Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ghostly Pack Coming?

Comments

• Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Can I ask what the point is in making happy haunts a stuff pack? I don't see how people crave supernatural looking outfits and objects more than actual supernatural gameplay. Stuff packs come with just one gameplay feature so the whole supernatural gameplay idea is basically wasted.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »

I'm disappointed this is going to be a Stuff Pack when it has enough content to be a Game Pack. I also find it strange that they had enough content to fill up an entire Expansion Pack for Eco Lifestyle (which was a Stuff Pack in the poll), but not for Happy Haunts? Lame.
    They keep changing the definition of these pack types. Wasn't Stuff Pack just supposed to have "stuff" originally? And now they have whole careers?
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Can I ask what the point is in making happy haunts a stuff pack? I don't see how people crave supernatural looking outfits and objects more than actual supernatural gameplay. Stuff packs come with just one gameplay feature so the whole supernatural gameplay idea is basically wasted.

Exactly, we'll get one career, some CAS and BB. Maybe a seance table if we're lucky. It's such a waste.
    The content they described in the poll would have fit perfectly in a Game Pack.
    I was dying to play as the GRIM REAPER but I guess not.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,971 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    Simmingal wrote: »

I'm disappointed this is going to be a Stuff Pack when it has enough content to be a Game Pack. I also find it strange that they had enough content to fill up an entire Expansion Pack for Eco Lifestyle (which was a Stuff Pack in the poll), but not for Happy Haunts? Lame.
    They keep changing the definition of these pack types. Wasn't Stuff Pack just supposed to have "stuff" originally? And now they have whole careers?

yeah its weird how they have all them great ideas and then just end up doing the boring ones

I shall turn into vengeful ghost and haunt the hallways of EA offices
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    My only hope is that the last few stuff packs were really good. Sp hopefully whatever we get they do it well. It's disappointing but I'm hoping they are holding out for apocalyptic zombie vs wearwolves gamepack mashup? 😅😅😅 a girl can dream 🤤
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    i think you guys are jumping to conclusions without even knowing what's the pack about, it doesn't mean we won't have more occult related stuff, according to their pattern (aliens in 2015, vampires in 2017, mermaids & spellcasters in 2019) we'll get more occults this year
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I hope it’s a Game Pack and they not only add new content but revamp current ghosts, give them
    special abilities and etc
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    In my opinion, whenever they do those polls with all of the really cool sounding things, that they will always narrow it down and pick just one from the list they teased us with (usually which ever one is easiest to implement) into the actual pack. It's really misleading and I feel like they should actually only put in what they know is realistically going to be included so people are not voting (and hoping) for everything listed.

They do this all the time, some how the "hobby" pack turned into just knitting, which was not what I was voting for. I was expecting it to be an entire pack devoted to ..... hobbies! All of them that were listed, and not just one!

So, I would assume this is the same case.

Probably the ghosthunter (aka Ghostbuster) was the easiest to do since it can reuse the animations from the Eco Lifestyle smog vacuum.

This definitely was not a pack theme or idea I was ever interested in, but I will feel bad for anybody who was wanting it if it turns out to be lame.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,971 Member
    4507954d7587a0abcb06465df76a8492f43c8c21_hq.jpg

^ me at EA office building
    if you know you know :wink:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member

I think all of the Supernatural and spooky stuff should have come in 2 big EPs. One with ghost and spooky stuff, the other one featuring creatures like fairies, werevolves, zombies, vampires and mermaids.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    aws200 wrote: »

investigation so ghost hunter but Disney+ family friendly politically correct appropriate to appeal towards the kiddies. Hate the ghost design. Sims 3 was simple but their spirits were better. But then again the target audience is all these 4 year olds that listen to K Pop and watch Ryan's toy reviews and baby shark music video. So.....

The perfect comment
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,293 Member
    Nooo! A stuff pack! Seriously???

Meh... At least it's only a tenner!
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Stuff pack, so a ghost hunting freelance career using Snowy Escape spirits and the Eco Living smog vacuum. Hope the build/buy is good as I'm not terribly interested in cutesy ghosts. I wonder what the 'hero item' would be? All I can come up with is a seance table reusing card game animations.....
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    It’s a shame it’s going to be a stuff pack as a gamepack it could have had a lot of potential. I wanted the seance table and psychic career when I voted for happy haunts but I think this will be the ghost Hunter career maybe it will include more than we think as stuff packs seem
    to be more fleshed out now then the earlier ones. I’m still excited to see what it has in it. I do feel the spirit things look too nicey nice as when I think of spirits they are not what springs to mind. At least it’s something simmers wanted. I’m not a huge occults fan but do play with ghosts.
  • Options

Because the knitting pack clearly flopped hard. I don’t recall the runner up from the first time ever being made. No other explanation.
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited January 2021

Because the knitting pack clearly flopped hard. I don’t recall the runner up from the first time ever being made. No other explanation.

@drake_mccarty oh you think? Makes you wonder why the people who voted for the Arts and Crafts pack didn't actually buy it after they saw the finished product (*cough* me *cough*)
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options

@drake_mccarty oh you think? Makes you wonder why the people who voted for the Arts and Crafts pack didn't actually buy it after they saw the finished product (*cough* me *cough*)

They can only buy the pack once, but they could vote as many times as they wanted.
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    I'm so disappointed that this is going to be a stuff pack. I want game packs with a good amount of supernatural gameplay, not dribs and drabs across all kinds of different packs.

Vampires and Realm of Magic are still my favourite packs to this day, so it's kinda sad thinking about what could have been. :disappointed:
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Very disappointed that this pack is a stuff pack considering there is already a "spooky" stuff pack in the game.. It's giving me My First Pet Stuff vibes. The Sims 4, My First Spooky Stuff!

It's such a waste, I feel like pretty much everyone who wanted this pack wanted it to be a game pack. It's gonna be so heavily cut back like every other occult related thing in this game :#
  • Options
    krist556krist556 Posts: 70 Member
    cant wait to see more in the upcoming days
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member

That’s a shame and I did not know it was a flop. I never wanted nifty knitting and wanted the psychic career or seance table as I really want zodiac signs back and loved the fortune teller career in sims 3 and really want it I sims 4. It was only after seeing the end results of it I liked the look of it and use it a lot in my game. It seems a shame as I don’t think it’s not the worst stuff pack or even sims 4 pack in general. Actually I think it’s one of the best stuff packs and adds a lot to the game.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I was expecting a stuff pack because of the vote. Also because of voting I'm expecting one aspect that can be fleshed out, because it is "only" a stuff pack and that's how it's been done in the past. I do think the stuff packs have gotten better each year and I include knifty knitting in that. I enjoyed that pack and still use it to round out some of my sim characters. It's more fleshed out knitting than if they had tried (and failed) to cram multiple hobbies into one stuff pack. Which thank goodness they have never tried to do.
    So I'm expecting at least one of those things that was voted on. There's some possibilities I do want more than others... but really I want them all either way. So I'm not banking on being disappointed... quite the opposite. I'm really excited.
    I would have loved a GP or EP dedicated to all of it... but I doubt this will be the last pack with spooky/supernatural/occult themes.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    I think it should have been cars or nursery stuff with updated babies.
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    And we have a larger image:

UP5Gxfc.png

Source: Simlish4 on Twitter

Haunted House painting on the right. Looks like new curtains with red ornaments on the left. I'm liking that wallpaper.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    My other thought is a haunted house lot trait, (Island Living spirit lot trait with Kodama appearing instead), as she seems happy to see them rather than be getting rid of them.