Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happen to the original skintones prior to the December update?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,965 Member
    edited December 2020
    Simmingal wrote: »
    my sims kept their old skins and makeup

but i have this alien who is light blue but if i edit his skin with new skintones i can't get the same blue only like darker or greener blue and its weird

managed to reset the changes though so he is looking like himself still

and maybe they made blushes more intense for full opacity cause i didn't use them much before update for my main sims so wouldn't notice but there is few premades that make me go "hmm was it always that intense"

don't use mods or anything too

@Simmingal Same! (Except I totally use so much CC lol) This color doesn't seem to be available any more for aliens anymore, so weird, but it still shows up if you don't change it.

nsk7uIm.png

Colony has been attacked.
    please go on planet earth and spread your genes.
    It is of utmost importance that our colony survives this tragedy.

This is his only child who was gifted with the obsolete skin tone, it will be up to her to carry on the line lol

fLSvMfb.png

Ah what a nice look she has I am sure she will make many beautiful children for our colony

- well once she is of age ofcourse
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    n0kiiqa.png

This is my last surviving heir
    his daughter did not inherit the gene
    (really tragic) so I might have to try finding him a new match

he is little dark soul though so it will not be easy
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Oddly in my game it was the turquoise skin tone that was gone. I had a light blue option, not sure if it's the same one you guys are missing. 2/3 of my aliens/mixes are turquoise and apparently that doesn't exist anymore.
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    n0kiiqa.png

The colony must live on. We will find a way

(Honestly I think I might pull up my alien family in a new save and age the toddler up to young adult and see if she's capable of passing on the gene)
  • Options
    Daephene wrote: »
    Oddly in my game it was the turquoise skin tone that was gone. I had a light blue option, not sure if it's the same one you guys are missing. 2/3 of my aliens/mixes are turquoise and apparently that doesn't exist anymore.

This one?
    gU9Eae1.png
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    n0kiiqa.png

(Honestly I think I might pull up my alien family in a new save and age the toddler up to young adult and see if she's capable of passing on the gene)

ah yes good idea before i send my dude seduce whole world :joy:
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I've just realized that isn't the problem. My full blooded adult alien has the turquoise option. I didn't see your light blue either though, so that really is gone. My problem is that my half-blooded alien toddler has the vampire skin tones available in CAS instead of the alien ones. So he doesn't have turquoise or most of the purple options, but he does have several grays that he shouldn't.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    n0kiiqa.png

@Simmingal So this is what I have discovered - if you create an alien in create a sim and then click the randomize button, the light blue skin tone will still show up sometimes. Makes me wonder if it accidentally got left out of being selectable because it obviously is still available somewhere in the code of the game so maybe it will reappear with an update. Or it was meant to be deleted and it showing up is just a glitch

Anyway, I saved Zola (my light blue toddler) and aged her up. For my first experiment, I had her have triplets with a light purple alien and all three babies were light purple. Then I changed the father's skin to the other light blue that's still there, gave her triplets again, and they all came out with a weird human skin tone. Next I gave the father a green tone and had her have two different pregnancies, one had turquoise skin and the other had a weird human skin. Lastly, I randomized the father until he had the light blue skin and then had her have two separate pregnancies and babies and neither of them had the light blue skin, just weird human ones. These outcomes made me wonder that if I tried for enough babies in separate pregnancies if the light blue skin would eventually show up naturally since the genetics obviously weren't really working anyway lol.

Anywayyy, I aged up the babies to toddlers to double check all their skin tones, and I randomized one of them in CAS full edit mode and did get the light blue tone, so if it came down to it, you can alway cheat a little and get the skin tone that way. At least it's not completely gone from the game yet.

• Options
    edited December 2020
    n0kiiqa.png

@Simmingal So this is what I have discovered - if you create an alien in create a sim and then click the randomize button, the light blue skin tone will still show up sometimes. Makes me wonder if it accidentally got left out of being selectable because it obviously is still available somewhere in the code of the game so maybe it will reappear with an update. Or it was meant to be deleted and it showing up is just a glitch

Anyway, I saved Zola (my light blue toddler) and aged her up. For my first experiment, I had her have triplets with a light purple alien and all three babies were light purple. Then I changed the father's skin to the other light blue that's still there, gave her triplets again, and they all came out with a weird human skin tone. Next I gave the father a green tone and had her have two different pregnancies, one had turquoise skin and the other had a weird human skin. Lastly, I randomized the father until he had the light blue skin and then had her have two separate pregnancies and babies and neither of them had the light blue skin, just weird human ones. These outcomes made me wonder that if I tried for enough babies in separate pregnancies if the light blue skin would eventually show up naturally since the genetics obviously weren't really working anyway lol.

Anywayyy, I aged up the babies to toddlers to double check all their skin tones, and I randomized one of them in CAS full edit mode and did get the light blue tone, so if it came down to it, you can alway cheat a little and get the skin tone that way. At least it's not completely gone from the game yet.

hmm so it seems quite rarely you'd be able to get it

I hope this gets fixed (and they don't delete the light blue cause its my fave besides green aliens)
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,430 Member
    my sims kept their old skins and makeup

but i have this alien who is light blue but if i edit his skin with new skintones i can't get the same blue only like darker or greener blue and its weird

managed to reset the changes though so he is looking like himself still

and maybe they made blushes more intense for full opacity cause i didn't use them much before update for my main sims so wouldn't notice but there is few premades that make me go "hmm was it always that intense"

don't use mods or anything too

@Simmingal Same! (Except I totally use so much CC lol) This color doesn't seem to be available any more for aliens anymore, so weird, but it still shows up if you don't change it.

nsk7uIm.png

Oh no. That is my favourite skin tone for aliens. I hope it gets fixed. I plan on updating tomorrow but after reading this I will be making an alien family before I update.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    The original skintones are still there, it's just with all the new ones as well. I've been playing around with them to decide what skintones I wanted with some of my sims & found the boring pale ivory skintone & some of the regular tanned, brown & grey skintones. Most of the original skintones are in the Warm catagory & the grey skintones are in the Misolaise catagory.
  • Options
    NeverSeemsToEndNeverSeemsToEnd Posts: 292 Member
    How can i delete my cc skintones since they don't show up in game. I used to use Tray importer, but the way i use it i need to see in game the items that i want to delete. Is there another way?
    Origin ID: NeverSeemsToEnd
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,334 Member
    edited December 2020
    The "old" skintones are still there on all your "old" Sims before the patch.
    However, trying to reproduce that is now extremely complicated. Which is what 'everyone' wanted. ;)
    How can i delete my cc skintones since they don't show up in game. I used to use Tray importer, but the way i use it i need to see in game the items that i want to delete. Is there another way?
    Honestly, you'll probably have to go through all your Mods folders and files to find them if you don't have them labelled into easy to find folders. However if they are not showing up at all in-game, then they're not even loading. So other than taking up a few kilobytes on your hard-drive, not doing anything. ;)

@permanentrose
    @Simmingal
    @Atreya33

Aliens? What actually happens when Human Sims are abducted by Alien Sims? :D
    "I'm beginning to think they're not from around here... I bet'cha they're English, or Canadian?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGF7qjpAEiI

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited December 2020
    So I just went into the game today & a few of my sims skintones were way off & I can’t seem to find which one they were using prior to the patch. Not to mention many of the makeup (mainly blush) was way off. Either too dark or too pink.
  • Options
    NeverSeemsToEndNeverSeemsToEnd Posts: 292 Member
    edited December 2020
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    However, trying to reproduce that is now extremely complicated. Which is what 'everyone' wanted. ;)
    Honestly, you'll probably have to go through all your Mods folders and files to find them if you don't have them labelled into easy to find folders. However if they are not showing up at all in-game, then they're not even loading. So other than taking up a few kilobytes on your hard-drive, not doing anything. ;)

@permanentrose
    @Simmingal
    @Atreya33

"I'm beginning to think they're not from around here... I bet'cha they're English, or Canadian?"

I have all the CAS items in a folder, that will not be an easy task for me. 🥴 It really annoys me having files that are corrupted or dont appear in my game stored in the folders.
    Origin ID: NeverSeemsToEnd
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »

@permanentrose
    @Simmingal
    @Atreya33

I have all the CAS items in a folder, that will not be an easy task for me. 🥴 It really annoys me having files that are corrupted or dont appear in my game stored in the folders.

I would recommend doing a search for the word “skin” in your file explorer/finder.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited December 2020
    Got into my game to find that Marcus Flex is white now... :s
    12-12-20-7-36-50-PM.png
    latest?cb=20200526152627
  • Options
    ni0bni0b Posts: 3 New Member
    > @shorty943p said:
    > Bad news on the custom skins and skintones at least for now I think.
    >
    > I so disliked the default skins etc that my game has over ONE Gigabyte of custom skins and ALL seems gone now thanks EA\Maxis coders

Yes, I also used mostly custom skin tones... They are still in the game, on the sims I previously had them on, but they are inaccessible in CAS... I hope a patch comes soon to fix this. I see no reason why this CC should just be removed like that.

I had hopes for the new skin tones, but they are disappointingly lacking in pale tones. It's either too yellow, too red or too grey, with not enough in-between ._.
  • Options
    ni0bni0b Posts: 3 New Member
    I cant seem to edit my previous post, but I found this conversion tool which I used on my custom skintones and they now show up!
    https://modthesims.info/d/650407/ts4-skin-converter-v2-3-enable-cc-skintones-in-cas.html
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,334 Member
    Justin wrote: »
    So I just went into the game today & a few of my sims skintones were way off & I can’t seem to find which one they were using prior to the patch. Not to mention many of the makeup (mainly blush) was way off. Either too dark or too pink.

Unfortunately you will just have to tweak it with the new system. I've had to do that, or just leave it as is if not a big deal. It's much more "precise" now and more "complicated" and will take more time to tweak and play around with it.

I think it does look better, but not because the colors are more vast, but mainly the textures and base meshes have been improved.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png