Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @permanentrose No worries! I love those who started after the 1st want to post days they've missed. It makes me happy and humbled. :)

It's an idea I briefly considered. However, I like the tension the age difference has created for Tessa and Josh, it makes them unique to all my other couples. It's fun taking things slow, having them really get to know each other. Intimate relationships usually happen too fast in my game.

You're welcome! :) And thanks, it's fun trying to write dialogue to match the screenshots and their story.

Great updates! I think I see where this is going now. Appears Jules might end up with Emmett instead of Mario. Very cool you're playing with Sims you know and love too! Love the lightening screenie, one of the best things about Seasons in my opinion. Bummer Bex most likely stole the snapshot of Jules and Emmett. If she did though like you suspect, at least she's one of your Sims so you can just get it back very easily by grabbing it out of her inventory while Jules is visiting again and put it in her's. Or just have Bex give it back, I think that's an option too.

I'll try a previous save if repairing the game doesn't work when I try it soon. It would be shame to lose that build, if I can't get it from manage worlds to save too, but I can always recreate it. It's Tessa and Josh I'm more concerned about at the moment.

@Hermitgirl I'm hoping the next session with Tessa & Josh will include Winterfest. If I can still play them. o.O We'll see after I repair my game. 🤞 I haven't tried to get Father Winter's baby, yet. Another thing on my 'Git 'Er Done' list. Nice gift he gave her! Tiny Living lot traits are the best, eh? :) Thanks for the suggestion on how to fix the glitch and your lovely comments about Tessa's house. Though it's nowhere near finished, I really love it and hope it won't be necessary to bulldoze the lot.

Adore your Day 13 screenshot, it's absolutely gorgeous! You're right, it's very easy to get beautiful screenshots in SE. I try to restrain myself from taking too many, but it never works. :D Cool that Roxanne is taking up yoga too. I love the Wellness skill!

@Skeilah You're going to love it so much when you can play in Ultra. It's like playing a completely new game! Thanks about the daily pic border! :) permanentrose suggested the same thing. :D Check out my reply to her for my reasons why I won't be doing that. Good idea though! :)

Naoki seems kind of pushy & bossy, moving in with out asking, buying Bryon equipment without input. I'm guessing Bryon puts up with it because he likes the guy, admires his confidence and bravado. If it were me, I would've told the cheeky ginger to take a hike! :D

@Kanindota You're welcome! :) Gah! River just can't catch a break! I don't blame him or you for taking a risk like that, looking death straight in the eye and saying, "Go ahead, take me, again, if you dare. But you'll not have my money too!" Can't wait to read more!

@SoulGal7 Okay, 3, thanks for letting me know! I turned off Lifestyles in my game until their bugs are fixed.

Ugh, I know it's realistic for Teens to have mood swings, but they can be so annoying when you want them to do other things. I usually do what you did for Tessa when that happens, go on a hike or a jog to clear the mind. Thankfully, the moods usually don't last very long. I've had some that seemed to get 'stuck' though and would last for days on end. o.O

Very cool info. about the Festival of Light First Kiss sentiment. Thanks for letting us know! :)

Aww, so sweet Kyoshi and Sakura are officially a couple now! I kind of figured they already were since they were living together. Such a romantic shot of their first kiss on the bridge with the paper lanterns floating by, I love it! They look absolutely adorable in their matching kimonos too! I love this couple so much! Congrats to them! Fabulous update! <3

@Ellupelluellu I'll try your suggestion for my game glitch if the repair doesn't work or trying a previous save. Thank you so much for the info! Hope you're feeling better now! I had a horrible headache last night. Not the same as a migraine, of course, but I still couldn't get to sleep very quickly with it. Bleh...

Yay! Congratulations to Melody (and you) for completing her first aspiration! Awesome! :) GAH! Those caterpillar bugs are HUGE! I wonder if they're true to life size in the game. Can you imagine? I'd probably have a heart attack if something like that landed on me. o.O Are those giant bees? I've never seen those in SE yet. Good Lord! How many kinds of bugs are in Mt. Komorebi? Too many if you asked me. :# Wow, okay, I never knew our Sims could tend bar for tips! It's seriously so cool how I learn something new every single day about this game. There's just so much to it!

Gorgeous shot of the frozen waterfalls. Love how you've set-up Melody's garden. Is that a new fence? I saw the gate and a different fence for the pack, but I must've missed that one. Malcom looks SO much better in your game than in mine. Great job with his makeover. And lastly, I LOVE what you've done with Melody's little house, it's beautiful! Great updates! :)

Okay, think I'm caught up. Need to reply in a couple other threads, but then I'll finally be able to see what's going on with my game. Had to wait for Hubby to go to bed first. When he's watching YT vids, I can't do a repair or anything, it makes his connection lag and freeze. Anyway, wish me luck, cross your fingers and pray the glitch is fixed and I've been freaking out over nothing. :D

Have a great rest of your day/night! <3
  • Options
    SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    Waking up in the morning, commenting on everyone here and then posting Bryon's diary became my new morning routine xD

@SoulGal7 Teens indeed have a lot of emotions xD I do delete them sometimes with a right click (I can do that thanks to a mod), but only because I find them moods so irritating. :innocent:

About the long term sentiment at the festival of light: that sounds veryyyy nice, but I'm not sure if I'm going to use that soon. Bryon and Naoki do have feelings for each other, but they're still denying it, so I guess a kiss isn't coming soon. But I really like the tip!

Day 13: What a cute picture! I like how you included those pop-ups from school. Well, at least Kiyoshi had a good school holiday celebration, hehe. Too bad it didn't work out as well for Sakura, but she still has Kiyoshi to cheer her up. True love! Also, the festival of light seems so nice! Can't wait to visit it in my own game. Heheh, those kimono's look cute on them! I'm a fan of the Japanese culture, which makes this pack even better.

@Karababy52 Oh man, that was not a happy update. I think I had something alike happen once, but I don't know anymore how I solved it... I do know that I went all over the internet, searching for solutions xD I hope you get it fixed too! Oh, by the way, that house is gorgeous. I'm zo jealous of everyone's building skills, just because I can't build at all. Maybe that's why Bryon is still living in a tent. HAHAH.

About Naoki being kind of pushy and bossy, that's exactly what's happening! I found out that his traits are Self-Assured and Childish, so he's like a combination of pushy/bossy, knows it all and sometimes he's just like a kid. He has strong emotions when he shows them, but when he's feeling good, he's all 'I'm the best of the world!!'. At least that's how I see him. Bryon on the other hand is actually pretty introvert, although he doesn't look like it. He doesn't really have strong emotions like happiness or sadness or anger, so you won't see him smile, cry or be angry like you'll see with Naoki sometimes, but somewhere deep down, he has a heart of gold. He admires how Naoki doesn't hold back his emotions, how he's so confident all the time and how he can do these things in general that he can't. Hehehehe, Naoki is indeed a cheeky ginger!

@Ellupelluellu I get you. English is also not my native language, so I sometimes have to think about what to write too. If you have migraine like that, I can imagine you're not up for that. Take care!

Day 10: Hehe, she came home dizzy. That's funny. Maybe the dizzyness and the need to sleep are somewhat related! Ah, she took the day off. Time to get things done!

Day 11: Congrats on completing your first aspiration! I also left Kiyoshi behind in my safe because he's already so much in this thread. There's the fishing pic again, ahaaha!

Day 12: Another vacation day? Hahah! Oh, hello snowpal breaker, I mean, L. Faba. I like that Melody tend the bar and got some tips. Anything for the money!

Day 13: Ohhhh that cat is so cute! Didn't knew animals also wandered around in other worlds.

Day 14: Congrats on being up to date!! Oh, she bought an easel. That's a nice way to make money if your sim is good at it. The garden looks good! Is THAT Malcolm Landgraab? How does he suddenly look so hot?! xD Oh, he's working out now, that's why. Hehehe. I like it! Also, such a cute houseeee. <3

@Hermitgirl Thank you! I'm in love with my new profile pic, really :joy:

Day 13: Nice pictures! She stayed in her little home all that while? Luckily she had yoga to do then. This is indeed a pretty pack.

@permanentrose Yay, officially caught up!! <3 Ah, you started playing one sim day, and you even liked it! Yay! I like the wedding-idea. Can't wait to see that in a week! Phahahha I laughed when Bex took that photo with her!

koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • Options
    January 14th
    01-13-21-9-14-18-am_orig.png

Bryon's Diary
    As soon as Naoki bought me my climbing gear, he snatched me by the arm and took me to… The Mt. Komorebi Base Camp. “You really want me to die, don’t you?”, I said. “That’s not true! I just really need good company for this. You and I, we’re going to reach the peak of Mt. Komorebi before sunrise!” (It’s midnight at the time, hehe). “Good company, huh. You gotta be kidding me. Search someone else. I’m not doing that. Nope. Not going to happen. Absolutely—“. Naoki took me by surprise when he picked me up like it was nothing. I know I’m rather underweight, but this is too much. “Naoki, let me down!!”. “No. If you’re not going with me voluntary, I’ll carry you around with me!”. “Argh!!! Okay, I’ll climb myself. Just let me down already!”. He put me down and laughed. “You’re really like a kid sometimes, do you know that?”. He started walking very confident, but then he slipped, falling flat on the ground. “Theehee, that’s karma for calling me a kid. You’re a kid yourself.”. The entire excursion went like that, but I actually had a great time. Right after sunrise, we reached the top. I’ve never seen Naoki this enthusiastic. “We made it, Bryon! Look at the sky! It’s beautiful!!”. Naoki took me in an embrace, but he released me again pretty quickly. “Ehh, I’m sorry, I guess I got caught up in the mo—“. I don’t know why, but I snatched him back in another hug. “Bryon?”. “Thank you for taking me here. It’s really beautiful.”. “Why are you suddenly so cheeky? Hehe, not that I mind, but —“. “Just stop talking already or I’ll regret this decision.”. I felt Naoki’s grip tighten a bit around me. “Thank you for joining me. It meant a lot to me.”. Hehe. Wait. Did I smile just now?

Extra photo's
    4ziQure.png
    FlfGYlj.png
    Mw0zRt7.png
    tschycA.png
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    @Skeilah awwww that hug! 🥰 Also what perfect traits for Naoki, I feel like they suit him very well. I am so invested in this slow burn romance you have going.

@Karababy52 Update us when you can about your game. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

The hardest part of this love triangle I want to create is going to be patience lol. I have a good story idea in mind but it will need to play out slowly to work.

—-

Update 14 - Lady of the Knits

djOlPtJ.png

Notes:
    I have thought about it, and I had Jules quit school via MCCC cheats at the beginning of this challenge since "graduating" high school seemed like a good time in her life to start soul searching, but watching all you guys commit to school has made me feel like I'm cheating the system, so once fall starts in my game, Jules will re-enroll in school (it's actually not that far off, I'm about halfway through summer in my game) Let's just say she had a really long summer vacation haha.

I started at an awkward in game time since before playing Jules, I had to check in with her thieving cousin Bex and take care of few things in Bex's life, so I technically played an evening and a day with Jules. Jules was feeling energized from her active trait when I logged in, about 9:00pm sims time, so I had her shoot Mario an energized text, and he proceeded to ask her to go to the gym with him, so yay, Mario is being a good boyfriend again :)

Next day was the new skill holiday. I only recently got the Nifty Knitting pack and haven't really played around with the knitting skill yet, so I thought having her acquire the knitting skill would be a fun endeavor, and she can start selling her crafty stuff either directly from her inventory or on Plopsy. She's starting to work on the knitting aspiration too. Maybe she’ll knit Dell and Sofia gifts for their wedding.

The rest of the day was just spent collecting, fishing, and gardening, since I needed to earn Jules some money since I spent a lot of her funds on renovating her house. I have a CC stuff pack of cottage garden items and the stuff is just too cute I couldn't help myself even though 99% is only decorative (I also added some debug items as decorations because there's some cool stuff when you search for it, and also debug items are FREE :))
    xtKH4Pr.jpg

I built an addition on to her house to use for the bathroom so she could have more space inside, but since I used some MOO cheats and did some repurposing of items, it didn't actually add to the tile count so it's still a 32 tile micro home, yay!
    rf51g9v.jpg

I also added a Murphy bed since A.) she needed a couch and B.) a double bed might come in handy for doing some certain activities with her cute BF ;). I need to have her upgrade the bed though, I definitely don't want to risk death by Murphy bed :D Also yay, she has a computer (that she will autonomously try to "troll teh forums" on all day I'm sure)
    XkyCejE.jpg

Seriously though isn't this gardening stuff SO CUTE (and the sink does work!)
    02VUTJk.png

Simoleon count: 5,233

Also I keep waiting for your sims I downloaded in my game to show up, but I have yet to see them
  • Options
    @permanentrose I also thought these were perfect traits for him! Lucky me😂

I never really talk about school in my game, but they are both going!😂 I’m just not focussing on it. It’s nice that you’ll make Jules go to school again. The fact that they go to school means I have to take the romance slow because there’s not much time. Maybe it’ll helpt you too to take things slow!

Did Bex steal the photo?

Such a nice little house! I love it. Heheeh the doomed Murphy bed. I would indeed upgrade that. Never had a Murphy dead before but one of my Sims did get stuck under one once. I prayed for his life back then😂

The gardening stuff is adorable!!
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    @Skeilah yeah school will definitely make me take it more slowly and it will help raise Jules’ responsibility character value. Her only value that’s doing somewhat poorly though is her emotional control, which makes sense because of her hot-headed trait.

I could not find the photo in either of Bex’s inventories. Not sure if that means she didn’t take it since I’m not entirely sure how that trait works when I’m not actively playing her. There’s a chance I might have accidentally deleted it, I was tweaking Jules’ house in build mode a bit that day too. But I’m gonna go with the story that Bex stole it - that’s funnier :D

I have only used the Murphy bed when it’s fully upgraded. Rose and Carrie have one as a guest bed (Jules has used it haha) and Rose is fully skilled and maxed many aspirations and insta-upgraded it immediately. Rose has already died once by an unfortunate cow plant incident and I cheated to revive her which was easy enough, but death also clears marriages and puts their entire inventory in the household inventory so that was a pain to set back in order (I do keep death flowers in everyone’s inventory now so they can offer them to the reaper on behalf of a family member but I still like to be safe :D)
    Post edited by permanentrose on
  • Options
    January - Day 14: Ho Ho Home Sweet Home

9LwfKev.png

Notes:
    It was a bit of a nightmare, but Tessa and Josh are back where they belong! \o/ Yahooo! I tried a repair first, twice! o.O The first try it was SO slow! GAH! After 2 hours, it got to 32 packs repaired and froze with an error message to try again later. I had to go into Task Manager and close Origin that way since clicking to close wouldn't work. Son of a ...biscuit! Take two - This time it got to 30 packs repaired, slowed WAY down again and my CPU fans were going nuts. I checked and Origin was using 100% of my resources. Ugh! I just let it go though, crossing my fingers it wouldn't freeze up again. Another hour passed and it finally completed! *BIG sigh of relief*

Loaded up my game, got into the save at the Manage Worlds screen, clicked on their house...and found myself staring at the Worlds screen again. It didn't work! *cries* Went back to Manage Worlds again, but this time I saved a copy of the house to my library. I could get into build mode at least, Thank God! I moved Tessa and Josh to an empty lot and bulldozed the house, placed the library copy back down on their original lot and moved them back in. IT WORKED!! Thank you to everyone who gave advice and helped make it possible to get them back. I would've been devastated if they were gone for good. Whew!

Anyway, I played through Winterfest (details below) and then closed the game for the night. The next day after Tessa comes home from school, they'll travel to the mountain and hopefully the weather forecast was correct so Tessa can fill the last aspiration goal.

Extras:
    NNKLxW8.png
    After Josh helped Tessa put up some lights outside, she dug around in the decorations box to see what else she could find. I wish I hadn't bought the reindeer now because she found one of those. Oh well, at least she got her 100 simoleans back. ;)

1RFY1U1.png
    It was still quite early, so after Tessa harvested the garden, they read skill books for awhile, had a bite to eat and then went out in the greenhouse where I placed the tree to decorate it.

xatmqPz.png
    They chose a blue and white theme. Which makes me wonder why they're putting red/gold ornaments on it that never showed up. :D

URmUwxf.png
    Here's the finished tree in all his lovely glory after Tessa placed some presents underneath and another pile beside it.

kelIfGD.png
    Time for presents! They gave each other one very special present. Tessa gave Josh the next to best camera, she couldn't afford the most expensive one. Josh loves taking photos of their adventures together but only had his cell phone to take them, until now.

9wMM29H.png
    "Thank you so much, Beautiful, it's perfect, I love it!"

QRl1Lns.png
    Josh had a very special and priceless gift for Tessa, The Book of Life.

"Whenever you're feeling low, just read this book and it'll make all your troubles melt away."
    "It will? But how? It's just a book."
    "That's not just any book, it's magic. Trust me, you'll see. I have one too so whenever you're lost and can't find your way back home, I'll find you, wherever you may be."
    "It can do all that? But..."
    "Magic, just magic. I can't explain it any better than that. Hey, let's go eat before Father Winter gets here, okay?"
    "Okay...but, wait...Josh?"
    "Yeah?"
    "Thanks, I love it, it's the best gift anyone's ever given me." (Had a screenshot of Tessa hugging Josh in thanks, but I can't find it now. Grrr!)
    "You're welcome. Now, let's eat! I'm staaarrrving!"
    "Pfft, you're such a Drama Queen."
    "Queen? Nah, you're the Queen of the Slopes, Beautiful, I'm King of the World!"
    "No I'm not, I thought I was, but I'm not, yet!" *wink*

pYQNvEM.png
    This screenshot cracks me up! He's not even looking at her and why is he ringing a bell when she's right.there.in.the.same.room! :D Sims logic, gotta love it!

VJvuYFJ.png
    "You're staring at me again."
    "You're blushing, it's cute."
    "No I'm not, my cheeks are just cold."
    "Whatever you say Beautiful."

D4eXJXt.png
    After the Grand Meal, Tessa and Josh turned on the Fireplace channel and had a chat while waiting for Father Winter to show up. It seemed like he was late. Why? Well, I had the doors locked that's why. Opps! o.O

B4mkfQO.png
    I unlocked them and almost immediately heard, "Ho Ho Ho." It wasn't the original Father Winter though. I guess 'ol Clement Frost got sick of standing around in the freezing cold waiting to be let inside and this guy took his place. He walked inside and made a beeline for the tree. They each asked for a present when he came back into the main living area. Tessa got a Schmapple Coffee Maker and Josh got a London's Choice stove/oven! Wow! Tessa gave the replacement Father Winter a present too, a Simray. :D

PCy9lCP.png
    It was getting late and it didn't seem like this guy was going to be leaving anytime soon so Josh excused himself to go take a shower. Tessa had a chat with Father Winter while he was gone. There's been this one social that comes up over and over again under 'Friendly' for Tessa, but I haven't wanted her to use it with Josh. It could be really, really bad for both of them. So Tessa used it with Father Winter.

Ask about Woo Hoo... o.O

LRlE5Z4.png
    LOL I guess she must've liked what he said since she cheered, clapped her hands and stomped her feet a little. I have never, ever, had any woo hoo talks go that way. Everyone usually ends up SO embarrassed. Hmm, I guess she could've just been laughing in disbelief or something, who knows? *shrugs* :D

Father Winter left after that and I ended my gaming session for the night. I'm sorry I wrote so much dialogue this time, I'm just incredibly happy they're not gone and it's just so fun! Next Day's post won't be so long, I promise! ;)

Okay, I'm still trying to catch up on my sleep and it's getting later again, so I better go for now. Be back later to comment on all of your wonderful posts for the Day.

Happy Simming! <3
  • Options
    SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited January 2021
    @Karababy52 - Wow! That must have been horrific with all those repairs and then it freezes and doesn't work. I would have been pulling my hair out. Yes, I know they are just virtual characters in a game, but, hey, we get attached to them. Tessa and Josh's house looks so nice and they are together again! Yeah! I will comment more later, but just wanted to say that I am glad it all worked out :)

@permanentrose - "What a great update! Sakura certainly had a busy day. Is that Love Day school dance a Seasons interaction? I've never noticed it before, but I don't think I've ever played a teen (at least one who is attending school haha) on Love Day. Sakura and Kiyoshi are really cute together (especially in their matching kimonos), and that sentiment is certainly a special one. I'm glad your sims had such a fun and eventful day!"

Just a quick response to this - the popups were when they were at school, so a school pop-up. Love Day is a holiday that is part of the Seasons pack. I rarely play as a teen either, so this was kind of cool that these pop-ups came up and I just wanted to share.

I am just loving everyone's stories and will comment on them all tonight :) Have a great day everyone!
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    @Karababy52 ugh my phone just reloaded and lost a big reply I had written up so hopefully I can remember what I wanted to say.

First of all, yay!!! I’m glad it worked. I also did not know repairs could take that long, mine take less than a minute 0.o I am so glad you were able to pick up where you left off though!

Winterfest is so fun! I have actually only played winterfest once in my game since I only got seasons in November and I play with 28 day seasons (long story short, I “skipped” my last winterfest since Rose was on a jungle adventure with friends and didn’t want to bother with it) So I am looking especially forward to playing it with Jules since I think it will feel extra special.

I actually laughed when you had Tessa ask Father Winter about the woohoo :D With a complicated relationship with Josh and no parental figures, Father Winter seems as good as anyone to seek those answers from. Darling Tessa, I’m sure you’ll be very familiar with the art of woohooing once April rolls around

Also a question for you (and anyone else!) - do you fully play the members you’ve added to your household for this challenge, or are you cheating their needs/skills/aspirations, etc? I just feel like taking care of Jules is enough work lol, but maybe by the time she has a live in friend, she will be less needy due to reward traits lol. Also how are you going to handle aging any children that might be born later in your game (i ask because one of my mods allows for a small chance of teen pregnancy - maybe I should turn it off in Jules’ save??? Idk it’s kind of fun to live on the edge so I gotta be prepared sooner rather than later just in case :D)
  • Options
    @permanentrose Sad :( So the photo is gone now? xD Ah well, you can always make a new one, right?! Maybe she hid it somewhere :o she buried it under the ground!

Ahh, poor Rose. I would also cheat-revive everyone who means much to me. Just because it's possible. I can see why that's a pain to do, yeah.

Also, about your question: I do play Naoki to a certain point, but mostly because he's helping Bryon out :P I do cheat his needs sometimes. Busted. :innocent: Hmmm... I would definitely age a baby up after one day because ew babies, but maybe after that I'll go with "getting level 3 in every skill" for toddlers before aging them up and for kids/teens I'll just age them up whenever I feel like is the right time. I'm still thinking about it :P I was even thinking about - how can I make it possible to have a child from two men, without the need to adopt? Going into CAS, make one of them available for pregnancy? XD Oh man how funny that would be.

@Karababy52 Ah, it's so nice to see that it all worked out well!! <3 Oof, a two-hour repair.... What a pain. xD And all you had to do was bulldoze the house and place it back. Ah well, we're all just glad that Tessa and Josh are back in the game.

heheheheeh, Sims logic for the win! I absolutely love Sims logic. I also ADORE the photo's on the wall! I already played my tomorrow (because I have an exam tomorrow so I don't have time to play hehehe), and Bryon & Naoki actually build a house. I designed a CC photo frame with a picture of the two of them <3 The photo was actually for in the extra's tomorrow, but now I can't let it slide, hehe.
    nzOwasL.png
    The rest of the house will be shown tomorrow!! :D - You don't want to know how long it took me to take this one picture -

Okay, back to your story xD My thoughts are going everywhere when I type, I'm sorry. Ask about WhooHoo HAHAHAH! Rose's comment is exactly what I thought about that!
    "Darling Tessa, I’m sure you’ll be very familiar with the art of woohooing once April rolls around"

She sure is exited about it! xD

• Options
    edited January 2021
    @Skeilah that makes sense. I definitely want to focus on Jules’ needs primarily. I know Emmett and Mario (who are the most likely choices to move in with her at sim point) already have some skills and reward traits from previous playing with them so that will help for sure.

As for babies - if you just want to skip the baby stage anyway, you should just go into CAS when you’re ready for them to be parents and mix their genetics to make a toddler. But male pregnancy is always a fun option too :D

Also what a cute photo!
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    January (Saturday) - Day 14: Relaxing At The Onsen

soaking-in-the-onsen-kyoshi-blows-a-kiss-to-sakura.png

This was an autonomous action by Kiyoshi - blow a kiss. He is really Smitten with Sakura.
    Yesterday, at the Festival of Light, Kiyoshi completed the Explorer portion of the Mt. Komorebi Sightseer Aspiration. He got a Golden Yamachan Simmi worth $250 simoleons from the vending machine and got a selfie with Yamanchan. For some reason, he didn't get a check for wearing a festival outfit. Maybe he also has to purchase one for this to count. Sakura has only one thing left for the Backpacker portion of the Mt. Komorebi Sightseer Aspiration - to soak in the onsen. They are both on the Trailblazer level of the Extreme Sports Enthusiast Aspiration with only "Reach The Peak" or the Mountain Excursion left for both.

I have found that sometimes having a certain Lifestyle can wreak havoc when you are trying to skill. For instance, with the Adrenaline Seeker Lifestyle, Sakura does not like the mundane, which appears to be reading. So she gets bored when skilling by reading. She will research rock climbing handhold techniques on the computer, but it is a timed option and builds the skill rather slowly. So, the best way for Sakura to get her skill up is "hands-on".

Today, they head to Yukimatsu and work on their snowboarding and rock climbing skills. I have them climb meticulously on the small and medium walls. A few times, I had Sakura do a Breaking Point Climb and climb courageously on the medium rock wall, although I was holding my breath when she did this. She fell off the rock wall and got the Battered and Bruised moodlet. Kiyoshi wiped out Snowboarding and also got the Battered and Bruised moodlet. Sakura gets this very neat moodlet about Kiyoshi - "In The Presence of a Legend"! Sakura obviously feels she picked the right sim to accompany her on the Mountain Excursion.

sakura-about-kyoshi.png

from-spending-time-in-the-onsen-together.png

There was only one place for them to go, to the Onsen, where they relaxed. They both get a Sentiment - short term - warmhearted from relaxing together. Sakura completed the Backpacker portion of the Mt. Komorebi Sightseer Aspiration, and also one of the Globetrotter level (socialize in the onsen). Skill levels: Kiyoshi-Fitness 6; Sakura-Snowboarding-7; Sakura-Rock Climbing-6.
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited January 2021
    Day 14
    Well I only played for a day again, but a lot happened.
    jzwnU43.png

It was New Year's day and the Landgraabs decided to shut off Roxanne's power for the day effective immediately. Mean ol' Landgraabs! Nanami came over to visit and they went to the Festival of Snow, looked at ice sculptures and made snow angels. While there she got invited to the Romance Festival by Father Winter to paint. She might be too young for him now but I'm taking it as a sign!
    While there I had her meet some other festival goers and she learned how to make Pufferfish Nigiri, because...reasons. A girl has to be prepared!
    t3LhUFL.png
    470R1ar.png
    Z2cE2Ov.png
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    @SoulGal7 Wow, both Sakura and Kiyoshi have a lot of sentiments and relationships with each other! Do you think that Kiyoshi is the guy you'll want to keep with Sakura for the long term, or is he only first boyfriend material lol?

Also that's really cool that lifestyles make learning skills boring/unappealing in some ways - that's the most complex I've seen the sims personalities be in a while lol.

@Hermitgirl Definitely a busy day for Roxi - so funny that Father Christmas invited her to the festival, it is like the game is rooting for those two to end up together eventually. I definitely support it haha - gotta build that relationship whenever you can! Also, will definitely be looking forward to seeing if you put that pufferfish recipe to good use eventually lol :D
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    @Hermitgirl - DAY 12 - Love that you spent Winterfest with Father Winter. I do believe that with the tiny lot trait that relationships are increased really fast. Great thought on having a Father Winter baby. I haven't done that either. And so lucky to get a computer as a gift! Woot! Day 13 - What an absolutely gorgeous shot with the moon and all the trees so frosty. Beautiful! And taking up yoga is actually a good idea. I was thinking of doing that too, but decided to go with those meditative walks to try to keep those teen moods in control. Plus, hoping to get that "surge" emotion power. Day 14 - I loved the snow festival and there she is making a snow angel, I think :) And Father Winter asking her to go to the Romance Festival with him...maybe he has something on his mind, too, for when you age up! lol Oh my gosh! I had to laugh when you said you learned how to make pufferfish, and that "a girl has to be prepared". I immediately thought pufferfish death. Nooo....don't be thinking Father Winter and that scenario. hehehe

@permanentrose - Love the compilation of all the photos. Day 11 Photo is so cool. I thought she was a spellcaster first, and then realized it was a sparkler. Perfect timing for that fabulous firework shot enveloping the house! ha! As far as gardening, a trick I do is put the out of season plants under the eaves of the house, which fools them into thinking they are in season. Reward traits are so great. I usually get the Morning sim and Nightowl traits first to increase their skill. Day 12 - Could this be a possible love triangle with Emmett and Mario? I mean Emmett is older, but, hey, wait a few months and Jules will age up. The painting she did is so pretty of the mountains. And what a fabulous photo of the lightning bolt. Glad that Jules wasn't outside when that happened. Day 13 - Gosh, Jules looks great in that outfit. I love the idea of you having a wedding. Yeah! And Bex being a klepto stealing the photo lol Why do you think that Sakura never invites Kyoshi's little sister over? She's a klepto, too! Day 14 - If Jules starts school again, there isn't a lot of time to work on aspirations. What I am thinking of possibly doing in the second world is perhaps joining either Scouting or the Drama club, or do one each month. We'll see how that works out, as I am struggling as it is with these aspirations in this world. lol Love the idea of knitting. Was thinking about that next, as I just got the pack myself. And I LOVE debug FREE items! I mean I practically decorated Sakura's whole lot with free debug items. And yes, that gardening table is soooo cute.

@permanentrose - to answer your question " do you fully play the members you’ve added to your household for this challenge, or are you cheating their needs/skills/aspirations, etc?" I haven't cheated Kyoshi's skills, aspirations, or needs. He is earning his skills the hard way alongside Sakura. And regarding the question of whether Kyoshi is long or short term...I guess we will see what happens ;)

@Skeilah - Day 13 - So, Naoki has officially just moved himself in. lol With all the photos he took of Bryon's garden, I'm surprised he didn't take one of the outhouse! Look! It has walls! Day 14 - And wow! they made it to the top. Congrats! That tall rock wall sure looks scary. These two, though, they are great together. If Naoki is the one, when the time is right, I would change one of them to get pregnant. I think that would be cool. Great updates and great photos! I didn't realize they had gotten their skills up so fast. I think Sakura and Kyoshi are spending too much time snowboarding (I love to wach them).

@Kanindota - Day 12 - Love that photo. I think that River is actually benchpressng that vending machine lol Well, we all know that he's a fighter, so no vending machine is going to get him down. No way!

@Ellupelluellu -I understand completely about the "fit" of your house not working in San Myshuno. I thought it was about the lot size lol Day 10 - I laughed at Melody's crossed eyeballs. I think we all look like that sometimes! Day 11 - Melody's garden is really getting along, and getting more fruits and veggies for her garden, too. Fantastic. I love those spirits you encounter on the walks. And egads those bugs! Good that Melody was prepared. And hi to Kyoshi. He does love to play chess and will do this autonomously on the lot. Day 12 - Oh gosh! More bugs. I haven't even explored those trails. And she was a bartender, too! Day 13 - What a beautiful photo of that frozen waterfall. And more bugs! I love how you've arranged her garden. Day 14 - Beautiful moonlight fishing shot. And Malcolm Landgraab - I love the make-over. Melody's house and garden look really good, and I love those new blinds on the windows. Her house looks really nice inside. Is Malcolm who she is thinking of taking on the Mountain Excursion?

@Karababy52 - As already mentioned, so glad you got your house and save back. Jan 14 - What a fantastic, cute house. What a wonderful Winterfest they had together. I love the collage of pics on the wall. And great gifts from the stand-in Father Winter. I cracked up when I read that Tessa gave Father WInter a simray. Have you been naughty or nice? Naughty? Takes simray out and freezes them. Maybe they'll remember that next time they want to be naughty! hehe, However, it looks like Tessa is thinking of being naughty...in the future. And asks Father Winter about woohoo. Tessa's reaction to it - that was funny. Josh...lucky you were in the shower while Tessa was...um...finding out the facts...hehehe!

Well, that is it. I hope I haven't forgotten to comment on anything. Love all the photos and stories.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    @SoulGal7 Thanks for the gardening tips - I'm gonna have to play around with that!

And Emmett is actually a teen too - he's still living with his parents. So the love triangle might be very real and relevant right now haha

(I actually posted a picture of his family in another thread today so I'll share it here for reference haha. We have his parents, Desmond and Marin - who is pregnant with twins - and his little sister, Eliza, and their dog Woody. I don't love Emmett's pose in this but I was too lazy to find a better pose pack lol)
    rG31ywJ.jpg

One day, if it becomes relevant, I'll have to introduce you to Mario's family too lol. Not only does he have siblings, half-siblings, and a step-sister, but he also has a grandma and a handful of aunts and uncles living in my world too.

I'm am debating whether or not I want to have Jules have to suffer through school days and eat so much of my sims day time in school. I guess if I hate it, she can always quit again lol. Maybe every now and then she'll re-enroll and I can pretend she's taking extra classes haha. I'm not sure yet. I've never played the sims this consistently so who knows what I'll even be feeling in a week. I still have like 12 more days of summer to decide what I want to do with her
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,927 Member

I will post my day 15 with comments tomorrow, but I had to say this, regarding a comment by @SoulGal7
    Is Malcolm who she is thinking of taking on the Mountain Excursion?

We will see about that, but what happened before, was the love day. Okay, it will be posted in couple of days, but something happened what I did not pictured :)

I decided that sim fate shall decide with who she will go on date with, and I promised myself it will be the first teen who will show up knocking at her door. (usually Malcolm, Hugo, Luna and Morgan have daily been knocking at her doorstep :) )

Of course when I promise a thing like that.. first one to show up, was Brant Hecking.. okay, not a teen and.. well he would not be interested at her anyway.. okay.. next one.. Dominic Fyres!! Come on, she does not even know him!! Not to mention NOT a teen!! Well the next one to arrive.. Viktor Feng!!! Game you gotta be kidding me!!! :joy:

Finally , when I was almost rolling a dice to who to invite, someone arrived :D
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    @Skeilah No, I was not happy at all when I posted that, but thankfully I got it fixed, obviously! Thanks about Tessa's house. It's getting there. She needs more simoleans and Spring to do anything else.

I love how you've obviously taken the time to think about their traits and how they'd act toward one another as a result. It shows because I picked up on it right away with Naoki. Already somewhat 'knew' Bryon, but he's surprising me. Doing this as a diary for Bryon is a great way to get a better idea of what he's feeling about everything going on in his life. I love that! <3

Great Day 14 entry! Congrats to Bryon for reaching the top of Mt. Komorebi with Naoki! The give and take between these two is so fun to read! I literally laughed out loud when Naoki picked him up to 'make' him go with him. I laughed even more when Naoki slipped and fell while walking so confidently. :D Your screenshots are fabulous! The angles are perfect for setting the mood of the image, for instance Bryon looking down at Naoki in the snow and then looking up at him as he climbs. That really helps to judge exactly just how high those walls are, and how dangerous. I see you understand the rule of three for photography and the best spot to place your focal point too. ;)

Thanks, I'm glad it all worked out in the end. I should've just tried what actually ended up working first, but oh well. They're back and that's all I care about. :) Oh man, I LOVE having my Sims take and display photos. I love photography in real life, so that might have something to do with it. Love that picture of Bryon and Naoki! Great job with that, thanks for sharing! Rose's comment is so funny about what might happen in April. It might take a bit longer for them though, if I decide to drag things out so Josh can properly romance Tessa and make their first woo hoo together extra special. We'll see how it goes... ;)

@permanentrose When I started with Tessa, I had decided she wouldn't go to school. I don't really have a backstory for her, but my head canon said she'd had some kind of trauma happen in her life and ended up homeless as a result and didn't have time for school, only enough to survive day to day. Or perhaps she was a runaway and didn't want to be found so wouldn't go to school. But cheating to keep her grades up was a bit overwhelming, so I simply just had her going to school again without any other explanation than that. I like what you have in mind though, pretending she's been on Summer vacation. :)

It's not normal for a repair to take that long, it's usually around 10-15 mins. I found out later a Windows Update was downloading at the same time! o.O Your comment about Father Winter and how Tessa might look at him as a substitute Father figure was spot on, that was my idea for why she'd ask him. Plus, he's an elder so she might've figured he'd been around the block a time or two and would know from experience how it all works. Loved your comment about what's to come in April for Tessa and Josh.

We'll see just how quickly things progress for them, I might purposely still take it slower for them though, have him properly romance her first. Make it special and more meaningful for their first time together. <3 But who knows, maybe by then they'll both be so worked up and ready they can't wait and I'll give them a lusty woo hoo marathon everywhere and anywhere they can! :D Either way, I'm certainly looking forward to it! ;)

No, I haven't cheated for anything for either one, other than Tessa's schooling situation. I don't like to use cheats, I like the challenge of making them work with what they have. It's makes it more satisfying that way when they reach a goal all on their own. I've been helping Josh learn some skills he didn't have, but other than that, he has full autonomy. I say he has it, but I still control a lot of his actions when needed, of course since Sims with full autonomy don't make the best decisions sometimes.

As for his needs, he really doesn't have many since he's a Super Sim, but I'll direct him to eat or shower occasionally. He's never slept in the bed Tessa got for him, he never sleeps. I should just sell it. :D If he wasn't a Super Sim though, I'd direct him to take care of his needs if he didn't do them on his own and help him do his aspiration. He had a job, but I made him quit so he wouldn't be bringing in any extra funds. By the way, I won't be having Tessa actually use The Book of Life. I just thought it would be a great gift for him to give her, and I wanted him to bind one to her to save her from any unexpected death. He bound a book to his brothers too. I did say in the rules/guidelines a spouse or children could use any means in the game to save the main character. He's not her spouse, technically, but close enough in my mind. :)

As stated in the rules/guidelines, aging up children is at your discretion. I personally will age up any children Tessa may have in such a way the one who will carry on the challenge, if needed, will be at least a Teen when Tessa is an elder reaching the end of her life. The timeline of when they age up will depend on where Tessa is age wise in the challenge. I'll try to balance it out over the months as I've done with Tessa. Babies are another story, I'll give them at least 3 days though so there's time for Tessa and the Father (probably Josh) to bond and gain some Super Parent skills. A teen pregnancy never crossed my mind since I play a vanilla game and it's not something that could happen. It's totally up to you what you do there. :)

Cool she's starting knitting. How do you like it? Making gifts for the wedding is a great idea! I love the house renovations you've made. I forgot all about that gardening station or I would've put one in Tessa's greenhouse. I might still do that when she has enough funds. Bummer it appears the photo is seemingly gone for good now. Perhaps you can have her and Emmett take another selfie? Just a thought.

@SoulGal7 Yep, they're our little pixel babies! Thanks about Tessa's house, it's getting there. :) Great Day 14 entry! Sounds like both Sakura and Kyoshi are getting close to completing at least one aspiration, soon both! Tessa got that Legend sentiment for Josh too! I love it! I turned Lifestyles off before starting this challenge. I kept them on the first time I played in Mt. Komorebi with another Sim and he got the outdoors lifestyle. I ran into the same problem with him as you did. He couldn't be inside very long at all without getting bored or sad for HOURS! It was ridiculous. It wouldn't deteriorate when he went outside either, he was stuck with it until the 4 Sim hours was up. I'm not all that impressed with Lifestyles, but I love the Sentiments!

hehe I love your thoughts on the Simray gift for Father Winter. I will probably die laughing if I ever see him using it somewhere. "Oh man, they must've been naughty, not nice." tsk, tsk, tsk. I think Tessa purposely waited until Josh was out of the room so he wouldn't hear her ask that question of Father Winter. Can you imagine his thoughts if he did? o.O She certainly was excited about whatever he told her. Sometimes I wish this game had more appropriate word bubbles for times like this! :D

It's interesting that everyone commented on the woo hoo talk and didn't say one word about Josh's special gift. Did y'all see what he wrote in the description? I put it up in the right upper corner so you could read it. For me, that was the big moment of the chapter, but I'm a HUGE romantic, so there's that. I keep forgetting stuff like that is probably 'meh' to most. Oh well... maybe I should stick to comedy with these two and fade out the romance until later when they can actually DO romantic actions. :D

Thanks about the picture collages! Tessa will probably have a complete wall, if not more, filled with photos by the end of the year. ;)

@Hermitgirl Roxanne sure had a fun-filled New Year's day, Snow and Romance Festival, cool! Not sure I want to know the 'reasons' she now knows the Pufferfish Nigiri recipe. :D Good she's setting a foundation for romancing Father Winter if she so chooses in the future. Love the screenshot of Meredith glaring at Ted. Was he flirting with Roxanne or something? Judging by the big smile on Roxanne's face she might've been flirting with him at least. :D Great update! :)

@Ellupelluellu Oh my gosh, that's hilarious! I bet it seemed like the game was just toying with you how adults kept showing up as if it knew! I've tried little bargains or 'if this, then that' promises to myself with the game too. Usually it doesn't work out like I'd planned either, but it's fun trying to let things happen that way eh? So curious which teen finally did show up at her door! :)

GAH! Sheesh, so sorry for another novel of a comments post. I try to cut them down, but it never works for me. Need to seriously work on that. Anyway, hope I didn't miss anyone or anything, think I'm caught up though. Headed out for a couple laps around the forum and the net for awhile and then play my game again.

Have a great rest of your day/night everyone! <3
  • Options
    @permanentrose I have the same with Bryon. First his needs, then the others :p But that's just my playstyle. I admire those who do everything fair and square because I just can't play like that. The only rule I'm still holding onto is the money rule (because in normal games I would cheat the money all the way up hahahaha!). I like this change because I'm finally at the point where I'm going somewhere with the house. Yay!

Ahhhh, just skip baby-phase... That's also a possibility, but I actually love male-pregnancies in game because it's something that's only possible in the Sims. If one of them gets pregnant, it's definitely Naoki. Hehehehe.

Thank you!

@SoulGal7 Day 14: Ahhh, autonomous actions are always so cute. Lifestyles do weird things with the moods. I'm always wondering what's happening with the moods myself but now I know it's because of the Lifestyles.

Anwer on your comment later: Naoki indeed moved in! I got rid of the little house because I finally had enough money to build an actual house. A lot happens in my game but I'm more focused on the story-part rather than the 'tell everyone how much money I have'-part. He had like 16.000 and now he's broke again, hahahaha!

Whoa! Those are a lot of sentiments the two of them share! Nice update!!

I loved how Naoki just climbed that wall like it was nothing, and Bryon just stood there like 'ehhh, do I need to do that to?" xD. They sure fit together perfectly! Like, they complement each other. It's so nice to see. Yeah, I was also thinking changing one of them to be able to get pregnant *cough* Naoki *cough*.

Naoki has rock climbing as a hobby so his skills were already very high. He just helped Bryon out while he was practicing for it (but I indeed didn't really tell about that in the story, but it did happen hehehe).

@Hermitgirl Day 14: Oh no! Mean ol' Landgraabs indeed! Oh, you want Father Winter to be a part of your story? Exiting! What do you need that Pufferfish Nigiri for? xD You have plans on killing someone? xD

Nice photo's!!

@Karababy52 Ah, thank you! I do love to give my Sims a personality. I like that you still get surprised with Bryon! I love the diary where we get to see into Bryon's way of thinking.

It's funny because in the beginning I thought I would like it more if Bryon was the tallest one, but now I like it even more that he's slightly shorter and Naoki just has a lot of muscles from all his physical hobbies. It made me laugh out loud too when that idea popped in my head. Glad you like it! And yeah, when he fell down on the ground, I also couldn't hold in my laugh! I paused at the perfect time! These two are just so funny to play with, really.

In the end of the year, your house will be full of photo's probably, haha! It's important to make a lot of memories! An extra special woohoo.... Sounds promising. Hehe!
  • Options
    January 15th

01-14-21-1-12-19-pm_orig.png
    Bryon's Diary
    A long day of walking back home was ahead of us. I couldn’t wait to set up my tent and rest a bit… But that wasn’t going to happen. To my surprise, there was a tiny little house connected to a huge backyard placed on the piece of ground that I called my home. “Surprise!”, Naoki said. I didn’t understand. I just looked at him, confused. “Don’t look at me like that! I arranged this for you. Do you like it?”. “How did you—“. “Don’t ask questions, just be happy!”. Sigh. I’m not really the definition of a happy person, but the least I could do was give him a smile. “Can I take a look inside?”. “Sure, go look inside!!”. He gave me the key so I went to the front door, opened it…… It looked fantastic, although I didn’t say that out loud. Apparently Naoki didn’t need words. He saw that I liked it based on my expression. “I’m glad that you like it! Look, I even hung up this photo!”. My eyes went to the wall on the right side. “You insisted on taking that picture when you first came to visit me. You basically forced me that day.”. “But at least you smiled!”. “Did I?”. I took a closer look to the photo. Heh. Smiling indeed.

Extra photo's:
    DwhT4cU.png
    Q9mHepW.png
    OnmYDhr.png
    jnzCLxk.png
    R8vKSLl.png
  • Options
    (I’ll comment later when I have a bit more time :))

Update 15 - A spirited conversation

2jDpFQJ.png

Notes:
    I definitely wanted to play more than one day today, but I held myself back. It just felt like one of those days that went by too fast and she didn't accomplish much. Well, she made friends with a ghost toddler, which I guess is something :D

Featured in the photo is Lucy Goth, youngest child of Bella and Mortimer (I gave the Goths a bit more of a spooky Addam's Family vibe in my game and turned them all into ghosts and gave them a third child). They live in Willow Creek, of course, and I had Jules on the hunt for collectables in other neighborhoods since there weren't many generating near her lot today. Decided it would be fun to visit a new family - though nothing much happened with the exception of her bonding a bit with Lucy before going off to find places to dig. (Lucy is a weird mix of cute and creepy. I don't like that it cuts ghost toddlers off at the waist, but in all fairness, the game doesn't support ghost toddlers without cheats, so I digress)

Earlier in the day, she upgraded her Murphy bed (she only had enough skill to do one of the updates, so hopefully that's enough to keep it from swallowing her up for now haha)
    9PPauKY.png

She started knitting wedding gifts for Dell and Sofia - I'm having her knit rainbow pride socks for them lol. No thunderstorms today, so she knitted on her porch.
    oyESrLu.jpg

I also did a few more edits to her house since I decided I didn't like the bathroom door being outside, so I rearranged and added a little more decor. I sold her microwave to clear up more counter space since she wasn't really using it. Finding creative ways to make tiny homes bigger without adding to the tile count is one of my favorite building challenges.
    8YmZR4Z.png
    qEnS2Zv.jpg
    FqiN966.png
    I'm not a huge fan of the bathroom layout, but this is what worked with my layout and it's functional so that's what matters in the end.
    vK8vZVU.png

Forgot to look at the simoleon count. Maybe I'll just stop doing this unless it gets depressingly low or excitingly high haha
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    @Karababy52 - I did notice the book that Josh gave to Tessa, but my comments were long already and I wasn't sure if that was from the Writer Aspiration or from a Spellcaster, and was too tired to look that up to comment properly on it. Yes, those were sweet words that Josh wrote on the inside cover of that book to Tessa. And he does say he loves her, which is sweet. To be honest, I have never had a sim write The Book of Life, so wasn't sure what it did. Yes, Josh certainly is Tessa's protector. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    January - Day 15: "We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing each other."

YeZMQ4a.png

Notes:
    mRJfOCx.png
    It's pause just right and catch Josh making a derpy face day! Yay! \o/ :D Anyway, the morning after Winterfest, Tessa woke to the sound of Josh singing and playing his guitar. She stood with a smile watching him for awhile in awe of his beautiful voice and talented fingers.

oAC2thQ.png
    Tessa took care of her needs, did some gardening and left for school, Josh sat down with one of his skill books and I went in build mode to take care of Winterfest decorations and gifts. I also modified the greenhouse a little bit. I wanted to use that gardening bench Rose had used for Jules, but couldn't find it. I think it might be CC? Anyway, I found the above and loved it just as much. Added the other things you see and moved the plant boxes around. I did a few other things around the house before going into live mode again to wait for Tessa's return.

9UK4a2S.png
    She was very hungry so I told her to get leftovers. Once she got to the fridge, she paused and turned to make that lovely face! :D It was just for a moment and there was really no reason for it, she was greened up except for hunger. Josh was still reading the same skill book. On a side note, has anybody else noticed how that particular sweater makes our ladies look like their boobs are huge? Tessa is NOT that big! :D

DrYXbkP.png
    Today was supposed to be a blizzard on the mountain, but once they got there, it was just freezing. Great. I was hoping Tessa would complete her first aspiration today, but it was not to be. Since they were already there, I had them do some rock climbing. Maybe they could at least fully level that skill, or get close anyway. Does the screenshot look familiar? It should. I posted one exactly like it, only with Josh perched on the side of the mountain looking down. Do you remember why?

lpNedvL.png
    Yup, Josh had fallen off the rock wall and was making a Snow Angel, just like Tessa did. Plus, he chose to walk all the way over to where Tessa's Snow Angel was still in the snow and make his Snow Angel almost perfectly on top of her's. That's the reason for today's Daily Post Pic, and the quote I found. My jaw dropped when I saw it after he was finished. The head of his Angel is just off to the side, right next to her Angel's head. Yeah, yeah, I know, it's probably just the mechanics of the game at work here. But my silly romantic heart will always believe he did it on purpose. <3

PQWplC9.png
    I sent them back to the Onsen after Tessa climbed down and gave Josh a hug, happy and relieved that he was alright, just a bit bruised. She got something to eat, he took a shower and then a healing soak in the Onsen. Josh grabbed a bite to eat afterward too and Tessa joined him for a chat. Can't believe I caught another derp face on Josh too! :D I sent them home when he'd finished eating, Tessa went to bed to get some sleep before school, and Josh continued to read where he left off in his skill book.

Not a very eventful day, short and sweet, but that's a good thing now and then, right? ;) The next day is Friday, then Tessa will have all weekend to work on that aspiration. Cross your fingers for bad weather! 🤞
  • Options
    @Skeilah You're welcome, I love Bryon's Diary - short, sweet and to the point! I think Bryon needs to tell me his secret in how to do that. :D

They are a riot to read and even though Naoki is very bossy, I think Bryon secretly likes it and admires his confidence...most of the time. ;) Is Naoki really taller from a Mod? Or he just looks like it because of the muscles?

Yup, wall to wall photos of the two of them and their adventures, maybe some 'other' family members they may 'acquire' along the way as well, from, you know, that extra special woo hoo! <3

*Gasp* Oh my, Naoki had a house built for them! o.O I personally would be livid if somebody did that without my input! But, it all works out it seems like. I'm guessing that lovely photo helped soften the blow, and he did have a little smile on his face. I like their little house though, it's cute! Especially love the garden area with the wooden fencing around it, very cool! Oh, and I like how Naoki didn't bother to have two bedrooms built but instead put their cots right smack dab next to each other in the same one. I see what you did there Naoki, I'm on to you Mr. Cheeky Ginger! ;) Great update! :)

@SoulGal7 No worries, I understand. I try to not write so much too, but it never seems to work out. At least my post for today is a bit shorter, I think. o.O Just a smidge... Josh did say 'I love you' in the inscription, but hey, Tessa could just think he loves her as his best friend. It's deeper than that, of course, and maybe deep down she does know, how could she not? For now though, yes, he's her protector, her champion, her confidant, her adventures partner, Snow Bro, her teacher and most of all her very best friend. <3

@permanentrose Wow, I had no idea ghost toddlers was a thing! I guess there's truly nothing Mods can't do eh? I'm afraid of Murphy beds and don't use them unless my Sims are already at a handiness level to upgrade them right away. Jules is a brave girl! Very cool she's knitting them pride socks! I really like her tiny house and the creative ways she's designed the interior, good job! Looking forward to the next update! :)
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    @Karababy52 Proper replies coming later, but I saw that you asked about my gardening station - yes it is CC, like many things in my game :D (Sometimes I think I hold myself off from buying all the packs since all the CC I find makes me feel like I’m getting new packs lol)

If anyone is interested, the CC Cottage Garden Stuff pack can be downloaded here. I really love the connected planters and the decor of course. There’s some really nice CAS stuff too.

(A couple of the items were a bit glitchy but I’m very impressed with this pack for the most part!)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/plumbobteasociety.tumblr.com/post/166361358489/a-collaboration-between-applezingsims/amp

EDIT: Also you don’t need a mod to have ghost toddlers - you can download them in the gallery - that’s how I got Lucy! They’re just created using cheats (never done it myself though haha)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top