Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tales of Camelot - 3.65: What you Truly Wish - Updated 21/02/2024

Comments

• Options
    _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,753 Member
    lone_cat wrote: »
    I'm fully convinced Morgause knows about magic or even uses it and is in league with Nimueh. Not sure Morgana knows what is going on, but I wonder if she can sense something different about Morgause?

Oh yes, I hope we get to see more of Gwen and Arthur and their stroll through the market. It will be awkwardly romantic, and I am such a sucker for that sort of thing. :D

Haha, I'm glad you're a sucker for it, because this is my first attempt at awkward romance :joy: I hope it won't dissappoint too much!

Hi, guys! It's almost Halloween! :mrgreen: I wasn't able to financially fund the gnomes dancing the rumbasim, but I haven't forgotten about my promise, @MonaSolstraale ! Have a new chapter in the meantime. It was a blast making this. And a nightmare. It's very much a love-hate relationship with this one. :joy:

2.16 - Scarborough Fair, Part III
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
  • Options
    MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,379 Member
    awww! @_sims_Yimi I will love that sight :love:
    However, I think your gnomes see no reason to dance rumbasim as the situation with Morgyn has evolved right now.
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    edited October 2020
    the situation with Morgyn has evolved right now.
    It's evolved, alright. LOL. Anyway...
    So I've gone on and on about about Morgause in my WP comment, but I want to talk about Lincoln too.

I was immediately convinced that Morgause was magical the minute we met her, and just assumed that Lincoln was therefore too, by association. Then I wasn't so sure, and figured Morgause just hitched a ride with the entertainers but the rest of them aren't necessarily magical beings. But after this chapter, I doubt that. He moves like water, made his way around the fountain and without interferring with a single plant, and enchanted the town with his music (or was it the smouldering eyes? :D ). Yeah, my dude's got magic. (I also had a bit of a realisation about him - I love your attention to detail!).

I realise that I haven't said anything about Arthur and Gwen this chapter, other than that I loved their little cupcake moment. They were very cute in general. Not sure if there's much else to say, other than I want more of that, plz :D
  • Options
    However, I think your gnomes see no reason to dance rumbasim as the situation with Morgyn has evolved right now.

It has definitely evolved :D we've gone from pelting with gnomes to dragons in the wildlife pit to chucking them into the Abyss in one chapter, lol.

@ThePlumbob
    Haha, I love your tin foil hat theories! You may or may not be a certain distance from the truth. What realization did you have about Lincoln? Don't leave me in suspense now, I wanna know! :#
    Arthur and Gwen's cupcake moment was so hilariously difficult to take. Gwen kept walking off to sit on chairs while eating, so I deleted all of the chairs. Then she randomly changed into a bikini and waltzed off to sit on the edge of the pool and eat there. So I deleted that, which caused everyone to clip into the floor because posed sims don't handle furniture changes well. :joy:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
  • Options
    Now you know! Well, I guess you always knew. But you know :D (Some impressive language skills this morning, me :sweat_smile: )

Haha what a nightmare! Bikini-clad Gwen would have been quite the addition, lol. I do hate the sims constant need to sit down. I heard that there's a way to get around it using this invisible toilet mod - because it's a toilet you can only use while standing and you can't see it, supposedly placing it down on chairs, couches etc means sims won't be able to sit on them anymore. I keep meaning to test it but never got around to it.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    @MonaSolstraale Okay. So I tried to make the halloween rumba sim pose picture with all my sims in costumes. Then I turned Gawain into a Faun, wondered what the others would look like as fae, and, well... This happened. Happy Halloween, everyone. :joy:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
  • Options
    Holy cowplant, that's a Halloween special and a half! Loved it. But what have you done, Yimi, now I'm hopelessly addicted to this fae AU!
  • Options
    MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,379 Member
    @_sims_Yimi You are really good at making pictures. I'm fascinated ... and I hardly miss the gnomes :love:
  • Options
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    Holy cowplant, that's a Halloween special and a half! Loved it. But what have you done, Yimi, now I'm hopelessly addicted to this fae AU!

Haha, oops. Sorry about that :mrgreen: To be fair, I enjoyed the AU way too much too. Expect things like this to slowly start showing up in the canon version too... maybe. ;)
    @_sims_Yimi You are really good at making pictures. I'm fascinated ... and I hardly miss the gnomes :love:

Aww, thank you <3 This does beat the gnomes by a tiny amount. Hm... I may need to think about replacing my gnome army with a Fae army, instead...
    J6AKQqX.jpg
  • Options
    Look at me chronically procrastinating on D&D preparations posting a chapter early! :joy:

Chapter 2.17 - Truth, Part I

We're back into sort-of lockdown over here. They've spoken out against travel across the border too, so I'll have to hang up my scythes for a while. Maybe until next year. I hope you're all doing okay wherever you are. <3
    J6AKQqX.jpg
  • Options
    Ooh, what a treat! We're restarting lockdown tomorrow too, though it all just kind of blends into one. This year has been a weird blob of sorts, it seems. Thank you for brightening it up with Camelot - that goes for the darker Camelot chapters too, not just this totally non-suspicious happiness you've been serving up lately :wink::D
  • Options
    Ooh, what a treat! We're restarting lockdown tomorrow too, though it all just kind of blends into one. This year has been a weird blob of sorts, it seems. Thank you for brightening it up with Camelot - that goes for the darker Camelot chapters too, not just this totally non-suspicious happiness you've been serving up lately :wink::D

Aw, you're welcome <3 you guys have been real rays of sunshine in the 2020 void, too, both in terms of comments and with your own stories (sweet or twistedly dark as some are ;) ).
    J6AKQqX.jpg
  • Options
    mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    I forgot to mention that I really liked how Guin and Arthur were linking hands at the marketplace like it's the most natural thing in the world! :blush:
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Hi, guys! Things get a bit weird in this one. You can blame my overactive imagination. :joy:

2.18 - Truth, Part II
    J6AKQqX.jpg
  • Options
    mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    edited November 2020
    :love: First read took my breath away so here are the official comments lol.
    I’m really loving the little details in the chapter. Morgana’s learned understanding and compassion for farmers and peasants, then call it a lowly task beneath her because of her upbringing haha. Then her ponytail came undone in the pictures as she was running after the fairy. Aww.. She’s so eager and excited.

I WILL RESIST talking about your amazing pictures… GAH I can’t. They’re too beautiful! I can’t stop repeating myself.

I wonder whose castle is it. :o Wherever she was whisked off too. What kind of history lies in those walls, why has it become a fairy home.

And Lincoln sitting by himself in that final picture.. So beautiful. And lonely. Ooft.. What is he called? I’m not too familiar with this type of mythical beings.

• Options
    :love: First read took my breath away so here are the official comments lol.
    I’m really loving the little details in the chapter. Morgana’s learned understanding and compassion for farmers and peasants, then call it a lowly task beneath her because of her upbringing haha. Then her ponytail came undone in the pictures as she was running after the fairy. Aww.. She’s so eager and excited.

I WILL RESIST talking about your amazing pictures… GAH I can’t. They’re too beautiful! I can’t stop repeating myself.

I wonder whose castle is it. :o Wherever she was whisked off too. What kind of history lies in those walls, why has it become a fairy home.

And Lincoln sitting by himself in that final picture.. So beautiful. And lonely. Ooft.. What is he called? I’m not too familiar with this type of mythical beings.
    Despite the hardships, she’s still a princess, after all. There’s always going to be some cringy privilege, haha. :D Nobody tell Morgana that you don’t harvest wheat with your hands, but with a scythe. She’s not getting any of mine- Woops, I mean sparkles. It’s sparkles now. I definitely don’t have the scythes anymore *cough*

I’m glad you enjoyed the pictures so much <3 I wanted them to look right so it’s good to know that they succeeded at that! As for whose castle it was… who knows? Maybe you’ll find out at some point in the future. :mrgreen:

I made him a Faun. They’re mythological creatures with the legs, hooves and horns of a goat (though horns looked weird on Lincoln so I left them out). They’re very musically inclined and often hang around places that are home to nymphs.
    J6AKQqX.jpg
  • Options
    The plan for posting this one was not until tomorrow, but apparently I have the self-control of a toddler. :joy:
    But look what I dragged out of the abyss! The books are back!

I8o2F07.jpg
    J6AKQqX.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    I am embracing fickleness over a proper schedule. Have a chapter. <3

w1HGcak.jpg
    J6AKQqX.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    2.20 A couple of extra tidbits I thought while reading but forgot to mention on WP because they're pretty inconsequential in the grand scheme of things that happened in the chapter...
    So if Lincoln's music draws out insecurities, is that why Gwen was able to be so serene, open and honest with Arthru during their sunset conversation? Because she was still so at peace? We can see she already had some doubts about it the next day.

Now on a related note, Arthur's own insecurities, about her only being interested in him for his title and self-gain and so forth cropped up almost instantly after the performance, unlike Gwen's or Morgana's. Does that mean Arthur's insecurities actually run deeper than everyone else's, I wonder?
  • Options
    2.20 A couple of extra tidbits I thought while reading but forgot to mention on WP because they're pretty inconsequential in the grand scheme of things that happened in the chapter...
    So if Lincoln's music draws out insecurities, is that why Gwen was able to be so serene, open and honest with Arthru during their sunset conversation? Because she was still so at peace? We can see she already had some doubts about it the next day.

Now on a related note, Arthur's own insecurities, about her only being interested in him for his title and self-gain and so forth cropped up almost instantly after the performance, unlike Gwen's or Morgana's. Does that mean Arthur's insecurities actually run deeper than everyone else's, I wonder?

Haha, they’re important tidbits, still :mrgreen:
    Hmm, I don’t know how much I can say about this without it becoming spoilery, but you’re very keen to notice Arthur being plagued by his insecurities again almost immediately. Lincoln’s music only takes away the darkness that is already present – it doesn’t do anything against the cause of that darkness. It’s very much a temporary bliss. I suppose you can compare it to a painkiller fighting the symptoms instead of the underlying ailment. And the bigger the ailment, the faster the symptoms will come back.
    J6AKQqX.jpg
  • Options
    Because everything has a price.

V7Z0ttL.jpg

I'm going to hunt for old Christmas decorations at the office tomorrow. I have a key to all the forbidden closets until I find them. Woo! :mrgreen: if you don't hear from me again, I lost the war against the dust mites.
    J6AKQqX.jpg
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    You've been busy, Yimi. What a great selection of chapters. I'm hopelessly behind but I enjoyed what I read immensely.

My response grew really long so I'm sharing here. Did Morgana suffer overload in game? I'm seriously worried about her heart damage. It is sad that she doesn't have time to process the traumatic situation she just endured and that she can't share it with anyone.

Is that why she didn't react to Uther's news of engagement? It was so understated. Or does she simply understand her role and accept her duty and she will deal with Richard later? I feel like he won't stop causing unrest in the Kingdom and plotting Camelot's doom even after marriage. I'm hoping their marriage doesn't happen, but not because he discovers her magic and decides to have her burned at the stake or something equally and utterly as tragic. I want Morgana to put Richard is his rightful place. The ground. Opps... did I say that aloud? :grimace::tongue:

On that subject, do all the kingdoms feel the same way about magic as Uther in Camelot? Do they all want to see witches burned and Druids slaughtered?

It was helpful to see the other nobility from other kingdoms. What happened in Essetir? Hmm... I'm so worried someone will impersonate the king/prince?? in the tournament and cause all sorts of trouble.

"What just happened?"
    Haha. Arthur doesn't recognize a crush when he sees one. Adorable! Those other ladies were way over the top... literally. :lol: Sorry couldn't help myself. It's refreshing to see a sweet and painfully shy lady interest instead. Her discomfort is palpable. Oh wow. I could feel it through the screen. Great job with the screenshots and text evoking such a squirmy response from me.

The horse is beautiful by the way even if I can't pronounce its name. Haha.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Koal96Koal96 Posts: 16 New Member
    Love this, super interesting
  • Options
    @AdamsEve1231 Words cannot express how much I like those little pumpkin earrings. :mrgreen:
    I want Morgana to put Richard is his rightful place. The ground. Opps... did I say that aloud? :grimace::tongue:
    Whoa, you did! Dang, that brings the number of readers that want Richard dead to 2, I believe. And the guy has such a charming personality, too. :joy:
    On that subject, do all the kingdoms feel the same way about magic as Uther in Camelot? Do they all want to see witches burned and Druids slaughtered?
    They do not. Everyone in the treaty of the Five Kingdoms feels the same way and outlaws magic, but not everyone is in that treaty. Northumbria is sliiiiightly more tolerant (though still goes after them), Cornwall is a lot less harsh, and the Isle of Mora and Daobeth (neither has appeared in the story yet) are openly accepting. Those last 3 are all at war with Uther & Co.
    "What just happened?"
    Haha. Arthur doesn't recognize a crush when he sees one. Adorable! Those other ladies were way over the top... literally. :lol: Sorry couldn't help myself. It's refreshing to see a sweet and painfully shy lady interest instead. Her discomfort is palpable. Oh wow. I could feel it through the screen. Great job with the screenshots and text evoking such a squirmy response from me.
    Ha! They definitely were XD Poor Guin is so painfully awkward during those chapters. I’m glad you enjoyed it!

@Koal96
    Thank you!
    J6AKQqX.jpg
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Aww thank you. I love those pumpkin earrings too, @_sims_Yimi. I changed them for Thanksgiving. I had my witch costume before. Now I'm debating about a Christmas outfit but to find good CC holiday earrings. :smiley:
    Yeah I have strong feelings about Richard. :# It's a dangerous world he lives in. Anything could happen. He definitely received harsh criticism in my comment today on the next chapter, and he didn't even appear. I'm not even entirely sure where all my animosity comes from because thus far, he hasn't done anything outright evil, not like Uther and Ag. Maybe I just hate the thought of Morgana used as a political pawn, a marriage of convenience without any choice.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest