Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tarot Mafia Round 5 - Upright Cards (Town) Win!

Comments

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Pandorrax4 wrote: »
    xSongx wrote: »
    And why do you think Song’s town again?

I don't really know how to describe it. Let me pull out a past game where she was mafia and you can see. Hold on.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/986564/flower-garden-mafia-game-alien-win-pg-41/p26

Looking through all her isolated posts from that game, it seems like she was pretty hard to read. I can’t quite put my finger on it. Doesn’t help that a bunch of her posts there are talking about the roles or something.

The biggest thing is that I kept calling her scum there and someone asked who I would kill and I kept on saying Song but she totally didn't try to rebut it or to prove that she's good. She completely ignored all of my posts that were like that.

Over here in this game, when I expressed by doubts, she would say that she's not the baddie instead of ignoring my doubts on her.

When I'm scum, I generally feel like defending would be more scummy so I normally just ignore accusations unless I'm actually in danger. But apparently not lmaoooo

But you are in danger. You’re the last scum left. It’s natural for you to feel like you’re in danger when your scumbuddy got elimed on day one and you’re one of the main mafia suspects.

I'm here. Groggy after a poor night's sleep, but here with my hot cup of chicory root.
    I'm sorry not to be as useful as many of you. I read your back and forth over what may or may not have been signs of scumminess based on this or that turn of phrase and my brain just breaks. I don't see what you see, don't interpret things the same way. None of it seems indicative of much, to me.

But. In this one instance, it seems obvious to me that Sophia was misinterpreting Song. The "apparently not lmaoooo" referred to the "generally feel like defending would be more scummy so I normally just ignore accusations" part (as in, apparently ignoring accusations, in this case, was perceived as more scummy, so apparently Song's modus operandi as described, was not auspicious this time) rather than to "unless I'm actually in danger."

A) was this indeed a misinterpretation of Sophia's, or am I the one misinterpreting? Song, you can tell us that, and DeKay, you can give your take also.

B) Was that a real misinterpretation, or was Sophia using it as an opportunity to present the picture of Song as sus more fully, by it?

I don't know. I think it's cuz Sophia thinks Song is defensive cuz Song said she will not ignore accusations unless she's in danger... ? And that Song is in danger here if she's mafia.

I was just saying that Song is in danger here cause she’s mafia. I don’t understand what Nush is talking about.

Okay, but what if she's not in danger here cuz she's not mafia. 😂

Do you think Scum Sophia would not only go through all the game researching, but also a bunch of research here AND vote Song when the consensus was to vote me - IF she was mafia though?

Just seems like a lot of work when it is basically a town win anyways.

No, I think at this point both Sophia and Song are town and you're not.

It doesn’t matter who we elim today anyways cause if Pandora gets voted out today she’ll be put as a replacement for Keyen since she’s a vanilla townie.

very good point!

That would in fact persuade me to vote Pandora if there's any doubt at all about the vote falling correctly on a scum.

You should vote Song instead so we can get this game over with quicker. And cause if you look at Pandora’s isolated posts she seems way more townish than Song is. Eliminating Pandora today is just dragging the game on.

I didn't see Pandora as scummy in the first place. But maybe I'm just unable to read Song ever, but I don't see that either. DeKay, what do you think? Are we in a hurry and so very certain that Song is scummy, that we don't want to play it safe and recycle Pandora as IC?

It doesn't matter. Cuz if Song is actually telling the truth and gets elimed today, she is still a vanilla townie and will still replace Keyen.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member

I don't really know how to describe it. Let me pull out a past game where she was mafia and you can see. Hold on.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/986564/flower-garden-mafia-game-alien-win-pg-41/p26

Looking through all her isolated posts from that game, it seems like she was pretty hard to read. I can’t quite put my finger on it. Doesn’t help that a bunch of her posts there are talking about the roles or something.

The biggest thing is that I kept calling her scum there and someone asked who I would kill and I kept on saying Song but she totally didn't try to rebut it or to prove that she's good. She completely ignored all of my posts that were like that.

Over here in this game, when I expressed by doubts, she would say that she's not the baddie instead of ignoring my doubts on her.

When I'm scum, I generally feel like defending would be more scummy so I normally just ignore accusations unless I'm actually in danger. But apparently not lmaoooo

But you are in danger. You’re the last scum left. It’s natural for you to feel like you’re in danger when your scumbuddy got elimed on day one and you’re one of the main mafia suspects.

I'm here. Groggy after a poor night's sleep, but here with my hot cup of chicory root.
    I'm sorry not to be as useful as many of you. I read your back and forth over what may or may not have been signs of scumminess based on this or that turn of phrase and my brain just breaks. I don't see what you see, don't interpret things the same way. None of it seems indicative of much, to me.

But. In this one instance, it seems obvious to me that Sophia was misinterpreting Song. The "apparently not lmaoooo" referred to the "generally feel like defending would be more scummy so I normally just ignore accusations" part (as in, apparently ignoring accusations, in this case, was perceived as more scummy, so apparently Song's modus operandi as described, was not auspicious this time) rather than to "unless I'm actually in danger."

A) was this indeed a misinterpretation of Sophia's, or am I the one misinterpreting? Song, you can tell us that, and DeKay, you can give your take also.

B) Was that a real misinterpretation, or was Sophia using it as an opportunity to present the picture of Song as sus more fully, by it?

I don't know. I think it's cuz Sophia thinks Song is defensive cuz Song said she will not ignore accusations unless she's in danger... ? And that Song is in danger here if she's mafia.

I was just saying that Song is in danger here cause she’s mafia. I don’t understand what Nush is talking about.

Do you think Scum Sophia would not only go through all the game researching, but also a bunch of research here AND vote Song when the consensus was to vote me - IF she was mafia though?

her researching is formidable. And is it a town win anyway, even if we vote out a townie this time?

We don't know for sure. Maybe the mafia might have some tricks up their sleeves. But if there would be only one night kill tonight, then yeah, town will win. Unless the other Mafia has the same role as Mouse or something.

So we know there is only one non-town left?
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    I'm so confused at this point, tbh. Whoever the last mafia is i think they deserve to win and good for town if they don't but well done to them if they do xD It's tricky at this point, and my brain has left the game. I have a uni assignment due on Friday and a bunch after that so I've become pretty preoccupied since the weekend finished. So I do apologise for not being so active anymore.

I just don't have the brain capacity to put all my effort and thought into the game anymore, but I'll still be skimming through and trying to piece things together, somewhat.

My initial thoughts are that Pandorra feels less town, particularly the nature of her claim had me swayed earlier on.

I still think Sophia is somewhat suspicious but she's said a lot and done a lot that seems unnatural if she were scum. but I think the last scum is between Song and Pandorra. I just can't decide which one.
  • Options
    wait, that didn't even make sense on the face of it. Of course there can't be only one left.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    Pandorrax4Pandorrax4 Posts: 725 Member

No, I think at this point both Sophia and Song are town and you're not.

You don't think that I would fight a LITTLE more to not be voted out today if I was scum Pandoor? I mean I know I suck at this game but I still enjoy playing XD

Cuz you know town has already won, I guess?

I'm the one that pointed out that town would win regardless. Why would scum Pandoor point that out to everyone and then proceed to allow the voting of her for no fight.

So what do you think? You think it's an open-and-shut case that Song is scum, as Sophia is so certain of? And what do you think of Sophia's urgency about getting the game over faster?

I personally think it is Song. I think for a town win game, Sophia did A LOT of work this day for someone who isn't going to get a win out of it. Since the votes were already against me - I feel if she was mafia she wouldve just jumped on that wagon.
  • Options

Looking through all her isolated posts from that game, it seems like she was pretty hard to read. I can’t quite put my finger on it. Doesn’t help that a bunch of her posts there are tallking about the roles or something.

her researching is formidable. And is it a town win anyway, even if we vote out a townie this time?

We don't know for sure. Maybe the mafia might have some tricks up their sleeves. But if there would be only one night kill tonight, then yeah, town will win. Unless the other Mafia has the same role as Mouse or something.

Ya......
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member

Yes, cause two mafia are gone already (Tuti & Bella) and Mouse got elimed on day one.
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Options
    wait, that didn't even make sense on the face of it. Of course there can't be only one left.

There's only 4 mafia. We already got 3.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    how is the game still going if we're down to only one non-town player?

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options

...cause we still have to elim them?
    image0.gif
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Options
    xSongxxSongx Posts: 1,562 Member

There has to be. There were originally 4 mafia, (2 teams of 2) and we've gotten 3 out - 2 we voted out and one was modkilled. That leaves only one mafia left.
    they/he
  • Options

There has to be. There were originally 4 mafia, (2 teams of 2) and we've gotten 3 out - 2 we voted out and one was modkilled. That leaves only one mafia left.

Yes, and that one mafia left is you.
    image0.gif
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Options

No, it's not. I'm town, and you're either wrong or mafia.
    they/he
  • Options

I thought the game would end when either the last non-town is gone, OR when it's impossible for them to win. So, if there is only one scum left, what circumstances must there be in order for them to still have a chance to win?

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options

Nope. You’re mafia. Don’t try to lie to me.
    image0.gif
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Options

I think you're just wrong, though. Pretty sure Pandora's the mafia here. We've won anyways, even if it isn't her.
    they/he
  • Options

what about what DeKay said, that it's not a biggie if you're elimed because if you're a real VT, you'd just replace Keyen? That makes it pretty safe to vote you.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    tutifruity6644tutifruity6644 Posts: 878 Member
    good luck mafia i no i was on the other team but i hope the mafia wins ok im sorry town but good luck mafia
    Screenshot-2022-02-26-at-02-01-45.png
    💛🤍 Tai (iel en français / they/them in english) 💜🖤
  • Options
    What's Sophia's role again?

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options

I thought the game would end when either the last non-town is gone, OR when it's impossible for them to win. So, if there is only one scum left, what circumstances must there be in order for them to still have a chance to win?

I dunno. Dekay could still be elimed on day three cause she isn’t a conftownie. Of course the possibility of that happening is close to zero but it’s not impossible enough to warrant the game ending right here and right now.
    image0.gif
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Options

It's technically still possible. If we were to like vote out a conftown or someone, mafia could win. I think the game only ends when it is totally, entirely, 100% impossible for someone to win, by game mechanics.
    they/he
  • Options
    What's Sophia's role again?

Upright sun.
    image0.gif
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Options

It's technically still possible. If we were to like vote out a conftown or someone, mafia could win. I think the game only ends when it is totally, entirely, 100% impossible for someone to win, by game mechanics.

Yeah, that’s correct.
    image0.gif
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Options

what about what DeKay said, that it's not a biggie if you're elimed because if you're a real VT, you'd just replace Keyen? That makes it pretty safe to vote you.

Because I'd like to get Pandora out because I think it's her, and the same thing happens if we get her out. I know I'm town, and I think Pandora's mafia, so of course I'd like to get her out first. If it's not her, sure y'all can vote me out tomorrow, as long as you get SOphia next.
    they/he
  • Options

Exactly.

Song, if you’re town, are you against being elimed today? Cause we win anyways whether or not we elim you today. If you’re somehow town, then do you wanna be resurrected as Keyen?
    image0.gif
    Come try a Mafia Game!