Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Humorous Anecdotes

Comments

• Options
    MadDoctor61MadDoctor61 Posts: 414 Member
    edited September 2020
    I gave my new family an empty lot and emptied their bank account. They are recovering slowly, but it is birthday time for one of the toddlers and they don't have tables or chairs yet (they eat out at the diner so far), since beds are a higher priority so they can stop sleeping on park benches. One of the teens went to the store and bought a birthday cake and the hungry family members (who last ate the night before, gathered at central park for a party) Everybody in the park came over and joined in the festivities. Only 3 of my 8 sims managed to snag a piece of birthday cake (actually 7, the remaining toddler got a bottle before the party). Luckily, there were 3 picnic baskets to raid.

I wonder if they will fair any better tomorrow at the birthday for the second toddler.

Update:
    Only two of the sims missed out on birthday cake. Unfortunately, I forget to check to see if they had eaten before sending them out on other tasks. I was about to send them home (a home with no food and only one toilet and one shower for eight sims - they are more likely to shower at the gym or pool) when I noticed they were starving. It was getting late and teen would get caught out after curfew and the Journalist needed to be up early, and picnic baskets seem to disappear suddenly, so I cheated and teleported them to the park to eat (quicker than the diner).
    Post edited by MadDoctor61 on
  • Options
    Okay. Back to the Sim who couldn't get cursed. Yes, again. I started a new game because there were things about that world that I didn't like, but I started with the same family. I think his 'Athletic' trait was a problem before so this time I switched opportunities. He's on the Anti-MorcuCorp series and was just sent "Into The Fire". While there he did the side trip to explore 'Tomb of the Rock' and get "Proof of Mummification" that his wife will probably need somewhere along the line. She just finished 'Tomb tours' and will take on "Tombs: When Not to Raid" if it is available, others if not. When reporting in, she was just too late to purchase any Mummy Snacks. The special merchant quit for the night right after her 'Charming Introduction'. Anyway, while checking out the sarcophagus, what happened. I'm sure you can guess. He's up to level 6 athletic (I made the whole family obese [maxed] to watch them work it off) but nobody has been to China to pick up the Sim Fu book so his Martial Arts is at zero.

I didn't get around to curing him because I was getting a couple dozen messages about unroutable sims each sim day. I didn't have all the expansions for that world, so I decided to quite and delete it. I moved onto another world and ta-da, King Raymundo Rodiekhkare strikes again. First he couldn't get cursed, now he's CURSED with getting cursed.
  • Options
    The adults from the home of the teen adventuring in Egypt, tagged along. While the teens are following adventure trails, the adults are collecting stuff, rocks, insects, relics. They have been having trouble finding dig sites. I've been watching all the common spawning spots, but there is nothing there. The girl doing the smaller adventures, concentrating on accumulating Visa points just sold another tourist brochure photo, getting her to level two and she then bought the 'Tear of Horus'. Now there are dig sites everywhere. I looked in these places only a few sim hours ago and there was nothing. I wonder, does buying the ToH cause the sites to spawn?
  • Options
    My dog just had puppies. All the human residents were at school/work. The gardener wouldn't stop doting on the new mother. I needed him to finish harvesting, so the gardening Sim could plant the improved crop before taking his first trip to China. I resorted to sending the momma dog to the park across the street, then "Locate Collectible". The gardener followed her, still doting. Once she located some dig sites, I teleported her away. The gardener fussed for a while, walked around his truck (I thought he was going to get in and leave the job undone - it's happened before, often after a birthday with cake), then back to the garden. I wish there was a way to order him back to work.
  • Options
    On the above mentioned trip to China, the above mentioned gardening Sim had the adventure for the "Scale Tomb of the First Emperor" and would be needing Assassin Bugs. He was one short, but there was one showing on the map, at the Abandoned Barn. Instead of being behind the barn as usual, it was underground. Often they can be reached from the basement. Not this time. I've been in a similar situation before. I've learned not to take the adventure until I've collected the bugs beforehand. His mother was on a bug hunt and had it on her radar (and in her to do list). I don't take the adventure without all the bugs, because they are rare and may not show up again til the next trip (or a couple of times, the trip after that). I was pretty confident she would catch it as she has been on many bug hunts earlier this game (when/if if ever find a rainbow beetle/butterfly I'll save the capture for her). I resorted to "Build on this lot", "buyDebug" and "moveObjects on/off (never forget to turn it off)" to move the bug (and spawner) to the front of the barn. It's a pain at the back of the barn, trying to get the camera situated right because of the hill.
  • Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Yep, been there, done that, and moving that red assassin bug spawner is on my list of things to do when I first edit the China map. :D
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Same trip to China, the teen doing the Dragon Cave series, had the wish to learn Martial Arts and had just finished supplying parts for the Vision Statue. Knowing that "Learn From the Master's Palm" was coming up, she stopped in at the Academy and started reading the MA book. As soon as she finished level one, she wanted to spar with someone. The only one there was Shen Su with a brown belt. I knew she would get trounced, but he was the only other Sim on the lot at the time. She beat him 2-0. I'm not sure how. I used Master Controller to check. He is Athletic at level 7 athletic skill (with brown belt MA). She is not Athletic, only skill level 4 and level 1 MA as well as being chunky (I made the whole family that way and I have to get them to work it off to become lean and strong). Maybe he felt sorry for her.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    On a trip to France, my Sim was checking for adventures. He was looking for "Frogs! And Make it Snappy". He had all the ingredients collected except the meat (which he could pick up at the Cantina before delivery). It's a great way to get a lot of visa points in a hurry. It wasn't available the first day, but he took "Frogs As Pets" instead, since he already had the frog and delivered it to Albert Fouchier. He then took "Trouble at the Museum" which was a lot quicker since he brought along the 'Eyes of Horus'. He left one at the Antique Shop and one at the Museum. "Frogs! And Make it Snappy" showed up the second day. It was interesting how much Albert Fouchier loved frogs. Now he was serving them for supper. Yes, the same Albert Fouchier who said "Isn’t he the cutest wittle fwog in da whole wide world?"

Update:
    He picked up supper for all the explorers while at the Cantina. The plan was for him to deliver all the food, go back to Base Camp, eat and sleep. He pulled out the plate of frogs legs right after delivering the Lettuce. I cancelled it because it was getting late and I didn't want to be kicked out before the series was finished. I was now going to have him eat after everything else was done before going back to base camp. After delivering the Crocodiles, Albert wandered off to eat my Sim's frog legs. Wanna bet he takes long enough to get me kicked out before finishing. (I forgot to save, so I'll add this - He did manage to deliver the Plums before it was too late.
  • Options
    Too much going on at once. A teenage sim got pregnant, had the baby. Now both parents want to get married. He had a bachelor party yesterday, she is having one today. There is a baby-sitter at home with the babies. At least she was, til the bachelorette party started, now she's at the party (and a dead ringer for the mom/bride) leaving the baby home alone. Huh? Older foster sisters and foster mother are headed to he party after work/school. Oops, one just arrived home, long after the baby-sitter left. I take it she arrived at the party spot where I told her to go after Art Club, then headed home automatically. I hate when they do that. Now she has two orange babies to take care of and strained motives (she really needed to party). Her partner (foster brother and co-parent of the other baby) just got the After-School Award Ceremony. I'm trying to get all the male members of the foster group together near the school, manage what is going on at the party, and get the babies taken care of, all at the same time. I'm sure it will be interesting when he goes in for the Ceremony and all the females will want to attend and try to leave the party. I wonder how long it will take to get the missing sister back to the party, and will a different sitter she up when she does?
  • Options
    I was wondering why my screen had a dark aura around the outside, similar to the old computer that is literally falling apart and the lid isn't firmly attached. Then I realized it was only the one Sim. The Sim who was cursed by the mummy. There's been so much going on in my game, I forget that she was cursed. She didn't quite finish Abu Simbel on the last trip to Egypt and she hasn't been back since. She only has three (3) days left. Now, judging from the vomiting she was doing in the middle of the night, she is pregnant. Pregnant sims can't travel. Oh wait! There is an exception to that, being that she is in her first trimester and the pregnancy is still unofficial. She's at work now, and got pregnant after work yesterday. Can I get her to Egypt before the pregnancy becomes official. I hope so.
  • Options
    DottyKCDottyKC Posts: 19 Member
    So after playing a bunch of legacy families that get tied up in having children and don't have much time left to go ot on the town, I started a new character in Isla Paradiso with the goal of living large and exploring the island without getting tied down to a family. Well, then I quickly remembered how convenient it was to have a married sim who can easily max out their fun with a single woohoo. I promptly took my sim to the park to pick up a hottie. In walks one of the most attractive sims I've ever seen. My sim picks this guy up like a champ and even convinces him to leave his current partner. 2 game weeks later, they get hitched... and then I find out he has 4 kids already, including a toddler! I promptly abandoned that game and haven't been back since... there's no such thing as living large with a toddler, 2 kids, and a teenager in tow!
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    I just got ANOTHER "special toy" That's the third one for five kids. I'd reduced the odds down to five percent and I just checked to make sure. Is this good luck, or bad luck? Should I buy lotto tickets? :)

p.s.
    I kept the first one, because I've never kept one til adulthood yet. I deleted the other two (shift+click. Delete Object).
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    My teens were collecting the "Cultural Interview" opportunities and one was coming up on graduation, so It's off to France they go. Three teens with the CI and another angler without (because I'm testing out my new world and don't have any spawners yet, nor water to put them). The mother of the clan went along because she had over 30,000 happiness points and a wish for 5,000 simoleons worth of relics would give me a Collection Helper. Both children have the Butterfly Bonanza opportunity, but, as I said, no spawners. France is a great place to find butterflies. The father didn't come along because the party was getting too large. Ooops, while choosing who would go and stay, I checked everybody's opportunity box (over moodlet display) but Dad had two opportunities, "Check This" (journalism opportunity - displayed) and "A French Puzzler" (logic - not displayed). He needed to go to France to accomplish this opportunity and make room for a new one. I think I'm going to have a short one person trip as soon as I get home. There won't be any dig-sites, rocks, bugs etc, left. I wonder if I will remember to transfer the Collection Helper to him before he goes.

Followup:
    Well, that didn't work, he ended up in China.
    Second Followup:
    I used 'Task Manager' to quit the program. Since my last save was just as he was pulling out his phone, I was able to restart and send him the France this time. He just got home after a day and a half of collecting rocks and bugs. He gets this message: "Carl Biblio cannot complete the opportunity A French Puzzler because one of the targets in no longer available." Arrrghh!!!!
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    I have a dining room with 2 long tables and 16 chairs for my family of 8 (well 10 including 2 babies) Sims. Why do the two oldest insist on going into the den to eat on the couch? This time, the dog was sleeping on the couch, taking up two spots, so Mom ranted and raved about no place to eat because Dad was already seated.

Update. All 16 dining chairs are empty, but they both tried to use the sofa in the den, again occupied by a sleeping dog.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Oh, come on. I don't mind that the wish for finding 2,000 or 3,000 simoleons worth of relics shows up on the last day of vacation. Even the 5,000 simoleons works out if the merchant has a decent supply. But 10,000 simoleons worth in less than a day. I don't think I can do that. It will be a while before they head back to Egypt. The couples exploring China and France will be travelling first. This vast HP wish will be sitting there taking up a slot for ages. ;)

Update: I actually did it. I had two sims stop the adventures they were working on, plus the two who were wandering about collecting stuff. No 'Dangerous Creatures' or 'Gold Figurines' were collected but lots of 'Canopic Jars' and 3 'Dropa Stones' helped me get there. All those HP will help buy some 'Food Replicators' for home.
  • Options
    My dog slept all evening on the bed was lonely and everybody else was just going to sleep. There was a raccoon across the street. That's how he can get his social up. He wandered across the street, sniffed the raccoon, started goofing around, then, suddenly, the raccoon 'teleported' away somewhere. My dog is still lonely and everybody is asleep. I wonder if he can find somebody else to socialize with.
  • Options
    My sim had two easily fulfilled wishes, buy incense holder and buy fireworks. He was in the market so it was easy. He stepped into the general store, and went up to the register. When the menu came up, I clicked the fireworks, then the incense holder, then (because buying one firecracker doesn't make much of a display) I clicked the top item in the buy column (I bet you can see where this is going) where it used to say 1 (one) fireworks, and changed it to 20. Ooops. Just as I clicked buy, I realized that the incense holder appeared above the fireworks. I bought one fireworks and 20 incense holders.
  • Options
    Back to France. The last couple of times I was here, I'd already finished Abu Simble. It was so handy to place the Eyes of Horus at the Relic Store and Museum. I don't have them this time and do I ever miss them. It's late. My Sim is exhausted, but I want to get her into the basement then pull out the sleeping bag. Maybe she will sleep in I the historic Chinese bed. I wonder how that would go over with the museum's docents.
  • Options
    My Sim had an opportunity to "Deliver A Book To France." He went to the computer and ordered a spare copy which was put into the 'Travel Chest' (along with sleeping bags, Tear of Horus and what ever else I wouldn't want to forget). When I loaded up on gear, the book was missing. There's a solution to that. The chest also includes a laptop. He ordered a book as soon as he arrived. Or at least that was the plan. I forgot and woke him up that night to do so. It didn't arrive in the morning mail so I waited another day. Day Three. Of a three day excursion. The book didn't arrive this morning either. He needs a book to deliver for the opportunity. AND IT'S TOO LATE TO ORDER (OR WRITE) ONE!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    My game had been running for quite some time, and I was a bit surprised nobody had gotten pregnant recently. I shut down the game and computer when I went to bed last night for a windows update. Today, a lot of my female sims are vomiting and have odd food wishes. I recognize these signs. I've had this glitch before. All the pregnancies that didn't happen kick-in before the restart are kicking in now. I think I have three or four pregnancies at the same time. In a previous glitch, I had seven (yes 7) babies on the same day. My nursery has two cribs and a swing. The same nursery layout I had for the seven babies. That was crazy. Three or four will be no problem.

Update:
    Yup. Just before midnight, four sims climbed out of bed and rubbed their bellies. Oh, the one that became a teen the previous evening, invited her best friend over for a birthday party; his. Before he could get a girlfriend and a part-time job, she put the moves on him and proposed going steady. Once that was settled, my attention drifted elsewhere. She's vomiting now. It looks like my 3 baby nursery will have 5 new inhabitants.
  • Options
    Field trips involving more that one school can be interesting. The two older kids are preparing for a career in music and go to school at the theatre. The two younger ones, go to the regular school. The school bus stops at the theatre to pick up the kids, while the ones at the regular school have to run to catch the bus, which is already at the destination (the Wilsonof Theatre field trip). In another town, I had kids in three different schools, regular, music, and science. The locations were quite a difference apart. It took till nearly 2pm for them all to get on the bus. At least in this town, they are just around the corner.
  • Options
    boombamboomboombamboom Posts: 52 Member
    edited November 2020
    One day, I was like making a barbecue and my sim just took her baby and put it on the barbecue. I was shocked.
  • Options
    One day, I was like making a barbecue and my sim just took her baby and put it on the barbecue. I was shocked.

I've often had sims leave the baby in unusual locations, such as under the garden sprinkler, in front of their work door (they snuggled the baby or something before work, then took the baby with them, leaving them outside the rabbit-hole), in front of the fire-place, in the middle of the road (I've watched cars run right over them), in the puddle the dog just left (they were playing with the baby when I told them to 'mop up puddle.' The put the baby in the puddle then complained that they couldn't complete the action because the baby was in the way) The barbecue that's (I'm trying to think of a pun I want to put here).
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    I had a wedding party on Sunday. The two oldest Sims (including the pregnant one) headed home early, mostly because the baby-sitter was doing a lousy job. They got the kids fixed up and went to bed a bit early. The others stayed around for the reception party/dancing/skinny-dipping etc. They got home very late and only got half a night's sleep. On Monday evening, everything is going kaput. The children are out late at a ballet recital, along with the teens (the only ones who were in any shape to attend), who aren't exhausted (at least not like the grown-ups-they stayed later than the kids but not as late as the others). I squeezed some activity out of the older Sims before coming home. One, however was too far gone and came home for a double nap before supper. The others came home red-lining Energy, to eat, shower etc. and go to bed. The two Full adults are in decent shape and are now home and fed but I have three very unhappy toddlers that need attention. I have three Sim in decent shape to care for them.

Nope, I don't have any. The oldest female chose this time to go into labour. Her husband took her to the hospital. There goes two of them. The next oldest, who had the double nap, was about to give a dirty toddler a bath and put her to bed, but it's now her birthday. She's going to be unavailable for childcare for a bit. I have nobody who isn't red-lining to look after the kids. :s

Update:
    I had to wait for the birthday girl to finish her transformation. But she only had two toddlers to deal with. The third was carried to the hospital, by the father-to-be (I wondered if he would leave him at the hospital door providing another addendum to the previous post). The new mom will look after him when they all get home.

Second Update:
    The two toddlers were put to bed. The others came home from the hospital with the new baby and a red-lining energy, dirty toddler. Dad went straight to bed (he has work in the morning). Mom put the baby on the floor (both cribs are occupied) then put the screaming toddler in the swing. Toddler's don't seem to like the swing, especially when they are tired. He screamed so loud he woke the entire house. I had to cancel everybody's "React To Noisy Baby", send them back to bed to relax (they won't sleep with the baby crying) and read a skill book (the bit of sleep they've had so far allowed this). I then had Mom, take one barely rested toddler out of the crib, take the screaming toddler out of the swing and put him into the crib. This took forever because by now Mom was also red-lining energy and complaining how tired she was and how noisy the baby was. Meanwhile, the rest of the house was skill-reading (I still couldn't send them back to sleep quite yet.) Mom left the baby on the floor and headed to her bedroom. By the time she got there, I could send her to bed, as I did the rest of the house.

That means sanity has returned, right? WRONG!!! The game chose this moment to freeze up. I left it that way, while I wrote this update. It's still frozen. I'll have to go through this entire mess again after restarting the computer (tomorrow) or should I just start a new game.
  • Options
    Evelyn and Clifton Pearson have a dog called Sky Person. Where did the 'A' go?