Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

News Next Week? 👀 Livestream Tuesday 4/27

Comments

• Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Please take this with a grain of salt. But although I was leaning towards faeries just a few days ago. After thinking about all the hints this morning, I'm now leaning more towards a possible Werewolf pack. And I'll explain why below.

- The speculation of the calendar coming to the base game would line up very well with the release of a werewolf pack seeing as tracking moon phases would be very important.
    - Frost responding to a comment about werewolves back in January, even though there were multiple comments about Generations, Farming, and Babies as well. Why would he choose werewolves out of all comments to respond to. If not a hint at an upcoming pack?
    -All of the hints about France, which while could very well just be a coincidence or hinting at a French themed pack wouldn't be too much of a reach considering Rougarou or Loup Garou is a French word relating to Werewolves. And ALSO has ties to New Orleans and Louisiana, which we know by now inspired Paranomal Stuff to a degree.
    - The name "Guidry" comes from a word meaning "hunt" which also lines up perfectly with werewolves.
    - The "Spellcaster Schedule" item from Realm of Magic (the last pack we got with an official occult lifestate) depicts different moon phases.)
    - The werewolf items in Vampires.
    - The speculation of a body hair update due to the tweet on the Spanish Sims twitter page + Luumia's joining the team is very timely.
    - And finally the fact that tonight is the night of the full moon. I'm sure it could be coincidence, but considering George's original tweet mentioned Monday which happens to be the day the full moon falls on seems a little bit too coincidental to be a coincidence.

Of course, with nothing being confirmed, this is still pure speculation. But all of this happening around the same time + hints in past occult themed packs just got my wheels rolling. While faeries initially seemed more likely for a spring/summer pack, all of these hints seem to be pointing towards werewolves.

And not only that, but I just remembered this Snowy Escape hint.

The tunnels twist and turn. They often get very dark except for an icy blue glow dimly filtering in from the distant entrance. {SimFirstName} is navigating mostly by touch. The cold rock & ice walls suddenly become something hairy and damp. It lets out a deep growl, and this time it isn’t {0.SimFirstName}’s one weird uncle. {Sim} sprints back towards the entrance without waiting to find out more.\n\nAt least {SimFirstName} got some exercise in.

Which I found out about thanks to Antoinette Muller's new article on Extra Time Media just this morning.

Again, take this with a grain of salt. I know no more than anyone else here does. I just want to throw it all out there.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    is anyone else waiting to age up there toddlers till we see weather there will be an update tomorrow

no but I'm here postponing multiple weddings in multiple households cause there was so many romance mentions in recent packs and i swear if whatever comes this year does not include romance gameplay I just :triumph:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    BubblegumjonahBubblegumjonah Posts: 118 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I'm just hoping that they actually release something today, otherwise I know that many people are going to be disappointed. The skeptic in me just thinks that SimGuruGeorge was asking a harmless question and then the others started to tease him about it.

The realist in me agrees with the bolded part. That's why I tried to post the tweets where they said it wasn't a hint. (There's one for the moon pic too, but people won't believe it)

They (the Gurus) should know better by this point than to go and poke the bee's nest though, especially when we're ripe for an announcement. They've pulled the "its not a hint" later to say "just kidding" before though, which is why people don't always accept that as an answer when they say it's not a hint.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    It's all just harmless speculation. Let us have our fun. 🙂

As long as people don't get mad at the Sims team when their expectations are wrong. (See: Eco Lifestyle re: Farming guesses)
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Please take this with a grain of salt. But although I was leaning towards faeries just a few days ago. After thinking about all the hints this morning, I'm now leaning more towards a possible Werewolf pack. And I'll explain why below.

- The speculation of the calendar coming to the base game would line up very well with the release of a werewolf pack seeing as tracking moon phases would be very important.
    - Frost responding to a comment about werewolves back in January, even though there were multiple comments about Generations, Farming, and Babies as well. Why would he choose werewolves out of all comments to respond to. If not a hint at an upcoming pack?
    -All of the hints about France, which while could very well just be a coincidence or hinting at a French themed pack wouldn't be too much of a reach considering Rougarou or Loup Garou is a French word relating to Werewolves. And ALSO has ties to New Orleans and Louisiana, which we know by now inspired Paranomal Stuff to a degree.
    - The name "Guidry" comes from a word meaning "hunt" which also lines up perfectly with werewolves.
    - The "Spellcaster Schedule" item from Realm of Magic (the last pack we got with an official occult lifestate) depicts different moon phases.)
    - The werewolf items in Vampires.
    - The speculation of a body hair update due to the tweet on the Spanish Sims twitter page + Luumia's joining the team is very timely.
    - And finally the fact that tonight is the night of the full moon. I'm sure it could be coincidence, but considering George's original tweet mentioned Monday which happens to be the day the full moon falls on seems a little bit too coincidental to be a coincidence.

Of course, with nothing being confirmed, this is still pure speculation. But all of this happening around the same time + hints in past occult themed packs just got my wheels rolling. While faeries initially seemed more likely for a spring/summer pack, all of these hints seem to be pointing towards werewolves.

And not only that, but I just remembered this Snowy Escape hint.

The tunnels twist and turn. They often get very dark except for an icy blue glow dimly filtering in from the distant entrance. {SimFirstName} is navigating mostly by touch. The cold rock & ice walls suddenly become something hairy and damp. It lets out a deep growl, and this time it isn’t {0.SimFirstName}’s one weird uncle. {Sim} sprints back towards the entrance without waiting to find out more.\n\nAt least {SimFirstName} got some exercise in.

Which I found out about thanks to Antoinette Muller's new article on Extra Time Media just this morning.

Again, take this with a grain of salt. I know no more than anyone else here does. I just want to throw it all out there.

I have to agree with this!!, I've been thinking about some of these and they have been hinting at this for a long time.... and LMBO at the bolded😂
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    I'm just hoping that they actually release something today, otherwise I know that many people are going to be disappointed. The skeptic in me just thinks that SimGuruGeorge was asking a harmless question and then the others started to tease him about it.

The realist in me agrees with the bolded part. That's why I tried to post the tweets where they said it wasn't a hint. (There's one for the moon pic too, but people won't believe it)

They (the Gurus) should know better by this point than to go and poke the bee's nest though, especially when we're ripe for an announcement. They've pulled the "its not a hint" later to say "just kidding" before though, which is why people don't always accept that as an answer when they say it's not a hint.

While the original SimGuruGeorge/SimGuruFrost exchange is playing with fire, I've seen the forums decide that otherwise innocent pictures are hints. And if the only time Sim Gurus tweeted was when it was about sims news, then I'd never have watched Ninja's Puppy Cam, or joined GrimSuruDoi for morning crosswords.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Edit: He deleted the tweet, but here's a pic of it - because I'm fast.

lCYSBIW.png

Thanks for this!! He deleted it so fast I couldn't even reply lol
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    It's all just harmless speculation. Let us have our fun. 🙂

As long as people don't get mad at the Sims team when their expectations are wrong. (See: Eco Lifestyle re: Farming guesses)

I absolutely understand where you're coming from, but I don't think that there is anything that you can do to stop that. Some people are just frustrated and/or impatient and will react that way. That's no reason to not join in some lighthearted speculation with the community, in my opinion. I enjoy reading players' ideas and interpretations when something worth speculating over has been posted - not so much when it's over the pic of a Simguru's lunch or random lifestyle update though.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    EA_Leeloo wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    I just removed a lot of posts because they were against the forum rules:
    • Don't bully or use toxic behavior. It's against the rules and is a one-stop-shop to getting banned from the forums. Your gaming account will also be reviewed. We count on you to keep toxicity out of our community. Personal defamation, harassing, bullying, threatening, offending, or any harmful behavior towards others is not acceptable - ever.
    • Don't be rude. No matter what your feelings are about other people, EA Forums aren't the place to attack another person. That includes public figures, EA employees, or other forum users.
    • Don't be a troll, bait or flame. This includes deliberately trying to cause an argument by making sarcastic, off-topic, rude or disruptive posts, and discussions.
    Please remember, this is not the place to engage in personal arguments - everyone is entitled to their opinion about what the next DLC should ideally be but there is no need to make things personal.

Keep things civil and be kind to each other!

Individual moderation will follow where appropriate.

- Leeloo

Just reposting this before we go off track again. 🙂
  • Options
    DemongradDemongrad Posts: 44 Member
    > @Dakota88 said:
    > No it's not. There was a big discussion on twitter about it and many people said how disappointed they would be if it was another occult pack instead of something enhancing general gameplay like Generations, even some occult fans said so. I am not the only one.

Why can't people be happy for each other? Fairies is the last thing I want/need in my game and still if that's the pack I will sigh and wait for the next one. But I will still be happy for the people that wanted it. Just like knitting and tiny house - I couldnt care less about these packs but I see how many people enjoy them so I'm happy their out.
  • Options
    orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    I’d be down for a werewolf pack if it came with the promise of body hair and moon phases and a toggle to turn them off.
  • Options
    BubblegumjonahBubblegumjonah Posts: 118 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    I would hate werewolves even more than a fairies pack. Why can't they just finally give us good gameplay that enhances the game itself?

That's like... just your opinion, man.

No it's not. There was a big discussion on twitter about it and many people said how disappointed they would be if it was another occult pack instead of something enhancing general gameplay like Generations, even some occult fans said so. I am not the only one.

No, it's your opinion that something like Werewolves being added wouldn't constitute as good gameplay that enhances the game itself. That is your opinion, and you're probably not the only person who thinks that, but just because 'several others' have said it, doesn't mean it's true. I've seen people stoked for werewolves all over Discord and Twitter for years now.

Just because something being added to the game doesn't fit to your taste does not mean you get to proclaim it as gameplay that isn't good. Because what you consider good, is bad for someone else and vice-versa.

It might not be true for you and others, but it's true for me and others. To each their own. I am just disappointed that once again occult fans get what they wished for and family players don't.

But no one has gotten anything yet. This is all just speculation.

With the moon tweet (being even deleted quickly) it's perfeclty clear to me tbh. I still hope it comes with other features I can use. I'd be over the moon :) if it was active school and introducing werewolves at the same time, so everyone gets what they wished for.

It was deleted, and then he later said it wasn't a hint and didn't want to send people into speculative overdrive. Whether that only makes it 'more' of a hint or not, is up to the viewer. It could just have very well been Ninja taking a cool picture of the full moon wanting to share it, and in his sleepy mindset not realizing that doing so would drive people to wildly theorize.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Okay, here's my ideal

I'm wrong, they do announce something today. A road map.

Summer Pack: Some sort of School expansion/Generations
    Fall Pack: Faeries Game Pack. - I'll be even more blah about Faeries than I'm already expecting if they get the Aliens/Mermaids no-Perk-Tree-all-have-same-powers treatment, so I don't want Faeries squished into an Expansion Pack.
    Winter Pack: Farming with Werewolves - I'd be happier with Werewolves getting their own Game Pack, but I can deal with them getting the Aliens/Mermaids treatment.

I, personally, could reverse Farming and School packs in terms of release, but I really think that a school expansion of some type is coming.
  • Options
    FlewingFlewing Posts: 95 Member
    But that full moon pic he tweeted is from real life though haha. Maybe we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves assuming it even has anything with the game to do.
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    Okay, here's my ideal

I'm wrong, they do announce something today. A road map.

Summer Pack: Some sort of School expansion/Generations
    Fall Pack: Faeries Game Pack. - I'll be even more blah about Faeries than I'm already expecting if they get the Aliens/Mermaids no-Perk-Tree-all-have-same-powers treatment, so I don't want Faeries squished into an Expansion Pack.
    Winter Pack: Farming with Werewolves - I'd be happier with Werewolves getting their own Game Pack, but I can deal with them getting the Aliens/Mermaids treatment.

I, personally, could reverse Farming and School packs in terms of release, but I really think that a school expansion of some type is coming.

I'd be totally happy with that and if fairies are made the way they're made in TS Freeplay, I might even have fun playing them.
  • Options
    MElleSimsMElleSims Posts: 77 Member
    I don't really understand the debate on this forum. More occult types [i]is[/i] something that people have been asking for, and content is rarely catered to occult fans, unlike what a user previously said. At the same time, of course it's disappointing for realistic players. Not everybody is going to be happy, and yelling at each other "It's your opinion!" is not exactly useful. I mean...duh. Of course it is. Personally I would be really excited for a werewolf pack!

Question, though: If there [i]were[/i] news today, can anyone guess what time we should expect it?

P.S. I am also curious about a potential patch.
  • Options
    Also it's a bit funny acting like the game not getting content you wish for is a violation of your rights. "Family players are being silenced".....it's a game not a life-or-death situation. People who act like this should use their energy for something a bit more important.
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    Guys, this is getting off topic again. There's a thread in the feedback section of the forums if you really want to talk about occult/family, but please keep it civil and keep this thread on topic.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    edited April 2021
    MElleSims wrote: »
    Question, though: If there were news today, can anyone guess what time we should expect it?

P.S. I am also curious about a potential patch.

Usually 10AM PST. After that we can start speculating about tomorrow. 😄
  • Options
    @simgirl1010 thank you! so in forty minutes more or less we might have a better picture of what to expect.

personally i would prefer fairies, but werewolves also sound fun. and i think the deleted picture on twitter almost certainly hints at werewolves. i guess we'll have to wait and see.
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Question, though: If there were news today, can anyone guess what time we should expect it?

For pack teaser/announcement, it’s usually 8am PT which is already past. It’s very unlikely we’ll get a pack teaser/announcement today.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    elelunicy wrote: »

For pack teaser/announcement, it’s usually 8am PT which is already past. It’s very unlikely we’ll get a pack teaser/announcement today.

I hope we'll hear something tomorrow though.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited April 2021
    They should be posting something soon, if they're posting anything at all. They did mention Monday in the original tweet. But maybe they mean you'll play in an old world until Monday, and on Tuesday we'll get a new world?
    I always enjoy the speculation regardless :)
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Boy it's going to be ugly if something isn't announced this week. I feel bad for the SimGurus.
  • Options
    bixters wrote: »
    They should be posting something soon, if they're posting anything at all. They did mention Monday in the original tweet. But maybe they mean you'll play in an old world until Monday, and on Tuesday we'll get a new world?
    I always enjoy the speculation regardless :)

Haha, getting all our hopes up there again. :D