Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ghostly Pack Coming?

167891012...Next

Comments

• kayt45kayt45 Posts: 434 Member
    This would be a great pack for them to also patch in a legit fear emotion.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Hmmmm according to the leaked pack description there is Bonehilda. I gotta say: I am impressed!
  • MockerMocker Posts: 29 Member
    Cladriah wrote: »
    adele_kat wrote: »
    Have you guys already seen hate and whining on Twitter from "realistic" players?
    Like OMG! And this is just a stuff pack! Imagine when we get something more... they will start burning witches! Our beloved witches!!!

There's 36 packs in this game. Out of that 36, occult players have 5 packs to work with. 5. And that's including Journey To Batuu which most people don't even consider. So a solid 4 out of 36 packs for occult players.

Get To Work: Aliens
    Island Living: Mermaids
    Vampires: Vampires
    Realm Of Magic: Spellcasters

There's 15 worlds in this game. How many of those are occult/unrealistic? What, Forgotten Hollow? Because it's mostly dark? And the Magic Realm that's 1 lot and you can't even live in it?

I think realism players will be alright.

"Before occult patch, we need university." Adds university . "I mean, farming. we need farm world before occult."

farming would be a waste of resources that could go towards occults and a medieval pack.

Well, I don't know temporalgod, it seems to me that they should first add horses(for many of us I think it won't seem like a waste of resources, right?)it is for realistic players to the farm dlc, after which they will have the opportunity and ready-made resources to add a unicorn or pegasus for occult gamers. I mean, they won't be able to please realistic players and occult players at once. Everything will come gradually.

Moreover, we may not like the implementation of these topics because the developers have their own idea of how it should look like, for example: the vampires turned out great, the Iceland living is visually beautiful but the gameplay became boring, about Star Wars ... well ... um ... you get the idea what I mean.
  • emiobixemiobix Posts: 88 Member
    Can Guidry teach this gentleman-ness to all ghosts please?
  • revgrvrevgrv Posts: 225 Member
    They seem to have combined some elements, like the medium and ghost hunting career which is interesting. I hope the cursed items you can find are actual items and not 'evidence' like in the detective career. If it is they could incorporate another aspect like ouija boards and 'cursed' tarot cards maybe.
    &PHgr;
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    Mocker wrote: »
    farming would be a waste of resources that could go towards occults and a medieval pack.

Well, I don't know temporalgod, it seems to me that they should first add horses(for many of us I think it won't seem like a waste of resources, right?)it is for realistic players to the farm dlc, after which they will have the opportunity and ready-made resources to add a unicorn or pegasus for occult gamers. I mean, they won't be able to please realistic players and occult players at once. Everything will come gradually.

Moreover, we may not like the implementation of these topics because the developers have their own idea of how it should look like, for example: the vampires turned out great, the Iceland living is visually beautiful but the gameplay became boring, about Star Wars ... well ... um ... you get the idea what I mean.

With a Medieval Fantasy pack, you can have Elves and Fairies (fey Occults), Horses and Farming in the form of the peasant career, it can also have a knight career.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Mocker wrote: »

With a Medieval Fantasy pack, you can have Elves and Fairies (fey Occults), Horses and Farming in the form of the peasant career, it can also have a knight career.

But the Elves and Fairies should absolutely be the focus of the pack, whilst horses are thrown in as an afterthought. They will be pretty to look at but have little game play. ;)
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    edited January 2021
    It would be nice if some of the clutter items were objects that a ghost could "throw" at a wall and shatter to frighten sim and then, magically reappear whole and intact.
    Post edited by Dannydanbo on
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I feel like you will have to reach a certain level as a Medium to summon Bonehilda as your servant but honestly I'm going to love this pack, especially the hippy designs.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    I'm thinking that I will turn that large house in Glimmerbrook into a haunted house using the haunted lot trait and make it a rental and send my sims there for a night of fears and frights, ghosts and ghouls, scares and seances. No sleep for you my pretties. At least they'll get to meet the ghost of Johnny Depp. :D
  • ChocoSulSulChocoSulSul Posts: 182 Member
    > @kayt45 said:
    > This would be a great pack for them to also patch in a legit fear emotion.

This is confirmed for an update apparently.
    https://simscommunity.info/2021/01/12/the-sims-4-base-game-is-getting-a-new-scared-emotional-state/
    https://simscommunity.info/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/ErjIyAaVgAI1AWF.png
  • ChocoSulSulChocoSulSul Posts: 182 Member
    > @temporalgod said:
    > farming would be a waste of resources that could go towards occults and a medieval pack.

You mention this but you have the biggest waste of resources on your profile picture ... Really? I do not understand these types of comments. I think Maxis / EA will give everyone what they want over time. I play with realism more than anything, but I also play with the occult when I feel like it. Farms would be a great addition to the game. What we need is more play right now. Better babies, better old men, jazz or rock bands with recitals and singers who play instruments, farms, to satisfy all who ask, and eventually some pack of werewolves like vampires that was very good, the best of the "hidden" In my opinion . Fairies as an addition, just like they implemented mermaids. Do you have so much to add and only take care of attacking what others want? I'm glad that someone somewhere in the world enjoys the pack they are launching at the moment, it will be my turn at some point and that of many who want the same as me or not and maybe they still like it. I'm happy for the "hidden" players who got such a seemingly cool bundle of stuff! But the type of comment you are making on this forum simply generates hatred and is not constructive at all. I hope you reconsider and not be so selfish. Health
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    > @temporalgod said:
    > farming would be a waste of resources that could go towards occults and a medieval pack.

You mention this but you have the biggest waste of resources on your profile picture ... Really? I do not understand these types of comments. I think Maxis / EA will give everyone what they want over time. I play with realism more than anything, but I also play with the occult when I feel like it. Farms would be a great addition to the game. What we need is more play right now. Better babies, better old men, jazz or rock bands with recitals and singers who play instruments, farms, to satisfy all who ask, and eventually some pack of werewolves like vampires that was very good, the best of the "hidden" In my opinion . Fairies as an addition, just like they implemented mermaids. Do you have so much to add and only take care of attacking what others want? I'm glad that someone somewhere in the world enjoys the pack they are launching at the moment, it will be my turn at some point and that of many who want the same as me or not and maybe they still like it. I'm happy for the "hidden" players who got such a seemingly cool bundle of stuff! But the type of comment you are making on this forum simply generates hatred and is not constructive at all. I hope you reconsider and not be so selfish. Health

I'm constantly changing my profile picture, I put Luke on because of the Mandalorian S2 finale, I'm planning on changing it soon.

Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I'm thinking that I will turn that large house in Glimmerbrook into a haunted house using the haunted lot trait and make it a rental and send my sims there for a night of fears and frights, ghosts and ghouls, scares and seances. No sleep for you my pretties. At least they'll get to meet the ghost of Johnny Depp. :D

it'll be Interesting in my game since I already have Vampire Johnny Depp.
    > @temporalgod said:

I'm constantly changing my profile picture, I put Luke on because of the Mandalorian S2 finale, I'm planning on changing it soon.

Dannydanbo wrote: »

it'll be Interesting in my game since I already have Vampire Johnny Depp.

I can see Johnny Depp as a vampire.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    "They're Here"
    "Don't go into the light Carol Anne!"
  • GardenRecluseGardenRecluse Posts: 6 New Member
    love the ghostly pack coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • GardenRecluseGardenRecluse Posts: 6 New Member
    I hope there are spiral staircases or elegant curved staircases in the future! More objects please! We need an OBJECT PACK and a PLANT PACK, that would satisfy the moaners and groaners that want more stuff? Wouldn't it????
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    They'll have to patch in a base-game spiral staircase, which means spiral staircases will come out at the same time as a pack - just like ladders did come out with Strangeville even though we get a free ladder as well as a patch ladder.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited January 2021
    guys... am i hallusinating or is the ceiling in the trailer 1:02 black?????????????????

obviously it could just be trailer edit but i was sort of thinking about how we have those very unspoopy white ceilings that will ruin all my spoopy builds with this pack too and how its so nice and dark in the trailer but

*stares at that black space very intensely*

actually it could also just be the wall trim

i guess i have to exorcise myself of the hopes for black ceiling
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    The tricky part with Spiral stairs is the routing because the different ceiling heights (and now, with platforms, floor heights) will impact where the landing is for the stairs. I have some 3D architecture programs and getting the spiral stairs rotated correctly is always a tricky business.

Not saying they can't do it, or aren't working on it. Just a reason why they may be taking a while.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    guys... am i hallusinating or is the ceiling in the trailer 1:02 black?????????????????

obviously it could just be trailer edit but i was sort of thinking about how we have those very unspoopy white ceilings that will ruin all my spoopy builds with this pack too and how its so nice and dark in the trailer but

*stares at that black space very intensely*

actually it could also just be the wall trim

i guess i have to exorcise myself of the hopes for black ceiling

@Simmingal I would have loved this to be true but I think the black part is the wood at the top of the wallpaper and not a ceiling. That's just my guess though
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    The tricky part with Spiral stairs is the routing because the different ceiling heights (and now, with platforms, floor heights) will impact where the landing is for the stairs. I have some 3D architecture programs and getting the spiral stairs rotated correctly is always a tricky business.

Not saying they can't do it, or aren't working on it. Just a reason why they may be taking a while.

This is why I don't think we'll ever get spiral stairs. I also think that this is why they gave us stairs that twist and turn so much, to make up for spiral stairs and help create a smaller footprint for a stair that we've been asking for.

I can live without spiral stairs but I would love two things done:
    1. Carpeted stairs chosen from the carpet swatches like you do with a floor.
    2. Stairs on a 45 degree angle. Not all my builds are North/South or East/West. I do have several on a diagonal.

I also want to be able to add a stair rail to just one side at a time. I'm so tired of FAT rails showing through the walls that stairs are placed against. It's ridiculous. Is there no QC any more?
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited January 2021
    adele_kat wrote: »
    Have you guys already seen hate and whining on Twitter from "realistic" players?
    Like OMG! And this is just a stuff pack! Imagine when we get something more... they will start burning witches! Our beloved witches!!!

Dont you know? Occult players are basically not allowed to have anything as far as the realistic players are concerned. In fact, occult players dont even exist!
    There's 36 packs in this game. Out of that 36, occult players have 5 packs to work with. 5. And that's including Journey To Batuu which most people don't even consider. So a solid 4 out of 36 packs for occult players.

Get To Work: Aliens
    Island Living: Mermaids
    Vampires: Vampires
    Realm Of Magic: Spellcasters

There's 15 worlds in this game. How many of those are occult/unrealistic? What, Forgotten Hollow? Because it's mostly dark? And the Magic Realm that's 1 lot and you can't even live in it?

I think realism players will be alright.

No they wont. Once the pack drops the realistic playerbase will be in full force DEMANDING that whatever supernatural content is getting in the way of the pretty pretty objects be toned down to near non-existance, thereby leaving occult players in the dust again. Since I guess its impossible to let other players enjoy other packs nor understand that people have other playstyles too that isnt any "better" or "worse" than someone else's.

I’m a realistic player, but I have always found something in the occult packs that I like as well. And they don’t make occult’s overly annoying. Even occult players probably like that, because it would make vampires, spell casters, mermaids, and aliens really boring if they are there at every turn. And if you should want your game full of vampires, soellcasters, mermaids and aliens, you can always make them. I remember when I first played get together and my scientist had their first experience with aliens, it was exciting because They hadn’t encountered them before.

The first thing I did when I got vampires was move the Goths house to forgotten hollow and made graves in the yard for Mortimer parents. I mean, Forgotten hollow is exactly where I have always thought the Goths should live. I would love to have a Goth pack..... with lots of black things ( with variations of other colors).

And, I think this paranormal pack is going to be great. I love the idea of the haunted house, seance table and psychic or paranormal investigator..... I mean they do exist in real life....... somewhere, I have read about them.

I do have to say, I loved the furniture in realm of magic, and of course Forgotten Hollow. One of my disappointments in vampires and realm of magic were no Dracula capes, and no witches costume, spooky stuff just doesn’t cut it in that department. I wanted a witches hat without the spider. I sure hope some Halloween they will think of giving us Dracula's cape and a real witch hat and outfit. I don’t use custom content or mods...... so I’d really like to see those 2 things in the game.