Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ghostly Pack Coming?

Comments

• Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    logion wrote: »

SimGuruConor is involved? Ok, I actually got a little interested now. I like what he did with Nifty Knitting.

I seem to remember he was a part of Tiny Living too.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Here's hoping the comment about not breaking toilets and the base game update coming along with it, mean an update in general for ghosts.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I very much hope the pre-patch or the pack itself includes a ghost occult overhaul....we need to be able to create these fellas in CAS...

agreed
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    waxesnostalgicwaxesnostalgic Posts: 38 Member
    I’m really hoping for a base game ghost update as well. As a historical player I’m also glad to see some historical clothes on the ghost. Looks sort of early 19th century to me. With that French name maybe he is a New Orleans ghost from the early 1800s?
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member

Bless Guidry :triumph::heart::star:
    toilets of the house rejoice
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    adele_kat wrote: »
    Have you guys already seen hate and whining on Twitter from "realistic" players?
    Like OMG! And this is just a stuff pack! Imagine when we get something more... they will start burning witches! Our beloved witches!!!

There's 36 packs in this game. Out of that 36, occult players have 5 packs to work with. 5. And that's including Journey To Batuu which most people don't even consider. So a solid 4 out of 36 packs for occult players.

Get To Work: Aliens
    Island Living: Mermaids
    Vampires: Vampires
    Realm Of Magic: Spellcasters

There's 15 worlds in this game. How many of those are occult/unrealistic? What, Forgotten Hollow? Because it's mostly dark? And the Magic Realm that's 1 lot and you can't even live in it?

I think realism players will be alright.
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Holiday wrote: »
    This sounds... interesting. We're used to Stuff Packs being a few objects, some decor and the main event - a gameplay object, nothing to write home about. Trying not to read too much into it as there's obviously a line to draw before it takes a step up to a Game Pack, but this pack might be bigger than your usual SP.

But how is that even a Stuff pack then? How do you sell something that is not what it says it is. If they are making this a "stuff pack" the focus has to be "the stuff". I they want to make it bigger just make it a game pack. I don't understand this whole adding more gameplay to stuff packs. Just make game packs!
    But you know 🐸🐸🐸🐸 well they make more money from stuff packs nowadays so they will add anything to make sure people will buy them...
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    But how is that even a Stuff pack then? How do you sell something that is not what it says it is. If they are making this a "stuff pack" the focus has to be "the stuff". I they want to make it bigger just make it a game pack. I don't understand this whole adding more gameplay to stuff packs. Just make game packs!
    But you know ❤️❤️❤️❤️ well they make more money from stuff packs nowadays so they will add anything to make sure people will buy them...

Well I'd rather get a bigger pack at a Stuff Pack price tag.

Besides, he's said we will find out more about the pre-pack patch tomorrow too, the Stuff Pack will probably come with 'the stuff' and the patch will probably add the gameplay needed to give the pack more depth.

• Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member

SimGuruConor is involved? Ok, I actually got a little interested now. I like what he did with Nifty Knitting.

And hey, basegame update as well:

r3shKkY.png

Same here he was also involved in tiny living which was a good stuff pack. I always get the impression he is passionate about the packs he works on so I think this will be a better fleshed out stuff pack like tiny living and nifty knitting. Even moschino was a good pack but I’m not sure which gurus worked on that one. I think stuff packs in general are getting better.
  • Options
    akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    edited January 2021
    netney52 wrote: »

r3shKkY.png

Same here he was also involved in tiny living which was a good stuff pack. I always get the impression he is passionate about the packs he works on so I think this will be a better fleshed out stuff pack like tiny living and nifty knitting. Even moschino was a good pack but I’m not sure which gurus worked on that one. I think stuff packs in general are getting better.

me too i think tiny living one of the best stuff packs in particular, i found all the mechanics really cool and it is funny to bring interesting mechanics and a lot of stuffpack, finally looking forward to tomorrow

also

hzVxOCE.png

i ask about some crossovers interactions between occult packs and he confirm with realm of magic
  • Options
    akaseven wrote: »

r3shKkY.png

me too i think tiny living one of the best stuff packs in particular, i found all the mechanics really cool and it is funny to bring interesting mechanics and a lot of stuffpack, finally looking forward to tomorrow

also

hzVxOCE.png

i ask about some crossovers interactions between occult packs and he confirm with realm of magic

Well.. yes and no. Spellcasters have an innate advantage already as they have 2 spells to deal with ghosts, necrocall and dedeathify. It will be nice if there's more to it but he may simply mean that. Mentioning only spellcasters heavily leans me towards assuming on the side of pessimism.
  • Options
    GardenRecluseGardenRecluse Posts: 6 New Member
    I hope its a stuff pack, we always need stuff for S4, it lacks so much! And yes, I'm comparing it to S3, like everybody else. Spiral staircases plz! Plenty of objects and plants too! gosh, the game is boring!!!!! sorry, but it is. I hope this pack is a stuff pack and its real.
  • Options
    GardenRecluseGardenRecluse Posts: 6 New Member
    > @logion said:
    > I'm pretty tired of the stuff pack formula after 17 stuff packs... but I'm happy that people who wanted Happy Haunts are getting it now (probably).

there are so many stuff packs because EA doesn't give us enough content. Everything they create is gorgeous but they are stingy with it! S3 discs had over 100 new objects! S4 packs don't go that high. Maybe 30? Its sad! So yeah, we need more stuff! Who's fault is it??? :((((((((
  • Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    akaseven wrote: »

r3shKkY.png

also

hzVxOCE.png

wonder if they can dedeathify those floating green blobs?
  • Options
    MockerMocker Posts: 29 Member
    edited January 2021
    I don’t know how scary these updated ghosts will be, but compared to what was in Sims 1, they will not be able to greatly scare players like this:

j03iwai867s11.png
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    Mocker wrote: »
    j03iwai867s11.png

& they were right ... they were WRIGHT haha do u get it

i love the sims 1 <3<3
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Mocker wrote: »
    I don’t know how scary these updated ghosts will be, but compared to what was in Sims 1, they will not be able to greatly scare players like this:

j03iwai867s11.png

ts1 also had all those horror sound effects that made things 10 times scarier like everytime something arrives at your lot felt like oh no help what pls dont kill me
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    To be fair I have to say Tiny Living came with almost no furniture to save space. I mean for a pack about tiny homes, it didn't really give what it promised. So personally, I'm worried about this one.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    To be fair I have to say Tiny Living came with almost no furniture to save space. I mean for a pack about tiny homes, it didn't really give what it promised. So personally, I'm worried about this one.

yeah i felt this way too
    but also it did come with cool ghost type so in that way i shall say yay
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Holiday wrote: »

This sounds... interesting. We're used to Stuff Packs being a few objects, some decor and the main event - a gameplay object, nothing to write home about. Trying not to read too much into it as there's obviously a line to draw before it takes a step up to a Game Pack, but this pack might be bigger than your usual SP.

I'm wondering if with how well Laundry Day, Tiny Living and Nifty Nitting were (and had decent amount of gameplay added) that's the new direction for stuff packs? Looking forward to tomorrow! :)
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited January 2021
    Have you guys already seen hate and whining on Twitter from "realistic" players?
    Like OMG! And this is just a stuff pack! Imagine when we get something more... they will start burning witches! Our beloved witches!!!

Dont you know? Occult players are basically not allowed to have anything as far as the realistic players are concerned. In fact, occult players dont even exist!
    There's 36 packs in this game. Out of that 36, occult players have 5 packs to work with. 5. And that's including Journey To Batuu which most people don't even consider. So a solid 4 out of 36 packs for occult players.

There's 15 worlds in this game. How many of those are occult/unrealistic? What, Forgotten Hollow? Because it's mostly dark? And the Magic Realm that's 1 lot and you can't even live in it?

No they wont. Once the pack drops the realistic playerbase will be in full force DEMANDING that whatever supernatural content is getting in the way of the pretty pretty objects be toned down to near non-existance, thereby leaving occult players in the dust again. Since I guess its impossible to let other players enjoy other packs nor understand that people have other playstyles too that isnt any "better" or "worse" than someone else's.
    Post edited by InuMiroLover on
  • Options

Dont you know? Occult players are basically not allowed to have anything as far as the realistic players are concerned. In fact, occult players dont even exist!

No they wont. Once the pack drops the realistic playerbase will be in full force DEMANDING that whatever supernatural content is getting in the way of the pretty pretty objects be toned down to new non-existance, thereby leaving occult players in the dust again. Since I guess its impossible to let other players enjoy other packs nor understand that people have other playstyles too that isnt any "better" or "worse" than someone else's.

One thing I would say is that many of us were vocal in demanding that the Murphy Bed didn't get nerfed and we succeeded, it's still a reliable way to add a lot of risk to a home. So plan to be vocal about any parts of any pack you enjoy.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    No they wont. Once the pack drops the realistic playerbase will be in full force DEMANDING that whatever supernatural content is getting in the way of the pretty pretty objects be toned down to new non-existance, thereby leaving occult players in the dust again. Since I guess its impossible to let other players enjoy other packs nor understand that people have other playstyles too that isnt any "better" or "worse" than someone else's.

Then we'll DEMAND back, if they want a civil war so be it, I'm sick and tired of being neglected because I rather play as a supernatural sim instead of a boring stupid normal sim, 2021 belongs to Occult simmers and if the realism simmers complain, just complain louder, I want Werewolves and Fairies by the end of the year.
  • Options
    CladriahCladriah Posts: 69 Member

"Before occult patch, we need university." Adds university . "I mean, farming. we need farm world before occult."
  • Options
    Cladriah wrote: »

"Before occult patch, we need university." Adds university . "I mean, farming. we need farm world before occult."

farming would be a waste of resources that could go towards occults and a medieval pack.