Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tales of Camelot - 3.65: What you Truly Wish - Updated 21/02/2024

Comments

• Options
    _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,753 Member
    Aww thank you. I love those pumpkin earrings too, @_sims_Yimi. I changed them for Thanksgiving. I had my witch costume before. Now I'm debating about a Christmas outfit but to find good CC holiday earrings. :smiley:
    Yeah I have strong feelings about Richard. :# It's a dangerous world he lives in. Anything could happen. He definitely received harsh criticism in my comment today on the next chapter, and he didn't even appear. I'm not even entirely sure where all my animosity comes from because thus far, he hasn't done anything outright evil, not like Uther and Ag. Maybe I just hate the thought of Morgana used as a political pawn, a marriage of convenience without any choice.
    Haha, maybe he just struck a chord with you and painted a target on his face. I have that with certain characters sometimes, too. They just give off vibes.

Hi, guys! It's been a bit of a rough week here, so the chapter is both late and not as long as normal. Forgive. :grimace:

nt4erH8.jpg
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Chapter 2.22
    That picture of Morgause fading away is interesting. Did all the witches fade away, or is it only Morgause? Does it mean she was never physically there to begin with? Perhaps it was just their magical realm fading away, and I'm reading too much into it...

I wonder if Lincoln ever made it. The witches sure didn't seem concerned about him missing...
  • Options
    mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    @_sims_Yimi
    I'm anxious for next chapter. There's the Agra/Gawain/Arthur/Morgana confrontation, Uther/Arthur/Morgana reunion, Sarah (I forgot if it was gameplay or story. If it's story it's so sad! :'( Then Elyan/Percival. My nerves...! :astonished:
  • Options
    @ThePlumbob
    Ooooh that’s an interesting train of thought! Perhaps you’re right, and it was all a dream?
    I’m sure Lincoln is fine. It’s not like he went to talk to a dragon or anything. Totally fine. :grimace:

@mercuryfoam
    So eager :mrgreen: Sarah and Bertrand was a game thing that developed on its own, and I never found a place to put it in. It’s canon in my head, though. Well, it was canon. Seeing how. Y’know.

Hi, guys! Somehow I actually managed to make my Wednesday posting deadline this time around. Woo!

0I8hEKR.jpg

We had a press conference yesterday. Nothing opens for Christmas, and if we're not good, things will get locked away even further. Be safe, you guys. <3
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
  • Options
    u3IxSvh.jpg

Turns out that we were not, in fact, good. Now things got locked away even further! :joy::cry: We’re in complete lockdown here again, through Christmas and Newyears and probably into a good chunk of January. I hope you’re all doing okay. <3
    J6AKQqX.jpg
  • Options
    MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited December 2020
    I am sorry to hear @_sims_Yimi :/
    I know it's really bad in Germany too. I think we will son get lockdown in Copenhagen. The infection pressure here increases very quickly :/
    Take good care of yourself <3

Post edited by MonaSolstraale on
  • Options
    Oh no, does that mean you won't get to see your family at Christmas? That is so rubbish, I'm sorry, Yimi! The lockdowns seem neverending. Here's to summer 2021, lol.
  • Options
    SnuffyBucketSnuffyBucket Posts: 569 Member
    Chapter 2.24
    Gaheris and Gareth are the sweetest things ever. They remind me of my brothers, growing up. They'd play fight, one would cry and the other would say something like; "You're a wimp! You can go and play dollies with Snuffy!" It was a major insult, back then. But, who wouldn't wanna hang out with a powerful sorceress? (I'm not talking about me here, lol.) OK, so they don't know that's what Morgana is, so they're only seeing the dress and girl germs, but... Aggro wears a dress. Although they probably don't want to play with him either. I bet no one ever did and that's why he's such a lovely guy.
    Banner-2-with-filters.jpg
    Almost Eternal
  • Options
    @MonaSolstraale
    That doesn’t sound good either, no. France is just coming out of a second lockdown and there’s already talk of a third, too. I’m really grateful for everyone and their stories on the forums. You guys kept the whole year from being eaten by covid sadness <3

@ThePlumbob
    My family is split into two households. They cannot visit me (too many people). If I visit them, I can see one, but not the other (set number of people you’re allowed to see per day). And here I thought that choosing between mum and dad was a childhood-only thing. Nuup. :joy:

@SnuffyBucket
    Everything girly is a major insult at that age, yup yup. Can confirm. LOL I don’t think anyone wants to go play dollies with Aggro. I bet he’s the type that ends up beheading his dolls. Ooooh you’ve got him all figured out – he’s not a power-tripping fopdoodle. All this time, all he truly wanted was the power of friendship! :mrgreen:

@mercuryfoam asked to see
    Lionel’s face when Gawain was put in the tournament.

12-16-20-12-13-04-PM.jpg

Lionel: “My honour! Our collective good name, sullied by a mere peasant competing in our ancient traditions! Oh, woe and horror!”
    Percival: “...I have to share two more scenes with this guy?”
    Yes, Percy. Yes, you do.
    J6AKQqX.jpg
  • Options
    Hi, guys! I hope you're all doing okay. :mrgreen: Have a chapter before I vanish for the holidays! Note: it's not a happy one.

WoyuPKt.jpg
    J6AKQqX.jpg
  • Options
    MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,380 Member
    It will truly be a holiday of challenges .... also for me :/
    I hope you have some nice days anyway.
    Take good care of yourself <3
  • Options
    @MonaSolstraale we'll just have to make the best of it <3

Merry Christmas, everyone! I hope you'll have a good day today. :cookie::star:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
  • Options
    Hi, everyone! I bring you one final chapter before the end of the year. I hope you'll enjoy!

j3c6gJm.jpg

2020 has been mildly inconvenient for some and downright awful for others. We only have a few more days to go until the new year. For everyone who has been struggling this year, I hope that you can leave all the bad behind in these last few days, and that next year will be better. I wish you all a wonderful Newyear and a blissful 2021. <3
    J6AKQqX.jpg
  • Options
    SnuffyBucketSnuffyBucket Posts: 569 Member
    It's like a ghost town around here. Are we particularly hardcore/pathetic for hanging around here during the festivities or... oh no. Did everyone die except us? If I wake up in the freezer aisle of a post-apocalyptic supermarket with you tomorrow, I apologise for somehow dreaming that into reality. Or having a premonition? Anyway, why am I here? Oh yes, Chapter 2.26:
    If you opened this spoiler hoping for a sensible review or constructive feedback, sorry, it's just more nonsense. Although, it's on-topic nonsense, so that's something.

What a great way to end the year! An engagement no one wanted, another that was wanted but for all the wrong reasons and a massive poostorm of a party, with oodles of horrible foreshadowing, where we meet someone who definitely isn't going to cause any problems whatsoever! I spotted a few familiar faces in there, as I'm sure they will when they all come out of their Winter hibernation. ⛄
    Banner-2-with-filters.jpg
    Almost Eternal
  • Options
    It's like a ghost town around here. Are we particularly hardcore/pathetic for hanging around here during the festivities or... oh no. Did everyone die except us? If I wake up in the freezer aisle of a post-apocalyptic supermarket with you tomorrow, I apologise for somehow dreaming that into reality. Or having a premonition? Anyway, why am I here? Oh yes, Chapter 2.26:
    If you opened this spoiler hoping for a sensible review or constructive feedback, sorry, it's just more nonsense. Although, it's on-topic nonsense, so that's something.

What a great way to end the year! An engagement no one wanted, another that was wanted but for all the wrong reasons and a massive poostorm of a party, with oodles of horrible foreshadowing, where we meet someone who definitely isn't going to cause any problems whatsoever! I spotted a few familiar faces in there, as I'm sure they will when they all come out of their Winter hibernation. ⛄

Oh dear. No 2021 supermarket apocalypse scenarios, it's not allowed! :joy: Though with the crazy mist that came out of nowhere yesterday, who knows...
    Haha, I'm glad it was such a good year-ender. Doesn't it just overflow with happiness? :mrgreen: better chapters are coming, I promise. At some point. Probably.
    J6AKQqX.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Hi, guys. I hope you're all doing well. <3

thVpulR.jpg

I took the Christmas tree down today. The room looks weirdly empty now. 11 months until I'm allowed to put it up again. :joy: The longest we've ever left it is until the day before my birthday, because we were all too stubborn to take it down. I hung a few balls on the lamp in defiance back in the day and it took my dad a full year to realize. :D
    J6AKQqX.jpg
  • Options
    When is your birthday? We did have a tree till March one year out of sheer laziness :sweat_smile:

I still worry about Gawain, but it has been a beautiful journey seeing him grow into a man. Just look at him in that last picture. I'm sure this will all end terribly, but at least no one can take this moment away from him.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    @ThePlumbob March 28th! We left it until 10 PM on March 27th. :joy:

They're all a bunch of pixels but I'm weirdly proud of Gawain. He's grown so much. My widdle cinnamon roll has grown into such a good guy. <3 Do you have that with your characters, too?
    J6AKQqX.jpg
  • Options
    @_sims_Yimi
    He really has! He is lovely <3
    Do you have that with your characters, too?
    Um... *crickets* I've had moments. But overall I'm not sure if I have many to be proud of, haha.
  • Options
    mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    Chapter 2.27
    Richard and Tarquin make me lose brain cells so much so my comments have gone ape-💩. They'll make a great liquor brand. Anyway just here to apologise and warn that I'll probably be cussing loads cuz Richard's getting so much screen time and he brings out the best in me. :)

Will we find out what happened to Lincoln before the end of Ch2? I don't know why but I keep thinking Cenred and Lincoln are somehow related. Like, Cenred's magic could be satyr based too, or he made a deal with Nimueh.

And he's pledging his alliance to Morgana, a budding witch. What does he know about her that makes him ally with her when Camelot seemed to be on the losing end? Did Morgause have a part to play in this?

Oh hey. What do you know. Maybe I can comment after all. Just need to write here where I don't see him :smiley:
  • Options
    @mercuryfoam
    Chapter 2.27
    Richard and Tarquin make me lose brain cells so much so my comments have gone ape-💩. They'll make a great liquor brand. Anyway just here to apologise and warn that I'll probably be cussing loads cuz Richard's getting so much screen time and he brings out the best in me. :)

Will we find out what happened to Lincoln before the end of Ch2? I don't know why but I keep thinking Cenred and Lincoln are somehow related. Like, Cenred's magic could be satyr based too, or he made a deal with Nimueh.

And he's pledging his alliance to Morgana, a budding witch. What does he know about her that makes him ally with her when Camelot seemed to be on the losing end? Did Morgause have a part to play in this?

Oh hey. What do you know. Maybe I can comment after all. Just need to write here where I don't see him :smiley:
    Tarquin and Richard liquor. Riquin? Tarchard? Both sounds horrible. Naaaah, you comment was amazing! You can leave those on my blog anytime :mrgreen:

Oooh, interesting theory! I can neither confirm nor deny that. Morgause has a part to play in many hidden things, though. You’ll need to have patience for the answers. Which is mean of me, seeing how I only post once a week. Sorry. :sweat_smile:

Oooh the urge to add a picture of him here is so strong now :joy:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
  • Options
    Hi, everyone. We finally came out of D&D-hiatus and had a session last weekend (woo!), but somehow I finished the chapter in time anyway! Also, throwing giant magical dinosaurs at your players is fun. Oh, the fear on their faces. :mrgreen:

Anyway, here ya go!

KLszDva.jpg
    J6AKQqX.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    That's awesome that you were able to play D&D (I'm very jealous that you're allowed to have a social life, lol). What did the guys get up to? Clearly it involved dragons, haha

Right, where did I leave off in WP?

Chapter 2.28
    Goodness, drunken Gawain is too precious. I enjoyed Arthur's amusement, and then genuine fear of disappointing Gawain. And offering him equality by ditching the titles... oof. I'm all misty-eyed. Though he probably should have done that when Gawain wasn't drunk, so that he remembers that. Also, hoping that drunk Gawain won't get himself in trouble with some of the other tournament competitors who have a stick up their behind.

That moment between Lancelot and Morgana was unexpected. We have not seen them in many scenes together, and clearly they aren't very close, so it was even more special to see such a rare moment of honesty in Camelot.

Lancelot is very perceptive indeed. I suddenly remembered that he was the only one of the knights who saw Mordred. I do wonder what he made of that - it's unlikely he would have been able to guess the truth, but he is unusally observant, so perhaps it might come to play later. Now he's offering Morgana a way to make it look like she's gone, an escape. When he says he's seen it before, I do wonder what that might mean. He doesn't look older than the Pendragon siblings, at least not significantly older, so it can't be something that happened "before their time." Which would mean it's to do with someone who was close to him. Other than that, I have nothing.

Aww, and he took over Gawain's guard duty, sacrificing his spot in the tournament. How many brownie points is he aiming for in this segement? :D In any case, it worked; I loved him in this scene. Tell him it's renewed my super-fan status :D

• Options
    @ThePlumbob

Haha, it was still over skype instead of in person, but yes, it was a lot of fun :mrgreen: I missed playing. We took a break over Christmas holidays for me to recharge, but it definitely felt like something missing.

It were actual dinosaurs for a change! They had to track one down and stop it from eating everything. They also tried to bake pancakes, flirt with the grass and have a polite conversation with one of the PC’s grandmother. Guess which one between dinosaur fight, flirting, pancake baking and civil family chat was the most difficult? :joy:
    He was adorable in-game, too. I had him do friendly interactions with Arthur, but every speech bubble that came out of his mouth was a heart, or thumbs up, or a smiley, or something else adorable. This guy writes himself, really.

Lance has mostly been in the shadows, but in some areas, they’re quite similar. I promised him he’d get more screentime after resurrecting me at the tea party, so you’ll be seeing more of him still. Yay, brownie points! Glad to see he has a fan again, hehe. I’ll make sure not to let him know, or I’ll never hear the end of it. :D
    J6AKQqX.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    BnX4ogy.jpg

Disclaimer: this is a dark one, guys. Sorry about that in advance. I really struggled with writing this one. :sweat_smile:
    J6AKQqX.jpg