Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    edited April 2021
    The game decided that my very dead and ghostly Laitha will have a career as a painter. I don't know if this is considered a bug, but yes, she goes to work everyday as a painter, in all her translucent glory. Here's why this is weird: 1. I never gave her a job. 2. She was unemployed during her mortal life since she inherited millions from her parents(as part of her "lore").

Dear Game Engine, stop that.
    Game Engine: No.
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    edited April 2021
    I have two sim days before Kemp's Rotation ends and I start on the Sulani Beach Bum to Sulani Condo Beach Bum challenge. I haven't uploaded screenshots yet because I'm giving my brain a chance to process everything. I have a lot of screenshots, and I want to pick the good ones.

Also, I'm enjoying the stories so far, and I'll have a response post coming up soon too!
  • Options
    Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    So yesterday in my game i played the goths. Alexander aged up to a teen, and Cassandra Goth and Don Lothario are engaged. (i chose him because in my ts2 game they are dating and have a kid together.) Cassandra fell pregnant and will have don's kid. next game i probably will try to marry them- tho i'm kinda scared because i gave Don the non-commital trait, which sounds about right tho.. lol
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    I started a new save, and would reboot my Simlit. It would take a long time for me to populate the save, and it would cause me to run out of ideas. I have most of the packs except for Journey to Baatu, Snowy Escape, Nifty Knitting, and the Kits. If anyone wants to upload some Sims on the gallery for my save, use the hashtag #DeafsimmerTownies so I can find them.

Would merfolk work? I have well over 30 I can share.

@DeafSimmer I have tons of merfolk with base designs that will give you the freedom to edit their appearance however you like with the packs you have already shared in the gallery. I use the #merman or #mermaid depending on the gender.

My user is Metior Ice. I'll update with your tag if what I shared might help.
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    edited April 2021
    I haven't been here for soooo many pages - it has been extremely busy for me at work and I just haven't been able to keep up with the forums. Thankyou to everyone who sent me comments @Metior_Ice @Daephene @Lyrie and @sarabeth2984 to name a few. (Sarabeth your lizard Esme dressed as an Elf was absolutely adorable!!)

I hope everyone is doing OK and remember to reach out if times get tough - I have been looking forward to Easter as I can finally drop back into the forum (almost as exciting as seeing some family) - I couldnt see them last year - I may even get to see my sister soon I haven't seen her since 2019.

I will be doing some more Quin & Rohan soon (they are in the middle of their honeymoon after all) but my Not so Berry really took off - I have finished Plum, Orange and (80% of Pink - Peach is halfway through childhood) so I need to catch up on here. This is the last Grey update (and Plum has a lot less screenshots)

Grey Not so Berry: Slate
    previous update

I know I showed Mirabelle becoming a child in the last update - she doesn't feature much in this update
    a. because she will have her own story and
    b. she became quite distant from her parents - no fault of SLate or Shari's - just Mirabelle's non commital personality

SO SLate is struggling to finish his singing (i got to level 10 but didn't quite finish it) and parenting goals (parenting was more first fail - a combination of skill lag and my unfamiliarity with the new pack). However he did conquer the sporting career and earned the fitness skill reward of longer lifespan. Thankfully with the updates earlier in the year - skills seem to build normally again - and with the speed skill building bonuses you get from Get together clubs bonus point purchases- Its so easy to build up skills.

Shari was also trying really hard to max her fitness
    BCR9Ibz.png

The couple that trains together stays together :)
    doKJq5i.png
    XfJV2rh.png
    r9RDKim.png

A very exhausting day
    ygdX4m7.png

Poor little Pluot - is there no privacy? Not when there are ghosts in the game, LOL
    3r8zyu2.png

Dwight has some news
    Since his marriage Dwight has been visiting less often but one day he had some news he was really excited to share with Slate.
    jhHDQNS.png
    Slate was really happy his friend was going to enjoy being a father.
    2RMK7XP.png
    Ex5Qyru.png

Elders and gym clubs....
    Slate's fitness club was one of the most popular clubs in town,,, sims rang constantly asking to join but the 8 members were really loyal
    EeMYpmW.png
    Lilith loves this club and Slates personal gym - I love her boss energy of trainingin leather pants and high heeled boots. I am never messing with this sim!
    tyxz6N4.png
    Unfortunately loyal members age and one day.................
    C4rFXlN.png
    Slate begged Grim - who understood and gave her some more time....
    yUvsOtl.png
    I like the sentiments from this
    8pxBnGk.png
    M3w8VTr.png
    o5efbgX.png
    Any way Jessie and all the other elders were retired from the club - so they didn't exhaust themselves and die.

Clubs and birthdays
    Slate also had a singing club - I was suffering from lack of inspiration - so its called the Canaries.
    vPYbP7M.png
    Timothee Chalamet (a gallery sim not mine) came and joined the club and became good friends with Slate.
    gc8WSyp.png
    cZDsHPD.png
    Someone doesn't like the Canaries - oh no it is the same person that hated Slate's garden - yes its my terribly bad mood simself (not sure why she is so sulky - MCC married her to her dream sim and they had 6 lovely children in this save) SInging especially Karaoke singing is one of my pleasures - you are letting me down simself.
    Hblox3S.png
    All too soon Pluot and Damson aged up to children
    UNUbevP.png
    4yzbgHz.png
    as did Mirabelle to a teen - she could finally have plum coloured hair
    1y9yhLP.png
    Sunday movie nights continued becoming massive family gatherings - I really enjoyed this generation and the closeness with extended family - normally my sims live like they are the only people in the world.
    hSjr8rh.png
    e1Ylalb.png

Dwight gets a surprise...
    Slate came to visit Dwight and meet his child and husband.
    zr5lApE.png
    Unfortunately, a few seconds after Slate arrived on lot , the aliens had other ideas...
    wLgVZqO.png
    AT movie night, Dwight was trying to convince himself it was just too much popcorn...
    NME96CD.png
    But it soon became apparent that the Pollination technicians had struck again.
    2ZVywwC.png
    Slate felt a little guilty and kept checking his friend
    SP864CR.png
    Dwight's husband was not impressed at SLate being in their lives so much.
    RpaSH4o.png
    He kept on doing angry walkbys of Slate's house (probably checking that Dwight wasn't there.)
    SgaKMDd.png
    Dwight had an alien daughter - she was very pretty and never wore a human disguise
    B08aR1U.png?1

And time rolled on for Slate...
    Slates life was pretty routine - workout, work, family time, club time and Sunday movie nights. He (and I) enjoyed every second... (it just doesn't make for a variety of screenshots)
    He topped his career and earned this trophy
    3ZjVuH0.png
    The children aged up again...
    Mirabelle became a young adult and went out on her own..
    hLkXRiY.png
    Pluot and Damson also became teens..
    slyo2VS.png
    zgtxVKQ.png
    RPHfdTi.png
    They all started aging
    Before...
    vpdcxJB.png
    dt7dbKH.png
    After.....
    tqjhbui.png
    Becoming elders meant their partners started dying... poor Dwight lost his husband first
    cZARjnZ.png
    But there are some pleasant parts of aging
    dKDnc6h.png
    Like when your daughter and her boyfriend announce that a grandchild is on the way...
    OZbQNkK.png
    Or when you are never too old to romance your wife...
    AG59ZGb.png
    Gknf42s.png
    RH9mAhb.png

So ends Slate's official story but being long lived he continues on in the Plumb generation (Mirabelle's story).

• Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    @Metior_Ice @sarabeth2984 Thank you for responding for my question, about rich families and their houses. I've seen recently a couple of documentaries from Enes Yilmazer about the big million dollar worth mansions in LA to get some ideas for later. All you can see is one room after another with couches and all modern stuff and televisions. (Uhm who is still watching tv when you could have a pc and could actively entertain yourself?! My tv is mostly off since over a decade for now). But he did also visited a modernized 120 years old mansion from San Francisco. To my surprise it was in the quarter where I had my internship once, many years ago. It was so good to see San Francisco again, I love this city, I hope I can visit it one day again.

In my game lately I struggle a little bit with telling a story and I'm bored lately, because I miss some many things which would be helpful right now, like couple dance, cars, bands and real group activities, like soccer (not what we have now, this isn't soccer, it's just a tiny part of the training) or volleyball, tennis, hide and seek or play catch. I had hoped for at least one of them would be announced, instead we have gotten overpriced kits. So yeah I'm kind of frustrated with the game.

In the 1950 the living life for the teenagers got worse, with the upcoming wealth and normality the parent remember the morality and duties and therefore they educated their children stricter again, seperated them between boys and girls, don't allowed simple meetings and dates or overnight stays. It was a generation who were more or less raised alone in war and ruins and now they have to obey. Dancing (in dance schools) was the only way for both genders to meet and touch each other. And that's the reason why I'm so frustated. Not having couple dance ingame reminds me on this prudish decade :'( .

Struggling Hans found direction with the chancellor Adenauer who proclaims the old traditions, how a german has to deal with his life, so he stopped his love affair and worked harder then ever in his job now, for his family, but he still feels guilty for his failure. Big topic in this year was the re-introduction of compulsory military service. The german society was deeply against it (the opinion was united with no war again and they didn't want their men could die for a foreign power, and the allied high coucil was against it too, but change their mind with the start of the korean war. Adenauer was a strict against communism and wanted to tied the relation stricter to the western nations, during the gdr did the same for the sowjet. There is still the battle of two systems, and the german opinion was ambivalent in this case.

On Sunday a family should go out and make a trip together.
    My family decided to go into the park. Holger was excited, while Erika was more interested in the sandwich. Babyboy Toni was born in 1950, so just imagine him in his stroller, too.

UjwUxfm.png

U0Vl1Fg.png

2IUAgS6.png
    Annemarie watched over the children, while Hans has played chess for a little bit.

CpL0bVC.png

LLAdQFr.png

n5JyUB4.png

I think, the children would like to tell me something, or why they are so morbid?

fjMOn7o.png

Okay it's just Holger, who was hungry.

3Hw1Z4N.png

dhtT1EX.png

Hans took both kids to the nearest picnic area , where Annemarie has already prepared the meal.

xnwYcvW.png

6wPaWpC.png

Later in the evening it's time for a goodnight story, dad's duty.

5k6kJYi.png

urU0IVa.png

Holger has a nightmare.

eP5rSrS.png

On normal weekdays kids should play outside.

uVicGWc.png

The father comes late at home, because of the long working hours.

Gze7FZD.png
    P4nO6hT.png

Hans offers Annemarie a shopping trip for new clothes, she is excited.

RVtqBv1.png
  • Options
    @Daravi Thinking about mansion builds reminded me of one time I went trick or treating in an expensive neighborhood with friends. I got a glimpse of the interior of a house and it had two spiral staircases in a hallway the double door front doors led into.

My idea is to have stairs leading into the ocean that will act as the entrance to the property. Merfolk have a hydration need that can be satisfied by swimming in the ocean to enter their home and sleeping in pools.

I'll use a "U" shape that is 9 squares wide. Stairs will lead up to a balcony that will act as a roof to the ocean. The ocean will be like its own room. There aren't very many water objects that can be placed in pools and the ocean, but the spa day pack has waterfalls that are 3 squares wide that can add to the water element.

The balcony will be an "O" shape with two stairs leading to the balcony from a deck connected to the ocean. On either side of the ocean room, there will be additional rooms. Rebuilding the house might take time, but that might be the last thing I do before kemp's rotation ends. I'll share the screenshots in a spoiler with my future update. Tomorrow might be my first opportunity to post an update and look through all the screenshots.

@Daravi I hope the update helps with giving you ideas.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Hi everyone! I have not been playing too much lately for several reasons, mostly just doing other things. I've been reading the thread on my phone on my breaks at work and enjoying everyone's updates, but it's not easy for me to comment on my phone. I look forward to reading more!

When I have been playing, I've been training my Eclectic Arts household turned spellcasters. Alice is pursuing practical magic, Leslie mischief, and Mark untamed. I showed their makeovers on here a long time ago. Recently I also uploaded them to the gallery if anyone wants a look, my gallery name is Daephene1.

The spellcasters that are part of my big extended family of households, Ivy and Alexander and Isabella, are always really busy with jobs and school and Ivy's giant garden and their pets, so they really haven't made much progress with magic other than Ivy with her potions. So I've taken the opportunity with this household to concentrate on magical training with no distractions. Well, not very many. I changed all of their aspirations to Serial Romantic so they do tend to have a few extra-curriculars. Mostly they've been flirting with their sages.
    jrTSnF7.png
    icJTlGt.png
    Leslie hasn't been getting anywhere with L. But the other two have been very responsive.

Anyway, I'll put some screenshots of their training below a spoiler. Not really any story here, just trying out different parts of the pack that I hadn't gotten to yet.
    Sorry a lot are dark because they keep weird hours going in and out of the magic realm at all times of day and night.

They spend a lot of time in the magic realm, practicing with and without their mentors.
    gx9enVU.png

Leslie and Mark got fancy brooms.
    HKUS8kX.png
    I'm not sure which one Ivy is riding there but it's the one I want to get for Alice but it hasn't come up for sale yet.

We also invested in familiars. Mark went with a phoenix as I thought fire went well with untamed magic.
    kwTtryp.png

I'm not sure what the name of this type of familiar is, but I didn't realize it meant demon bunny.
    hnEAMpe.png

I embraced the practical magic user with evil looking familiars and also had her bind the skull familiar she found on her own. Leslie got the fairy orb due to fairies being mischievous creatures.
    ybPgSAW.png

Leslie won that duel.
    35V7Iw3.png

Then Mark beat Leslie.
    GyryHxy.png

They met up with the Goth-Andreas family since they are all members of the club called Castaways. I find that the friendly duels never look all that friendly.
    ESiR9ph.png
    RlRmzm2.png

Alice went oops and got a curse that made this even more likely in the future.
    0ygBk0W.png

I got curious about this hooded fellow and discovered that his name is Adonis. I think his parents were a bit over optimistic. I mean he's not bad, but that's a lot to live up to.
    ngy8gWF.png

Now he shows up every time they go to the realm. So we're going to have to drag him into their story sometime.
    SCLf7am.png

Since they are all bookworms, whenever their fun gets low from doing nothing but training, they sit around reading books. It's summer so they relaxed outside on a hot day.
    YVqMwPu.png
    NVxN9wd.png

Floating furniture amuses me.
    A9ZvFwk.png

And that's all I've got!
    Happy Simming everyone! And Happy Easter to those who celebrate it!
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    Technical stuff: Hard at work taking care of the "not enough men" problem in my game. Townies are back to being able to have children. All the males babies born before the freeze have all been aged up to YA.

Family stuff: Not sure if it's appropriate or not to post the picture so I just assumed it's not: Madison got her first tan via sunbathing. A nice fresh pinkish hue lol. I hope her original skin color comes back >_>. Also child #3 is on the way.

Brandi the first, thus bringing an end to the legacy of Gen 1, Leslie and Nanesha have passed on. That makes Brandi II, Samantha, Jenna and Jorge that last surviving members of Gen 2.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited April 2021
    Charity moved in with Bodhi's brother, Chaunce, and their sister, Karma. She's been friends with Chaunce for years, but they hadn't seen each other in a while. Chaunce is helping Charity out until she gets back on her feet. She's helping keep the house clean.

51093923003_3d9819560c_b.jpg

Chaunce is a really nice guy, because he's not only letting Karma and Charity stay in his house, but also Charity's triplet toddlers, Angel, Faith, and Hope.

51093458704_c2e96ae865_b.jpg
    51093458659_025b9b32aa_b.jpg
    51093381831_66e81e4f8f_b.jpg
    51093477107_6c219b70a8_b.jpg
    51093923073_c617e2f800_b.jpg

Today is the winter holiday, so Chaunce put up a tree, cooked a grand meal, and bought a heap of presents for everyone.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    LashinLashin Posts: 74 Member
    I decided on three female sims - all housemates - each starting with the Mansion Baron Aspiration: Ash (Vampire), Tea (Spellcaster), Shelly (Mermaid). Ash's dark form has a pallor and red eyes, but that's about it. Shelly's mermaid form makes her look like a magical goldfish. Needless to say, Tea doesn't have another form, as a Spellcaster.

Anyhow, I toyed with the idea of creating a basement for ages... and decided for it to be Ash's turf. Not only is it HER basement to stow her coffin, pipe organ, and have her own personal bathroom... but also it's where she stashes her "blood bags" AKA sims unlucky to turn up at the front door, which she lures into these teeny rooms behind her personal bedroom and bathroom, then bat-forms out and removes the door.

Ke84SkV.png

Bob and Eliza Pancakes were her first two unlucky victims - thanks to the Welcome Wagon social event - while Nalani Mahi'ai is the first occult to turn up at the front door, so she got locked away as a special treat for Ash; the vampire equivalent of lobster tail.

Okay, so the bunk beds I put in there didn't allow for fainting space upon Eliza being compelled for a deep drink, so I had to remove them. That means there are no bathroom facilities, and nobody for them to socialise with; however, out of pity for the Pancakes being the first blood bags and a married couple, I might tear down the fence and let them be together. Don't worry, there's a table for food to be placed; Tea and Shelly both cook, and I plan to drag food down every day or so, so they don't starve to death.

It's very annoying to feed off your own household members because their hunger and energy decay very rapidly until they sleep it off, so I opted for non-household members. It's a bit cruel, but hey, at least I'm feeding them!

As for the facilities that are lacking... the floor's the limit!

The housemates - Ash, Tea, and Shelly - are all still getting to know each other, and I'm still building the place up. More to come...
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    @Daephene Happy Easter too - I haven't been on here forever as well. I love the fancy broom Mark got - I didn't know it was in the game. I got annoyed at my spellcaster save and left it - I will have to try it again some day. I tried making an androgynous sim because I was inspired by our discussion about the difficulties with clothing etc. for your sim. (also people make great ooking outfits for Morgyn and I always get a big fail.) Here is what I came up with - in Cas they look too male to me and then in game they switch to too female - not sure I have cracked the formiula yet.
    8B10Fgh.png?1
    3RqEZau.png?1

@Metior_Ice the way you described your ocean staircase and waterfall room sounded very interesting - are you going to put up screenshots? I'd like to see it.

@DeafSimmer a reboot sounds interesting - are you replicating the same story or trying to make it go in different directions?

@SamDenny why did you end up with a lack of men problem? I always seem to have no young adults (or not ever turning up to any lots for my sims to meet).

@Rouensims the 3 toddlers, all blonde, look so sweet but I can imagine they are a handful! I am so glad I have finished the 100 babies and can go back to 1 or 2 toddlers at a time.

@Lashin I enjoyed your update - I really laughed at "magical goldfish" plus the "ëquivalent of a lobster tail". Very glad they have Pancakes stored in their basement larder ;)

New Generation: Plum Generation - with Mirabelle DeMenthe

Previous: final Grey update

Plum's goals
    Generation Five: Plum
    You’ve always been good at anything you tried. It’s hard to choose a career, so why not try a few? You work as a doctor for much of your life, but as an adult realize that your true dream is to become a professional dancer. You quit your job and join the entertainer career. Basically: you’re an indecisive oddball.
    Traits: Genius, Noncommittal, Dance Machine
    Aspiration: Renaissance Sim
    Career: Fast Food, Doctor, Entertainer
    Rules
    • Master dance and two other skills of your choosing, achieve at least level eight in six skills
    • Complete Renaissance Sim aspiration
    • Get divorced and then later remarried to the same Sim
    • Must live in at least three different worlds over the course of your life

I hate playing noncommital sims and I really didn't enjoy this generation much - its the first time I felt like abandoning the chaallenge - most sims in this challenge haven't taken me long but I didn't play Mirabelle for more than about 10 minutes real world time at a time so she took me a while. (Luckily the next 2 gens are much more fun).
    I have to admit a partial fail - she didn't remarry the same sim -but I did this as an extra challenge in the Rose gen, when I didn't have to and I raised her romance to the level where she could have done it (so I would have passed)- I just pitied the sim and didn't want to make him suffer with Mirabelle again so I didn't go through with the remarriage. I am playing this challenge to give me storyline ideas and not to "win"a challenge so stepping aside from goals doesn't worry me too much. She also maxed parenting to make up for Grey's fail.

Mirabelle was the oldest daughter (my heir rule for myself is always the eldest in NSB) of my sim Slate. Slate was an alien (with an alien father as well as an alien Great grandfather) so Mirabelle has alien genes but is a human hybrid and inherited the grey skin of her father. In my save all aliens have bright unnatural coloured hair so while they are toddlers and children, when there is no access to those colours, their hair is white blonde.
    7R7Cev7.png

Her first trait was the genius trait so she started a genius club to get her skills up for her future doctor career. Here she is with her Aunt Cloud who is also a genius.
    D2f3spB.png
    Caleb is not in the club but he has stalked the family for 4 generatiions - Mirabelle is the fifth.
    t4TjIuY.png
    Mirabelle became instant friends with teen Frank. She seemed to love him better than her own family. The became best friends before the end of the first club meeting.
    UT6HMtm.png
    679dB3G.png

Further childhood:
    She dreamed of being a famous dancer...
    8HRcEmY.png
    and a famous doctor (it was hard to make up her mind or commit to one thing)
    R0oK41O.png
    She loved hanging out with Frank - he spent more time with her than her family. (I didn't invite him - he just turned up at the house)
    Voif8Mw.png
    and in her club
    LAWboun.png
    They also met at the house and read. studied and did homework.
    rPsmeSk.png
    She created a science lovers club in the Windenburg library as logic is so hard to build.
    Yk1jeJ7.png
    And there was lots of free space there for the big (too large) science items
    yYr1Vc3.png
    Her interest in boys was growing too.
    JSjYodN.png
    This is the oldest son of my simself in this save - Matias
    ippldz8.png
    She did like playing with Pluot and Damson - her siblings
    ROpTLku.png

Teen Mirabelle
    All aged up...
    DNmmwWt.png
    Frank of course was there - he had aged to a young adult
    JzZQOms.png
    Time to start a new club - the dance machines
    cdqqnLN.png
    Matias - in the orange scarf was also in the club - aged up to a teen
    2A6jgD3.png
    It doesn't take long to max. dance - one goal achieved
    lPapcwG.png
    Some heavy metal air guitar
    uVYC4QW.png
    More dance machine members - the guy with the red hair is a Munch and the guy in the orange shirt is Dwight's oldest (non alien) son.
    nIBw9aY.png
    As a teen you have to take the obligatory selfies.
    qcz8R34.png
    Poor Mirabelle - she is also working in the fast food career - love that teen sulky walk.
    J7dIcn1.png

Teen Love
    As Mirabelle has to marry, divorce and remarry I started early looking for a partner.
    Frank seems to admire her but he is the wrong age
    ZM9sZTZ.png
    I think he admires her brains more than anything which is probably very flattering, plus sporty Shari and Slaate would not be into the sciency things Mirabelle loves.
    cdGoO7L.png
    I know she really likes Matias but I feel like he is my son (as my simself's son) and don't want him all messed up by a non commmital sim.
    W5L4ZX1.png
    So Parker Munch became her boyfriend (his hair suits the plum theme)
    1Xullco.png
    vYNLIBw.png
    TyVHeKr.png
    This didn't stop Caleb from mooning around where ever she was.
    RJP71dn.png
    Nor Frank - who started turning up to every family movie night
    Jj5L1Cv.png
    Shari kept a close eye on Frank.
    bTVE1fl.png
    She also met Camden Lemmington, a very hot librarian (he is a CAS child of my sim Alana who left J. at the altar and J. - because I wanted to see what their children would have been like and the answer is - very nice indeed!)
    ENBW327.png
    Mirabelle seemed to put him in a flirty mood even though he was a yound adult.
    CrZN6Fi.png

• Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Angel, Charity, Chaunce, Karma, Zachariah, Bodhi, Faith, and Hope spent the winter holiday together.

51096449173_1cfc8d329f_b.jpg

The triplets were very excited by all the presents!

51095904826_c8f1b32ee3_b.jpg

Chaunce was pretty excited too.

51096710090_7864ae3d7b_b.jpg

They all spent the next day at home.

51096710505_721b42be11_b.jpg

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    @Becka28

I'll start with an update involving the build stuff.

First, this is the Zalrian Residence after the end of their rotation. The Sun Rays from eco living made getting screenshots difficult while the lot was active.

51096464427_0f8819e778_h.jpg

Believe it or not, this is still a work in progress, and it will be a while before I return to the Zalrian household and make more progress.
    51096463102_8a0c22ba5f_b.jpg

51096913188_b986a5d8de_h.jpg

Here's what I did to start the build. It took a me a couple attempts to figure out what I wanted to do. Eventually, I went from a merfolk beachside village to something that combines artificial constructs with natural constructs. It's still a work in progress. The waterfalls and Aquariums are the walls of what is supposed to be a natural rock formation that has an ancient spring of fresh water at the peak. The rest of the house is constructed by the merfolk that call this place home.
    51096370756_ac14a41ae1_h.jpg

51096448004_434953149c_b.jpg

This is the current appearance of Aquarius Atoll, the remote reef shoreline (formerly Reef Finery) that merfolk come from. I had to make up some kind of place of origin for the merfolk since there aren't any underwater lots. The Island of St. Taz is covered with lush jungle and has the most water, so that island in particular is the place all my merfolk call home. Mua Pel'Am is ultimately the original origin for all merfolk, but the island is dedicated to conservation, the beach, and a national park.

51096912208_352b453012_b.jpg

As for the mansion build, I shared this to the gallery last night. It's a mansion entrance hall. The gaps in the wall are to allow natural light to illuminate the space for screenshots and mark where potential doors can be. This is kinda what I had in mind with my update. The merfolk home does have a similar shape, but it's more freeform as its a natural rock structure that merfolk built their home around. However, the general basic design does have potential if it's developed more. This is actually made using three separate rooms and deleting the floor for one of the rooms.

51096911598_718c49b8ea_h.jpg

And, these are some interesting bloopers. Some of these bugs actually make me think that, if certain clothing was designed for the merform, there could be even more options for customizing merfolk, but nothing that I have in mind is available with the Island Living pack. I'm thinking about how certain skirts and alternate tops could be made available for the torso.

This fusion of work outfits and the merform happens when merfolk are in the water and leave for work. While a little strange with certain outfits, it wouldn't take much to imagine an outfit made out of different materials and tailored to the human torso and fins. Regardless, it was a strange development, and I am trying to look for something more because I feel like merfolk need more development. The outfits in the spoilers were just strange while other bugs were simply from too many merfolk overwhelming the game's processing power. The change from merform to human form has a tad bit of lag, so merfolk don't instantly change form. The bugs are extremely temporary and more hilarious than a problem for me.

Lyric changed into his life guard uniform before leaving for work. The sash is something I could see being an alternative to the netting if it was made out of seaweed. A skirt or waist band around the transition between torso and tail is also something I can see merfolk wearing. It would be a belt of sorts, and that could be functional attire, especially if a merperson needed their hands free for something. They could tie objects to the belt/ wait band.

51097172615_102410ca53_b.jpg

Kemps was running late for work. My merfolk sleep in the water instead of beds. It's more efficient for managing their hydration and energy needs. So, I guess I see things the developers didn't anticipate because I have the feeling they didn't plan on someone trying to prioritize any and all possible actions and interactions in and under the water with merfolk that are aquatic by nature.
    51097174335_722245a2b9_h.jpg

Lyric decided that he needed to swim with an umbrella open.
    51096448974_018e53720e_b.jpg

Lyric: "I'ma umbrella shark." (Low key, I wish there was an interaction that allowed merfolk to go low into the water like this.)

51096448954_746fdb8e1a_b.jpg

Kava Parties do things to merfolk.... (Juniper and his Dad Calum started to merge during the Kava Party with 20 to 30 merfolk)
    51096463877_ab241e4daf_b.jpg

Zeph: "I must've had way too much Kava because I think Uncle Kemps just fused with Haych."
    51096371091_4936550167_k.jpg

Panipo (the Vegetarian Doppelganger to the shark god Ukupanipo (Panipo is a vegetarian dish and I didn't know when I changed his name)) is standing. It's a miracle!
    51096370026_642d5cc967_z.jpg

Zeph and Dylan, the Elemental Spirits of the Sea and Sky, are also identical twins.

51096463732_02f2b8ab2c_b.jpg

Dylan is the Good Twin that wears the outfits given to him. He and his brother, at times, will wear their occult attire. I mean, it's normal not to hide your supernatural nature when you are on your home turf, and all of your neighbors are merfolk.
    51096913083_4c68446d29_b.jpg

51096448709_ea109276ba_c.jpg

Zeph isn't evil, but he is rebellious. He doesn't wear what's given to him even after I add the outfits to his wardrobe. No, he invents his own image. And... He actually does a pretty darn good job inventing his own image.
    51097172790_e86ea5536e_z.jpg

Zeph enjoys living in a green neighborhood with clear skies. He also likes to take other merpeople's harvest.
    51096371471_ec8a848418_c.jpg

51096911873_66bbd00c14_b.jpg

But Zeph won't stop with taking the Harvest... No, the stress of being rebellious that he put on himself pushes him to frequently visit and leave half-finished de-stressing herbal remedies on the stove. Life is stressful for a multi-millionaire that is 1 Simolean away from being a Billionaire.
    51097174205_55cbc736ac_b.jpg

51096911903_e167bd62c4_c.jpg

51096447704_9ed3c35d73_h.jpg

The things that happen in the background...
    51096370811_f6de9f6f45_k.jpg

Also, the merfolk now have a living room tailored to their needs. They can watch tv and listen to music while in the water.
    51096370601_9be033c89a_c.jpg
  • Options
    Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    Yesterday in my game, cassandra goth had twins with don!
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • Options
    Page 847 responses

@drakharis that sounds like a huge project. I look forward to seeing the story unfold. Ember is a Spellcaster in the Zalrian Family, so I'm just starting to really learn about spellcasters. I admit that Natural Magic sounds a lot like merfolk weather manipulation and elemental magic combined.

I'm going on a tangent, but weather manipulation and elemental magic also reminds me of that one time Dylan and Zeph unleashed a monsoon for three days straight, conjured lightning, and summoned lava bombs. That's some devastating stuff to a lot. The poor townies must've thought it was the end of days, and the twins, together could have sustained the chaos indefinitely if they wanted to.

@DoodlyDoofus I enjoyed your updates like always. They are always good for a laugh.

@GrimlyFiendish It's nice of Grim to be so accommodating with his children.
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    Black is a popular color in Willow Creek recently, as several people have perished.

Dina Caliente has been an iconic citizen of greater Pleasantview for decades, admired and loathed for her marriage to Mortimer Goth in his last year. Despite being dismissed as a golddigger, Dina conducted herself with the dignity befitting a Mrs. Goth, and had built a thriving investment firm. She did remarry late in life, to Beau Broke, but Beau and she never lived in the same household, and it is suspected they only married because a tryst led to several chldren, the oldest being Javier Caliente. Beau regularly gave Dina large sums of money to support the children, but otherwise ignored them. Dina had in-home support from Quinn Burb, her daughter-in-law, who had mothered the child that Dina’s son Fabien adopted with his partner Kevin, before losing interest and moving out, leaving grandmother Dina with the burden of raising him. Now she has died of old age, however, leaving her To make matters worse, young Antonio (Quinn’s son) died of a lighting strike during Dina’s funeral. Quinn now has responsibility of several of Dina’s children, while grieving for her own and bracing for a legal battle with Fabien. The house has been left in the custody of Quinn for the purposes of raising the chidren, and will become Dina’s daughter’s Lacy’s when she becomes of age.

Lilith Dreamer, also a widow, has been doing surprisingly well in the wake of her husband’s death, despite having had several new children by Dirk in recent years. Her family is enormously supportive, especially her sister Angela and her daughter Helen Lothario. Lilith is an accomplished pianist, painter, and now novelist.

Angela Pleasant has a house full. After her father died, she and Dustin moved in with Kaylynn to help her stepmother maintain the house: Angela and Dustin had finally begun really raking in the dough, and it was needed to keep the Pleasant mansion from being reposessed. It helped that Dustin won the lottery, and then died of old age. Angela and Kaylnn are raising heir children together for the time being. Although the Pleasant girls hated their father’s mistress at first, Angela and Kaylynn developed a friendship over the years. Once the kids are of age, Angela would like to use her pile o’ money to rebuild her childhood home and retire there.

Mayor Gia Caliente has moved to Glimmerbrook, to a charming old house. Interestingly, her business client of many years, superstar Beau Broke, is continuing to live with her, and what’s more – paparazzi spotted a toddler’s bed with the furniture being moved in to the house. This confirms the gossip of many years standing that Gia isn’t just Beau’s media manager, but that the two have been living together as a couple this last decade. Beau was technically married to Dina, Gia’s aunt, and now that Dina is dead they may make things official. Beau’s relationship with his children by Dina, however, might strain their relationship: not only are the kids Gia’s cousins, but Beau’s ignoring them beyond giving them money is a massive PR bomb. Although she’s been a breath of fresh air into city government, she may need to distance herself from him, or compel her partner to take responsibility for his children, if she doesn’t want to be be a one-term mayor.

Mayor Caliente recently announced the hiring of a new executive team to run the city government. The move is part of a "cleaning house" strategy designed to replace old Pleasant-Broke loyalists with a team she can count on -- and it will also increase efficiency, by getting rid of corrupt officials who only had their positions through political connections, replacing them instead with accredited professionals. The team* are:
    - Mortimer Green, finance
    - Constance Lee, city planning
    - Maria Montoya, public safety
    - Karen Frawl, environment
    - Randall Shoop, health, education and aura
    - Moe Biehl, transportation
    - Gus Oddman, systems and utilities

The city's residents are excited about new blood but confused as to the responsibilities of some of those appointed. "What is aura and what does it have to do with health or education?" someone asked.

Don Lothario, improbably, is still alive and kicking.

* Please tell me someone recognizes this team. :D
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    The Island Elemental Twins Index:

https://theislandelementaltwins.blogspot.com/2020/12/index-httpsforums.html

The Mua Pel'Am Pod Goofball: Rylan Kailani

I really need to update the index, but that's on my to do list. For now, I'm braking up the updates by featuring a sim in the pod. So, the start of the post is near the beginning of the rotation while the last post is closer to the end of the rotation. Th only difference will be the sim that is featured.

It was another sunny day in Sulani, and Rylan had the brilliant idea to prank his own toilet...

51097172975_a5442efa1d_c.jpg

Naturally, he triggered his own prank...
    51096371741_286f3919b8_b.jpg

And I made him clean up his own mess.
    51096913448_1484b58046_z.jpg

As is typical of Kemps, he walks in at the perfect moments.

Kemps's thoughts: "What did you do?"
    51097172950_c52b12051f_b.jpg

Kemps's thoughts: "Oh he pranked his own toilet."
    51097174365_5e883e0399_b.jpg

If the first time wasn't bad enough, Rylan pranked the bathroom next to the pool the pod slept in... Effectively pranking his own toilet again... And triggering the prank... Again...
    51096463157_0f85be7d78_c.jpg

If twice wasn't bad enough, this literal genius pranked the toilet a third time and triggered it...
    51096463802_16807d4a0c_b.jpg

51096447439_28ae2838bf_c.jpg

Aside from his horrible track record at pranks, Rylan is a creative visionary.
    51097173485_343a37a6b3_b.jpg

Naturally, I framed it.
    51096912508_089e4e7a58_b.jpg

And put it on the wall.
    51096912493_b2ae84b837_c.jpg

I'm almost upset that this turned out to be a Masterpiece...
    51096447404_4642791c8f_c.jpg

It turns out that people want merfolk to be secret agents. I didn't get a chance to accept the offer, but I might change his careers... maybe... For all I know, Rylan might be able to pull off being a secret agent.
    51096447384_5d56ace55f_z.jpg

Rocking to Latin Pop, Rylan had another spark of inspiration...
    51096463617_454f53179d_b.jpg

51096448164_c404f23ee0_b.jpg

51096912343_ccb2a3eac5_b.jpg

Rylan was very pleased with his creation, so I framed it and named it "Strawberry Sunrise".
    51096369936_c8a4ea5187_h.jpg

Rylan: "It was supposed to be a tree at sunset. No one appreciates real talent these days."
    51096448124_10393f4ed8_b.jpg

In a moment of mindful zen, Rylan painted another masterpiece.
    51096463567_3f1acd3c81_c.jpg

With careful attention to detail,
    51096369916_b447a033de_b.jpg

Like trimming a bonsai tree,
    51096463527_6f63e780b6_b.jpg

He painted a true masterpiece no one else could accomplish.
    51096912268_3d8b25fb1a_w.jpg

Post edited by Metior_Ice on
  • Options
    sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    edited April 2021
    Hey everyone! I hope your Easter weekend is going well! I decided to post a playthrough I did awhile ago:) I had a second group of college students I have been playing during the weekdays while playing Simeon Silversweater and his family on the weekends (as well as a few other households). These sims have a special spot in my heart because I’ve played them all for a while. I’m posting in 2 parts. Believe me its in a much condensed format.

This time around, I have been playing in Sulani! Specifically my resident mermaid household. Family patriarch is Capn’ Eddie. A few of you might still remember him. He’s my beach bum vampire that’s been living in and around Oha Nali town for over a century after he was shipwrecked.
    I actually made Capn’ Eddie as a kooky neighbor a long time ago. I had a family living up by the volcano but no one ever showed up for the Welcome Wagon or other friendly neighborly dropbys. I made him to live at the Admiral Shipwreck site and gave him a fun backstory. He kept dropping by and was bringing food. He was so weird and cheerful at the same time, I fell in love with him lol.
    All The Young’ns
    Capn’ Eddie is also my main sims’ Griffin and Joanna Morecombe’s uncle (on their dad’s side). All the locals call him Capn’ Eddie, but his real name is Edmund. Eddie lives with his wife and kids in a very crowded house on the outskirts of O’hanli Town over by the lagoon.
    Capn’ Eddie’s was prepping for a party. Pork and rice traditional Island style
    MS2camB.png
    Meanwhile, Eddie’s wife Nalani Mahi’ai was baking a cake. MQa0BBH.png
    They were going to have birthdays today!! Eddie and Nalani have a full household. Their oldest set of twins, Dante and Apikalia have a birthday this afternoon. They are the kids on the far right and left. Eddie and Nalani also took in Duane Talla. Mostly because he’s Apikalia’s boyfriend. 9NJtZIx.png
    They also have 3 other younger children. Another set of twin boys...Kaimana and Kainalu (The two boys at the end of the table)
    And a young girl Maria Vasqeuz they have adopted as a care dependent (the little girl at the other end of the table) qYPgP6F.png
    I feel really bad about Maria. I was playing Eddie’s household when I was trying out a mod. I accidentally killed a ramdom NPC sim who was at the beach. All of a sudden this little girl sim also at the beach (Maria) started crying...turns out he was her dad:( I felt awful so I added her to Eddie’s household. No worries. She likes living with Eddie and Nalani. She has her own huge room.
    Eddie and Nalani have had their hands full with their offspring. The kids are awesome but they love to pester each other 68rE1eh.png
    8X9t1vt.png

Dante is the Weird One
    Ok, you will soon learn that Dante is a really weird sim. Nalani and Eddie are a mixed occult couple. Eddie is vampire and Nalani is a mermaid. 3 of their children are mermaids -Apikalia and the 2 younger twins. Dante the first born was a mermaid/vampire hybrid. He was born that way randomly
    Normally I don’t let them exist like this because they are very very buggy. But Dante is not! I did cheat him to be sunproof (I didn’t want him to burst into flames). He has no mermaid form, but does have a vampire dark form. He has the vampire socials, powers, and needs. He has the mermaid hydration need. He can call azure dolphin, change the weather, and has other mermaid powers but no tail! It doesn’t even pop up in CAS. He swims around with legs like any other sim. Poor dude
    Anyway, one afternoon Dante’s vampire energy was low and so was his hydration. I sent him out to sleep in the ocean to kill 2 birds with 1 stone. I was distracted with managing this full household...and this happened: OOPS
    Dante got a sunburn. “Ah man!! Now I’m gonna peel.” VvdejTn.png
    How!?! He should not be able to get one because he’s half vampire. Like I said he’s weird.
    Oooof. That’s gotta hurt X6ZxC1b.png
    He got inside and his sister Api immediately started making fun of him. “Ha hah! You look like a lobster!” lKXz5w1.png
    Eddie was horrified “Oh Son!” QxwNzOH.png
    Then he gave Dante the Beware of Sunlight lecture uGnq2mS.png

Twas the Night Before...Birthdays
    Dante, Api (Apikalia) and Duane decided to make their last night as teenagers an epic one.
    Dante has been dating a young witch, Healani Kahananui. She’s the youngest daughter of Alike and Mele Kahananui. Anyway, he asked her to go steady forever and ever and ever and gave her a promise ring Hld3hNS.png
    Ahh so squishy cDEo2Yq.png
    Then they shared their first kiss. Maria thought it was icky rb4EG2Z.png
    So did I Maria lol
    They all gathered at the local bonfire JQomGu5.png
    And did a fire dance 7cjCaCD.png
    As ya do HlZmz2p.png

Now back to the birthdays!
    The cake was baked and the fire pit nearly finished. Time for birthdays! Dante was the first (you can see his fangs here:) FoiKfvJ.png
    I showed a collective picture because Dante, Api, Duane, and Nalani were all aging up and that’s way too many screenshots vV3xKss.png
    Kaimana called his mom old EXmiY3j.png
    She was not to happy about that comment HZnpCA5.png
    Eddie thinks she’s gorgeous no matter what (they are both adults at this point) PQnXVrm.png
    Time for cake YPJsvUc.png
    And Dinner EiPaNMI.png
    FzPdpL7.png
    After dinner, Eddie made a batch of his famous kava. The kids were old enough to drink it now!
    j3ZEc2i.png
    Poor Dante’s mermaid derp moments lol I6ddEqy.png

Healani’s Birthday Moment
    Back at the Kahananui’s household....its Healani’s birthday!! She lives with her parents, sister, brother-in-law Marcus and little nephew. BW8EhSU.png
    Her mom was no where in sight so her older sister Akela baked the cake N9G4y4n.png
    It was good 9stFRCq.png
    She aged up beautifully kLq0pk4.png
    Next post. University!!!!
    Post edited by sarabeth2984 on
  • Options
    sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    edited April 2021
    Hey everyone (AGAIN LOL) Here’s is my next post!!
    First off...Comments and Replies
    @imsands OMG poor Mom Landgraab! That must have been hilarious XD
    @drakharis
    @mightysprite Thanks for liking my Simeon and his family!
    @daephene I never would of thought of that causing blond children being born in game...good to know!! Thanks for the info! :)
    I enjoyed seeing your sims in their training sessions. Mark is so cool looking. I love his hair
    @grimlyfiendish Congrats to Lilitu! I am glad that she has found love after the death of her husband, I am looking forward to reading about Grim meeting Malachi!
    @doodlydoofus AHHH! Your updates send me into hysterics!!!! :D
    @lyrie I love your sims too. I seriously hope Dec can get back on his feet emotionally soon and move on with his life. I have a feeling his daughter is going to grow up beautifully. She has a lot of great role models around her:)
    Thank you for loving Simeon too! He’s a hoot. I dunno why I like the guy lol I just do lol. Definitely open a retail shop! I think you will really like it. You can make way more money that way than selling from a market table. I also love having my sims whole family help out in the store :)
    Thanks for liking my elves too! Believe it or not, my game randomly generated the new Sage of Untamed magic. I had to save him on the gallery. He had a wardrobe update of course lol
    I am going to check out that mod by Zulf. It sounds awesome. I can’t wait to see Hazel’s and Rainbow’s preteen makeover!
    @samdenny I hate when the game engine does that! Ghosts don’t need jobs! It always gives my retired sims in my retirement villa jobs too, even when they officially retired :(
    @becka28 Hello!! I hope you had a lovely Easter and got to see your sister! Thank you for liking my Esme in her elf costume lol :D She always stares at me accusingly with that grumpy face typical of bearded dragons, from her basking rock in her terrarium. I envision her thinking…”Go find a boyfriend or have a kid ya weirdo. But first feed me blueberries.”
    I loved seeing the update with Slate. He’s such a cool alien...is he on the Gallery because I would love to add him to my save! He’s awesome. He’s living a long and successful life. :)
    OMG Dwight!! XD He kept getting abducted. But his daughter is beautiful
    Mirabelle is a cool looking sim! You are right that noncommittal trait is so hard to play. I am looking forward to seeing her age up to a YA and pursue a career.
    @daravi It was really cool seeing your 1950s decade! You are right the 50s were an odd decade to live in. My grandmother was a teen in the 1950s. She described it as being a very odd mix of highly materialistic ideas, but also ultra conservative at the time.
    @rouensims Those triplets are precious!
    @metior_ice I really enjoyed seeing your tour of your Zalrian House. It looks cool!

Ok on to my second post. This is it I promise.
    So the last batch of college students overlapped with my incoming students….
    Here’s what happened to my last crew
    Link to last post of them: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17834097#Comment_17834097
    Miles Feng and Aubrey Feng (formerly Roswell)
    Newly married Miles Feng and Aubrey Roswell moved into Mile’s family apartment/loft. With his parents. The Fengs! Lol. I moved them to another larger apartment then the one they ship in and redecorated it. Its swanky. Victor and Lily were so proud of the match that they commissioned a family photo shoot. And gave me ample opportunity to try out some poses and pose player! Victor and Lily strike a handsome pose pLrG7zM.png
    So do Miles and Aubrey CrbqKll.png
    All together 66LpMYN.png
    They enjoyed a kiss on the balcony hot tub B9BLExw.png
    Both have jobs. Miles went into engineering and Aubrey into social justice/advocate

Dustin and Casey Hecking
    Dustin and Casey Hecking got engaged while at University. They decided to tie the knot after graduation. They both moved into Casey’s family home, with his parents Brent and Brant kHRe7zc.png
    Both guys wanted a private wedding in an exotic locale. Sulani!!
    It was gorgeous tpyup9k.png
    ZyH7bMz.png
    Unfortunately they went in monsoon season so it quickly started pouring rain. The had to stay indoors for their mai tais. But they enjoyed meeting the locals PvJlkg4.png
    Local beach bum Capn’ Eddie congratulated them on their wedding:) mNC16kL.png
    These 2 are too cute AKhHVhC.png

Back to my incoming students!
    So y’all met my last batch of new students, Capn’ Eddie’s kids. They all got scholarships and were accepted into Britechester University. They moved into my Occult Dorm House I modified. Its right by the lake at Britechester University which is handy for mermaids, there’s a coffin in one of the rooms upstairs for vampires, and a garden spot for spellcasters to grow plants for their ingredients. Can you tell these kiddos come from Sulani? I can’t… 7PJ4Ytq.png
    Well obviously they bought clothes to blend in. Besides, it's noticeably colder here in the northern climes than tropical Sulani. They quickly bought some university apparel:) Duane was really getting into university spirit here LXd6UtN.png
    I’m condensing the whole 3 semesters here. Just added in the most fun parts. Otherwise it’ll take too long to post.
    Everyone is enjoying the change of scenery. Its a bit of a culture shock. No more sand. No ocean. All Brick roads and bikes! DkAv0DH.png
    Apikalia, Dante, Duane, and Healani moved their few belongings into their new house. They found 2 new roommates waiting for them! A vampire named Samantha Gratz, and a human named Parvati Jabari (she’s the daughter of Thomas Jabari and Geeta Rasoya. These 2 ladies soon became fast friends. xkjo6bO.png
    Parvati got in because I like her and wanted to play her until her semester was finished :)

Homework
    Homework. Just posting a few screenshots because y’all get the idea!
    Here’s some pics. Not many because BORING!
    Homework. LOTS of homework Jr8bh2d.png
    Writing term papers uY7D5MX.png
    Prepping for presentations gsx6f2K.png

Occult life
    University life is difficult on its own, but having the extra problem of living as a vampire/mermaid/ witch doesn’t make it any easier. Dante and Samantha soon became fast friends. Besides his dad, Dante was the only vampire living in Sulani. He can finally complain about being a vampire with another vamp his own age! Or talk about that epic explosion on the latest King Kong vs Godzilla movie (they were watching a movie here) sLZxSPR.png
    Followed up by a plasma pack TZApLti.png
    Of course poor Dante is also a vampire/mermaid hybrid. He does have the occasional mermaid derp squeak moment pmYjWeB.png
    So he usually joins his mermaid twin sister Apikalia for a dip in the nearby lake when his hydration need is low eEs4IIk.png
    PO7opFq.png
    Healani the witch likes to practice her Craft in the backyard v66tNVV.png

Spirit Club and Debate Team
    Apikalia and her boyfriend Duane decided to join University Spirit Club. They loved attending Spirit Club night. The other roommates loved to tag along too
    I crack up at tiny little Apikalia- if we had height sliders in this game, I’d imagine she’d barely be 5 feet tall or something QqEjmnB.png
    Samantha and Parvati always had fun UNH2QdO.png
    This handsome dude (he’s a random townie can you believe it!?) named Raghavan kept hanging around them. 54V1I3n.png
    Samantha took a shine to him. UcXYFAF.png
    They wound up exchanging phone numbers. He liked it! RyfRWO5.png
    Duane and Api loved all the University Spirit activities. They painted murals mFjEaly.png
    And cleaned up the Britechester statue whenever it was TP’d 9SZB7dY.png
    Dante and Samantha joined the Debate Team SFmCBhd.png

Pub Nite
    They always met up at the pub after finals and on weekends to relax and have fun ZMh0geJ.png
    UsCxaXO.png
    You could always find them upstairs playing beer pong pLeghKV.png
    Samantha picked up extra cash bartending too 1tfjt0v.png
    My game always cast her as an NPC bartender before I added her to the household so she has a high mixology skill! Ph4Bjos.png

Who Ya Gonna Call?
    One evening, the lights began to flicker. A phantom baby was heard crying. Healani came up to Samantha in a terror. SuWFw9o.png
    Weird things were happening!! Dante knew who just to call.
    His cousin Joanna! She was working as a ghost huntress these days. A knock soon came at the door uxJgLrR.png
    She was confident as usual. Hey Coz! Check out my license! I can take care of the problem for you:) eWsJSjh.png
    Maybe….wvAXLhx.png
    I was totally excited because I was playing as Joanna at the time and her ghosthunting gig sent her here!
    Samantha had to comment-This used to be such a nice neighborhood:(
    Joanna set to work pDwpbNi.png
    There was definitely something creepy going on here. Soon after her seance, Things started popping up.
    What the $##$ is up with this creepy a$$ doll!!?! eVk2lxL.png
    Joanna got rid of them all VzHluu6.png
    zLzARQf.png
    Problem solved! Joanna flew away home on her broom.

Friendships and Romance
    Soon after, Samantha got a call from Raghavan. He asked her out on a date! She accepted. It sent her to the bar in Selvadorada???
    That was quite a commute for a date there Samantha. Anywho. The date went very well Q77quHA.png
    They are now officially dating cpHoxPb.png
    Their relationship rapidly progressed! ua8u0Ax.png
    Welp this one encounter led to a pregnancy (I have risky woohoo set to 3%) rE9hqY0.png
    She told Raghavan. Note...I wasn’t a huge fan of him. Turns out this guy is goofball, clumsy, and noncommittal. I am not hopeful for this relationship. VvyJUVD.png
    But Raghavan grew on me. Especially after this reaction to learning he was going to be a father! qjuwOAn.png
    She asked him to move in. He did! Later, Sam told her good friend Parvati about her pregnancy. Parvati was so happy BgYPVoA.png
    These 2 gals are besties. tzyk8Ty.png
    Which was really sad when Parvati graduated and had to leave MAug7pQ.png
    My other couples were disgustingly adorable as usual. Dante and Healani were quite passionate o5UmZRi.png
    And cute Apikalia and Duane are both bros and have both a romance and a bromance lol dE4rOyR.png

Graduation
    Soon the terms were finished! They graduated!! This was the biggest turnout ever O4eZC09.png

Afterwards
    After graduation, Apikalia and Duane bought a small fixer upper in Sulani. Duane graduated with a degree in Biology and works in conservation. Api has a degree in Culinary science and is now a chef. No picks because I haven't tackled their house yet.
    Dante and his girlfriend Healani moved back to his family home. Healani works in business and Dante is now a conservationist.
    So what happened to Samantha and her beau Raghavan? She moved back home to her vampire “clan's” house in Forgotten Hollow. 1Lekt3y.png
    I move all my unplayed vampire sims into the same households to nice houses in Forgotten Hollow. They all belong to the same “clubs” (clans). I set the highest ranking vampire as head of the club/clan. Vlad Bloodvein is a grandmaster vampire so he’s head of this club. He’s the grumpy dude on the right. Actually he’s a sweetheart but he has the scared-of-the-sun weakness so he gets tense during daylight hours. The gal in yellow is his wife Innocence 087tXTp.png
    I include them because they’re the couple that raised and trained up Samantha. She turned into a vampire when she hit puberty. Her mom kicked her out when she turned. Samantha doesn’t remember much of her childhood or even who she was. She calls these folks family and this place home. Rumor has it she is actually the unknown daughter of Caleb Vatore.
    *my personal tin foil theory lol. All these vampires can be downloaded off the Gallery. They are official Maxis creations Vlad, Inna Cents (innocense), and Elle are the “Noble Vampires” household
    Samantha Gratz I think is part of the Ambitious Vampires (includes Brandi, Samantha, and Demetrius.) I think they must have used Caleb or Lilith Vatore as her CAS template. She has the same body and a lot of the same facial features of both (especially Lilith). Plus everytime I make a daughter for Caleb using the genetics feature, she comes out looking like Samantha Gratz!
    Its my official lore anyway lol

Her other roommate is Elle de Vampira. Elle was really excited when Samantha broke the news she is pregnant C6gtIUt.png
    Not as excited as Vlad apparently DuP26uz.png
    Elle is single and raising a human daughter she adopted as a care dependent, Shaunya. Shaunya will remain human DjU8QjY.png
    Their other roommate is single and lovin’ it bachelor Demetrius Troyer. He is a bit of a workaholic SjufD6d.png. They all have their own wings of the house they live which include a private bedrooms, bathroom, and living room areas. Although there is a communal living room, dining room, full service kitchen, game room in the basement, etc.
    Anyway. Samantha went through her third trimester. They soon welcomed a baby girl to their little family 6V39gia.png
    Raghavan is a very doting father jUMhwJQ.png.
    Samantha works a scientist. Raghavan works in IT.

Till next time!
  • Options
    DarkAngel1994DarkAngel1994 Posts: 771 Member

Sorry for the delay. I was going to post this last week, but ended up staying at my dad's place for a week to finally see him and my siblings.

Update: Chapter Three: The Party's Just Begun
    uFAQmgW.png
    pw0213q.png?1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top