch this.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,924 Member
    edited April 2021
    @lilypadmeulin , lovely update and welcome back :) Is Jenny still there?
    Ah your last update, there is she :) Celeste and Iris are adorable <3

@SoulGal7 , yes ,a paint from reference, but with a mod what lets me take the photo with camera first. Awwww.. poor Wolfie :/

@Karababy52 , yes you have told that before :D About the sages :p And , well who remembers all the names all the time :p Blond dude, anyway :D

@IllusoryThrall , nice to meet Jazmyn finally :smiley:

@permanentrose , thanks :) Yep, the blond dude tags along, and will cause Melody to have some grey hair way before she should have any :) I can't wait to see what dangers Jules and Hugo will face :p

@Skeilah , Aww babies were born :) .... .... .... "but then..." .... then WHATT???!!! :joy: Nice ending :p
    Post edited by Ellupelluellu on
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    @SoulGal7

Wolfgang is definitely my favorite and I really love how careful he is around Sakura's feelings.

@Ellupelluellu

Thank you! I really love them and I just know I'm going to keep doting on them!
  • Options
    April 30
    MEoudU2.png

Bryons Diary
    The door suddenly swings open. A light-blue male alien reveals itself, but that's not everything...

EGnNVlL.png
    More aliens follow after the light-blue alien, and before we know it, the room is crowded.

eKFJ5Gi.png
    (Bryon) “Hey, what’s the meaning of this?”
    (Noelle) “They're coming to collect the babies. I sent them here."

VYlcSom.png
    (Naoki) “W-What do you mean by that?!”
    (Anas) “Exactly what my colleague says. You were just our impregnator, Naoki."

The light-blue alien signs to the green and the bright blue alien.

(Anas) "Take the babies.”

bUbOUhA.png
    (Bryon) “You can’t do that!”

835TBTZ.png
    (Larissa) “But the thing is... We can.”

Q02SBiu.png

IwoqVjf.png
    And just like that, they made the babies disappear... And then they disappeared themselves.

UiuiyGJ.png
    Or well, most of them. The light-blue alien still was in the room with us. He faced me.

(Anas) “This is for breaking my heart...”

kBoOFu9.png
    (Anas) “... Bryon Ellison.”
    (Bryon) “... Anas...?”
    (Anas) “Thank you for the extra members in our alien community.”

72wBUoa.png
    And with that, he disappeared, leaving me, Naoki, Johnny and Jess behind.

nOqaD1x.png
    (Naoki) “So I was right after all. That Anas-guy... Good for nothing!! I knew it! And now we lost our babies, and-...!”

GFaXPUO.png
    Naoki broke down in tears.

(Naoki) "I can't deal with this, Bryon! We were going to be parents!"

7c8jPuX.png
    (Bryon) "Shhh... Don't cry..."

I tried to comfort him, but from the corner of my eye, I saw a smirking Johnny.

(Bryon) “Johnny. What’s that face for? This isn’t funny.”
    (Johnny) “You gotta see this. My colleague in Strangerville just sent me this photo... I think I know where the babies are.”

YPGcY6E.png
    (Bryon) “You gotta be kidding me. Where?”
    (Johnny) “The secret lab. The section we can’t reach because of the smoke. They’re probably right behind it.”

uxRQnI3.png
    (Naoki) “You mean... We can... Get them back?”

NrIaIVn.png
    (Johnny) “We’ll have to find a way to get through the blue smoke... But once we got through that, yes. You could get your kids back, and the army/police can finally arrest those aliens that are sabotaging the city. It’s a win-win!”

(Bryon) “Johnny.”
    (Johnny) “Yeah?”
    (Bryon) “Naoki and I are going to Strangerville with you and Jess. We’re going to take back what’s ours.”
  • Options
    @Skeilah

I KNEW IT! And what a good way to get to Strangerville! I'm so excited!
  • Options
    @lilypadmeulin
    Spot on :) also, Celeste and Iris look so adorable ❤️

@Ellupelluellu phahahahaha I laughed so hard when you were like “AND THEN WHAT?!”. Still love doing cliffhangers sorry 😋
  • Options
    sassytxbratsassytxbrat Posts: 225 Member

So, I am going to jump into the fray with my daily pictures starting tomorrow, May 1. Today, I posted the introduction on my Blog.
    Love My Sims

Mia Patina
    I am starting Mia off as a toddler. Since I am going to be spending a year with her, I want her to have all of the bonus traits, starting with Top-Notch Toddler and then moving through the child-age years. Aging is off, and the timeline is for May to cover her as a toddler and as a child. She should be ready to move into her teen years come June 1.
    2021-04-27-18_19_05-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1
    Emily Patina – adult, single mom to Skye
    Babies have always come early to their family. Until recently, they were also getting married young, but Emily refused to marry when she found out she was pregnant. Of course, it really wasn’t an option since the pregnancy was the result of a one-night stand in a city on the other side of the country. She had gone for a concert and came home a mom. She was fortunate that her parents were supportive, even if they were disappointed. They helped her get on her feet and were there when she needed help. They both passed way too soon so Skye never had the chance to know her grandparents and Emily didn’t have any siblings. She is an excellent cook and has quickly moved up in the culinary world, and currently she working as a Sous Chef and helping Skye to take care of Mia, who is now a toddler.
    • Music Lover, Creative, Foodie
    • Master Chef (aspiration)
    • Culinary, Chef (career) – Sous Chef (level 8)
    • Lifestyle: Health Food Nut
    2021-04-27-18_03_28-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1
    :)
    Skye Patina – young adult, single mom to Mia
    Skye was young, a teen herself, when she discovered that she was going to become a mom. This was becoming a family tradition as her mom had also been young when she was born, and so it had been for many generations – young marriages and young pregnancies. But times change and Skye was not expected to marry the baby’s daddy. She likes him well enough, but she wasn’t in love with him. Sims are going to judge her decision but that does not bother her. She is thankful her mom is there to give her support, both emotionally and financially. Jake is still around also, although he has made it clear that he has ambitions that don’t include a young family.
    • Childish, Romantic, Self-Absorbed
    • World Famous Celebrity (aspiration)
    • Actress (career) – Commercial Spokesperson (level 3)
    • Lifestyle: Coffee Fanatic
    2021-04-27-18_03_21-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1
    Jake Jackson – young adult, dad to Mia
    Jake could not believe it when he found out about the baby. It was not like they had woohoo more than a couple of times, but apparently that is all it took. He has plans to become a famous professional athlete and was relieved to hear that Skye did not want to get married. He did not tell her that though. He still wants to be a part of Mia’s life but has no interest in becoming a husband just yet. These days it is enough for Skye and Jake to co-parent Mia and remain friends with benefits.
    • Active, Bro, Ambitious
    • Bodybuilding (aspiration)
    • Professional Athlete (career) – Minor Leaguer (level 5)
    • Lifestyle: Energetic
    2021-04-27-18_01_03-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1
    Mia Patina – toddler
    Mia was born as Skye was finishing up high school and becoming a young adult. Jake lives nearby but not in the same neighborhood so he is around fairly often to play with Mia. Emily, Skye, and Jake are doing what they can to make sure Mia is a Top-Notch Toddler.
    • Charmer
    2021-04-27-18_03_39-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1
    ~Teresa~
    My Sims 4 Gallery // EA ID: TSmetana
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited May 2021
    @Skeilah
    Awwww to Hugo and Skeilah! The pictures were so sweet! Congrats to both of the couples though.
    Psst.. if I ever ragged on Hugo I'm sorry!
    For your next post about Patrick and his family. I like the "ending" where the parents are watching over them. This post actually hit home because I've been through it.
    Then the next post... wow, I had a lot to catch up with. Running to the bassinets was really funny to me. I mean that is how it actually happens in the Sims lol. Whew I hope the babies are alright!
    Then the next post!! I had a feeling that the babies would be related to Strangerville stuff. This is great... ut oh, the cliffhanger kid is back!

@IllusoryThrall
    I feel bad for Phoenix... my first thought is I hope he grows up to be a comedian for some reason. He has a great name by the way!
    For your next post about the twins... reading it I'm already exhausted by the thought of trying to play that household lol. But since you can let chaos reign mostly I guess it's not that hard to play. Will be interesting to see how many of these children grow up with bad traits.
    And then the post about Jaz. The forgotten child. I don't know in a household like that sometimes it's not bad to be the invisible one. We all cope in our own ways. Will be interesting to see how you shape her life.

@LegacySims2017
    Welcome!!

@permanentrose
    Oh your pictures of Abel and his room are really nice. Just one of those grin while you read it posts! I'm partial to redheads!
    Ahh, loved your intro to Strangerville with Bex being infected! Ahh don't worry about plot holes either. I'm sure it will be entertaining, with great pictures and a better story than you'd be willing to give yourself credit for.
    For your next post I love that you are making her a freelance writer. I have a story in Strangerville going on in another save where I have a sim that is a journalist in my mind anyway. She lugs around her equipment to take pictures and write about Strangerville. It's a great job for that place lol. It also makes sense not to bring Ruby along to a place you think is dangerous for her. I'm sure we'll see her during the month either way!
    - I'm guessing Roxanne can still join the athletic career high up even if she got "booted" from the team. I guess when you're not in school you can't keep playing for them but just the way it was worded was funny.

@SoulGal7
    What a sweet moment in your post when Wolfgang was talking about being on the same team. Lol... also nice build up and let down on the not said "I love you" moment. It'll happen one day. So they are going to the same school for sure huh? It was hard not choosing Britechester for me, mostly because my sims just naturally gravitate to the degrees at Foxbury and I've never had a sim experience it... and it's so pretty.
    I had to get the tissues out for your next post and song even before I listened to it! Will be so sweet for Wolfgang to sing about his feelings to her.
    -I've had those should we have a baby dropdowns a number of times. I like it... it's like the engagement drop down I got recently.

@Karababy52
    Gorgeous house. I'm really partial to yellows and blues.. very pretty. Those doors are gorgeous. I love the architectural style that Strangerville added to the game with the windows and doors especially. Also glad you get to just enjoy your renovations!
    Lol, on the next post you took out the yellow but it does still look good! I'm not bored at all about how you post here. You are really good at decorating.

@Ellupelluellu
    Forget Melody I'm here for the blonde! Okay, okay good pictures, even the ones with Melody in them!

@lilypadmeulin
    Aww, I'd love to see Morgan and Wolfgang together... and for the next post Jenny's baby girls are so pretty!

Ackk messed up the spoilers, thanks for letting me know!
    Post edited by Hermitgirl on
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    You must have posted while I was still writing all that up @sassytxbrat
    Welcome! Mia is really cute. I like the idea of coming in with children for the challenge.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    @sassytxbrat Hey friend!! So glad you see you here, sweetie. And you're starting with a toddler?!? You are committed to this, aren't you!? Even I wasn't quite that brave. So excited to see how the family dynamics are going to play out. Love that I'm not the only one just starting the challenge this May 1st. I'm so nervous, but excited at the same time.

Will post my house and world tour a bit later this evening - I absolutely must go take a nap now. Before my keyboard becomes a pillow. I'm glad you all like my backstories, I worked so hard on them. I hope I can do all their stories justice as I get this daily journaling thing figured out. :smiley:
  • Options
    @sassytxbrat welcome!

So many new people here hahaha, I love it! I’ll surely follow everyones stories, but I’m going through a busy period right now so I won’t really do comments, except for when something screams “I NEED TO COMMENT ON THAT!”

Just so you all know, I’m still up to date with everything and I love every single story :) keep up the good work! To those who’ve been here from January 1st: we’ve done 1/3!!🎉🎉

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top