Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Happy Haunts was wasted!

So you guys have probably already seen the teaser for the new Stuff pack. I just wanted to expess that I feel dissapointed the supernatural theme is wasted on a Stuff pack. Happy Haunts should have been a game pack imo and seeing how stuff packs only come with 1, max 2 new small gameplay features I feel like the whole supernatural thing is wasted.
We're just gonna get spooky hair, spooky outfits, spooky furniture because stuff. There will be not much new spooky gameplay. Personally, I don't feel like I need even more spooky CAS and BB as much as I need spooky gameplay in my game. Like cemeteries and haunted houses, a fear emotion etc.
Happy haunts should have been a game pack and Journey to Batuu should have been a stuff pack (or not exist at all)
Where's my Sims 5 squad at?

Comments

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    edited January 2021
    I agree. It could have been an amazing Game Pack and I also still think Realm of Magic should have been an EP. Also, I saw a lot of people who said they specifically didn't vote it first because they wanted it to be a game pack, not a stuff pack (myself included).

But I'm still going to wait it out and see what they did put in it before lodging my official complaints. It doesn't help to start it off in disappointment, though.

Edit: I did vote it first because I wanted it to be bumped up high, but I didn't necessarily want it to win because I though it would make a better GP.
    Post edited by LiELF on
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I'm going to also wait and see what it brings. Sucks to wait but who knows what awesome supernatural content they could be saving stuff for? Because I'm sure we will still get fairies, wearwolves or zombies if not all three. Can't see them not making the most popular occults.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    Just saw this upon logging in - I assume this is the new Happy Haunts pack that you guys are discussing? I guess if paired with seasons, spooky stuff, and vampires, it might add some more to that vibe? I don't have spooky stuff or vampires though and honestly don't think I have much interest in this pack, but who knows. Is is going to be more of a ghostbusters kind of deal? I remember there was a ghost hunter profession in TS3 ambitions so perhaps it will bring something like that to the game?

9SzNjsT.png
  • Options
    krist556krist556 Posts: 70 Member
    i do hope for a ghostbusting Career permanentrose
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    edited January 2021
    I haven't yet logged into my game today, uncertain what is staying my hand. But, if this will enhance a lot, let's say, that has the Haunted Trait, then I'm all for it. I was so very disappointed in that the trait only brings a ghost of a Sim from the game. Same as if they died on your own lot. Nothing to fear, nothing to break into a sweat over. No need to call Ghost Busters, politely introduce yourself and makes friends. Casper is Friendly, after all. Face/palm. If these ghosts will be more like the ones from Sims2 and actually haunt and possibly be able to scare to death, then I will be thrilled. Under that scenario, I may be interested in this pack.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    Oh, oh, oh, I just opened my game and saw the ad for this. Don't neglect the fact that is states: Let the INVESTIGATION begin. (My emphasis.) There was a job in Sims3 that allowed for a Sim to take part in a Ghost-busting type career. This makes me excited, actually. I just hope it applies to the lots with the Haunted Trait.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Well the Ghost hunting career was great in the Sims 3 but again my point, even if we get the ghost hunting career with this pack, it won't be as good as it was in the Sims 3 because after all this is just a stuff pack. They will not add a new active career with a stuff pack. The only thing I can see happening is them giving us an object to capture this small spirit things and then put them on display.
    Don't expect much gameplay with a stuff pack.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    Thanks for posting this! I always play offline, so I would not have seen it in my own game menu.

I'll be more eager to see the GP and EP, as I rarely get SPs, but no rules without exceptions... let's see more in 6 days.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I think we will at least get a freelancer career most likely as a ghost hunter. I agree it should have been a game pack but I’m just happy it’s something simmers have wanted and at the moment it looks to better than some of the stuff we got last year. We need more occult stuff and I say this as not a huge occults fan.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Creepy stuff without a fear emotion is such a let down tbh.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited January 2021
    When they say 'Let The Investigation Begin' I think they mean we'll get some sort of Paranormal Investigator career. Perhaps Career-steps will be things like 'Palm Reading', Fortune Telling, summoning ghosts and so on. At the top, you'll get to be THE Grim Reaper.

This is just the sort of thing I love...
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    I am, on the whole, disappointed. I wanted Happy Haunts to be a game pack or even an EP. Just a stuff pack? Meh. How is this different from Spooky Stuff?

I desperately want more occult content but not just Stuff. I want careers, life states, something us occult Simmers can really have fun playing with.
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    It might be pretty big for a Stuff Pack. We have been getting in-depth Stuff Packs lately.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    It might be pretty big for a Stuff Pack. We have been getting in-depth Stuff Packs lately.

I hope you're right :)
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    it could be reversed first pet stuff pack, where we first get the stuff pack and then the game/expansion pack to complement just so it's not too evident that they're just profiting the theme, no?
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    bella_goth wrote: »
    it could be reversed first pet stuff pack, where we first get the stuff pack and then the game/expansion pack to complement just so it's not too evident that they're just profiting the theme, no?
    I mean, they did it with Tiny Living and Eco Lifestyle. You might be on to something.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    bella_goth wrote: »
    I mean, they did it with Tiny Living and Eco Lifestyle. You might be on to something.

true, i don't like when ea does this cuz it screams greediness, but i'm sure it will be the case again especially given occults release pattern
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I kind of still want the pack, because the ghost hunter career could be fun. I want the option for fears for your Sims who do the career, because the Sims not being scared or being scared of ghosts would add to the game.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I really don't get the hate on SP, I feel ever since Kids Room stuff the packs have been quite good for what a stuff pack offers, we got new skills, collectibles, careers, even a new lot type, all on top of the actual 'stuff' that comes with the pack (which is what I usually get a SP for anyways, the clothes and build objects)
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited January 2021
    I was a little disappointed yesterday when I saw the teaser but I’m warming to the idea of it now. I won’t judge it until I see more. I’m not that into occult stuff although I do play with some in my game so the fact it’s only a stuff pack doesn’t bother me to much. I’d rather they focus the bigger packs on things that I feel are more lacking and that will impact the game as a whole.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Im more saddened that the occult representation in the game is focused on a cutesy occult instead.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    All I have to say is...what kind of ghosts are those. They are all smiley...LOL Nothing scary about them at all.............
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    Im more saddened that the occult representation in the game is focused on a cutesy occult instead.

I mean it's ok for The Sims to be cute (since that is a part of the Franchise) but we already have freezer bunny, Yama-chan, Llamas, and etc. on the game that tries to be cute. I agree. Do we really need more of them?
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    All I have to say is...what kind of ghosts are those. They are all smiley...LOL Nothing scary about them at all.............

The sim is not even scared. Maybe the pack will revolve on how will you befriend ghostly creatures to save the sim world!
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I hope negative emotions can turn the friendly spirits into terrible vicious monsters, like in Legend of Korra
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif