Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happen to the original skintones prior to the December update?

I was under the impression the original skintones would be available as choices and we could alter them. It appears they are mostly gone and even altering the new skintones won't give me those same tones? Is anyone else experiencing this?

Comments

• Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    I made a thread about this I was worried about this, I have sims with current default prior update skin that look great and I dont want them to be affected..

So it seems the update removes previous skintones? Jeez..
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    I don't think I have this problem... My sims look the same.
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    Some of the make up I had on my sims looks a little off/weird so I do think they changed something with the original skins tones even though they are similar
  • Options
    Like her blush was definitely not this intense prior to the update so I feel like something must have changed in the skin tone (or make up slider, idk which) that changed something.

Ep8eHra.png
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Like her blush was definitely not this intense prior to the update so I feel like something must have changed in the skin tone (or make up slider, idk which) that changed something.

Ep8eHra.png

Whoa this scared me
  • Options
    blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,373 Member
    My sims skintone looks the same as it did before the update
  • Options
    Chazzzy wrote: »

Ep8eHra.png

Whoa this scared me

lol she scared me too. She does have a skin overlay on so maybe that's why her tone was affected? Idk if just regular base skins are having scary makeup with the new update lol, I have to check some sims that don't have overlays on
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited December 2020
    @permanentrose blush defaults to the highest level of opacity. That’s why it’s so intense. A quick pop into CAS and a small adjustment will have it looking rosy and natural in seconds. :)

@Jerrello i think the original skin tones have been incorporated into the new categories and improved because I agree with others who have stated my sims look pretty much the same, but I do feel all tones are cleaner and less muddy looking.

I am really happy with this update myself.
  • Options
    @permanentrose blush defaults to the highest level of opacity. That’s why it’s so intense. A quick pop into CAS and a small adjustment will have it looking rosy and natural in seconds. :smile: .
    I did fix her - just turns out I have a lot of sims to fix lol 😂😂
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    @permanentrose blush defaults to the highest level of opacity. That’s why it’s so intense. A quick pop into CAS and a small adjustment will have it looking rosy and natural in seconds. :smile: .
    I did fix her - just turns out I have a lot of sims to fix lol 😂😂

Ha ha, I do too. They all look like the kid sims after playing at the makeup tables :D . But I absolutely love the new sliders and the pretty much endless customization! 👍🏻
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited December 2020

I've noticed the same with blush. I checked one of my sims and her cheeks were bright pink now even though they were just a subtle pink before. Maybe it's a particular blush thats gone weird?

For context here's the sim, before vs after the patch:
    12-06-20-7-53-16-PM.png
    12-08-20-7-00-10-PM.png

Did your sim have the blush on from the very bottom of the blush section? It could be that particular one that's been affected
  • Options
    Onverser wrote: »

I've noticed the same with blush. I checked one of my sims and her cheeks were bright pink now even though they were just a subtle pink before. Maybe it's a particular blush thats gone weird?

For context here's the sim, before vs after the patch:
    12-06-20-7-53-16-PM.png
    12-08-20-7-00-10-PM.png

Did your sim have the blush on from the very bottom of the blush section? It could be that particular one that's been affected

Yes, that's the blush I usually use - that one at the bottom
  • Options
    JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    I’m saying the skintone you had prior isn’t highlighted in any of the categories so you can adjust it. You have to select a new swatch to edit the tone. The updated tones are completely off In color in comparison to before the update. Not saying the new skin tones are bad but updating my swatches would completely change the look of my sims. I don’t understand why they wouldn’t provide an option to save the swatches you already have. If I wanted to create a new sim with the old swatches I can’t even do that.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    The old swatches are still there, just categorized according to their undertone and sorted accordingly. All of my existing sims have the same skin they did before, because I don't use CC skins. They're just not grouped the same way they were, so it may not be as obvious that they're the same.
  • Options
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    The old swatches are still there, just categorized according to their undertone and sorted accordingly. All of my existing sims have the same skin they did before, because I don't use CC skins. They're just not grouped the same way they were, so it may not be as obvious that they're the same.

That was my first thought, until I used several sims previously created and none of the swatches matched their skin tone. Even with adjusting it still wasn’t exactly the same and I don’t use custom skins either.
  • Options
    sprootsproot Posts: 590 Member
    Jerrello wrote: »
    I’m saying the skintone you had prior isn’t highlighted in any of the categories so you can adjust it. You have to select a new swatch to edit the tone. The updated tones are completely off In color in comparison to before the update. Not saying the new skin tones are bad but updating my swatches would completely change the look of my sims. I don’t understand why they wouldn’t provide an option to save the swatches you already have. If I wanted to create a new sim with the old swatches I can’t even do that.

I'm having this problem as well. However, when I updated the game on my mom's computer (she's on PC, I use a Mac), the original skin tone I had on my Sim was there and highlighted. On my Mac, my Sim still had the same tone but the swatch was not there, nor were the Miscellaneous ones either.
    IMG-6587.gif
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    sproot wrote: »

I'm having this problem as well. However, when I updated the game on my mom's computer (she's on PC, I use a Mac), the original skin tone I had on my Sim was there and highlighted. On my Mac, my Sim still had the same tone but the swatch was not there, nor were the Miscellaneous ones either.

So it may be a PC vs Mac thing, because I'm on PC, and I had the swatches highlighted as on your mother's system
  • Options

For a second there I thought it was just me. I updated on a pc and it still isn’t showing. We’re not able to save swatches of skin tones prior to update.
  • Options
    sprootsproot Posts: 590 Member

DaWaterRat wrote: »

So it may be a PC vs Mac thing, because I'm on PC, and I had the swatches highlighted as on your mother's system

For a second there I thought it was just me. I updated on a pc and it still isn’t showing. We’re not able to save swatches of skin tones prior to update.

I just took out my mods folder to check and the skin tones that were missing are now there. The miscellaneous swatches are back as well. Now I just need to see what's causing it... Do you have mods or CC, @Jerrello?

IMG-6587.gif
  • Options
    shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 255 Member
    Bad news on the custom skins and skintones at least for now I think.

I so disliked the default skins etc that my game has over ONE Gigabyte of custom skins and ALL seems gone now thanks EA\Maxis coders
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    Oh ok, add in something new, take something old out o_o.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited December 2020
    my sims kept their old skins and makeup

but i have this alien who is light blue but if i edit his skin with new skintones i can't get the same blue only like darker or greener blue and its weird

managed to reset the changes though so he is looking like himself still

and maybe they made blushes more intense for full opacity cause i didn't use them much before update for my main sims so wouldn't notice but there is few premades that make me go "hmm was it always that intense"

don't use mods or anything too
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Simmingal wrote: »

but i have this alien who is light blue but if i edit his skin with new skintones i can't get the same blue only like darker or greener blue and its weird

and maybe they made blushes more intense for full opacity cause i didn't use them much before update for my main sims so wouldn't notice but there is few premades that make me go "hmm was it always that intense"

@Simmingal Same! (Except I totally use so much CC lol) This color doesn't seem to be available any more for aliens anymore, so weird, but it still shows up if you don't change it.

nsk7uIm.png
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member

@Simmingal Same! (Except I totally use so much CC lol) This color doesn't seem to be available any more for aliens anymore, so weird, but it still shows up if you don't change it.

nsk7uIm.png

Colony has been attacked.
    please go on planet earth and spread your genes.
    It is of utmost importance that our colony survives this tragedy.
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options

nsk7uIm.png

Colony has been attacked.
    please go on planet earth and spread your genes.
    It is of utmost importance that our colony survives this tragedy.

This is his only child who was gifted with the obsolete skin tone, it will be up to her to carry on the line lol

fLSvMfb.png