Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Want a Sims 5 ???

Comments

• Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    NO
    Scobre wrote: »
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Eventually, of course I do.

But if we want a game that is FINISHED and READY when it is released, please allow the studio to take all the time it likes to get there.

Reminder: We have been informed again and again that there are years of content for TS4 already in the pipeline. Don't push for the next game yet. Enjoy what we have or play something else.

More years of broken and buggy content? I wonder how unplayable Sims 4 will be in more years...and more and more people will be leaving the Sims fandom to play games like "Paralives".
    Stardew Valley just got a new free update too. I am excited about Paralives. Bugsnax has been a great game I have been playing with that dark humor I love that the first Sims game had. Actually seeing a lot of the game changers playing and enjoying other games too. Nice to give other non AAA companies support especially while smaller companies are struggling more financially than all these big companies are. Nice to support the underdogs for a change.

I never understood brand loyalty towards any company. Gaming is full of more options than it was 6 years ago and it is wonderful and much cheaper than $780 for a more entertaining experience.

What is Stardew Valley?
  • Options
    migitpoo73migitpoo73 Posts: 218 Member
    edited December 2020
    NO
    No, I don't want or care if a Sims 5 comes out. I guess I'm just tired of the game and everything that's always going wrong with it. TS4 is lacking so many things to make it like TS2 and TS3 was. For me the heart and soul of the game left in TS4. For those who do want it, I hope you will get to have a Sims 5. After playing the Sim Series for 20 years, and TS4 always having some kind of issue, I will play TS4 some and TS3 a lot. Hope everyone had a great Christmas with their loved ones and Happy Simming everyone.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    edited December 2020
    YES
    Question for those of you who want a Sims 5 and are willing to pay the price for it.

Do you really think things will be any different then they are now in TS4?

The reason I said No was that I don't believe they will bring back the heart and soul of the Sims. The base game might start off as a Wow, but as we have seen with TS4 it all goes downhill from there.

It doesn't hurt to be hopeful that The Sims 5 will be better. I believe TS5 will be different. Maybe they will learn mistakes they made with TS4. TS5 being better than TS4? Now that's another question for another day.

If it isn't better, then I won't be buying it and I won't be bothered with any stuff from TS4 too. 🤷‍♀️
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    YES
    Eventually... of course, but not yet or in the near future. I'm not ready or wanting to move on from Sims 4 for sometime. I'm looking forward to many more years of content still.
    I'm kind of hoping they won't even name the next one "5" though. I'm looking forward to seeing what type of game it is and will be either way though. If I don't like it then at least I have 4 to play with. If I do like it I'll have both to play with.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    YES
    Eventually, yeah. It makes sense to me, at least. You like the first game and so you want to see a sequel. Whether that sequel will be good or not... It's a toss up. To kill off the series I have loved just because one entry got under my skin more than most seems like throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

I love Sims 1, 2, and 3 (as well as have my qualms with each of them), but most can agree that games need updating to stay playable. And I mean literally, not just that it looks outdated. I have games from my childhood which simply will not work on modern computers. Even my disk Sims 1 required a mod for me to get it working. So short of a remaster, the only option is a sequel. I have had my fun with 4, but I will not mourn it too much.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited December 2020
    YES
    Seems like adding new content in Ts4 will make it more unplayable that it currently is, even on console with all packs installed it took almost 8 to 10 mins to enter the family from the first game's loading its ironic considering certain Sims game with open world keep getting blamed for its infamous loading screen time even assassin creed Odyssey with gigantic open world took only 2 mins to load on my PS4. everything there is a new pack new bugs and old bugs resurface and they took a month or even more to fix the said bugs. Vampire bug introduced in get famous took almost a year to fix.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    GooseyGoosey Posts: 317 Member
    edited May 2022
    NO

Post edited by Goosey on

Gentlemen, from this day forward... you will all refer to me by the name... Betty... myahhahah!
  • Options
    smilepandasmilepanda Posts: 101 Member
    NO
    I think that the sims 4 is a brilliant game: the graphics are just right and the feel of the game is something I don't think it will ever loose.

For me, I prefer the cartoon-ish style of sims over something hyper-realistic so that you still get that feeling of it being just a game and it is easier to run on most computers and laptops.

As well as this, there is so much more I would love to see added to the sims 4 so when it feels even more complete, then I would consider the possibility of a new version in the franchise.
  • Options
    TwinkiesLATwinkiesLA Posts: 181 Member
    NO
    The Sims 4 is so fun! If they stop making packs for it... I might cry (scratch that I would totally cry)!

> @smilepanda said:
    > I think that the sims 4 is a brilliant game: the graphics are just right and the feel of the game is something I don't think it will ever loose.
    >
    > For me, I prefer the cartoon-ish style of sims over something hyper-realistic so that you still get that feeling of it being just a game and it is easier to run on most computers and laptops.
    >
    > As well as this, there is so much more I would love to see added to the sims 4 so when it feels even more complete, then I would consider the possibility of a new version in the franchise.

I also prefer the cartoon-ish style!
    source.gif

Gallery ID: Shockmsd
    Forum Name: TwinkiesLA
  • Options
    TwinkiesLATwinkiesLA Posts: 181 Member
    NO
    Sorry for double posting but I just want to clarify that if there was a Sims 5, Sims 4 packs would eventually stop :)
    source.gif

Gallery ID: Shockmsd
    Forum Name: TwinkiesLA
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited January 2021
    YES
    TwinkiesLA wrote: »
    Sorry for double posting but I just want to clarify that if there was a Sims 5, Sims 4 packs would eventually stop :)

They will eventually stop either way. The Sims 4 can only take so much being added to it. It's already suffering performance wise from the amount of packs it has now. It will eventually reach breaking point if they just keep adding more and more to it.
  • Options
    MinaiMinai Posts: 706 Member
    NO
    Nah I'm over it
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    NO
    Not yet. Especially if Sims5 is a continuation of the mess Sims4 has been in terms of bugs, and the lack of depth as far as the personalities of our Sims; and those useless emotions that control the narrative of the game, are toned waaay down. If Sims5 comes with Seasons, pets, toddlers and suitable teens, I MIGHT be willing to try it out. But after all that was left out of the Sims4 base game, and how long we have waited for those things to be added via game updates and many, many packs, I will probably ignore the next iteration, and be content to play Sims4 with all my favorite mods without the hassle of my game being damaged by the constant updating. Once this iteration is retired, my fun with Sims4 begins. Just as it did with Sims3 after Sims4 was released. And Sims5 will need to be really special if EA wants any money from me. I refuse to pay for another base game and new packs that don't live up to my expectation as a great investment for my gaming experience.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    NO

I personally don't 'want' a "Sims 5". But if many people do and want to start over from scratch, that's cool! I have nothing against that. :)

As it is, I find Sims 4 is growing and expanding and being repaired very fast. I'm happy with it. Even if the internet suddenly died and phones and anything online. What I have bought and have installed is more than enough for a lifetime of gaming.

It would suck not to have an online community though. To express opinions and share what you did in your game.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    NO

Sorry to double post also... :blush:
    TwinkiesLA wrote: »
    I also prefer the cartoon-ish style!

Same here. I like the "cartoonish" style. The hyper-realistic style is best left for killing games. And there is no shortage of those. ;)

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    NO
    Not really. At this point, I suspect when Sims 5 comes out (because I do think it will), the elements I feel at this point should be in the base game; weather and basic pets such as dogs and cats, won't be the game. Also I doubt that taking some of the elements from previous games and compromising them to meet system and game limitations won't be implemented either - that would be a basic 16-32 color palette and at very least open neighborhoods. I just don't see that EA is going to be able to give us all of this. And without it, I don't see the point. I've been a Sims player since 2000, and while Sims 4 certainly runs better and is more stable than Sims 3, in all other ways it's a downgrade.

Adding to that the fact is there are still things missing like bunk beds and non-object babies, werewolves, body hair, and hotels, yet we have things like a Star Wars pack and Eco Pack, as well as a stuff pack for Tiny Living that only really gave us one or two objects devoted to the theme. It leads me to believe that EA has lost its way. I don't mean the Sims gurus themselves, they are at the mercy of EA corporate direction, but I do feel like the company as a whole has lost focus on what do do with the series anymore.

Each edition in the series should feel like an upgrade from the previous edition. Sims 2 and 3 definitely felt that way, Sims 4 had potential but there were too many missteps. Content is lacking is most releases compared to Sims 2 and 3, and more and more the game is being defined by its limitations of what the game CANNOT offer us, rather than what it CAN. Meanwhile the Sims mobile is giving their players so much of what is being requested in Sims 4. Yup, a mobile game is looking like it has more content than an actual computer based game.

Maybe EA will surprise me with Sims 5. If we get open neighborhoods, weather, dogs and cats and a color palette in Sims 5 base game I may change my mind. But somehow, I think after the last 6 years of Sims 4, I won't need to.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    NO
    I am genuinely surprised by these results. I expected more people to be ready to move on. I would prefer the sims team work on TS4 and make it what it should have been from the beginning. I know that's probably wishful thinking, but I'd like to believe in something positive.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Tantalus wrote: »
    [ Gaming is full of more options than it was 6 years ago and it is wonderful and much cheaper than $780 for a more entertaining experience.

Gaming is full, but the quality of videogames these days is completely horrible. I mean, really. Steam is filled with indie games that are most of them trash, plagued with bugs, terrible playability, awful graphics and i mean, MOST of them (i would say 90%) but they publilsh everything because, well, money of course. Then you have the supossed "AAA" games that are not AAA anymore because of bugs, lack of proper antialiasing, bad shadow casting, problems with lod generation, and etc, etc. Sure, videogaming industry these days is full, full of xxxxx. LOL. I miss so much the years 2000-2010. When the broken DX11 generation didnt exist. So, no, i dont want a new sims, because its not going to be "better" than what we have. THAT, i can asure you. Companies these days dont worry anymore about making quality products.

More options? of course. Cheaper? hahaha dont make me laugh. Unless you buy an indie game, games are not cheaper, pretty the opposite. Plus all the DLCS, expansions, and whatnot.

And the problem is, 95% of those options are not really options. Because they are garbaje games. And games that are supossed to be "AAA" end up being just another trash to pile. Unfortunately. But people who was born in these past 20 years well, they are completely clueless about the videogaming industry, sadly. NOTE that im not talking about you (i dont have a clue how old are you), but generally speaking.
    Yep I did mean more options with indie games than just settling with broken AAA games. :)
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited January 2021
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Eventually, of course I do.

But if we want a game that is FINISHED and READY when it is released, please allow the studio to take all the time it likes to get there.

Reminder: We have been informed again and again that there are years of content for TS4 already in the pipeline. Don't push for the next game yet. Enjoy what we have or play something else.

More years of broken and buggy content? I wonder how unplayable Sims 4 will be in more years...and more and more people will be leaving the Sims fandom to play games like "Paralives".
    Stardew Valley just got a new free update too. I am excited about Paralives. Bugsnax has been a great game I have been playing with that dark humor I love that the first Sims game had. Actually seeing a lot of the game changers playing and enjoying other games too. Nice to give other non AAA companies support especially while smaller companies are struggling more financially than all these big companies are. Nice to support the underdogs for a change.

I never understood brand loyalty towards any company. Gaming is full of more options than it was 6 years ago and it is wonderful and much cheaper than $780 for a more entertaining experience.

What is Stardew Valley?
    A game I probably love just as much as the Sims 2 and made by only one person Concerned Ape. It is kind of like the game Harvest Moon. It is a farming simulation game and has a multiplayer option to play with a few friends too. I can get married, have a cat or dog, many farm animals, and a baby in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot7uXNQskhs

This was the first farming game I played before it called Alice Greenfingers:
    http://www.shockwave.com/gamelanding/alicegreenfingers.jsp
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    YES
    I'm tired of TS4 but I only want TS5 if it's good.
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    Faraway_SonFaraway_Son Posts: 142 Member
    edited January 2021
    NO
    No. We've all seen the direction EA is steering the Sims Franchise towards...an online, always connected, multiplayer game. Single player is slowly but surely being sidelined in favour of a more connected experience. Sims 4 basegame is a shallow experience in comparison to Sims 3, which was my starting point in the franchise. Without mods to add depth to the gameplay of Sims 4, I definitely wouldn't still be playing. Furthermore, three of the last four expansion packs have been awful, uninspired affairs. The 'magic' that Will Wright infused into the early games is gone in my opinion and what's left is a wasteland being bled dry by the EA corporate juggernaut.
  • Options
    rottmeisterrottmeister Posts: 192 Member
    YES
    I'm kind of tired of TS4, but I want them to take their time to create TS5 (Hopefully they at least have started on the game....).

To me The Sims 4 is a very VERY pretty game, but it has no soul /personality. To me all Sims feel the same which makes this game the least replayable out of the entire series (with the exception of TS1 bc I haven't played that game). Traits don't seem to matter much and life goals are pretty shallow. They're just goals any sim can do after enough time.

The only reason I've even managed to play this for 1.000+ hours is because of my own storytelling in my head and mods.

I'm very positive that I have at least thrice the playtime on TS3 compared to TS4 even though after a while TS3 became a buggy mess.

We're 6 years in and I don't feel like the game has improved that much since release. Apart from toddlers, pools and halfbaked (sorry not sorry) firefighters it has mostly been paid DLC. Which isn't new to the franchise, but what number of DLC packs are we on now? 30?

I'm sorry, but even after buying about every expansion and some GP's my game still doesn't feel complete. There's still so much missing which I find quite unacceptable considering the amount of money spent.
    In TS3 expansion packs felt like entirely different games and I LOVED that. They were worth the pricetag imo. Now I just feel like I'm getting ripped off when I buy a new pack.

For TS5 we need a SOLID base with much customization (color wheels), storytelling (actual lore and story progression), personality traits and goals that actually matter.
    Also PLEASE make the game harder / less forgiving and make decisions matter more. For me it's a challenge to even get a sim killed. I heard there were 1 or 2 new deaths in SE but I haven't seen them. Not in my game nor in any videos.

I miss the mysteries that came with previous iterations. I would LOVE to see some mysteries being continued (Bella Goth's disappearance) and new mysteries being formed.
    There are some in TS4, but none so crazy / interesting as in previous games.

It made the townies so vibrant and unforgettable. Honestly, most TS4 townies are so forgettable apart from the Pancakes and the recurring families like the Goths.
    I would love if we continued the actual timeline rather than stick to the "alternate timeline" thing. I'm aware probably many employees who were around back in the day aren't working on The Sims anymore, but it'd still be interesting to see how others would continue the story and/or tell new ones.

What TS4 absolutely did right imo were the graphics and building aspects. The creation of the sims themselves is also up there, but the lack of a color wheel made me not put it in the list.

But yes, I absolutely would love to have The Sims 5. Rather sooner than later, but I want it to feel like a complete game at launch which expands over time.
  • Options
    Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    YES
    Yes but only if it takes inspiration from the past three games and ignores The Sims 4 existence, otherwise I'll switch to Paralives because it will be a new experience that doesn't have to fit any expectation unlike an almost 21 years old game franchise.

The Sims 4 completely ignored The Sims 3 existence and everything that made The Sims 3 being The Sims 3 was removed from The Sims 4 and as a long time fan I'll not tolerate something like that if it happens again!
    If it's online I will completely loose the interest on this franchise.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    YES
    I am genuinely surprised by these results. I expected more people to be ready to move on. I would prefer the sims team work on TS4 and make it what it should have been from the beginning. I know that's probably wishful thinking, but I'd like to believe in something positive.

Don't be. I voted yes because it's a yes or no question.. my answer doesn't mean I'm ready to move on, and many others if you read indicate the same... as well as the opposite or all manner of personal reasons in between.
    Basically this poll doesn't amount to much except maybe to point out who would be willing to buy the next game eventually.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    NO
    I wonder how many of us who voted 'No', did so with the hope that Sims4 will grow a bit more before EA pulls the plug on it. I see so many opportunities the teams basically skipped over, and part of me wonders how those might have affected the game in a more positive way. How those might have made the game feel more satisfying. That is probably the main reason why I voted against a Sims5. Plus the thought of starting all over again with the same packs, with the same themes of what we saw in the past three iterations, holds me back from being excited about Sims5.

If EA had continued with the plan for Sims4 to be an online, multi-player game we would be seeing a very different game. And I would not be playing Sims4 at all. As it is, EA was forced to switch gears in mid-development and create a new game engine when it became apparent the bulk of the players did not want want EA's vision of the new Sims4. So if we have any hope for Sims5 to be the kind of game we want, we have to let EA know now before it is too late, and we end up with another inferior game engine. My hope is EA understands what it's fans want now, and has learned how to adapt the next iteration to be played across all the current platforms without sacrificing quality, or our choices in how we want to play.