Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ghostly Pack Coming?

Comments

• Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Lately the Game Packs have been built for Console Players. You know, people who only feel the need to play The Sims through like once because they don't have a Mouse attatchment for their console.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Floating plush dolls that probably already exist in some capacity in this game. Are the regular sim ghosts too scary....? Really seems to emphasize the “happy” in happy haunts. Not surprised
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Yeah agree, those spirit things look like they belong in a kids' show. I can't with the whole childish approach of this game anymore...
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,916 Member
    edited January 2021
    We got a cemetery in The Snowy Escape so maybe a proper, useable one, I hope if this a haunting pack.
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    Another supernatural/fantasy Game Pack (I presume?)? Mehhhhh. So much meh.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    Nekomata19Nekomata19 Posts: 105 Member
    Omg! That's awesome! I hope ghost hunting is a thing with this because my Ghostbuster sims need something to do, lol. But either way those ghosties are adorable! Pleeeease be a game pack!!!
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,452 Member
    The first thing I thought about when I saw those green things was a Domestos commercial. I like that they have a bit of an eerie green glow about them, wonder if we can keep them in a jar, like fireflies.
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    I read somewhere that the green text in the teaser would mean that it's definitely a Stuff Pack, but that's not necessarily true:

c3WvCWJ.jpg

Seems like that's just the general look of their GIFS. I personally still think it'll be a SP, but a GP would be welcome too.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    It looks like that Voidcritter Haunt stuff pack we’ve all been wishing for.

The one in which Yamachan lives under your bed...

Lmbo 😂😂😂
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Yeah agree, those spirit things look like they belong in a kids' show. I can't with the whole childish approach of this game anymore...

I agree, I hope it's more scary and less cute. I liked Vampires because of how dark and scary it was.
  • Options
    krist556krist556 Posts: 70 Member
    cant wait for it hope its have both grim reaper and ghost hunting Careers
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,050 Member
    bixters wrote: »

I agree, I hope it's more scary and less cute. I liked Vampires because of how dark and scary it was.

I feel there is like certain balance with realism and occult like there needs to be certain amount of dark realism to make occult more fun

which is why realm of magic kind of flopped for me because its just all around happy happy pack and it totally ignored the fact i want to use magic for evil and have things be more permanent to my story

say turning sim into toad they shouldnt just immediately be released from the spell by themselves it makes 0 sense to even perform spells that flimsy p_p
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    I'm excited and can't wait, I just hope the Grim Reaper career isn't cut or removed, I'll be extremely 🐸🐸🐸🐸 if that ends up being the case.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,452 Member
    krist556 wrote: »
    cant wait for it hope its have both grim reaper and ghost hunting Careers

Grim with his dark and gloomy look will look rather funny with the cheerful green blobs around.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited January 2021
    Dakota88 wrote: »

Occult packs were RoM and Vampires. We only had one single pack so far with family gameplay. So there is even less family gameplay than occult gameplay.

I'd have to disagree, Parenthood may be the only one "specifically" about families, however there definitely isn't less family gameplay.

Pretty much every pack adds something for family play, whilst the only packs that add anything occult related are get to work, vampires, island living and realm of magic. For example Eco Lifestyle has a really nice bed for toddlers which I give every toddler sim now and it has some really good stuff for family homes, but there's nothing there that specifically improves occult play. I can make a nice family home with the stuff from that pack but I can't make a witchy sim with it if that makes sense.

Anyways my hope is that this year this pack will be a game pack, and then generations will be released a few months later as the expansion, that way everyone wins and gets the packs they want. It's about time they started adding the packs people want, for both realism and occult players. :)
    Post edited by Onverser on
  • Options
    quinhobpquinhobp Posts: 220 Member
    They confirmed it will be a stuff pack
  • Options
  • Options
    quinhobpquinhobp Posts: 220 Member

The thing with this tweet is the word “investigation”. A strangerville vibe or a “click here to do this, do it five times to complete the objective” worries me.
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited January 2021
    quinhobp wrote: »

The thing with this tweet is the word “investigation”. A strangerville vibe or a “click here to do this, do it five times to complete the objective” worries me.

Maybe some kind of ghost hunting object/career will be the main feature. I'm hoping for the psychic career mentioned in the stuff pack vote at the time, though.
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 674 Member
    The world reveal in green hints at a psychic career while the world investigate to ghosthunters..is it possible to get two in a stuff pack? Maybe if they dont add a lot of stuff?
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    okay im starting to hope its just ghost hunting and the only reason its stuff pack is cause it didnt fit in mega awesome grimmy graveyards bonehilda fortune telling seances rituals dragons amusement parks gp/ep coming later

but ik its false hope
    eb75ae147e6d49fec24e6480518a22a0laying-cry-in-floods-of-tears-meme.jpg
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 674 Member
    I m a bit dissapointed. I was hoping for fully fleshed psychics..something for my occult sims to do etc. A stuff by definition doesbt have a lot of gameplay.
  • Options
    YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    I don't mind it being a stuff pack, last few stuff packs were quite good. I am not expecting anything breathtaking, but again I wouldn't even if it was an expansion pack, EA lowered my hype and excitement long ago, but I am still able to enjoy almost all of the packs. The only thing I know for sure that sim community will be dissapoited anyway XD Even if will get generations one day, people still will be unhappy and disappointed for one reason or another.
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member

investigation so ghost hunter but Disney+ family friendly politically correct appropriate to appeal towards the kiddies. Hate the ghost design. Sims 3 was simple but their spirits were better. But then again the target audience is all these 4 year olds that listen to K Pop and watch Ryan's toy reviews and baby shark music video. So.....
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1