January 15 - Is everyone ready for the Friday Highlights? Check them out here.
Welcome to all new Simmers joining us over the holiday season! 🎉 Have fun on the forum and please make sure you check out the forum rules and
the rules about necroposting.
December 22 - It's the time of year again: Join the 12 Days of Simsmas! 🎄

👽 "My Face is Melting," a thread on the Alien face bug no one's fixing

2...Next

Comments

• AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 457 Member
    Wow. -_- For a second, I almost thought they’d fix it.

@SimGuruNick Please take a look at this if you haven’t already. This is a gamebreaker for occult players.

#ConsistencyForAliensTS4
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • FlapFlap Posts: 108 Member
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4

c'mon Maxis, we know you can do it <3 show our Aliens some loooooove
    I’ve asked him about it on Twitter again. Hopefully, I’ll get an answer.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
    Meebling microwaves. :o

I just created an alien. Guess what happened to his face when I aged him up?

Nothing. Just the usual changes that happen to non-alien Sims when they age up. I tried it multiple times, at every life stage, and he kept the same face every time. I wish I could post a screenshot right now.

Has anyone else tested their aliens since the hotfix?
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • CementCement Posts: 3,472 Member
    hi @AyKooChao
    aliens in CAS still distort for me without mods :(
    I went into game to test an alien to see if aging up is fixed, so i baked a cake and had him blow out the candles...
    73b4208d7d9fe9224ae52c1252c2bb35.jpg
    8e88b9905bad0bc2d1edb7254e84ac74.jpg

...But there was still distortion in his eyes, nose, and chin.
    659a08e722232dcec149b2a412e01b18.png

Do you have any particular mods that might be inadvertently fixing this issue? :(
    edited December 2020
    @Cement I’m not sure. Nothing I didn’t have before the patch, as far as I know, except for a few that have nothing to do with aliens.

Now that I think of it, the aliens I tested were randomised from CAS, so they were probably pretty close to the templates anyway. I’ll try aging up a copy of my other Sim’s daughter from pollination and see if she glitches- she looks a lot like him, so I’ll be able to tell if anything goes wrong.

Do you know if any game changers play with aliens, or at least care about them? If I could get their attention on Twitter, they could let EA know about it. (I’ve tried asking SimGuruNick three or four times, and he’s never answered, and I don’t know who else to ask.)
    Post edited by AyKooChao on
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4