Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I made some changes to my Historic Tiny Home & saved it in the Gallery.
  • Options
    CheesySimsLoverCheesySimsLover Posts: 258 Member
    edited March 2021
    Pregnant Erin practiced parenthood with her nephew and niece, Falcon and Fallon.

imgGgGrxIG.png
    MFRJIlk.png
    UVW4VHy.png
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    Just did a kava party with 8 hosts and almost 15 guests. Needless to say, removing all surfaces sims can sit on is the way to force a kava toast.

Holy barnacles, I'm happy that step of the aspiration is done.

This wasn't a part of the story, but the laid-back trait is pretty useful and helps with managing satisfaction points.
  • Options
    Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    yesterday in my game Tristan aged up to Elder- and got an A at University. I'm going to see if i can make him graduate!
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • Options
    I was playing around with possible occult outfits for the mermaids. My idea is that the merfolk in the pod, and the merfolk that are closest to the pod still have remnants of their mermadic nature represented in the outfits they wear. The pod is from Under the Sea, so how they look on land is meant to represent that disconnect from how humans look. It's also one of the ways that my legacy merman sims can approach the 7 other mermen Elder Heirs and recruit them to his club.

Anyways, here are some of the outfits I've decided to use for mermadic occult attire. While the sims have the option to wear these outfits, they don't have to, at least, I won't make them use it outside of Sulani but they can still choose to wear what they want.

Mermaid Party Attire
    51001914160_da833013a7_b.jpg

For this one, I'm pretty much copying the Elemental's Party attire.

51071099476_796a1580d5_b.jpg

Mermaid Everyday Attire
    51071099466_662486b4ce_b.jpg

51071196472_9b62625a6c_b.jpg

Most of these outfits might be various arrangements of color and pattern.

51070403928_181535f3c7_b.jpg

A Mermaid's Natural Form
    While the human outfits are meant to be a disguise and the occult outfits are meant to be a human disguise that fails to hide their mermadic nature, the mermaid form is a mermaid's true form.

51071099436_ab24274134_b.jpg

51070403903_c82b3ec22c_b.jpg

51070403888_a02fc0f4c2_b.jpg

I'm skipping over the merman attire because most of that has been shared with the Zalrian Household updates. The Zalrian Household is mostly Mermen with the ladies of the household being other occults. So, I think those updates have given mermen enough of a spotlight to show off their typical merman attire.

• Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    I may soon have to take out the mod that makes turning sims into vampires autonomous, since my vams have been running wild with their fangs. 10+ new vampires in a month's time is a bit too much, don't you guys think?
  • Options
    I may soon have to take out the mod that makes turning sims into vampires autonomous, since my vams have been running wild with their fangs. 10+ new vampires in a month's time is a bit too much, don't you guys think?

That does sound like a lot. I need to dig up the screenshot, but the game gets serious lag when you get enough merfolk gathered together. I can only imagine the vampires turning into bats and flying around everywhere.

I low key almost want Jade to stand in the sun too long again (she's nearly died like 3 times from just standing in the sun) because she goes everywhere via transforming into a bat...

I'm sorry, I was spending so much time trying to do a kava toast so I could get gold for the aspiration that I didn't get screenshots. I'll host another Kava Party for a proper story update now that I completed the Aspiration Task, or Milestone.
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    Today I've tried to build further on my next 2nd Decade challenge, but after I have stared over 20 minutes on my build without doing much changes, I think I should give up and try it another day. My house, a mansion is based on a real mansion. In the early 2000 I had a favourite tv show, which called (translation in english) Adventure 1900, where a bunch of people used to lived after the rules of 1900 for 8 weeks, from the nobles til the kitchen maid. I don't really know or remember the exact floorplan, so I guessed a little bit.

When I see all these rooms, I really asked myself, what do rich people with so much space? I mean, the nobles had a dozen of staff and they had to sleep somewhere, but today? I really do wonder. The real mansion is now an inoffical museum, after the series has ended, the today owners left it.

Front

tsX4n6U.png

Backside

mHBnHUq.png
    Groundfloor where the kitchen and staff bedrooms were.

tnZ2KcT.png

first floor, were the living, dining, and other society rooms lied

HRTORVN.png

second floor (bedrooms for the masters and the higher ranked staff (like butlers)

cP8SyVO.png

This is so far the master bedroom.

oZ77QzF.png
  • Options
    Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    in my game salinas had twins! Candance and Jasper! Humpberto also graduated! tho we may lose him soon. Also tho on another note his wife saved him from death from overexhertion (too much Woohooing/ Trying for baby)
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • Options
    melliealetheamelliealethea Posts: 35 Member
    I played through a lot of my legacy challenge!

First Date
    and only date. i don't make my sims go out often lol
    JNBhBgZ.png

First Kiss
    ZbxsP01.png

Pregnant! Ft. Friend
    unknown.png?width=657&height=676

Baby is Born :)
    unknown.png?width=764&height=676
    :)
  • Options
    sims_premadesims_premade Posts: 789 Member
    @melliealethea I thought this all happened on the same day when I first read this! :D
    hqEK2sI.png

• Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    Madame Mayor! Bookies were chuckling at the surprise defeat of Interim Mayor Debra Broke to a younger rival, Gia Caliente. Having served as the right hand of late Mayor Mary Sue Pleasant in the final years of her 20+ year administration, Debra assumed she would be a shoe-in. Although some disaffection against Pleasant and her heir had to be expected, Debra figured the number of people running would nicely divide her opponents and secure her an easy victory. What didn't realize was that Gia was very good at playing her cards close to her vest, building support among Pleasant/Broke's traditional backers without letting Debra realize what kind of challenge she'd actually be. Gia will need to retire from the military as a matter of course, but it remains to be seen if she'll abandon lucrative position as singer-songwriter Beau Broke's media manager.

Debra's fate was possibly sealed when the Pleasant family itself changed their support in the last weeks from Broke to Caliente: Daniel Pleasant helped by dying of old age, and the Pleasant heir Ivan (lest we forget) was Gia's high school sweetheart. Presumably they might've married had he been mature enough to commit in his younger years: as it was, she gave up waiting for him and moved on. Ivan has grown into manhood nicely, serving as a banking president and a community leader with five children. (Nina, it seems, is very good at making twins.)

Quinn Burb has been a daily visitor to Dina Caliente's estate, there to spend time with the son she surrendered for adoption by her brother Kevin, and his partner Fabien Caliente -- both of whom live with Dina. Quinn had young Antonio while in high school, but appears to regret letting him go. Dina Caliente is toying with the idea of inviting Quinn to live with her in the mansion, if for no other reason than to have help with her OWN three kids by her 'husband' Beau Broke. (Beau and Dina are married, but Beau has preferred living in Del Sol with his media manager Gia. There's a lot of gossip about what his and Gia's relationship actually is.
  • Options
    JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Last night I thought I'd quickly play through the three base game nature aspirations with a new sim. Created him with the Curator aspiration, Loner trait so I could ignore the Social need, Slob trait so he doesn't trigger an Uncomfortable moodlet over ever puddle, and ... I can't seem to recall the third. Somehow thought this would be too easy so also decided to play it as a sort of Rags to Riches and make him live off-grid.

The little 20x20 plot on the island in WindenBurg is my current favorite so I set his home there, set it Private and Off-Grid, robbed him of all his money, then set off in survival mode. Managed to dig up and sell enough to buy a sink, park style grill, and super cheap shack of a house and catch a fish for his first meal. I managed take care of his needs without sneaking in a bar to steal chips and sponge bathe in their restroom ... barely. Then just as I got his needs fairly stabilized he somehow managed to set the grill on fire to the point it had to be replaced. I really didn't think you could burn a park grill to the point it had to be replaced, didn't have the funds to replace it at the time, seriously considered saying '🐸🐸🐸🐸 game' and cheating him the money, but then managed to scrounge around for stuff to sell and make enough to replace the grill just in time for the next meal.

For a while it was mostly running around digging up sellables with occasional fishing for meals then working at getting the needs back up. When finally had time enough to start on the gardening I started looking around for harvestable to plant on my plot, but nothing around my sim was growing flowers or fruits yet. Money was no longer tight at that point so just bought some seed packets and started a garden of flowers. They sprouted and grew as my sim built his gardening skill but never sprouted flowers, a couple of them evolved to 'nice' but then they all declined till one by one they started giving off the dreaded green dead plant vapor. Deciding the soil or some hidden sim trait may not be good enough I bought three planter boxes and new seeds and set to my second try at a garden. As the first garden died away my second garden safely in their planters sprouted and grew ... then stopped. No flowers, no need for water or other care, and all the wild plants around still not yielding flowers or fruits. Thinking how stupid I must be I exited the game and reloaded it. My second garden was then very much in need of watering and every wild plant around was full of harvestables. Heavy hand slap to the forehead.

Rest of the night progressed relatively smoothly. Collected enough Satisfaction Points to slow several of the needs. He managed to set his grill on fire a second time. Exasperated sigh, clicked 'replace'. Upgraded his bed, bought the really pricey off grid stove and fridge, and expanded his shack to accommodate them. By that time money was no longer a problem, an item that would complete any of the several collections that were just one item away from complete is what I really wanted but kept getting plenty of the collectables I had already had. Then I spotted green vapor in the second garden and thought I was going to loose it, but saw it was just my sim passing gas due to his Slob trait. Thanks guy, I really needed that.

This morning I managed to get up a little early and play an hour before work. FINALLY completed the Curator aspiration, fishing and gardening aspirations are in that frustrating stages of catching 20 different species of fish and waiting for enough plants to evolve. Could probably complete it all with another night of play tonight, but by the time I get home tonight I'll probably have thought up some other plan of fun aggravation.
    The cake is a lie
  • Options
    The Island Elemental Twins Index:

https://theislandelementaltwins.blogspot.com/2020/12/index-httpsforums.html

The Mua Pel'Am Pod Elder: Kemps

Despite all the time I spend in Sulani, there are still elements of Island Living I needed to remind myself about before starting my rags to riches household in Sulani. So, I've been working through the Beach Life aspiration with the Mua Pel'Am Pod and refining the way merfolk appear in my game.

For now, Kemps is still working through the Island Living Part Time Careers and doing a lot of mundane stuff. Anyways, I thought I would share a few more details about merfolk attire in my game. With Kemps as the model, here are a few side by side pictures featuring kemps merform and merfolk attire from each outfit category. The thing that makes merfolk attire merfolk attire is how the outfit features, in human form, the same outfit a mer has in their merform. If the game had underwater lots where merfolk could live and do things with special underwater lots in an underwater neighborhood, the merfolk would have the attire from their merform. In fact, merfolk attire is something I've primarily used at their home lot.

Anyways, I could share hundreds of pictures, so Kemps should be a good example as the pod's primary leader. I'm still working on collecting enough screenshots for a story update, but I figure a little background info can't hurt.

Merfolk Attire

Everyday Outfit

51074504007_5fd0a3cb9c_c.jpg

Formal Outfit

51005222550_40246b3991_c.jpg

Active Outfit (Instead of going for a Jog, merfolk might go for a swim.)

51005222525_7ccb0e0131_c.jpg

Sleep Outfit

51074503742_f780a0e96e_c.jpg

Party Outfit

51074400051_f3a3d69440_c.jpg

Swim Outfit
    51074503987_d82ce7a498_c.jpg

Water has temperature variations just like on land, so the outfit variations would reflect the difference between tropical waters and colder deep waters and arctic waters.

Hot Weather Outfit
    51005222565_e9102ae269_c.jpg

Cold Weather Outfit
    51073706428_18edc87a71_c.jpg

Kemps wears what I consider to be more formal attire with more use of the netting top than most other merfolk.
  • Options
    Keidra wrote: »
    Hey everyone, long time no post. Just wanted to pop in here really fast in case any of you was following me here, and say I will no longer be posting here, or my Instagram or my Tumblr for that matter. I'm 100% withdrawing from the larger Sims community. I will still be working on my stories, but it will be expressly and solely on my stories site, probably slow as hekkk, and once they're done I won't be writing in the Sims fandom anymore.

I wish everyone fortune, happiness, good health, and I hope you all always get what you deserve. ♥ Oh, and happy Simming.

I just started following your updates. Can you share a link to your story site? I'd still be interested in following things even if I might be less active on other sites and threads.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    @DoodlyDoofus oh man that was amazing.

@Lyrie your story is really beautiful. I'm rooting for Hazel! <3 Would you consider making a thread on the stories challenges and legacies forum so that people can keep up with your story and read the past updates more easily if they wish?
  • Options
    @haneul I just saw my tag, but I didn't receive a notification.

I'm thinking of getting Jade a Coffin. It might be a similar issue to merfolk not autonomously sleeping in the ocean. I have waterfront properties in Sulani, but they only sleep autonomously when there is a pool. lol. I may need a Coffin so Jade can replenish her energy. I've saved her from Death 3 times now.

As for merfolk, I prefer to have them subtle too, but I'm also frustrated with the lack of an underwater neighborhood with special underwater lots for merfolk. I've been fighting with myself over the right balance for merfolk, and I want them to use their merattire at home while being less obvious outside the home.

I may be getting close to a solution that will end up with me deleting all the extra outfits and utilizing the swimwear exclusively for merfolk attire. The important thing is that whatever they wear in their merform is what they also wear in their human form, as if they were underwater in their merform.

My retail store is kept a float with cheats and the simple fact that my sims buy stuff they normally buy from the catalog from the store.

As for the colorfulness of the merfolk, I have three that wear darker colors, and Kemps became enemies with one of them while I was playing the Zalrian household. :D
  • Options
    sims_premadesims_premade Posts: 789 Member
    It's Year 21 in my rotation game, I had;
    • 1 25 year wedding anniversary - Bob & Eliza Pancakes
    • 1 adoption - Bryony Landgraab
    • 1 break up - Marcus Flex and Isobel Townie
    • 4 children birthday - Connor Lobo, William Goth, Craig Scott and Freddie Landgraab
    • 1 death - Keala Hoopla
    • 1 elder birthday - Bella Goth
    • 2 house moves - Morgan Fyres and Duane Talla
    • 2 new couples - Emily Le Chien and Simon Feng, Nadia Bheeda and Joseph Townie
    • 2 pregnancies - Cassandra Goth, Elsa Bjergsen, Olivia Lewis
    • 4 promotion - Benjamin Townie, Arun Bheeda, Brant Hecking and Pierce Delgato
    • 3 teenager birthdays - Christian Richards, Amanda Villareal and Mia MUnhc
    • 2 young adult birthdays - Danny Pancakes and Alanis Kahananui

It was definitely a busy year!
    hqEK2sI.png

• Options
    @Lyrie I'm petitioning for Dec to get an intervention! Hazel and Rainbow are cute together.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    So, I have about 1 and a half sim weeks before I start my Sulani Rags to Riches challenge.

My rules are simple. I'm limiting my sim to Island Living Content and whatever he can afford to buy from the Undine Emporium run by Kemps.

My sim will be a merman. 🧜🏼‍♂️

He will be a teenager with the goal to get all 5 character values in the positive for the traits.

He will be limited to 1 odd job a week for income.

He can beach comb for shells, and he can sell only one collectible per week.

Items that can't be purchased in a store, for example: rugs, counters, roof objects like solar panels and wind turbines, can be purchased from the catalog.

Lot Traits will be limited to Island Living Lot Traits: Volcanic Activity, Island Spirits, and Off the Grid.

Using Carl's Guide, I identified which levels unlock different things. So, when a sim reaches these levels in handiness, they should be able to perform upgrades on the objects used in the room. The Logic skill can take a long time to build up. If more than one sim is in the household, I would delay things more by requiring all of them to reach these levels. Items for a room can be purchased from the store.

Mandatory Steps for Building a Bathroom.
    Level 2 Handiness
    Level 3 Logic

Mandatory Steps for Building a Bedroom
    Level 4 Handiness
    Level 4 Logic

Mandatory Steps for Building a Kitchen/ Dining Room
    Level 5 Handiness
    Level 5 Cooking (Unlocks Gourmet Cooking and allows your sim to cook food the eat in a restaurant or from a food stall)
    Level 6 Logic

Mandatory Steps for Building a Family Living Room
    Level 7 Handiness
    Level 7 Logic

Mandatory Steps for Building a Study with a Computer
    Level 8 Handiness
    Level 9 Logic

For waterfront lots and building pools:
    Mandatory Steps for Building a Hot Tub and Bar
    Level 10 Handiness
    Level 4 Mixology
    Level 10 Logic
    20,000 Simoleans (Pools require the catalog)

Money Goal:
    200,000 (The required amount to complete the Fabulously Wealthy Aspiration)

I'm certain that I'm forgetting something, and I had to dig up one of my oldest posts from when I experimented with the challenge to add to this post.

After everything I've done in the game, I'm still setting up my households. I did have a few glitches brake my saves and force a restart.
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    @Metior_Ice
    Most of the new vamps are untrained and will in several cases likely remain so, as they are constantly in a bad mood, which makes training impossible, so thankfully there is not much flying going on. Almost none of my played sims have bat form, either, because it´s bugged in my game: sims who have always move as ba bath turned on would constantly drop actions like cooking, washing the dishes and cleaning up the trash, which makes them useless in family setting. I much prefer the super speed, even though it takes longer to gain.
    One of my vamps recently burnt in the sun and he was an old one, not a newbie, just a really foolish exemplar with an unfortunate love for autonomous gardening, no matter what the weather was like. As I was not particularly fond of him, it did not sadden me to see him die.
    I ended up taking the mod out, since I don´t want everyone in my game to be a vampire, especially sims I don´t like and am actively waiting to die of old age.
  • Options
    @AngeliqueAdelaide Jade is a teenager, and I caught her standing in the sun checking her phone for a status update. :D I died when you mentioned the unfortunate love of gardening. Did you give him an indoor garden, or make an indoor garden for any of your vamps?
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    It seems that the game struggles with having Dylan and Zeph on the same lot. They are identical twins and very very difficult to tell apart when they are next to each other. It's almost like the game doesn't want the player to get confused.

When they both appeared at the karaoke bar, they immediately both left.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top