Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snowy Escape Positive Thoughts Thread ๐Ÿ”๏ธโ„๏ธโ›ท๏ธ๐Ÿ‚๐ŸŽฟ

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,386 Member

That cake looks nice, glad to hear it's also delicious. I made a cake the other week and it was inedible though it looked good. :lol:
  • Options
    caliposscaliposs Posts: 320 Member
    edited November 2020
    I just preordered Snowy Escape. With the Livestream and all the GCs videos I couldn't wait anymore hehe So excited! :smiley:
    he/him
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited November 2020
    Just out of curiosity: do we have anything left to look forward to in terms of announcements? I guess not with all the gamechanger vids being out, but just wondering. Although it's always nice to get the stream fast, I feel like we got soooo much time left till the actual release.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    not really nine days isn't to bad @SimTrippy and we will get the update before that
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I can't wait for that update. Will be going platform wild ๐Ÿ˜†
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,466 Member
    Iโ€™m insanely excited about that one too! I loved the stairs update last year, but customizable platforms brings this whole thing to an entirely new level.
    Terrible pun completely and utterly intended.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member

I can't wait for the update either, but mostly because I want to test out the sentiments!
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I have come to realize that I have completely reversed opinion on holiday lots:
    Thanks to this update I will be able to both eat the cake (move to the new world) AND live in my favorite world (Sulani) by creating a rental lot on Key Point in Sulani and have my Sim couple rent it for 14 days straight every winter.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

I am looking forward to the new EP so so much! My main family has a toddler now so I think that they will work to get a vacation over there.

Planning on buying the EP as soon as I know how the game is doing after it hits. I am really happy with my game, have a ton of stuff to explore and stories to play. Before I patch and update everything I just want to know that MCCC is working and that some of my fave-CC is going to make the patch. Otherwise I will wait a bit until it is updated and buying the EP after that.

I like planning and dreaming. Think that the second generation in my save might be an active one and then Mt Komorebi will be perfect. It is nice to have something to look forward too.
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member

Sounds like it will be a lovely proposal! Will it be on top of the mountain?

It would be a great spot, but since they'd have to climb there it's not for this couple.
    They are both fit and will snowboard and ski but not mountain climb, I'll find a different spot or make one :)
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member

I can't wait for the update either, but mostly because I want to test out the sentiments!

That's a good idea. I could rotate around a few households in a spare save and see how they work in a rotation game before the pack drops.
  • Options
    Thanks to this update I will be able to both eat the cake (move to the new world) AND live in my favorite world (Sulani) by creating a rental lot on Key Point in Sulani and have my Sim couple rent it for 14 days straight every winter.

Yes it's honestly one of the best additions we've had in a LONG time. Still don't see what the holdup was but here we are. Finally :joy:
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

Yes it's honestly one of the best additions we've had in a LONG time. Still don't see what the holdup was but here we are. Finally :joy:

I hope they see how many people are disappointed that current vacation worlds remain so and work on allowing us to live in Granite Falls and Salvadorada. It kills me to have two wasted worlds that my off the grid sims would love.
  • Options

I hope they see how many people are disappointed that current vacation worlds remain so and work on allowing us to live in Granite Falls and Salvadorada. It kills me to have two wasted worlds that my off the grid sims would love.

That would be cool yes, especially because both these worlds are actually really pretty! And I don't love vacationing that much there, because you're just so cut-off from everything. I'm super excited that sims will now vacation where my other sims just live. It makes for a much more immersive experience.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,450 Member

Yes! Selvadorada is one of my favorite places and I just want some permanent households there. I love that jungle. <3
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    [/quote] I hope they see how many people are disappointed that current vacation worlds remain so and work on allowing us to live in Granite Falls and Salvadorada. It kills me to have two wasted worlds that my off the grid sims would love.[/quote]

I hope so too! I would love to live in the middle of nowhere like in Granite Falls or in the jungles of Salvadorada!
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited November 2020
    I was hoping for cabins and hotels in this pack when it was talked about for the last year, but I can't say I'm disappointed this time. I'm actually happy with it. For the first time in a while, we have a pack that makes me want to say, "What am I going to do?". I like many things about it even though I don't ski. What sticks out to me and for my type of gameplay?
    1. new harvestables- haven't exactly seen it, but I think we're getting a couple. <3
    2. Koi fish and making the ponds
    3. heater <3
    4. fireplace
    5. japanese painting of building
    6. fence seen in park
    7. Onsen
    8. new tent
    9. world that looks full and sims can go many places in
    10. Shoji doors <3 , Tatami mats <3 , pink plant, window screens <3 , new tent, glove rack
    11. bamboo forests <3
    12. more snow experiences
    13. train finally being used in some way
    14. female hairs
    15. toddler/child play
    16. pink/white face stool
    17. not sure what the graveyard is about, but hope it opens up the ones for the other worlds <3
    18. more vending machines <3
    19. tea cabinet

There are small things I wish they had included:
    1. Toddlers getting ouchies from the heater <3
    2. the <3old style female Japanese hair updo
    3. Large standing Japanese screens(why wasn't this added as they are already in game and it would've been so pretty)
    4. Japanese toys/dolls(real looking baby dolls) for toddlers & kids
    5. bamboo as a plantable if it isn't
    6. picture taken going up the hill and kiosk to buy it at

• Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,784 Member
    edited November 2020
    James Turner's video on split levels is helpful and I got some good ideas when he showed a build he did about 10 minutes and 36 seconds into the 13 minute long video. The build looked great which included a sunken kitchen--I like that.

This is a useful tool coming to the game along with some great build items for Snowy Escape.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9DrRxah_I0
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I was hoping for cabins and hotels in this pack when it was talked about for the last year, but I can't say I'm disappointed this time. I'm actually happy with it. For the first time in a while, we have a pack that makes me want to say, "What am I going to do?". I like many things about it even though I don't ski. What sticks out to me and for my type of gameplay?
    1. new harvestables- haven't exactly seen it, but I think we're getting a couple. <3
    2. Koi fish and making the ponds
    3. heater <3
    4. fireplace
    5. japanese painting of building
    6. fence seen in park
    7. Onsen
    8. new tent
    9. world that looks full and sims can go many places in
    10. Shoji doors <3 , Tatami mats <3 , pink plant, window screens <3 , new tent, glove rack
    11. bamboo forests <3
    12. more snow experiences
    13. train finally being used in some way
    14. female hairs
    15. toddler/child play
    16. pink/white face stool
    17. not sure what the graveyard is about, but hope it opens up the ones for the other worlds <3
    18. more vending machines <3
    19. tea cabinet

There are small things I wish they had included:
    1. Toddlers getting ouchies from the heater <3
    2. the <3old style female Japanese hair updo
    3. Large standing Japanese screens(why wasn't this added as they are already in game and it would've been so pretty)
    4. Japanese toys/dolls(real looking baby dolls) for toddlers & kids
    5. bamboo as a plantable if it isn't
    6. picture taken going up the hill and kiosk to buy it at

I can see way they didn't do that with the heater people would have been afraid to use them
    they can still add more japan stuff later on I feel like there saving tea set an England pack
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    BuildingTheSimsBuildingTheSims Posts: 92 Member
    Do you think these foods might be tied to the table instead of individually prepared?

Im so excited about the FOOOOD! I really care what my sims eat , because i live vicariously throught them :)<3
  • Options
    I really like the shower tiles. They are soo cute!!!
    sht.png

The BB is sooo good! <3
  • Options
    here are some of the little details i noticed in the trailer omg

school uniforms on the background

screen1.jpg

a light up snow board

TS4_EP10_REVEAL_INGAME_EN-US-156.jpg

new tents!

TS4_EP10_REVEAL_INGAME_EN-US-210.jpg

there are slots inside the counters! also, that bonsai is cute!

TS4_EP10_REVEAL_INGAME_EN-US-386.jpg

ice structures! i forgot what they called omg

TS4_EP10_REVEAL_INGAME_EN-US-420.jpg

new death? omg

TS4_EP10_REVEAL_INGAME_EN-US-440.jpg

OMG BYE! IM SO EXCITED

Im choosing to take the uniforms as a hint . Snowy Escape was hinted at a little too :)
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    c65d9313c03e954ce883705826a17950033f46ea.png

There! Now I have my girl ready for the new EP. Part of prepping is getting a sim ready, have you guys got a sim waiting to play with? :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top