Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ghostly Pack Coming?

Comments

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    edited January 2021
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    If it's a Stuff Pack, remember that it won't have everything listed for Happy Haunts. About the only thing I'm reasonably sure it will have is the Grim Reaper Career that everyone was so hyped about.

The other careers and ghost improvements are not guaranteed. Heck, they aren't guaranteed even if it's a Game Pack.

Just keep your expectations in check, and you're less likely to be bitter when it doesn't meet them. (About the only reason I wasn't part of the crew who likes star wars decrying the Star Wars pack. I kept my expectations low...)

Gotcha
    a7WVB9b_460s.jpg

I just really wish they didn't do that to me and my poor hopes and dreams
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    That is fantastic news, I NEED a ghost hunter career (and please let it be better than in TS3).
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    I hope it's not a gamepack.

Well, then it will basically have nothing in it. One career, a few CAS items, and some BB. A total waste of potential. This pack was highly voted on.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    bixters wrote: »

Well, then it will basically have nothing in it. One career, a few CAS items, and some BB. A total waste of potential. This pack was highly voted on.

i mean in all honesty dont we all wish it was ep but thats most likely not gonna happen because world is a cruel place

kermit-sad-depressed-Favim.com-6334529.jpg
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    I hope it's a stuff pack because we didn't get any family pack since Parenthood in 2017 and 2021 should be reserved for more family gameplay.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I hope it's a stuff pack because we didn't get any family pack since Parenthood in 2017 and 2021 should be reserved for more family gameplay.

While I agree we need more family gameplay, and am personally a more realistic player myself, I think occult players deserve a little love. And a Stuff Pack would just be pathetic. It should be a Game Pack, otherwise nothing will be fleshed out. Can you imagine if Parenthood had been a Stuff Pack? That would have been awful.
  • Options

While I agree we need more family gameplay, and am personally a more realistic player myself, I think occult players deserve a little love. And a Stuff Pack would just be pathetic. It should be a Game Pack, otherwise nothing will be fleshed out. Can you imagine if Parenthood had been a Stuff Pack? That would have been awful.

Occult players had Realm of Magic and Vampires while family players only had Parenthood.
  • Options
    akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member

Occult players had Realm of Magic and Vampires while family players only had Parenthood.

well if you think on a larger scale, the occults have to wait a lot longer and pick up crumbs from separate packages for good gameplay, besides the fact that even though there is little familiar content on the sims 4, we did have semi-focused content for the family, like the expansion of the snow itself, which focuses on external activities but with interaction in the family, the trico one won precisely because it was focused on being similar to the generations (which in particular should have come in a single expansion)

finally in addition to other content already released that has interaction between ages.

in the end what i think we will have generations anyway so for occults and supernatural fans any level of content focused on mysticism is already a beautiful dish for us because we are happy to play with this kind of thing. And let's face it, although it seems like a supernatural minority player are a consistent fanbase, a pity that we will certainly never have a dedicated expansion of occults but at least Vampires and Realm of Magic were great gamepacks and in particular makes my top 3 with parenthood
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member

Let this be a game pack and family play gets the expansion pack true to Generations from Sims 3. Family play deserves the expansion pack as its that desperately needed. Occult fans can have another game pack dedicated to the niche. Lets just hope family play gets the expansion in the future and its not another Island Living/Discover University/Snowy Escape low quality game pack for $40.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

Family players also had Realm of Magic and Vampires. Occult isn't the opposite of family play, we have families too. Realism is the opposite and we have lots of that. Family Occult Players should have got more content in RoM and Vampires to be sure.
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    If it's Happy Haunts I wouldn't mind seeing this expanded into a Game Pack, seems like quite a good amount of content and potential ideas for just a Stuff Pack.
  • Options
    Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    I voted for Happy Haunts in the last community SP, so I'm hoping it's along those lines.
  • Options
    CladriahCladriah Posts: 69 Member

i think you are thinking about realism. i play occult family style sim stories.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »

i mean in all honesty dont we all wish it was ep but thats most likely not gonna happen because world is a cruel place

Lolol😂😂😂agreed. Though I'm even more concerned about those "ghosts" is this super mario deluxe?😭😭😭 can we not have anything actually scary in this game?
    Don't know what the final product will be but just going off the gif
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited January 2021
    Simmingal wrote: »

Lolol😂😂😂agreed. Though I'm even more concerned about those "ghosts" is this super mario deluxe?😭😭😭 can we not have anything actually scary in this game?
    Don't know what the final product will be but just going off the gif

I'm a bit cautious too because the little spirits remind me of a crossover between ROM's familiars and Luigi's Mansion 3 :D I hope it won't be too cutesy this time around. Maybe there'll be good and bad spirits or something?

Edit: Upped the brightness a bit

8hN79VL.jpg

emPBQVh.jpg

Looks like a new fireplace, new wooden floor, new painting and new wallpaper? Correct me if I'm wrong. I get gothic/dark vibes from it
    Post edited by EliasVersace on
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited January 2021
    Questionable decision to release a Halloween themed pack in January/February but still I'm excited.

Please don't be a stuff pack though. The theme would be wasted as an SP with just a couple furniture items. It would just be Spooky Day 2.0. If they're gonna do it I really hope they do it well and properly.
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited April 2021
    Deleted
    Post edited by bella_goth on
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Onverser wrote: »

Not to be rude but why is it always "we should be getting family packs instead!" every single time an occult pack comes out. I didn't see a single person saying this when they released snowy escape, tiny living, nifty knitting, discover university, etc instead of generations but as soon as something's for players who like occult stuff, out comes the outcry of "but families!"

This whole family player vs occult player thing is just so exhausting. Can't people just be happy for someone else getting a pack they like for once? Both occult players and family players are missing out on a lot of things they want in this game and have been waiting a very long time for them to be added.

It's actually every single time any other pack comes out because there hasn't been a family pack since 2017, so it's not only occult packs that disappoint me these days, sorry bro. The last pack I was geniuenly excited about was Discover University. The only REAL family pack that really expanded on family gameplay was Parenthood. Snowy Escape or Eco Living weren't family packs, neither was Knifty Knitting. I liked those packs, but I was disappointed we didn't get anything more family related.

Occult packs were RoM and Vampires. We only had one single pack so far with family gameplay. So there is even less family gameplay than occult gameplay.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    aws200 wrote: »

Let this be a game pack and family play gets the expansion pack true to Generations from Sims 3. Family play deserves the expansion pack as its that desperately needed. Occult fans can have another game pack dedicated to the niche. Lets just hope family play gets the expansion in the future and its not another Island Living/Discover University/Snowy Escape low quality game pack for $40.

family play had so few content, it deserves a gamepack AND an expansion pack this year. I want Generations with babies, proms, sleepovers and all of the fun stuff for families as an EP and I want active school play with a day care career and preteens as GP.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I didn’t vote for knitting or for happy haunts, but there will probably be something I can enjoy in this pack, whatever it is.

I just realized, it makes sense that the ghosts are cute. The pack was called happy haunts, after all.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    CelSims wrote: »

Family players also had Realm of Magic and Vampires. Occult isn't the opposite of family play, we have families too. Realism is the opposite and we have lots of that. Family Occult Players should have got more content in RoM and Vampires to be sure.

I know lots of occult players play with families, and this is not supposed to be an occult player vs family player thing.

It's just - we family players (without any occults) didn't get anything since Parenthood. If you also play families you should miss lots of family content too that previous TS iterations had?

The occult packs were useless to me. I don't play with the occults, never have played with them. If you play with families, then a family pack should contribute to your playstyle too.

And I AM happy for you getting the pack, it's just that I wish we would have got some family content first after 4 years of nothing...
  • Options
    Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    If we get happy haunts as a gamepack before we get fairies and werewolves I shall be extremely annoyed. Some of us have been waiting years for our favourite occults to return to the Sims 4. I am hoping this is a stuff pack with the gameplay component being a ghost hunting career. That was the only gameplay option that I liked for happy haunt and those spirits in the gif remind me a lot of the spirits that you encounter in the ghosthunter career in the Sims 3. That career was a lot of fun in the Sims 3 and if they can pull off something like that in the Sims 4 I will be very impressed.
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.