Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

April 27th Patch Out Now!

Comments

• Options
    BubblegumjonahBubblegumjonah Posts: 118 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    Not sure what the point of the livestream is. There was barely anything in the patch.

As much as I'd like to believe that they'll show us new and exciting things. I think it's going to be a short livestream awkwardly detailing the two new hairs and the minor bug fixes, a very quick look at some new sort of feature with maybe something in the background for people to speculate about... and that'll be it. I'm guessing 20 minute tops is how long it's gonna be.

How disappointing. I think some gurus need their Twitter privileges taken away :D

I hope I'm wrong, but these past few days have been nothing but disappointment after disappointment.
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    No new hair swatches or new traits :s There is this hair though

april2.png

Seems like it's basically just a minor bug fix patch, that's disappointing

@Onverser Which hair is this an update for, do you know? Or is a completely new hair? I was trying to figure out from the patch notes, since it looks completely new to me, I can't remember having anything like it before...
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Not sure what the point of the livestream is. There was barely anything in the patch.

As much as I'd like to believe that they'll show us new and exciting things. I think it's going to be a short livestream awkwardly detailing the two new hairs and the minor bug fixes, a very quick look at some new sort of feature with maybe something in the background for people to speculate about... and that'll be it. I'm guessing 20 minute tops is how long it's gonna be.

How disappointing. I think some gurus need their Twitter privileges taken away :D

I hope I'm wrong, but these past few days have been nothing but disappointment after disappointment.

Yup! They need to stop trolling on social media. Stop with silly "hints" and just tell people what's coming. I'm sick of the games.
  • Options
    JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    Anyone figure out this thing about corner sofas yet?

Trying to figure out how to make one. Though they'll probably say in a few minutes on that stream.
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I know we were hopeful for more but some of the fixes are nice.
    I stopped playing my vegetarian sims because it bugged me so much that they would choose to go eat meat. Of course this fix seems a moot point with the current rather larger cooking over and over then grabbing a quick meal bug.
    I hope vampires using frog and fish plasma packs really is fixed as this will greatly help me with off the grid vampires who don't have access to buying plasma packs.
  • Options
    BubblegumjonahBubblegumjonah Posts: 118 Member
    Jyotai wrote: »

Trying to figure out how to make one. Though they'll probably say in a few minutes on that stream.

That wasn't added in this patch. Nothing they leaked last month was.
  • Options
    Dannakyri1Dannakyri1 Posts: 207 Member
    edited April 2021
    so still no fix to my sim having like 8 active lifestyles and still being stress out about not going to work even when I have used lifestyle coaching to remove the lifestyle....cool cool cool. I'll just be over here with my workaholic sim's stressed out about
    not going to work on days they aren't supposed to be at work.
  • Options
    LixLix Posts: 5 New Member
    Does anyone have a link for the livestream?
  • Options
    Lix wrote: »

• Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    Cooking/refusing to eat has not been fixed. One of my sims will now eat what she's cooked but will not get leftovers. The other four just keep cooking meal after meal and slowly starving to death.
  • Options
    JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    Jyotai wrote: »

That wasn't added in this patch. Nothing they leaked last month was.

Ah ok. I got confused by the first few posts in here.

Oh well, those CC lots with the 2 stacked sofas will stay in the 'not gonna use that yet' pile.

I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I wonder if the autosofas are going to be in the next patch. They just announced the six new hair colours are.
  • Options
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    I wonder if the autosofas are going to be in the next patch. They just announced the six new hair colours are.

I hope they're not part of the new Kit. :shudders: They should be free in a patch.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    Cooking/refusing to eat has not been fixed. One of my sims will now eat what she's cooked but will not get leftovers. The other four just keep cooking meal after meal and slowly starving to death.

At least now vegetarian sims can starve not eating vegetarian leftovers.
  • Options
    OutlawWomanOutlawWoman Posts: 156 Member
    "Eco Lifestyle-specific Traits are now added to the Clubs choices if Simmers have Get Together installed." I'm happy about that especially!

I'm too new to post links, but you can read the Patch Notes under: The Sims 4 > Announcements> The Sims 4 Latest Patch Notes> April 27, 2021 Patch Notes

And you can rewatch the stream at Twitch> TheSims, it's on their home page, under "Past Broadcast"
  • Options
    GoddessBylineGoddessByline Posts: 281 Member
    edited April 2021
    So, is it safe to turn on the Dust Kit again? I had to disable it the same day I bought it as all my sims did was vacuuming and dust bunnies flooded my lots, and my simoleon count magicly increased during the day which effectively killed all my rags to riches sims families.
    I don't use CC so if you see something in a screenshot of mine, it's from the game.
    EA Account (Gallery) ID: BylineBelife
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Wow, I do not care for the new Load Game menu. Like at all, lol. It's not that it's technically bad, I guess, I just strongly prefer the old one.
  • Options
    SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    Whelp. Another patch with nothing usable or beneficial to me. The last good thing was configurable stairs. Platforms were alright, but unnecessary and broke some stair installations.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    So there's nothing more at all in the patch? Yikes... Seems a bit pointless even releasing it since it doesn't fix any big issues or add anything useful other than one hair.
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    Nice, nothing important means that I will be able to skip yet another patch.
  • Options
    nasch_katzenasch_katze Posts: 193 Member
    edited April 2021
    Lix wrote: »

Oh hey fellow french simmer :)
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    Another useless patch, and as usual, they overlook half the glitches. I bet the mirrors and stairs are still broken. If the developers keep ignoring the problems and continue breaking the game with more glitches, pretty soon the game will be unplayable.

They're not ignoring them though, they just can't allocate more human ressources than what they have and prioritizing which glitches to solve must be an internal management nightmare lol
    They're doing their best to show the community that they are actively listening to them, it's just that there are so many things that need to be addressed that they can't mention everything :/
  • Options
    ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    In my opinion new save/load menu design is HORRENDOUS. I want old grid system back.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    For heaven's sake fix cooking, gardening and stairs already! These are the things most simmers are crying out for.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    hyrulerose wrote: »
    Wow, I do not care for the new Load Game menu. Like at all, lol. It's not that it's technically bad, I guess, I just strongly prefer the old one.

NO NO NO!!! Why did they have to change it? I do not like it one bit.

Whenever I save a game I make a new save and call it a digit after the old one, and now the save box hides the previous save so I cannot see what numbers and letters are in it. And I can't quickly see all my recent saves on one screen, you have to scroll down. It is NOT an improvement at all. May we please have the old one back?

I really don't understand why they have to mess with stuff like that when there is so much else that needs attention.