Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snowy Escape Positive Thoughts Thread 🏔️❄️⛷️🏂🎿

Comments

• Options
    HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    I wonder if Sims can boil to death in the hot springs? Maybe if you put one near the Sulani volcano? It should be a Thing. >:)
    Ooh, like in that disaster movie with Pierce Brosnan, which I cannot remember the name of as it's quite old now. Someone boiled to death in a hot spring in that and it had a volcano erupting.

Dante's Peak!

Yes!! It's full of inspiration! I love natural disaster films, which I'm sure surprises no one. 😁

I suggest Dead Mountaineer's Hotel book for inspo as well. While speculating for the pack I saw people were telling that murder mystery pack will actually be cool. So they definitely can grab some ideas there... At least I'm absolutely going to try something similar )
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,480 Member
    Harukotyan wrote: »
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    I wonder if Sims can boil to death in the hot springs? Maybe if you put one near the Sulani volcano? It should be a Thing. >:)
    Ooh, like in that disaster movie with Pierce Brosnan, which I cannot remember the name of as it's quite old now. Someone boiled to death in a hot spring in that and it had a volcano erupting.

Dante's Peak!

Yes!! It's full of inspiration! I love natural disaster films, which I'm sure surprises no one. 😁

I suggest Dead Mountaineer's Hotel book for inspo as well. While speculating for the pack I saw people were telling that murder mystery pack will actually be cool. So they definitely can grab some ideas there... At least I'm absolutely going to try something similar )

Cool! Thanks for the recommendation! :smile:
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    here are some of the little details i noticed in the trailer omg

school uniforms on the background

screen1.jpg

a light up snow board

TS4_EP10_REVEAL_INGAME_EN-US-156.jpg

new tents!

TS4_EP10_REVEAL_INGAME_EN-US-210.jpg

there are slots inside the counters! also, that bonsai is cute!

TS4_EP10_REVEAL_INGAME_EN-US-386.jpg

ice structures! i forgot what they called omg

TS4_EP10_REVEAL_INGAME_EN-US-420.jpg

new death? omg

TS4_EP10_REVEAL_INGAME_EN-US-440.jpg

OMG BYE! IM SO EXCITED

y'all got bread?
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,490 Member
    I would have thought your 'natural man' scoundrel would have been a natural skier 😉

Haha. Nah...he'd be more of a Jet Juice, Yub Nub in the Hotspring kinda guy... ;)
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,569 Member
    Please let's keep any discussion respectful.

I guess in that case I better keep quiet on that topic.

But onto positive thoughts, I remember seeing what is possibly a small room heater in the trailer - hoping it's functional- and wouldn't it be great if they also updated the deco radiators to provide heat.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

I guess in that case I better keep quiet on that topic.

But onto positive thoughts, I remember seeing what is possibly a small room heater in the trailer - hoping it's functional- and wouldn't it be great if they also updated the deco radiators to provide heat.

I knowwwwwww I'm more excited than I should be for that space heater 😂
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited October 2020

It's the smart thing to do. Those symbols and customs tend to play a lot differently in places with a history of occupation. Good call on squashing it quickly. Now people can go back to being excited about all the good stuff this pack is bringing.
  • Options

Absolutely! Those radiators are just sitting in our sim’s room...being cold ‘n all.

They don’t feel inclusive at all.

They feel useless...

Poor little radiators. 😔

• Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,056 Member

Absolutely! Those radiators are just sitting in our sim’s room...being cold ‘n all.

They feel useless...

Poor little radiators. 😔

So you are saying radiators have emotions now? :smiley:
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,480 Member

They feel useless...

Poor little radiators. 😔

Hey now. I fully support a radiator's right to emote.
    #Team Occult
  • Options

I can’t believe you’re even asking this...😢

Hey now. I fully support a radiator's right to emote.

Indeed! It’s their basic right! They need love and above all, warmth.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,056 Member
    Okay okay.. @LiELF and @CAPTAIN_NXR7 , fine, I will give my own radiator a hug when I go to sleep :D Happy now? :D
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    Do we think instead of bowing in front of the shrines they will do more than just viewing them? It would be good if there was a way of interacting with it still.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,569 Member
    Okay okay.. @LiELF and @CAPTAIN_NXR7 , fine, I will give my own radiator a hug when I go to sleep :D Happy now? :D
    I do hope you tuck your radiator up with a warm blanket each night... *looks around guiltily and removes wet towel from own radiator*....
  • Options

It the least you can do. 🥺
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Radiator love just warms your heart. <3
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,578 Member
    I feel like they need to add a feature that let's us name our radiator right now.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,785 Member

DrGluon is so refreshing. This is the 2nd time he's done a Sims 4 reaction video. I just love the way he enjoys playing the Sims 4 and his excitement for the game. I'm so putting that bunny hat on one of my kids. All the radiator post had me cracking up hard. lol

DrGluon thoroughly enjoying the trailer.
    DrGluon.jpg
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,034 Member
    At the very

At the very least, we should be able to make out with them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUJTgvfD3Ew
    ugMcxZk.jpeg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    At the very

At the very least, we should be able to make out with them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUJTgvfD3Ew

lol
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    I'm more excited about this pack than the one I wanted the most which was Uni.

I'm most excited for sentiments and lifestyles but other than that I think mountain climbing would be so much fun.

I've been rock climbing and although repelling down is scary to me, it was fun overall.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Years ago there was one of those decorator house shows where several different decorators make the rooms all fancy. The decorator that got the Study did a great job but the one thing that stood out to me was there were three radiators in the room, one under each window. The first and second one had been painted white and a sheep's skin of wool was laid over it. The third was painted gray with a wolf skin over it as if it were stalking the other two. What a great visual that was. :D
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    trying to keep up with all these happy thread is kind of hard so many people are happy about this pack even the complaining threads aren't that bad :)
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    i genuinely haven’t been this excited for a pack since island living, and unlike the disappointment that turned out to be, i really think this one could be amazing!

also, for the people saying this should have been a part of seasons: we’ve spent the last few packs criticising the sims team for including too many different concepts in expansion packs without really delving into any of those concepts, creating weak, shallow packs that people grow bored of within days or weeks. if they’d tried to cram this into seasons, the things that already were included in seasons would have turned out a lot worse and a lot more shallow, and none of the things they’re delivering in this pack would have been well-executed either. seasons was an amazing EP, and this looks like it will be too—and I’d rather pay 80 bucks for two amazing EPs than 40 for one terrible one.
    y'all got bread?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top