Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

👽 "My Face is Melting," a thread on the Alien face bug no one's fixing

Comments

• AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    Wow. -_- For a second, I almost thought they’d fix it.

@SimGuruNick Please take a look at this if you haven’t already. This is a gamebreaker for occult players.

#ConsistencyForAliensTS4
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • FlapFlap Posts: 200 Member
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4

c'mon Maxis, we know you can do it <3 show our Aliens some loooooove
    I’ve asked him about it on Twitter again. Hopefully, I’ll get an answer.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
    Meebling microwaves. :o

I just created an alien. Guess what happened to his face when I aged him up?

Nothing. Just the usual changes that happen to non-alien Sims when they age up. I tried it multiple times, at every life stage, and he kept the same face every time. I wish I could post a screenshot right now.

Has anyone else tested their aliens since the hotfix?
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    hi @AyKooChao
    aliens in CAS still distort for me without mods :(
    I went into game to test an alien to see if aging up is fixed, so i baked a cake and had him blow out the candles...
    73b4208d7d9fe9224ae52c1252c2bb35.jpg
    8e88b9905bad0bc2d1edb7254e84ac74.jpg

...But there was still distortion in his eyes, nose, and chin.
    659a08e722232dcec149b2a412e01b18.png

Do you have any particular mods that might be inadvertently fixing this issue? :(
    edited December 2020
    @Cement I’m not sure. Nothing I didn’t have before the patch, as far as I know, except for a few that have nothing to do with aliens.

Now that I think of it, the aliens I tested were randomised from CAS, so they were probably pretty close to the templates anyway. I’ll try aging up a copy of my other Sim’s daughter from pollination and see if she glitches- she looks a lot like him, so I’ll be able to tell if anything goes wrong.

Do you know if any game changers play with aliens, or at least care about them? If I could get their attention on Twitter, they could let EA know about it. (I’ve tried asking SimGuruNick three or four times, and he’s never answered, and I don’t know who else to ask.)
    Post edited by AyKooChao on
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    I'm really afraid to age up Terra in case this happens. :cold_sweat:
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    For anyone who uses mcc command just save a copy of ur sim in the gallery. Download that copy and have them both side my side in live mode. After you age up your alien click on the copy and use mcc to copy paste all of his exact features over. I did it to many of my aliens that for some reason their disguise always looks totally opposite of their alien form lol.

I use that copy paste feature in mcc all the time. Great for copying clothes over to all categories too.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    @Babykittyjade You don’t even need to place the copy in your game. Just click “paste tray Sim” and find the copy in the list. The original will keep all their skills, relationships etc. I didn’t even know this was a thing until I found a tutorial for it.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    AyKooChao wrote: »
    @Babykittyjade You don’t even need to place the copy in your game. Just click “paste tray Sim” and find the copy in the list. The original will keep all their skills, relationships etc. I didn’t even know this was a thing until I found a tutorial for it.

Oh wow that will save loads of time lol 😅😅 thanks!!
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    My aliens seem to have distorted faces when aging up. That’s why I hate aging my aliens because I’m afraid this will happen. I’m not a fan of re doing their face when their faces distort 😣
    Origin ID: iamoz96
    Enjoy my creations! :)
    edited February 2021
    Do you know if any game changers play with aliens, or at least care about them? If I could get their attention on Twitter, they could let EA know about it. (I’ve tried asking SimGuruNick three or four times, and he’s never answered, and I don’t know who else to ask.)

Hi @AyKooChao, sorry for my late response but thank you for reaching out! He never responded to me either, so I guess we're in the same boat :(
    I don't know any current game changers that actively play with aliens--Most of the ones I do know are CC creators versus active Youtubers. The latter seems to be who they tend to listen to about things like this I think
    ...Like the skin tone debacle was a whole issue from the beginning and they barely acknowledged that until like 5 years later when simmers on youtube started putting light on the topic despite the 34829384294 threads and petitions a lot of other simmers had for years but I'll stop my rant there 🥴

Speaking of skin tones, the "white" alien skin tone is now missing--See this thread for a little more info.
    c82f676b2fa3ab5819b15f55cec2653a.png
    Some condensed notes about the skin tone issue:
    • Aliens with the skin tone will keep it, though it won't be an option in CAS (unless with mods)
    • The skin tone still exists in the game as it can be obtained genetically or if you randomize enough times in CAS

Many thanks to @permanentrose for her experiment on the thread re: the missing skin tone :)

Edit: Please be sure to 'Me too' the EA Answers thread so they can acknowledge it as an issue :)

Hopefully it won't take as long for them to put that skin tone back in :grimace:
    Post edited by Cement on
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Since Maxis has still not updating this issue if there is I could help, that would be every 2 months I will bump this topic if it once again went deeper int he forums. Maxis need to Fix this issue and this is one of the ways I can help my fellow players.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited February 2021
    The Sims team has a very bad record at fixing bugs. I keep bringing up the Stuck Festivals bug but it is actually officially unfixable, apparently, according to it's bug report thread.

And as things go I am looking "forward" to the Yamachan breaking and entering bug being fixed within the next three years if enough players scream at them, otherwise it will never be adressed. Especially since other "Not game breaking just very very annoying" bugs like the washing machines and this one has not been fixed yet .

But hey, Star Wars.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
    @Beardedgeek I know! They couldn’t even be bothered to fix the aliens we already had before they made new ones?

@TS1299 Good idea. If we could keep this topic on the front page for a while, maybe one of the SimGurus would notice it.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    @Beardedgeek I know! They couldn’t even be bothered to fix the aliens we already had before they made new ones?

@TS1299 Good idea. If we could keep this topic on the front page for a while, maybe one of the SimGurus would notice it.

did anyone make a bug report of the missing skin tone @AyKooChao if not one of you should they never fix it if you don't
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    @TS1299 thank you, that'd help a lot! I'm not always on the forums these days since I've gotten busier (I work in the medical field, so that explains enough during this time ahahah)
    Very appreciated :)

@Beardedgeek man, I thought Yamachan's breaking and entering was just an issue with the house I had in Mt. Komorebi because it wasn't just her breaking and entering, but all my neighbors were waltzing in to leave glasses of water everywhere... I had it in Sulani when I had a house with several arches, and changing them to doors fixed it--But I guess breaking in is a feature everyone in Mt. Komorebi since changing my house layout still had everyone coming in :sob:
    I just find it unfortunate they don't think literal facial distortion isn't gamebreaking enough for them to fix it after literal years. :unamused:
    did anyone make a bug report of the missing skin tone @AyKooChao if not one of you should they never fix it if you don't

hi @comicsforlife, I found the EA Answers thread here. I'll add it onto my other post, be sure to me too the thread :)
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Cement wrote: »
    @TS1299 thank you, that'd help a lot! I'm not always on the forums these days since I've gotten busier (I work in the medical field, so that explains enough during this time ahahah)
    Very appreciated :)

@Beardedgeek man, I thought Yamachan's breaking and entering was just an issue with the house I had in Mt. Komorebi because it wasn't just her breaking and entering, but all my neighbors were waltzing in to leave glasses of water everywhere... I had it in Sulani when I had a house with several arches, and changing them to doors fixed it--But I guess breaking in is a feature everyone in Mt. Komorebi since changing my house layout still had everyone coming in :sob:
    I just find it unfortunate they don't think literal facial distortion isn't gamebreaking enough for them to fix it after literal years. :unamused:

hi @comicsforlife, I found the EA Answers thread here. I'll add it onto my other post, be sure to me too the thread :)

@Cement it comes and goes.

1. It seems the bug is that every time you leave the lot (aka have a loading screen) you have to click on the statue in the square to disable visits from the little mountain. The game forgets the setting.
    2. However there are other things you can try, like playing around with the "No solicitors" etc settings on the door.
    3. However again, since I am playing a celeb couple I gave my house the Private lot trait anyway, and suddenly all m y problems disappeared ;)
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    hi @AyKooChao
    I went into game to test an alien to see if aging up is fixed, so i baked a cake and had him blow out the candles...

Do you have any particular mods that might be inadvertently fixing this issue? :(

Isn't that a natural ageing? As someone elderly it looks right in my experience. Looking at all my relatives and other people of the same age. You lose collagen in the cheeks etc. Only celebrities tend to add collagen to look younger.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    hi @AyKooChao

Isn't that a natural ageing? As someone elderly it looks right in my experience. Looking at all my relatives and other people of the same age. You lose collagen in the cheeks etc. Only celebrities tend to add collagen to look younger.

Looks like his eyes got bigger, his nose got smaller and his chin has got longer and pointier. I don't think you can attribute that to aging. The bags under the eyes would be aging but whole features completely changing shape?

@Cement it comes and goes.

1. It seems the bug is that every time you leave the lot (aka have a loading screen) you have to click on the statue in the square to disable visits from the little mountain. The game forgets the setting.
    2. However there are other things you can try, like playing around with the "No solicitors" etc settings on the door.
    3. However again, since I am playing a celeb couple I gave my house the Private lot trait anyway, and suddenly all m y problems disappeared ;)

Oh! I didn't know it disables it every time I left the lot :sob:
    I've already had no solicitors and private lot, maybe yamachan will stop if i just... remember to disable visits every time i leave LOL
    Thank you!
    Simburian wrote: »

@Simburian Hi, I don't think you can see the difference from my second post well, but here are gifs for comparison that show what I mean.

How aging is supposed to be:
    72a26211752f4bf08ff4b2a49ef0fa06.gif
    My YA alien here only gets wrinkles upon aging into adult. This is what happens with regular human sims and our current occults.

The aging bug in question:
    1f2ae13d0ad50d6aebf7a64df8042571.gif
    My YA alien's face distorts when I age him (down in this case); His eyes enlarge, his nose shrinks, and his chin becomes pointer than it was before.

In general, alien faces distort upon aging (either up into their next stage or down to their previous) to force them to have these features, regardless of what you have given them before. Any personalization for the alien becomes moot. :( If the alien you make has small eyes, large noses, and/or squarer chins, this bug is prevalent; However, if they don't have any of those features, it isn't noticeable because they already "fit" the forced criteria. This happens in the game with no mods. I've written more on the opening post if you would like to read more :)
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Have you started a bug report in AnswersHQ?

Has nobody from the Sims team said anything about this?
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
    Have you started a bug report in AnswersHQ?

Has nobody from the Sims team said anything about this?

Hi @SimmerGeorge, I linked the Answers HQ thread on the matter on my first post. And yes, no one from the sims team has said anything about it or even acknowledged its existence.
    I heard that the SimGurus are doing a 24-hour Q&A here on the 6th of May: https://simsvip.com/2021/04/27/the-sims-4-simgurus-to-host-official-forum-ama-on-may-6th-2021/

You know what that means!

If we all ask about the glitch, and maybe post screenshot evidence, they’d have to notice at least one of us. Not sure if it’s exactly the kind of question they’re asking for, but it’s worth a try! #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Am I the only one that doesn’t see what the issue is? They look like that because they age up to adults, they get “wrinkles”... even normal sims look like that.

—T
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top