Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ghostly Pack Coming?

Comments

• Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    edited January 2021
    The way I look at it is, Imagine if you were still waiting for humans to be put in the game. This many years in of waiting, how upset would you be? Not just improvements to lifestates already in, not just added items like cars. Simply being unable to play humans AT ALL. That's what it's like for those who prefer to solely play fairies or werewolves or zombies. I myself didn't bother getting Sims4 until Vampires were included.

Imagine having to pay $20 extra and wait several years before you can play your way lol.

And I wont be trying Paralives when it comes out as they have decided that supernatural players don't matter and none will be included in release.
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited January 2021
    akaseven wrote: »
    this list of players focused on family gameplay is always tiring and always crying and complaining because occult players are finally getting something, isn’t it now since vampires I see this eventually, like guys? no occult player complains when we receive a family package, it’s not like we don’t want the game to have more depth in those terms, but we agree that it’s very annoying to always have someone complaining that the game is a life simulator and shouldn’t have that type of things (I’ve seen this type of argument on other networks) and finally other types of comments, like it’s boring and boring, the sims has never been a realistic life simulator, there’s always just supernatural stuff like randoness vibes throughout the franchise, complaining and wanting to obfuscate a fixed niche of the game and an audience just because your thematic expansion has not yet arrived does not mean that you are gaining something, you are just being boring. Family packages is practically 100% sure that I will come in ANY generation so just wait patiently, you dont see occult player complaining when a family pack comes, it is actually even easier to see them happy and waiting on the pack that can draw attention

although this franchise is the best in the area of ​​occult we still had very few, only two with depth, mermaids were totally superficial like aliens, plantsim honestly it is a shame and the Discover University Servants have not much to say, so let's go calm down and just try to accept that occult fanbase is strong and always waits for anything that makes him play, it is tiring to see people all the time commenting negatively on packages that just a lot of people like.

finally I understand that anyone who doesn't like occults and wants a more realistic game is really great is his style but don't keep pointing fingers and complaining about a pack that hasn't arrived yet and that will certainly arrive, in occults players we may not even have other supernaturals like they came on the Sims 3 SuperNatural and that’s not why we’re complaining directly, although of course always asking for them.

anyway let's wait and see it is a stuffpack soon we will probably have something a little shallow but add that to the roleplay of our spellcasters and vampires is this

Again - there hasn't been a family pack since Parenthood in 2017, toddler stuff in summer 2017 kind of was the last one, but it wasn't aimed at family gameplay, it was just toddlers. So Parenthood is our last and only family pack.

And saying Snowy Escape or Eco Living include family gameplay is like saying those packs include supernatural gameplay, after all your Vampires can learn how to knit and produce frizzy juice, just like my family can, right? Only because a pack contains realistic kind of gameplay, it isn't automatically a family pack. You know, there are people who like to play occult families. They don't have enough family gameplay either, occult children and toddlers can't even work with their special skills!

So, nope, everything since Parenthood were another bunch of packs dedicated to YA/A gameplay, sometimes including children and toddlers, sometimes not, and it's just that they didn't forget toddlers and children exist at all in 2020's packs, but nothing more. It's not like there would have been specified family gameplay.

We haven't got anything for family gameplay since 2017. I am tired of waiting and I am SO disappointed that this bad year must start off with yet another occult pack, probably dedicated AGAIN to YA/A only (except perhaps the usual 1000th kids activitiy table since Seasons)... They could have just spared that stuff pack for Halloween. It's a weird time to get ghost stuff anyway in January.

In my opinion, they should have made TWO big supernatural EPs to give supernatural players everything they need, and then focus on broadening every playstyle's options with more sandboxy kind of gameplay that applies to EVERY playstyle. But they didn't. They chose to spread Supernatural stuff out into 200 different small packs, so everyone except supernatural fans is annoyed by those packs and nobody really gets what they want in the end (not even supernatural players are always happy with that because it makes their gameplay shallow).
  • Options
    akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    edited January 2021
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    akaseven wrote: »
    this list of players focused on family gameplay is always tiring and always crying and complaining because occult players are finally getting something, isn’t it now since vampires I see this eventually, like guys? no occult player complains when we receive a family package, it’s not like we don’t want the game to have more depth in those terms, but we agree that it’s very annoying to always have someone complaining that the game is a life simulator and shouldn’t have that type of things (I’ve seen this type of argument on other networks) and finally other types of comments, like it’s boring and boring, the sims has never been a realistic life simulator, there’s always just supernatural stuff like randoness vibes throughout the franchise, complaining and wanting to obfuscate a fixed niche of the game and an audience just because your thematic expansion has not yet arrived does not mean that you are gaining something, you are just being boring. Family packages is practically 100% sure that I will come in ANY generation so just wait patiently, you dont see occult player complaining when a family pack comes, it is actually even easier to see them happy and waiting on the pack that can draw attention

although this franchise is the best in the area of ​​occult we still had very few, only two with depth, mermaids were totally superficial like aliens, plantsim honestly it is a shame and the Discover University Servants have not much to say, so let's go calm down and just try to accept that occult fanbase is strong and always waits for anything that makes him play, it is tiring to see people all the time commenting negatively on packages that just a lot of people like.

finally I understand that anyone who doesn't like occults and wants a more realistic game is really great is his style but don't keep pointing fingers and complaining about a pack that hasn't arrived yet and that will certainly arrive, in occults players we may not even have other supernaturals like they came on the Sims 3 SuperNatural and that’s not why we’re complaining directly, although of course always asking for them.

anyway let's wait and see it is a stuffpack soon we will probably have something a little shallow but add that to the roleplay of our spellcasters and vampires is this

Again - there hasn't been a family pack since Parenthood in 2017, toddler stuff in summer 2017 kind of was the last one, but it wasn't aimed at family gameplay, it was just toddlers. So Parenthood is our last and only family pack.

And saying Snowy Escape or Eco Living include family gameplay is like saying those packs include supernatural gameplay, after all your Vampires can learn how to knit and produce frizzy juice, just like my family can, right? Only because a pack contains realistic kind of gameplay, it isn't automatically a family pack. You know, there are people who like to play occult families. They don't have enough family gameplay either, occult children and toddlers can't even work with their special skills!

So, nope, everything since Parenthood were another bunch of packs dedicated to YA/A gameplay, sometimes including children and toddlers, sometimes not, and it's just that they didn't forget toddlers and children exist at all in 2020's packs, but nothing more. It's not like there would have been specified family gameplay.

We haven't got anything for family gameplay since 2017. I am tired of waiting and I am SO disappointed that this bad year must start off with yet another occult pack, probably dedicated AGAIN to YA/A only (except perhaps the usual 1000th kids activitiy table since Seasons)... They could have just spared that stuff pack for Halloween. It's a weird time to get ghost stuff anyway in January.

In my opinion, they should have made TWO big supernatural EPs to give supernatural players everything they need, and then focus on broadening every playstyle's options with more sandboxy kind of gameplay that applies to EVERY playstyle. But they didn't. They chose to spread Supernatural stuff out into 200 different small packs, so everyone except supernatural fans is annoyed by those packs and nobody really gets what they want in the end (not even supernatural players are always happy with that because it makes their gameplay shallow).

exactly.

the problem for the sims 4 was to present new niche themes that no one asked for and perforated themes that could have come together, like island living and snowy escape? clearly could have come together on a The Sims 4 Vacations LifeStyle

Eco Lifestyle did not expand my game to be called expansion good, so it clearly could have come as a gamepack, so you can clearly see that 3 EXPANSIONS were used to put themes that could have come together or on a smaller budget, only in those 3 we could already have said Generations, a great pack focused on Occult (because the pretext that you can't give a occult style to ROM and Vampires in expansion for me is all a bedtime story)

and one left for farms or even a more random one that combines strangerville with time travel themes.

in short, the problem of this generation was precisely actions that were not well thought out or ended up preferring to take more risks than finally doing what the community had been asking for years.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,993 Member
    edited January 2021
    okay so i did some research on the spooky stuff year and that year we got
    well obviously spooky stuff,

cool kitchen,luxury party,perfect patio
    (oh the worst of stuffs rip ill go back to my coffin already)

Outdoor Retreat,Spa Day,
    Get together, Get to work

only *actual* occult that year was aliens
    despite spooky stuff having some aesthetics we may use in occult play

so I'm guessing this year also we might end up with something quite similar
    (oh dear i hope with less stuff packs)

as in lots and lots of realism with maybe very hopefully additional side occult but quite possibly not something like full on occult extravaganza realism people are dreading
    (my heart weeps for the forgotten and broken aliens)

and same goes for vampires year:
    Vampires
    Parenthood

Bowling Night
    Fitness stuff
    Toddlers stuff

Cats and Dogs

literally the only (but the best) occult addition and 2! especially family related packs

also jungle adventures was its own years only occult addition
    so was with romantic garden

the only year we had more than one occult is 2019
    in which yes we did have strangerville, mermaids in IL and realm of magic all in same year

but there was also the long raged about university and island thingies

and..moschino apparently

so even in worst case scenario for the realists that is your reference.

occult takeover would only be about that intense if it actually was a thing

Last year? only batuu and i dont really count it because even if im occult player that offers about 0 things for me

oh and snowy spirits which wow im sure totally ruined everyones game right
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,837 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    (1) It never made any sense whatsoever, why would zombies attack gardens? Unless it was supposed to be some sort of inside joke about Plants v. Zombies, but if so, it was a stupid inside joke.

It wasn't really a joke, it was a marketing gimick. The extra content offered was also items from Plants v. Zombies - the cone hat, the bucket hat, ripped suit, etc.
    The Stones Throw Greenhouse from the Store also included the dancing sunflower as one of the premium content items.

It was an opportunity to advertise a game they were pushing within another game.

baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I want a psychic career with a seance table and stuff, but most people want a grim reaper career.

I want BOTH!
  • Options
    And then there's this catastrophe called Batuu... Nothing could be farther from family gameplay!

To be fair, that was something that hardly anyone wanted. EA took a dump on family AND occult players with that one! :s All to push sales for Disney.

• Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I’m really getting fed up seeing the whole realism vs occult arguments on all social media platforms. I play realism with families mainly with the occasional bit of occult (mermaids and ghosts). However those that play occults need more and better gameplay and definitely need more packs. Occults has always been a huge part of the game since sims 1 supernatural and will always been a huge part of the game. It’s not my gameplay style but a lot of other simmers love it. Yes we need other things too aka cars, babies, generations etc but occult fans need better ghosts, werewolves, fairies, zombies too. We need to respect everyone plays the game differently and accept that. Rant over.
  • Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    edited January 2021
    Anmirla wrote: »
    And then there's this catastrophe called Batuu... Nothing could be farther from family gameplay!

To be fair, that was something that hardly anyone wanted. EA took a dump on family AND occult players with that one! :s All to push sales for Disney.

I agree as a Simmer and Star Wars nerd, Batuu was a huge mistake, they had to pick the worst trilogy in the series for a Sims Pack, the very one most star wars fans hated, if the Devs were actual fans they would have went with The Prequels or the Originals, the whole having no force powers was also a disappoint, I couldn't even play as a real Jedi or Sith.
  • Options
    Anmirla wrote: »

Exactly! This could have been a cool occult pack, if they didn't reproduce the theme park and make it story-based - just imagine what a SW pack (star wars interpreted in sims manner, kind of ironic-iconic) could have done for alien gameplay!

This could also have been a cool pack for family players as an actual theme park your family could visit with rides for kids and toddlers and such.

But it is neither. It's boring, no replayability at all and really, no one wanted it!
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    I really don't have a problem with this Stuff Pack to be honest.

Yes, we need more family play, but let's be honest: we're talking about a Stuff Pack here.
    For family play we at least need it to be a full Expansion Pack.

People are hoping for way too much with this upcoming SP.
    Bonehilda? How realistic is it that they are going to do that in this SP? To me, that seems extremely unlikely considering their very limited budget and the amount of Gameplay items they put in a Stuff Pack.

My best bet is that it will feature a Ghost Hunter freelance career and just MAYBE the Psychic Career, and that's it.

For family play I'd rather wait for a proper EP to drop instead of cramming it into a SP or GP.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,728 Member
    edited January 2021
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    I really don't have a problem with this Stuff Pack to be honest.

Yes, we need more family play, but let's be honest: we're talking about a Stuff Pack here.
    For family play we at least need it to be a full Expansion Pack.

People are hoping for way too much with this upcoming SP.
    Bonehilda? How realistic is it that they are going to do that in this SP? To me, that seems extremely unlikely considering their very limited budget and the amount of Gameplay items they put in a Stuff Pack.

My best bet is that it will feature a Ghost Hunter freelance career and just MAYBE the Psychic Career, and that's it.

For family play I'd rather wait for a proper EP to drop instead of cramming it into a SP or GP.

Same here, if this is based on Happy Haunts, then a GP or an EP was never an option... the vote was about one of the five options for a Stuff Pack. Occult players have reasons to be disappointed but I think the problem lies with Maxis making too many stuff packs to be honest.

We have 10 EP's, 9 GP's and now we are going to have 18 SP's. No wonder people feel that a lot is missing from the game when almost half of their packs are so limited.
  • Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    Ghost Hunting Sims are going to be like "Shh be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting Ghosts" I find the Elmer Fudd approach to be funny, But I could always go the Danny Phantom or Peter Venkman routes.
  • Options
    psychic stuff, tarot cards and such would save that pack for me, but I doubt we'll get them, it's most likely ghost hunting which I will never use.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    psychic stuff, tarot cards and such would save that pack for me, but I doubt we'll get them, it's most likely ghost hunting which I will never use.

big mood

If its just ghosts and ghost hunting i hope there is at least alternatives to vacuuming the poor creatures like perhaps some ritual that will make them go away more peacefully or making friends with the spirits or something

i aint about that ghost vacuum life
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »

big mood

If its just ghosts and ghost hunting i hope there is at least alternatives to vacuuming the poor creatures like perhaps some ritual that will make them go away more peacefully or making friends with the spirits or something

Which could have happened... if this had been a game pack :neutral:
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    edited January 2021

big mood

Which could have happened... if this had been a game pack :neutral:

yeah that is why

I have despaired early
  • Options
    teamjenteamjen Posts: 50 Member
    At this point I just kinda hope that CAS and Build/buy is good.
  • Options
    Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    I know I beat this dead horse, but I really want werewolves!
  • Options
    KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    I think that this pack will not only have the friendly or cute ghosts but the evil one's as well. I'm actually hoping for a grim reaper career but ghost hunting was my second choice.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Mareah wrote: »
    I am disappointed by this theme since i dislike supernaturals and such. At least it didnt take this year's ep or gp slots.

Hopefully we get more supernatural GPs and EPs this year, the Generation simmers have 8 or 9 packs in total while Occult simmers have 4, temporary lifestates and ghosts don't count since Occult sims are suppose to be permanent and have their own needs.

Generation simmers have almost nothing they have ph ts ks and thats it also often times Occult simmers and Generation simmers
    are the same people I am both
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    Handel wrote: »
    We...have the Haunted trait already?

We don't have a haunted house lot type though.

I want it
  • Options
    Handel wrote: »
    We...have the Haunted trait already?

But it does nothing but spawn Casper lol
    How about a few rattling chains and unseen ghost activities that get sims scared.

yes please
  • Options
    queenmakedaqueenmakeda Posts: 8 New Member
    Please guys before you drop this next game pack can we please fix the existing problems. Adding new content on top of new content is not helping the existing game. It's actually making it harder to play without issues. I'm not going to buy anything else until the existing problems get fixed. It's like you guys just don't care about your communities concerns. But hey for the simmers that are happy.
  • Options
    CeridwenCeridwen Posts: 228 Member
    I'm going to reserve full judgement until tomorrow on this one. I am interested, yes, but I'm also wishing it was a GP. I've previously posted what I'd like to see if that were the case, so not going to do it again here. I did previously vote for knitting as an SP; have always wanted my spooks to have a larger lens on them.

That said, I like these cute little sprites! Am hoping they can hang around food carts and whatnot and attempt to stuff their little faces whilst being a huge hotels pack teaser. I'll happily vacuum them up for at least $5000 - I'll probably have to adjust for modern inflation of course, but then again, no fee is too big. B)