Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ghostly Pack Coming?

Comments

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,157 Member
    There was Skeletons in Sims 3 World Adventure & yet we got Bonehilda in Sims 3 Supernatural, so it's still possible.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,918 Member
    wreck havoc on gardens at night like in TS3

I really liked everything else in your post, but it's a big hell no to this. I would have liked the zombies otherwise, but this was by far the aspect of TS3 that I most hated.

(1) It never made any sense whatsoever, why would zombies attack gardens? Unless it was supposed to be some sort of inside joke about Plants v. Zombies, but if so, it was a stupid inside joke. (2) It was SUPER annoying to spend time planning and growing your garden, and then zombies come along and destroy the whole thing in 5 minutes. It wasn't challenging gameplay, it was just a ridiculous waste of time.

• Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,040 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    They're not going to give us Bonehilda as they have already given us skeletons in Jungle Adventure and it's hard to get them to make something once, so they aren't likely to make it twice. Plus, Bonehilda is not a ghost. She's a skeleton which wouldn't fit the theme of a GHOST pack.
    They took the hot/cold system from Seasons and put it into Mt. Komorebi, taken and recolored clothing from other packs and put them in the base game, have tons of reused animations, turned drones into familiars, and reskinned their old hot tubs for the 20th anniversary. EA will take any chance they can get to pinch pennises and recycle.
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
  • Options
    krist556krist556 Posts: 70 Member
    only 3 days left in exited :)
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,998 Member
    I want a psychic career with a seance table and stuff, but most people want a grim reaper career.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    They're not going to give us Bonehilda as they have already given us skeletons in Jungle Adventure and it's hard to get them to make something once, so they aren't likely to make it twice. Plus, Bonehilda is not a ghost. She's a skeleton which wouldn't fit the theme of a GHOST pack.
    They took the hot/cold system from Seasons and put it into Mt. Komorebi, taken and recolored clothing from other packs and put them in the base game, have tons of reused animations, turned drones into familiars, and reskinned their old hot tubs for the 20th anniversary. EA will take any chance they can get to pinch pennises and recycle.

They HAD to revamp weather for a mountain top where is is snowing and snow covered 24/7. Without it, it would have been a silly idea for a mountain that only gets snow one quarter of the year.

Bonehilda simply isn't a BIG enough draw to warrant creating her specifically. Plus, as I pointed out before, this is a pack about GHOSTS, not SKELETONS. Add to that, they created a way to have a skeleton maid in Jungle Adventure when your sim finds the proper idol pieces. They won't do it again. If they were going to create her, it would have been then or in Vampires.

I'd like her back too, but I just don't see it happening. We can't get them to create cars and ocean swimming. Poor Bonehilda doesn't stand a ghost of a chance.
  • Options
    HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    I dunno. People are making a big enough stink about Bonehilda and this is a stuff pack. She is functionally a butler, yeah? That seems like something a stuff pack or another occult based expansion could put in.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    edited January 2021
    They may have had to add in weather for a mountain to make sense but they sure as heck didn't have to use all the seasons snow activities. An entire festival whose things to do are all the Seasons stuff like make snow pals.. Which by the way doesn't even really make sense for a festival of light. Got to squeeze in that reuse some how though!.

If they can name Cow plants because some spoilt youtuber thinks THAT is the important issue she should rant about, they can bring back Plumbella's Bonehilda.
    Post edited by CelSims on
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Can I ask what the point is in making happy haunts a stuff pack? I don't see how people crave supernatural looking outfits and objects more than actual supernatural gameplay. Stuff packs come with just one gameplay feature so the whole supernatural gameplay idea is basically wasted.

Because the knitting pack clearly flopped hard. I don’t recall the runner up from the first time ever being made. No other explanation.

It seems kind of conspiracy theory to me. Alternatively, do you remember when they announced the results and happy Hans was only a couple percents behind knitting?

They probably just both did so well that they decided to do both but one isn't to vote.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    If they give us a Psychic Powers for our sims, I can finally have my Charmed one Phoebe have her Premenisions power. B)
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I am disappointed by this theme since i dislike supernaturals and such. At least it didnt take this year's ep or gp slots.
  • Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    Mareah wrote: »
    I am disappointed by this theme since i dislike supernaturals and such. At least it didnt take this year's ep or gp slots.

Hopefully we get more supernatural GPs and EPs this year, the Generation simmers have 8 or 9 packs in total while Occult simmers have 4, temporary lifestates and ghosts don't count since Occult sims are suppose to be permanent and have their own needs.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,473 Member
    My Official Countdown Thread will be coming with a little surprise on Tuesday stay tuned.
  • Options
    I'm hoping for a haunted house lot trait.
  • Options
    HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    We...have the Haunted trait already?
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • Options
    I always knew it was the Occult/Fantasy players turn this year, due to the fact that every two years we get Occult packs.
    Yippee :p
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited January 2021
    Handel wrote: »

But it does nothing but spawn Casper lol
    How about a few rattling chains and unseen ghost activities that get sims scared.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    I've also noticed we have the haunted lot trait. However, I still want Ghostbusters & Psycics.
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited January 2021

Hopefully we get more supernatural GPs and EPs this year, the Generation simmers have 8 or 9 packs in total while Occult simmers have 4, temporary lifestates and ghosts don't count since Occult sims are suppose to be permanent and have their own needs.

This is simply not true. All the last GPs and EPs weren't really family gameplay packs. Yes, there was some family gameplay in Knifty Knitting (teach your child how to knit) and Snowy Escape (toddlers and children can sled/ski), but not much, the last packs were - again - more dedicated to YA/A gameplay and toddlers/children were only included in the activities, nothing more (oh, and there was the 1000th version of the kids acitvity table since seasons...). Going down this road you could also say they were supernatural packs because your vampires can sled and knit lol. So really?

And then there's this catastrophe called Batuu... Nothing could be farther from family gameplay!

The last pack that included some real family gameplay was toddler stuff in summer 2017 as far as I recall - and it wasn't really aimed at family gameplay either, it was just toddlers. So basically nothing since Parenthood in May 2017...
  • Options
    Handel wrote: »

We don't have a haunted house lot type though.
  • Options
    Dakota88 wrote: »

This is simply not true. All the last GPs and EPs weren't really family gameplay packs. Yes, there was some family gameplay in Knifty Knitting (teach your child how to knit) and Snowy Escape (toddlers and children can sled/ski), but not much, the last packs were - again - more dedicated to YA/A gameplay and toddlers/children were only included in the activities, nothing more (oh, and there was the 1000th version of the kids acitvity table since seasons...). Going down this road you could also say they were supernatural packs because your vampires can sled and knit lol. So really?

And then there's this catastrophe called Batuu... Nothing could be farther from family gameplay!

The last pack that included some real family gameplay was toddler stuff in summer 2017 as far as I recall - and it wasn't really aimed at family gameplay either, it was just toddlers. So basically nothing since Parenthood in May 2017...
    Dakota88 wrote: »

Let's not forget Seasons and even Snowy Escape introduced some Family Gameplay but yes a lot is still missing.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,056 Member
    why argue between family and occult players really

yes both themes lack loads of things
    and I really need both themes

but what is the point of arguing over a stuff pack that will most likely not satisfy anyones needs

in fact its now more likely we get bigger packs in realism themes this year

and some of those might have way more additions to family gameplay than this stuff pack has to occult

like lets just chillax and see what materializes
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,042 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    wreck havoc on gardens at night like in TS3

I really liked everything else in your post, but it's a big hell no to this. I would have liked the zombies otherwise, but this was by far the aspect of TS3 that I most hated.

(1) It never made any sense whatsoever, why would zombies attack gardens? Unless it was supposed to be some sort of inside joke about Plants v. Zombies, but if so, it was a stupid inside joke. (2) It was SUPER annoying to spend time planning and growing your garden, and then zombies come along and destroy the whole thing in 5 minutes. It wasn't challenging gameplay, it was just a ridiculous waste of time.

I never had TS3 Supernatural but heard many people found zombies destroying the garden annoying. Makes sense. That's why it would be important to:
    1) be able to secure your plants with fences and gates. If the gates are locked or disallow zombies (the way we can now disallow vampires from trespassing), the zombies can't do the damage.
    2) add a toggle to disable zombies altogether.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I don't mind an occult stuff pack as stuff packs don't invade worlds.
  • Options
    akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    edited January 2021
    this list of players focused on family gameplay is always tiring and always crying and complaining because occult players are finally getting something, isn’t it now since vampires I see this eventually, like guys? no occult player complains when we receive a family package, it’s not like we don’t want the game to have more depth in those terms, but we agree that it’s very annoying to always have someone complaining that the game is a life simulator and shouldn’t have that type of things (I’ve seen this type of argument on other networks) and finally other types of comments, like it’s boring and boring, the sims has never been a realistic life simulator, there’s always just supernatural stuff like randoness vibes throughout the franchise, complaining and wanting to obfuscate a fixed niche of the game and an audience just because your thematic expansion has not yet arrived does not mean that you are gaining something, you are just being boring. Family packages is practically 100% sure that I will come in ANY generation so just wait patiently, you dont see occult player complaining when a family pack comes, it is actually even easier to see them happy and waiting on the pack that can draw attention

although this franchise is the best in the area of ​​occult we still had very few, only two with depth, mermaids were totally superficial like aliens, plantsim honestly it is a shame and the Discover University Servants have not much to say, so let's go calm down and just try to accept that occult fanbase is strong and always waits for anything that makes him play, it is tiring to see people all the time commenting negatively on packages that just a lot of people like.

finally I understand that anyone who doesn't like occults and wants a more realistic game is really great is his style but don't keep pointing fingers and complaining about a pack that hasn't arrived yet and that will certainly arrive, in occults players we may not even have other supernaturals like they came on the Sims 3 SuperNatural and that’s not why we’re complaining directly, although of course always asking for them.

anyway let's wait and see it is a stuffpack soon we will probably have something a little shallow but add that to the roleplay of our spellcasters and vampires is this