Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kids not changing for school

Is anyone else's children not changing for school? They keep going in their pajamas and this includes teens as well. Adult career outfits seem to be working.
Gallery name: Kaitlinxo143

Comments

• Options
    TantalusTantalus Posts: 200 Member
    edited December 2020
    Childrens? and Teenagers. And adults. Sims just dont change in these situations anymore. I commented it AGES ago, right after the 13th nov patch. Who cares really. At this point, this game is a complete joke.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    I like it actually! I have a teen sim who is going through a hard time in life, and going to school in pjs is one of those small pleasures that comforts her. Maybe without the pjs she wouldn't go. I also have a quirky/mischievous college student hacker-in-training who lives in a San Myshuno apartment, and she has a tradition of going off to class in "pjs" (fancy underwear) and bunny slippers on the first day.
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    I've noticed this too. I've just tried to change my children sims into clothes before school if I think about it. If not, they had a fun and quirky pajama day. Doesn't seem to affect their mood
  • Options
    MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    I have not been experiencing this problem, and I think I know why. I have 2 mods from Littlemssam that are fixing this glitch. I have both her "Change Into Everyday When Inside" and "Kids Will Change Into Everyday When Going To Grade School". If you are interested, you can find them here: https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/619989464091082752/random-small-mods-sometimes-mods-are-sooo-small
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    This bug seems to come and go for me, depending on the patch. Currently, it's on, and I try to catch the kids and get them changed before they head out, but if not, eh. It's nice to have them go to school in Costume for Fright Fest, which is why I don't use the LittleMissSam mod.
  • Options
    lexibeelexibee Posts: 163 Member
    Yeah I've got the bug. At first I thought it was kinda cute like "oh haha I guess it'll be pj day at school" but seeing them do it every day starts to get a little annoying. You just have to change them manually before they leave until the bug is fixed.

I wonder if it has to do with the new uniform system they introduced for snowy escape. I don't have the pack, but I don't know why else this bug would be introduced.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    In my ancestral game save I was startled to see the second and third son from my Sevier household leaving for school in their pajamas! :open_mouth: Set in the 18th century Colonial America, a man was considered naked if he was seen without his outer coat on. I am completely scandalized by these teens.

Today, also, I failed to have the Child Sim seek a vacation day from school. His second grandfather was being buried, so I had him come home early when the time drew near the services. He was dressed in his pajamas, too! :/ It must be a bug.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    I think it has to do with Snowy Escape, because kids in Mt. Komorebi still change into their uniforms... so I think that probably did something.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Options
    BreeNillaBreeNilla Posts: 160 Member
    edited December 2020
    Wasn't this a feature in one of the patches last year? I think they did that on purpose for some reason.

Edit: Yeah, I found this from the June 18th patch notes from last year.
    Teen Sims will no longer spin into their Everyday outfit when going to school. If Randy wants to wear his swim trunks to school, well that’s Randy’s business.
    8a597ff0f1eef1830795b3ae467ad12c6bb980ae.jpg
    I made a Sims 4 Save File set 15 years into the future using the premade sims by giving them family trees, storylines and lore, fixed and added relationships, and more!
    Check it out here! -> kookablarn.tumblr.com
  • Options
    AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    @BreeNilla I think it was so they’d keep their hot/cold weather outfits on when they needed to. Before that patch, my Sims would have to run inside after they got home in winter so they wouldn’t freeze.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Options
    BreeNilla wrote: »
    Wasn't this a feature in one of the patches last year? I think they did that on purpose for some reason.

Oh well, then that patch didnt "work" for me lmao. My sims always changed clothes, always, until the 13th nov patch.

And honestly why would they do that???! so, they are ok with sims going to work on pijamas? or in barebones? lol.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Tantalus wrote: »

Oh well, then that patch didnt "work" for me lmao. My sims always changed clothes, always, until the 13th nov patch.

And honestly why would they do that???! so, they are ok with sims going to work on pijamas? or in barebones? lol.

Weider stories 😔
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited December 2020
    It probably broke cause they introduced the horrible random school uniforms. Hopefully in the next patch it will be fixed.
  • Options
    I think it has to do with Snowy Escape, because kids in Mt. Komorebi still change into their uniforms... so I think that probably did something.

I wish all packs could have school uniforms!
  • Options
    Beatrix just autonomously changed from her scout uniform into a pink towel and hiking boots for school lol.

R1lLZF3.png
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member

Edit: Yeah, I found this from the June 18th patch notes from last year.
    Teen Sims will no longer spin into their Everyday outfit when going to school. If Randy wants to wear his swim trunks to school, well that’s Randy’s business.

That's about right! I think they introduced the bug and couldn't fix it before they released the patch so they claimed it was a feature. It never made any sense.

• Options
    Kerrigan wrote: »

That's about right! I think they introduced the bug and couldn't fix it before they released the patch so they claimed it was a feature. It never made any sense.

And im telling you that i NEVER EVER had this bug before the 13nov patch. My sims always changed clothes when they needed to in the past. So that patch didnt affect my game at all, aparently lol.
  • Options
    KaitlinMarieKaitlinMarie Posts: 58 Member
    Apparently a fix was introduced for this with the new update/patch yesterday!
    Gallery name: Kaitlinxo143
  • Options

Oh surprise surprise, it doesnt work... lol.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member

Works for me!
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Lucky you. Im tired of seeing my teen sims going to the school on pijamas (or even less than that...). I guess they fixed it for childs, but they completely forgot that this bug affects every single age.
    Post edited by Tantalus on