Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ghostly Pack Coming?

Comments

• Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    If this has the Psychic Career, seance table and ouiji board, I'm interested. I can definitely think of a few Sims in my game who'd have some fun with those!
    Not so bothered by the ghost hunter career possibility but I do know a lot of people who would be excited! <3
    Interested to see what tomorrow brings forth!
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I would love a HAUNTED HOUSE lot trait but if we don't get proper build/buy stuff for a haunted house then what's the point. I know the old broken down house with boarded windows or shattered glass is cliche, but there's a reason it's cliche. Old, dusty furniture and ripped sheets covering an old sofa, etc.
  • Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    edited January 2021
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I would love a HAUNTED HOUSE lot trait but if we don't get proper build/buy stuff for a haunted house then what's the point. I know the old broken down house with boarded windows or shattered glass is cliche, but there's a reason it's cliche. Old, dusty furniture and ripped sheets covering an old sofa, etc.

Even more so if it's a Victorian style house, I always wanted to live in one even if it was haunted and had a colorful history IRL, however since the pack is going to be revealed tomorrow, it's better to keep your expectations low, sometimes not everyone gets what they want.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,478 Member
    I very much hope the pre-patch or the pack itself includes a ghost occult overhaul....we need to be able to create these fellas in CAS...
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,416 Member
    It looks like there will be 70's inspired build buy and CAS items.
  • Options
    adele_katadele_kat Posts: 130 Member
    edited January 2021
    Have you guys already seen hate and whining on Twitter from "realistic" players?
    Like OMG! And this is just a stuff pack! Imagine when we get something more... they will start burning witches! Our beloved witches!!!
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    adele_kat wrote: »
    Have you guys already seen hate and whining on Twitter from "realistic" players?
    Like OMG! And this is just a stuff pack! Imagine when we get something more... they will start burning witches! Our beloved witches!!!

Hey, don't diss me.
  • Options
    YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    I cannot understand this hate and whinning at all, it is too much XD And I am saying it as a person who loves realistic, family and occult gameplay... I don't even read the comments under sims twitter anymore. I bet EA does the same :lol:
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,478 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

I can spot a beaded string curtain. And it moves. I’m excited. I hope there is one for the door and it makes a beady sound. Perhaps a sim can get stuck in it? Death by Door Bead Curtain.

It’s a thing. It’s been going on for over 6 years believe it or not...
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,981 Member
    I'm really not vibing with these clothing choices for the pack but :sweat_smile:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    The clothes seem very realistic-player friendly. If we can't get some edgy, black clothes in a spooky pack, when are we gonna get them. But I guess it make sense, judging by the Sims Team's personal fashion choices.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    krist556krist556 Posts: 70 Member
    i cant wait to bust ghosts :)
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,725 Member

More than usual?

This is going to keep going as long as EA and Maxis keep making different packs than the most requested ones.
  • Options

I can spot a beaded string curtain. And it moves. I’m excited. I hope there is one for the door and it makes a beady sound. Perhaps a sim can get stuck in it? Death by Door Bead Curtain.

OMG, I didn't realize they were that dangerous. :lol: If they will really include a lot of 70s stuff in the pack, I wonder what other 70s references will be there, like maybe music or something. Maybe we'll get land phones back. And newspapers. And vinyl discs.

• Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,026 Member
    edited January 2021
    Gross, I don't like '70's stuff. I'd be fine with that, if it didn't come at the expense of other fashion choices. (Which it most likely will, given this is a Stuff Pack.) They already screwed us over with RoM by ditching standard wizard clothing for punk and normie stuff. Please, let there be some occult-y clothes in this pack.
    ugMcxZk.jpeg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,915 Member
    SimGuruNinja has a name for the ghost "Claude René Duplantier Guidry" That's if he isn't making fun of us!

I'm wondering if it's going to be set in one of those plantation houses.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member

Yep it seems really bad on twitter at the moment. I hate all this "who asked for it?" rubbish. Happy haunts was the second highest vote and a lot of the community liked the idea myself included. I am really hoping it's a psychic pack and not a ghost pack as that is what I voted for. Usually I play realism and not often with occults the exception being mermaids and ghosts but I always liked the psychic stuff and faeries from sims 3 supernatural (I highly doubt faeries are in this pack). Those comments on twitter are giving us other realism players a bad name who are happy for occult players and see no issue with the pack theme. I personally think it should have been a game pack as they could have made one out of the ideas listed at the time.
  • Options
    Simburian wrote: »
    SimGuruNinja has a name for the ghost "Claude René Duplantier Guidry" That's if he isn't making fun of us!

Are we getting long names options for the sims? Middle names and double barreled names?
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,915 Member
    Simburian wrote: »

Are we getting long names options for the sims? Middle names and double barreled names?

No idea but NInja likes to confuse us. It wasn't hyphenated anywhere though. Just a name he put out on Twitch.
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    I have cautious optimism about the pack. Honestly, the game packs and stuff packs were for the most part more intriguing and fun to me than the expansion packs this past year.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,293 Member
    Well I am excited! I'm curious to know how I'll be able to work this pack into my supernatural story :wink:
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,725 Member
    edited January 2021

SimGuruConor is involved? Ok, I actually got a little interested now. I like what he did with Nifty Knitting.

And hey, basegame update as well:

r3shKkY.png
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member

This sounds... interesting. We're used to Stuff Packs being a few objects, some decor and the main event - a gameplay object, nothing to write home about. Trying not to read too much into it as there's obviously a line to draw before it takes a step up to a Game Pack, but this pack might be bigger than your usual SP.