Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Humorous Anecdotes

Comments

• Options
    MadDoctor61MadDoctor61 Posts: 414 Member
    I have a sim with the "Do homework" wish and three others. "Increase Logic Skill" is unpromised. School had let out, but he was at Debate Club. I sent him to the library and cancelled the 'Go Home' task. I can't tell him to do homework, because he did it yesterday and new homework isn't assigned till school finishes (including clubs), so I leave him alone at the library for now. There is a baby at home with the babysitter (family funds equals about 100 [I just built a bunch of stuff] - enough to pay her). I gave all my other Sims things to do, while I waited for him to get to the library. When I cycled back to him, he was just arriving home. She's paid, but I have to call her back and pay her again. I can't afford to. The baby needs attention, so instead of doing homework, he is now on baby duty. I hate when this happens. I send a Sim somewhere, but they also get the "Go Home" task (repeatedly) no matter how many times I cancel it.

It was really annoying one time. A teen sim wanted a boyfriend. She called one right after school and arranged to meet at a park. She went to the park, turned around and went home. By the time she got back to the park, he was gone. She called him back and then she went home again. While all this bouncing around at the park was happening, it became too late to do much when they did finally get together.

Sorry about the griping. I needed to vent.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    My Sim used the Ghost Potion to cross the chasm at the Copper Quarry then over to the single dig site on the small island. I noticed he'd been there a while and the potion was running out of time. I gave him an order to cross the river as soon as he was done digging. I cycled back to him just as he finished, with only a few minutes of ghostliness left. He started drifting towards the river. I was hoping he would revert over the river. I wanted to see what would happen. He might have made it if he hadn't stopped to yawn after digging. The potion ran out just as he reached the edge of the island.

Has anybody else seen anything like that happen, when the ghost potion runs out at an inopportune time?

P.S. edit
    He used Escape Dust to return to Base Camp.
    Post edited by MadDoctor61 on
  • Options
    My mind is boggled this trip to France. I brought 8 Sims along. Keeping track of them was insane. Now I've got a couple fishing and a couple hitting dig sites etc. That simplifies things some. One has the 'Landgraabe Library' adventure and three wishes, visit a museum, practice on a training dummy, practice on a board breaker (he just read the martial arts book). To get him out of the way, I sent him to the museum to use the dummy and breaker there, satisfying all three wishes. Shower in a can, a trip to Landgraabe's estate, and sleep in the sleeping bag keeps him out of the way. The other three are all at the "Forgotten Burial Mound," each exploring a separate section, King’s Burial Ground, Smuggler’s Cavern and Maze of the High Ruler. Going down the back stairs, one Sim opened the door into the Garden Maze. The sim looking for the baseball, just revealed the stairs going down to the Garden Maze. The game lagged as usual, but that area had already been rendered. Why did it lag?
  • Options
    I just farted in real life. My Sim responded negatively to the odour. He's been excavating all day and is in need of a shower. I was so fascinated by the juxtaposition, I had to post it.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    An "Insightful" for the last post. How very interesting. Anyway, I just returned from France and one of my
    Sims didn't make it. I clicked on a computer/NRass/Reset Sim (set as a hot key)/Age/Child/Selected the missing Sim. They showed up on my doorstep. No problem, right? Wrong. Their Inventory was empty. They lost all their books, skill/reading (expensive ones). I was also using them as a repository for things I was keeping. Because children can't buy things from vendors, I would put things in their inventory so I don't sell them by mistake. Things like Perfect Nectar, High Value Relics, the best Dropa Stones. He also had all the Frogs, Snails and Crayfish. I can't make Frog's Legs now. :(

edit:
    Within an hour or getting back, one of my Sims get the Opportunity "Deliver a Book to France".
    Oh well. I guess I can go back to replace all that lost Nectar, frogs etc.
  • Options
    D3xt3r249D3xt3r249 Posts: 12 New Member
    So, in my recent start of a multi-generation playthrough on Roaring Heights, I made my sim, got with Ainsley Andrews but she was already pregnant with one of the Marks brothers child, turns out EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE MARKS BROTHERS are involved in some sort of drama at this point. Story Progression really likes going ham with these guys.
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    I just farted in real life. My Sim responded negatively to the odour. He's been excavating all day and is in need of a shower. I was so fascinated by the juxtaposition, I had to post it.

@MadDoctor61 ^Okay that's hilarious! :joy:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    I've found a way to avoid most of the mourning after a small pet dies. I replace them after a week or so. They live about 2 weeks. It had been quite a while since getting my Chinchilla, and since I try to only keep rare pets, I hadn't seen a new one in a while. I finally found one. One Sim took the old one out of the cage and the other put the new one in. Ta da. No mourning. I then sold the old one. A few Sim hours later, I noticed my Sim still had that Chinchilla in their inventory. I thought I'd deleted that one, so I got rid of it again. Ooops. That wasn't the old one, it was the new one. I realized it the next day when I noticed the Chinchilla cage was empty. They must have taken it out to play with it and didn't put it back. I wish they would put them back. How long will it take me to find another?

edit - Update
    Oh wow. That didn't take long at all. I switched a Sims 'Collection Helper' to Rodents, zoomed out, and zoomed in on the first rodent I saw. It was a Chinchilla. I didn't take any chances. NRass / Debug Enabler / Options: Chinchilla / Debug: Force Capture. I didn't consider that cheating, because I was only replacing what I already had.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    My sim with Level 5 Athletic and Level 3 Martial Arts who is trying to get cursed, just beat up both Mummys in the Rashid Basement (Trapped At Home). He hasn't been practising the Martial Arts until after he finishes this Adventure (Get Scorched, Soaked & Cursed). The Red and Blue Priests beat him into unconsciousness, but didn't curse him. It used to be that the Red Priest always seemed to curse my Sim. He hasn't done so for a while. Now these two both lost. How long is it going to take for him to get cursed. Well on to the Tomb of the Rock.

Update. The Tomb of the Rock didn't get him cursed, but he had a wish to finish a tomb, so he went down the back stairs to complete The Tomb of the Burning Sands. Have you ever noticed that when you satisfy a wish, it, or a sequel shows up right away. As soon as he went downstairs into the Tomb of the Rock, the same wish came up. The Rock doesn't take very long, so it was satisfied quickly, but unsuccessfully. I remembered I also need a photo of a Mummy, but I couldn't get a shot of a Mummy, because the Sarcophagus was behind him. A Sarcophagus photo with a Mummy in front of it doesn't count as "Proof Of Mummification."

I was about to give up but the third Mummy at the Sphinx got the job done. I still don't know how he beat up the other two. My Sims have had their butts kicked when they had both skills maxed out.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Nursery Disaster

I have Six(6) kids in the nursery. One is ready to age up (walking, talking, potty trained, pegbox maxed). I have a mummy that works like crazy looking after the lot (I had to summon the Mummy before getting the kids. My two teens are growing up too. The first just aged up to young-adulthood. The second is due today. The message came up that two sims are ready for graduation. Mistakenly, I clicked yes, forgetting that the second wasn't quit ready (hadn't aged up yet). The Mummy was the only one left at home and was just starting the birthday ritual for the toddler. Ooops, that ceremony was interrupted by the graduation. Due to a routing issue, the Mummy walked half way to City Hall (Mummys walk VERY SLOWLY) before hoping in a cab. Of course he took the toddler about to age up with him. Graduation was delayed until his arrival. By the time it was over, I had a lot of very hungry Sims. I sent them to the Bistro for a celebration dinner (my usual ritual) in two groups. The Mummy, I sent home, with the toddler for a private birthday, finally.

Oh, I started with 'Nursery Disaster'. The toddler to age up today, and the one to age up tomorrow, had just been taken out of the cribs, well rested and not yet hungry. The two toddlers that won't be aging up for a bit had been fed, pottied, and bathed and put to bed, exhausted. They wanted to go to bed earlier, but had to wait for the first two to wake up. The babies are alternating for time in the swing (motive boost turned off) I had them all on rotating sleep schedules so care (and chaos) would be minimized. When the graduation started, the two in the cribs woke up, still with low energy (but too high to go back to sleep).

By the time people are returning home, the nursery is in full chaos. The babysitter was a horror. He took the toddlers out of the cribs and put the babies in. Other than that he did little else. Two toddlers managed to use the pot, over-flowing it. The third one still at home wasn't potty trained yet and made a mess. The babies were hungry and lonely, and screaming. The baby sitter danced around holding his head, panicking. The toddlers were soon hungry, tired, lonely and screaming. I held off bringing anybody home til after the toddler had her birthday, or else they would get caught up in the celebration and birthday cake (remember, they had already eaten) and wouldn't get any nursery duties done anyway. As soon as the kid aged up, I sent people home.

At least I was down to five(5) kids in the nursery. The new child ate cake, hit the bathroom and shower and off to bed. The other five were screaming their heads off. The baby was cleaned up, fed, socialized and put in the swing. I only have two cribs. I put two toddlers in the cribs right away to nap, then saw to making the other two as green as possible. Nobody is getting any sleep til the nursery comes under control, but they still have to be at work in the morning. Oh, only two of them need to be at work in the morning, so they are getting ready for bed. Two others have jobs in the Music Industry and start late, so they can be on child care. The two that just aged up, don't have jobs yet, so they are available also. Too bad all four of them are wiped out and miserable. They don't get things done quickly when their motives are low.

By the time the the two awake toddlers were all cleaned up, fed etc, the two sleeping toddlers were into the green energy wise (not by much). Two Sims who were going to stay up a while, took them out of the cribs to teach them to talk/walk/potty. The other two put the other toddlers in the cribs and headed off the the bathroom and bed. By now, the two going to work in the morning could go to bed. I kept switching off the kids in the cribs with the ones caring for them. Energy bars slowly returning to decent. At least I didn't have to make breakfast, there was lots of cake available.

Edit:
    I forgot this part. Remember I said it was a mistake to accept the graduation ceremony? That's because I had another sim about to age up and ready to graduate. I get to do it all over again the next day. I'm teleporting the Mummy to City Hall before hand. And getting everybody else out of the house beforehand so no toddlers come along.
  • Options
    I hate how long it takes for some things to stop doing something. My two retired Sims were exploring a custom tomb I placed in my home-world. The grand-kids were tired and went to be early last night. Already fed by dawn, I sent them off to the library (right beside the school) to read various books. One Sim pulled out his phone to stream a video. I wanted to watch for the sparkle line from the trigger so I would know what it did. He wouldn't put the phone away. And wouldn't put the phone away. For ages, he wouldn't put the phone away. In Sim time, he had enough time to finish the movie. I was so irate staring at him, I forgot to get the kids to stop reading. Two of the five finished their books and went to school. The other three missed the field trip to the Mausoleum. All because he wouldn't put that STUPID %$#@& phone away. :s
  • Options
    MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 373 Member
    So one of my sims found out his ex-wife was cheating on him and got the betrayed moodlet. He and his ex would eventually remarry with other sims, his ex marrying the sim she cheated on him with. Well, the timer for the betrayed moodlet ran out and a notification popped up saying this sim no longer want to reconcile the relationship and is no longer romantic with the sim that cheated on him. Except he hasn't been romantic with that sim for a while. They both married other sims.

To make it even weirder it happened while he was still working so he ended up leaving in the middle of his job and went straight to where his ex was living to tell her to just be friends all while her husband comes back. The entire I'm thinking these two haven't been in a romantic relationship for days and are in different relationships and yet the game is saying that they have been together until this point.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I hate how long it takes for some things to stop doing something. My two retired Sims were exploring a custom tomb I placed in my home-world. The grand-kids were tired and went to be early last night. Already fed by dawn, I sent them off to the library (right beside the school) to read various books. One Sim pulled out his phone to stream a video. I wanted to watch for the sparkle line from the trigger so I would know what it did. He wouldn't put the phone away. And wouldn't put the phone away. For ages, he wouldn't put the phone away. In Sim time, he had enough time to finish the movie. I was so irate staring at him, I forgot to get the kids to stop reading. Two of the five finished their books and went to school. The other three missed the field trip to the Mausoleum. All because he wouldn't put that STUPID %$#@& phone away. :s

sounds like real life today
  • Options
    It's prom night. Of course that's the day all these extras happen. The child gets their 'Badging' ceremony, and does that right after school. One of the teens was at an after school club and was late getting the the badging ceremony. Her 'After School Rewards Ceremony' was triggered as soon as she finished. I sent her and the rest in as soon as the badging ceremony was finished. The limo is waiting at home to take the two teens to the prom. The two babies adopted from France are at home with the baby-sitter. I'm watching the school for them to come out. Who do I see going in. The baby-sitter. My babies are at home unattended. At least he fed them both before leaving. However, their bladder was bottoming out for both. They are now both in need of a diaper change. They are also lonely. The lone adult of the household was electrocuted a while back trying to repair a broken stereo. The two teens skipped the limo and went straight into prom. The two children are playing with the chemistry set. They can't do anything for the babies, so why send them home. The two babies are at home miserable with nobody to look after them.
  • Options
    My Sim has spent days trying to get close to a wild horse in order to adopt it. She's almost up to Best Friend. I've been wondering why I haven't been able to adopt yet. I just did some research and found that she needs Riding Skill up to Level 8. I thought she and the horse could learn together. I guess not. When I returned to the game (after researching), the Grim Reaper showed up to take the horse. Now, after reading the books, she's going to have to start all over again with a new horse.
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited April 2022
    My sim has been having a rough few days. Teen Annie lives in Isle of Sims III with her cat, Hairball, and her dog, Cookie. She makes her living from her garden, and since it's a tropical island, she can garden all year round. Thanks to NRaas mods, there are two seasons of two weeks each, with all holidays, and the weather during the spring only slightly cooler than summer, and no school in the summer. During the summer, she spent most of her time on her garden, but she’s letting it die off now that school has started.

Now that she has to spend much of her day in school, things have gotten complicated, and much more so than I expected. Mornings are fine, but on Monday after school, she went for a one hour jog, then tended to her garden before showering. She got a notification that there would be prom on Thursday night, so she went off to find Charlie, a boy who has shown an interest in her and even called her for a date, during which he proved his interest by asking her to watch the stars.

Charlie was way on the other side of the map, in an area where Annie had to run most of the way to reach him. I had her chat with him a little, then start romantic interactions until she could ask him to go steady, then ask him to the prom. He happily accepted, so she kissed him good-bye and ran back home.

By then it was getting late, and she had very little time before bed for homework, so I decided she’d be better off getting some sleep and working on it at school the next morning. Unfortunately, I’d forgotten about the field trip that day, so she wasn’t able to finish it. Oops!

After school on Tuesday, she had quite a bit of work in her garden, because all of the UL herbs needed to be harvested, and a lot of plants need to be disposed of. When she finished, she had to give Cookie a flea bath. Then she took a shower, but the shower broke, so she had to repair it and mop up the puddle.

She wanted to write Charlie a love letter, so she did that, then grabbed some leftovers from the fridge and put her plate on the table. Unfortunately, before she could sit down to eat, Hairball jumped up on the table, and now he was covered in fleas. Who wants to eat with fleas jumping all over the table? So she took Hairball to the bathtub and gave him a flea bath. She finally ate, but it was already late, and she only got 3% of her homework done before she was sleepy and needed to go to bed. So she put it off for the next morning again.

Shortly before 1 AM, a burglar showed up on her lot. She promptly got out of bed and went downstairs and out the door, and beat him up.

OtmeLZu.jpg

TlVIDYO.jpg

Then, as a police officer had arrived, she headed back inside to go back to bed. But the burglar then beat up the police officer.

o9AOoyq.jpg

So Annie reversed course, went back outside, and beat the burglar up again.

X6o827W.jpg

X8FOJ7H.jpg

P4RIhcS.jpg

As the police officer handcuffed him and Annie went back inside, a message popped up that said, “Trenton (the burglar) is very angry with Annie.” No kidding! She isn’t exactly happy with you either, pal! At least she was awarded $500 for apprehending the burglar. That helped.

Thankfully, she managed to finish her late homework at school before noon, and with a smaller garden and no disruptions to her Wednesday afternoon and evening, she managed to finish that day’s homework with about ½ hour to spare before going to bed, even after having taken some time earlier to talk to Charlie on the phone. Hopefully, for her sake, the rest of the week will be uneventful, other than the prom, of course. But at least there’s no risk of her becoming romantically involved with some undesirable guy at prom.
  • Options
    Prom night arrived. Charlie showed up to go with Annie, and she greeted him with a kiss before getting into the limo. But Charlie was stuck and couldn't get into the limo, so it finally left without him. This is not the first time that has happened to one of my teen sims who had a date for prom. Thankfully, the game still considers the date as being with the active teen at the prom, so Charlie is in her prom picture, their relationship level reached 100%, and all of the event notifications included him. They were all positive for once, too. Nobody tried to flirt with either Annie or Charlie or got jealous or insulting, so neither of them had to beat anybody up. Charlie stayed by Annie's side, plied her with punch all night, made sure she was having a good time, and ended the evening by declaring his undying love for her. That isn't exactly what the notification said, but I like my version better. LOL! Charlie is definitely a keeper.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    I just had a similar 'odd' prom situation. Isaac just upped his gardening to 5 and started planting all those collected Uncommon Seeds. He needed a shower after finishing. The limo showed up while he was still planting and Chantel was brushing the colt. She finished, and climbed into the limo. The limo left, just as Isaac planted the last seed. As he was climbing out of the shower, the message came up that he had just asked her to go steady. How??? He hasn't gotten to the prom yet. :D He just arrived at 18:58, almost an hour late.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    I hate how long it takes for some things to stop doing something. . . .

My Sim drops by the lake to catch the Green Will-O'-The-Wisp. After he caught that, and picked up some other stuff, a pink one appeared. Since his queue to pick up stuff just emptied, he pulled out his phone to watch a movie. He wouldn't put it down . . . and wouldn't put it down . . . and wouldn't put it down . . . (you see where I'm going AND I bet you know what happened) . . . and wouldn't put it down. He finally put it away and went for the Pink Will-O'-The-Wisp. Just before he got to it, it disappeared. I thought he caught it for a moment. He was reaching out for it. But that's as close as he got.

• Options
    edited May 2022
    I just got this message . . . "Jeanine Neal wants to know if your Sim's child would like to play with her child. Should they come over?" Well, my child and her child were together at her place a while ago, making friends and having pillow fights (Very fast friend building if you stop it before somebody gets ticked off). Then they went to the park together to play Frisbee and are now playing hop-scotch. They are already playing together. How should I answer this. :smirk: I don't want to reply "No" and split them up. I like the kid's traits. He may marry her someday.

Edit: I misspelled 'Like' and it was replaced with a bunch of sad emojis.
  • Options
    @MadDoctor61 I don't think answering no would have split up the children playing at the park, but answering yes might have. They always ask to come over, which I've always assumed meant they would come to my sims' house, even when my sims weren't there. If my assumption is correct, saying yes would mean the child would leave your child and go with his mother to your sms' house. But I don't remember ever testing out that theory. They might just come to wherever your sims are.

So what did you do? And how did it turn out?
  • Options
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    So what did you do? And how did it turn out?

I used the period and the smirk on purpose to indicate a humorous moot question that wasn't expecting an answer, but yours gives me pause. I just answered 'No', but now I wish I had answered 'Yes" so I could give you (and now myself) the answer. If I remember (and with my memory I probably won't) when it happens again, I'll choose 'Yes' and post what happens. If she did leave him, he could go home and ask for a sleepover.

• Options
    edited May 2022
    I don't know if this fits under Humorous Anecdotes or not, but it was weird. There was one Sim standing in front of the Dog Park. I couldn't interact with her. I couldn't reset her. I couldn't even delete her. She didn't move. She was like a statue. For three days now, my kids get the message about a field trip. The field trip never happens, but they get another one at the end of the day, which doesn't happen. I gave up, saved and exited, restarted the computer and reloaded the game. I was expecting the statue like Sim to be gone but she was still there, but at least she seemed to be active. All my Sims were at work/school, so nobody came to talk to her. Half an hour later she was still there, so I reset her. I also noticed a bunch of kids going to school between 10:30 and 11:00. They must have been stuck somewhere, somehow that didn't set of NRass 'Overwatch' (I think that's the one the sends messages about stuck Sims). I wonder what else was going wrong before I restarted.

Edit: I have no idea if this is related or not, but, since restarting, one of the town toddlers has learned to talk and walk. This is something I have never seen before. I get a message akin to "John Doe has increased their Learn To Talk to level 1". I regularly get messages that other sims have increased their skills, but never toddlers. I wish I'd saved the comment for a proper reference.
  • Options
    movefan89movefan89 Posts: 60 Member
    My male sim (name slips me) was snorkelling in the ocean. When I told him to get a piece of apple pie he swam in the houseboat like a ghost, picked up the piece and swam to the chair. It was strange but funny to me
  • Options
    paladinx333paladinx333 Posts: 11 New Member
    One of my sims had Claire Ursine come over for a ranked chess match. She brought over her baby. Before she came inside she set her baby down RIGHT NEXT TO THE ROAD! The baby remained there the whole time they played chess. At least she remembered to pick the child up before she left the lot.