Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Homebound Holiday Gift Exchange ~ Closed!

Comments

• Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    SimLibby wrote: »
    @ADWilson, I am also all done with gifting.

I thought so. Thank you for letting me know. :)
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Yes, I'm done. I only had 2 gifts. :)
  • Options
    LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    @ADWilson I am all done with gifting! I know I snuck in a last minute gift.. You gave me a brilliant idea, so I had to make Nona! :) Thank you for an awesome gift exchange!!

@oliv3 Thank you for making me beautiful gifts!! I love both builds, they are fantastic! Nellie is lovely and I love the traits you chose for her! Thank you for being an awe-sim buddy!! The store items you chose for for my gifts are perfect! I also love the colors and design concept you employed in both builds! <3
  • Options
    Rflong7 wrote: »

Only?! Your "only " is way more than I would tackle, lol
    Thank you for letting me know. :)
  • Options
    LMC6255 wrote: »
    @ADWilson I am all done with gifting! I know I snuck in a last minute gift.. You gave me a brilliant idea, so I had to make Nona! :) Thank you for an awesome gift exchange!!

Nona is a lovely bonus gift! So glad you snuck her in, lol
  • Options
    SimLibbySimLibby Posts: 668 Member
    @BreeMiles and @ADWilson ,

I've been playing with my gifts for hours (went to bed sooo late) and I made some screens. I tried posting a wishing cart and I send the both of you a present from within the game but there is no sign of this on My Page so I don't know what happened (or not happened) there since I have never sent in-game presents before or upload wishing cards. I used freerealestate to move in Bree's house meaning Claudia had still plenty of simoleon for her first vacation. I'm playing according to her wishes and her first two wishes were going to Egypt and being a ghostbuster (forgot how the job is called). By now I use the attic for a table to invent, the boxes with WA treasures my Sim collect and I put the two furniture pieces I need for transfiguration there (although no screen of the attic).

50706738317_ede0db347b_c.jpg

50706654566_85501d5176_c.jpg

50706655066_7b1626865c_c.jpg

50706654761_44f84e4782_c.jpg

50706738012_f1d5a97a6f_c.jpg

50705918658_94f86cf658_c.jpg

50706655346_c8da4d4d60_c.jpg

50706737137_72a70c7df8_c.jpg

50706653906_f68e0cd84a_c.jpg

50706654396_e918f8a0c8_c.jpg
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    edited December 2020
    Dear @cmbaker16 ,

I apologize I'm a day later with gift 3 than planned. I had planned on having this ready for you yesterday, but hadn't been feeling well. There is one final part to come after this before the close on the 12th.
    everyday_original.jpg
    He'd been halfway down the stairs when he'd overheard his father telling his mother that he was hoping to pair Aodh off with one of the lesser princesses. Aodh'd felt himself go cold, the merest idea of being trapped into the constant formalities of the palace was enough to make him move to his sisters farm with her large brood of children. Yet, as much as he loved his nieces and nephews the concept of farm life was as appealing as serving the royal guard. Which was how several of his other siblings had avoided their fathers plans.

Then their was that letter from his Grandfather Sithigh**. He could always go to Moonlit Falls and see if his grandfather was still looking for a replacement, or stay and help whatever sibling had already gone as replacement.
    You will find the rest of the story here.

Derp, still slightly off today forgot this bit.
    Aodh MacSithigh
    Fresh from cas, no extra household members or skills:
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9432706

As a household with some skills and an extra household member:
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9432707
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    @ADWilson

Almost there, it turns out all my problems lie with my hard drive being 95% to 99% full ( :# big oops! :# ). I considered switching to the laptop but would loose to much to not having everything installed on it so I'm nursing through. Once Gift 4 is uploaded, son is going to help me move everything over to a new and much larger (1TB) hard drive.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options

Ditto what @ADWilson your "only" is very impressive.

Dear everyone, once I've got my final gift sorted I plan on spending time going through the thread so that I don't miss anyone's gifts. I will say that so far I've loved seeing every gift that's been "unwrapped". So many wonderful creations I might just have to finally take the dive and put everything in one world.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn
    Your gifts have been checked and are good to go.

The plot thickens!
    Enjoyable read and a certain Sim has thinking to do regarding choices. Like how you delivered two options for this Sim. Hope cm doesn't mind others playing with her gift, lol
  • Options
    Thank you for sharing screenshots from your game @SimLibby :)
    It was fun seeing what Claudia is doing in your game. During my test run, she wished to see Egypt as well.
    Bree's home looks lovely and perfect for Claudia's needs. Your idea for the attic is a good one and will be "borrowed" by others (like me!).
  • Options
    HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

Hi @ADWilson the 3rd gift was my final one so I'm done as well B)

Thank you ever so much for hosting this most wonderful fun event Addy!!! I very much hope we didn't give you too much trouble and that you will organise another Gift Exchange sometime in the new year ... please, pretty please with a cherry on top 🧁 :D
    Take care and happy simming 🤗💐x
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @ADWilson: I'm also all done with gifting.
    :) Smile!

• Options
    Hidehi wrote: »

Hi @ADWilson the 3rd gift was my final one so I'm done as well B)

Thank you ever so much for hosting this most wonderful fun event Addy!!! I very much hope we didn't give you too much trouble and that you will organise another Gift Exchange sometime in the new year ... please, pretty please with a cherry on top 🧁 :D
    Take care and happy simming 🤗💐x

A few things happened but the important thing is ... all Buddies got gifted. That is the purpose of this event.
    As long as there is interest (and it appears there is!), I will organize and host again next year.

{passes the cherry over to Mr Addy who loves them while hiding the cupcake from his line of sight, lol}
  • Options
    Puddinroy wrote: »
    @ADWilson: I'm also all done with gifting.

• Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    edited December 2020
    SimLibby wrote: »
    @BreeMiles and @ADWilson ,

I've been playing with my gifts for hours (went to bed sooo late) and I made some screens. I tried posting a wishing cart and I send the both of you a present from within the game but there is no sign of this on My Page so I don't know what happened (or not happened) there since I have never sent in-game presents before or upload wishing cards. I used freerealestate to move in Bree's house meaning Claudia had still plenty of simoleon for her first vacation. I'm playing according to her wishes and her first two wishes were going to Egypt and being a ghostbuster (forgot how the job is called). By now I use the attic for a table to invent, the boxes with WA treasures my Sim collect and I put the two furniture pieces I need for transfiguration there (although no screen of the attic).

50706738317_ede0db347b_c.jpg

50706654566_85501d5176_c.jpg

50706655066_7b1626865c_c.jpg

50706654761_44f84e4782_c.jpg

50706738012_f1d5a97a6f_c.jpg

50705918658_94f86cf658_c.jpg

50706655346_c8da4d4d60_c.jpg

50706737137_72a70c7df8_c.jpg

50706653906_f68e0cd84a_c.jpg

50706654396_e918f8a0c8_c.jpg

Claudia is having a super bunch of fun @simLibby and the house seems to suit her needs just fine, I'm super glad to see the house in game and her and you enjoying it and Claudia! <3<3
  • Options
    Your Gift exchanges are super fun @ADWilson I always enjoy myself the gifts and the friends in it are always super lovely and awesome! Thanks for letting me join in the fun this round!! <3
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    @suzses I wanted to show you one more of Peaches enjoying playing in her food while eating
    Screenshot-495.jpg
  • Options
    60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    LMC6255 wrote: »
    @60smusicluvr Hello again :)

Addy gave me this wonderful idea to create Nona from my story.. I got inspired and today I want to present to you with a bonus gift..

Yes, I was wondering where Nona was! Now Memory Lane will be complete. o:)

• Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,435 Member
    @BreeMiles Looks like Peaches has found the perfect home. She looks happy. :) I've always enjoyed watching the cats play with their food (although I've never had a cat that did that). Thanks so much for showing me what you're doing.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
    So, I saw only one new gift and story today, which of course I loved, @Mmdrgntobldrgn! So nice to see the line continue and a chance for fates to play out another story!

Also, I tackled the reading of the castle story and managed to download that for later play. Thank you again @SamelaRita. You know I love the story and will enjoy fixing up the castle.

Yes, the room often spins whether eyes are open or closed. I never knew a person could sleep so much! I never knew that nausea could last so long! I broke down and took pills again today and went back to bed for hours. I'm feeling better right now and actually drank some organic pear juice. I think I've lost about 10 pounds this week. Not the recommended way to lose any excess weight, but I'll take that as a plus!

Some time later I will go back and see where I left off comments and try to finish those up. For now, I THINK I've rec'd everything. The downloading and installing will have to wait.

I do have some pics I want to share and another "gift" if I feel well enough later today or tomorrow.

Again, let me say, you ALL have created such wonderful gifts this year. I can't wait to play with them in my game.
  • Options
    TEXASKITTYKATTEXASKITTYKAT Posts: 5,909 Member
    edited December 2020
    This is my last gift for everyone.

Gift #4 Byron Cruz
    Has 1 athletic skill

[img][/img]obb2Xdj.jpg
    [img][/img]wOMfYJ3.jpg
    [img][/img]4E2oeVI.jpg
    [img][/img]d9tmnG8.jpg
    [img][/img]LVR3v7k.jpg

Download here: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9432740
    Post edited by TEXASKITTYKAT on
  • Options
    SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    @oliv3 It's from the Oktoberfest (or possibly Octoberfest) set, which is in the holidays section of sets in the create a sim section of the store. I re-coloured it for Frieda, using some on line pictures I saw.
    Only! Only!!!!! I wouldn't call them Only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would call them amazing and unbelievable (and what a privilege too!) and with hours and hours of play in them. Plus, getting to listen to them and find out their voice and find out their story.
    "Only" she says! "Only" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I think I've definitely used up all the exclamation marks now...

I need to comment on some more amazing builds and gifts, but today and yesterday were full of rather too much real-life stuff (I shopped for fabric, made five cushion covers, finished painting the top half of the bureau/bookcase combo) and I didn't even get one Duolingo lesson done, mush less get well and truly distracted by what's on here. I'll be back though...

• Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
    Link for Bryon is here:
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9432740

Really NICE looking sim and someone that everyone will surely love in their game. Thank you!
  • Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member

@ADWilson , yes confirming I’m done with gifting as you noted. Thank you very much for hosting another fun gift exchange! You did a wonderful job keeping the thread going, guiding and supporting us. I so glad I was able to participate. Looking forward to some downtime and having fun simmin with my awesome presents. Thanks again for everything including the behind-the-scenes input. Hugs 🤗

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top