Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tarot Mafia Round 5 - Upright Cards (Town) Win!

Comments

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    xSongx wrote: »
    And why do you think Song’s town again?

I don't really know how to describe it. Let me pull out a past game where she was mafia and you can see. Hold on.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/986564/flower-garden-mafia-game-alien-win-pg-41/p26

Looking through all her isolated posts from that game, it seems like she was pretty hard to read. I can’t quite put my finger on it. Doesn’t help that a bunch of her posts there are talking about the roles or something.

The biggest thing is that I kept calling her scum there and someone asked who I would kill and I kept on saying Song but she totally didn't try to rebut it or to prove that she's good. She completely ignored all of my posts that were like that.

Over here in this game, when I expressed by doubts, she would say that she's not the baddie instead of ignoring my doubts on her.

When I'm scum, I generally feel like defending would be more scummy so I normally just ignore accusations unless I'm actually in danger. But apparently not lmaoooo

But you are in danger. You’re the last scum left. It’s natural for you to feel like you’re in danger when your scumbuddy got elimed on day one and you’re one of the main mafia suspects.

I'm here. Groggy after a poor night's sleep, but here with my hot cup of chicory root.
    I'm sorry not to be as useful as many of you. I read your back and forth over what may or may not have been signs of scumminess based on this or that turn of phrase and my brain just breaks. I don't see what you see, don't interpret things the same way. None of it seems indicative of much, to me.

But. In this one instance, it seems obvious to me that Sophia was misinterpreting Song. The "apparently not lmaoooo" referred to the "generally feel like defending would be more scummy so I normally just ignore accusations" part (as in, apparently ignoring accusations, in this case, was perceived as more scummy, so apparently Song's modus operandi as described, was not auspicious this time) rather than to "unless I'm actually in danger."

A) was this indeed a misinterpretation of Sophia's, or am I the one misinterpreting? Song, you can tell us that, and DeKay, you can give your take also.

B) Was that a real misinterpretation, or was Sophia using it as an opportunity to present the picture of Song as sus more fully, by it?

No, it wasn’t a misinterpretation. It’s more like me pressuring her cause I wanna see how she reacts.

okay, so you turned what she said into something she didn't mean (and it was obvious she didn't mean that) in order to apply pressure? Strange tactic to my way of thinking because it just made you look less trustworthy.

How am I “turning what she said to something she doesn’t mean”? I don’t understand.

you pretended to interpret her "apparently not lmaoooo" as referring to being in danger (as NOT being in danger) instead of as referring to her usual strategy of not getting defensive being less scummy than getting defensive. You even said so yourself, that you did it to apply pressure, to manipulate.

Another weird thing in this game is that DeKay hardly voted anyone. Didn't engage in voting one person and then another to see who reacted and how. She doesn't seem to be playing her usual town game.

I still don't necessarily scumread DeKay, but it's odd that she's not pressing like a spider on different threads of the web to see if anything vibrates.

Bruh, I was the first to vote Mouse. Whatchu talking about... And I voted you first right off the bat too.on Day 1.

I concede the point. As for voting me Day 1, you do that a lot so it didn't register as anything odd.

Yeah, but your said "Didn't engage in voting one person and then another to see who reacted and how. She doesn't seem to be playing her usual town game."
    Which I did cuz I voted you first and then left it for a while and then voted Mouse.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Pandorrax4Pandorrax4 Posts: 725 Member

I don't really know how to describe it. Let me pull out a past game where she was mafia and you can see. Hold on.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/986564/flower-garden-mafia-game-alien-win-pg-41/p26

Looking through all her isolated posts from that game, it seems like she was pretty hard to read. I can’t quite put my finger on it. Doesn’t help that a bunch of her posts there are talking about the roles or something.

The biggest thing is that I kept calling her scum there and someone asked who I would kill and I kept on saying Song but she totally didn't try to rebut it or to prove that she's good. She completely ignored all of my posts that were like that.

Over here in this game, when I expressed by doubts, she would say that she's not the baddie instead of ignoring my doubts on her.

When I'm scum, I generally feel like defending would be more scummy so I normally just ignore accusations unless I'm actually in danger. But apparently not lmaoooo

But you are in danger. You’re the last scum left. It’s natural for you to feel like you’re in danger when your scumbuddy got elimed on day one and you’re one of the main mafia suspects.

I'm here. Groggy after a poor night's sleep, but here with my hot cup of chicory root.
    I'm sorry not to be as useful as many of you. I read your back and forth over what may or may not have been signs of scumminess based on this or that turn of phrase and my brain just breaks. I don't see what you see, don't interpret things the same way. None of it seems indicative of much, to me.

But. In this one instance, it seems obvious to me that Sophia was misinterpreting Song. The "apparently not lmaoooo" referred to the "generally feel like defending would be more scummy so I normally just ignore accusations" part (as in, apparently ignoring accusations, in this case, was perceived as more scummy, so apparently Song's modus operandi as described, was not auspicious this time) rather than to "unless I'm actually in danger."

A) was this indeed a misinterpretation of Sophia's, or am I the one misinterpreting? Song, you can tell us that, and DeKay, you can give your take also.

B) Was that a real misinterpretation, or was Sophia using it as an opportunity to present the picture of Song as sus more fully, by it?

I don't know. I think it's cuz Sophia thinks Song is defensive cuz Song said she will not ignore accusations unless she's in danger... ? And that Song is in danger here if she's mafia.

I was just saying that Song is in danger here cause she’s mafia. I don’t understand what Nush is talking about.

Okay, but what if she's not in danger here cuz she's not mafia. 😂

Do you think Scum Sophia would not only go through all the game researching, but also a bunch of research here AND vote Song when the consensus was to vote me - IF she was mafia though?

Just seems like a lot of work when it is basically a town win anyways.
  • Options
    xSongxxSongx Posts: 1,562 Member

I was saying "apparently it's more scummy to ignore it", yes.
    they/he
  • Options
    xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member

When I say danger, I mean like actually about to get voted out.

You’ll be voted out soon anyway. Even if it takes a day or two.
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member

No, it wasn’t a misinterpretation. It’s more like me pressuring her cause I wanna see how she reacts.

okay, so you turned what she said into something she didn't mean (and it was obvious she didn't mean that) in order to apply pressure? Strange tactic to my way of thinking because it just made you look less trustworthy.

How am I “turning what she said to something she doesn’t mean”? I don’t understand.

you pretended to interpret her "apparently not lmaoooo" as referring to being in danger (as NOT being in danger) instead of as referring to her usual strategy of not getting defensive being less scummy than getting defensive. You even said so yourself, that you did it to apply pressure, to manipulate.

Another weird thing in this game is that DeKay hardly voted anyone. Didn't engage in voting one person and then another to see who reacted and how. She doesn't seem to be playing her usual town game.

I still don't necessarily scumread DeKay, but it's odd that she's not pressing like a spider on different threads of the web to see if anything vibrates.

Bruh, I was the first to vote Mouse. Whatchu talking about... And I voted you first right off the bat too.on Day 1.

I concede the point. As for voting me Day 1, you do that a lot so it didn't register as anything odd.

Yeah, but your said "Didn't engage in voting one person and then another to see who reacted and how. She doesn't seem to be playing her usual town game."
    Which I did cuz I voted you first and then left it for a while and then voted Mouse.

that's only two. Usually you do a lot more.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options

She also voted me off the bat D2 I believe but of course changed to Tuti when she basically claimed.
  • Options

I was saying "apparently it's more scummy to ignore it", yes.

That came across pretty clearly. But Sophia says (I think this is what she's saying, anyway) that she realized that was what you meant, but came back with a response that would indicate she thought you were negating being in danger, as a way to apply pressure. I suppose it could be considered an aggressive quip, not necessarily a deliberate obfuscation.

:shrug:

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options

I don't think it's DeKay. There's absolutely no way at this point.
    they/he
  • Options
    Pandorrax4 wrote: »

I don't know. I think it's cuz Sophia thinks Song is defensive cuz Song said she will not ignore accusations unless she's in danger... ? And that Song is in danger here if she's mafia.

I was just saying that Song is in danger here cause she’s mafia. I don’t understand what Nush is talking about.

Do you think Scum Sophia would not only go through all the game researching, but also a bunch of research here AND vote Song when the consensus was to vote me - IF she was mafia though?

No, I think at this point both Sophia and Song are town and you're not.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    I personally can't wait to find out if all is as it seems, or if there's something rotten in the state of Denmark.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options

When I say danger, I mean like actually about to get voted out.

You’ll be voted out soon anyway. Even if it takes a day or two.

Yeah, probably? Lol I don't understand where you're going with this, sorry?
    they/he
  • Options

You don't think that I would fight a LITTLE more to not be voted out today if I was scum Pandoor? I mean I know I suck at this game but I still enjoy playing XD
  • Options

Well, maybe I didn't feel like it. And also Keyen started claiming town and then you and Em, so there's no need for me to keep on testing other people anyway. Plus, Bella was MIA.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

It doesn’t matter who we elim today anyways cause if Pandora gets voted out today she’ll be put as a replacement for Keyen since she’s a vanilla townie.
    image0.gif
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Options

her researching is formidable. And is it a town win anyway, even if we vote out a townie this time?

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options

her researching is formidable. And is it a town win anyway, even if we vote out a townie this time?

Yes, we can still win even if we miselim two times in a row since there was no night kill today.
    image0.gif
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Options

You don't think that I would fight a LITTLE more to not be voted out today if I was scum Pandoor? I mean I know I suck at this game but I still enjoy playing XD

Cuz you know town has already won, I guess?
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

It doesn’t matter who we elim today anyways cause if Pandora gets voted out today she’ll be put as a replacement for Keyen since she’s a vanilla townie.

very good point!

That would in fact persuade me to vote Pandora if there's any doubt at all about the vote falling correctly on a scum.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options

very good point!

That would in fact persuade me to vote Pandora if there's any doubt at all about the vote falling correctly on a scum.

You should vote Song instead so we can get this game over with quicker. And cause if you look at Pandora’s isolated posts she seems way more townish than Song is. Eliminating Pandora today is just dragging the game on.
    image0.gif
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Options

We don't know for sure. Maybe the mafia might have some tricks up their sleeves. But if there would be only one night kill tonight, then yeah, town will win. Unless the other Mafia has the same role as Mouse or something.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

I'm the one that pointed out that town would win regardless. Why would scum Pandoor point that out to everyone and then proceed to allow the voting of her for no fight.
  • Options

very good point!

You should vote Song instead so we can get this game over with quicker. And cause if you look at Pandora’s isolated posts she seems way more townish than Song is. Eliminating Pandora today is just dragging the game on.

I didn't see Pandora as scummy in the first place. But maybe I'm just unable to read Song ever, but I don't see that either. DeKay, what do you think? Are we in a hurry and so very certain that Song is scummy, that we don't want to play it safe and recycle Pandora as IC?

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options

very good point!

I didn't see Pandora as scummy in the first place. But maybe I'm just unable to read Song ever, but I don't see that either. DeKay, what do you think? Are we in a hurry and so very certain that Song is scummy, that we don't want to play it safe and recycle Pandora as IC?

-_- Don’t ask Dekay. For some reason she thinks Song is town.
    image0.gif
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Options

I'm the one that pointed out that town would win regardless. Why would scum Pandoor point that out to everyone and then proceed to allow the voting of her for no fight.

Cuz you know town has already won? Doesn't hurt to point the obvious. 🤷 Regardless of your alignment.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

So what do you think? You think it's an open-and-shut case that Song is scum, as Sophia is so certain of? And what do you think of Sophia's urgency about getting the game over faster?

xicwqMCm.jpg