Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snowy Escape Positive Thoughts Thread 🏔️❄️⛷️🏂🎿

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Can I just say I love this kitchen.

OutZaIq.png

I‘d be great if the jars in the cupboard weren’t just decorative items. I really want to ferment food in the game.

I love that cupboard. To me it look like a tea storage cupboard, with tins of tea. Don't know if it's decorative only or we can collect different varieties of tea and store it in the cupboard. Either way, I think it would look lovely in a herbalist shop.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I so love the new Winter World & how they brought back some of the things that was fun in Sims 3.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I plan on adding the mine entrance to the Forgotten Grotto where my Yeti sim will live and try to scare snowbunnies off of his mountain. You might also catch a glimpse of him shredding the slopes before he disappears.
    I like this idea lol

Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Can I just say I love this kitchen.

OutZaIq.png

I‘d be great if the jars in the cupboard weren’t just decorative items. I really want to ferment food in the game.

I love that cupboard. To me it look like a tea storage cupboard, with tins of tea. Don't know if it's decorative only or we can collect different varieties of tea and store it in the cupboard. Either way, I think it would look lovely in a herbalist shop.

That's a great idea. I'll be updating my spa shop where I sell some of the Outdoor Retreat potions. I'm eager to see what other decorative items might be suitable.
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    Finally eternal snow! A cold world!

I'm definitely revisiting my Father Winter's children sims and having them live their lives in the snow cap.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Anyone planning on building Santa's workshop at the top of the mountain?
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I’ve re-watched this trailer so many times and the little boy is the cutest kid. I hope the family comes with the game. I’m very intrigued to see if a bathhouse is similar to what they were in the uk many, many years ago. When I think of bath houses I think of the Roman ones in Bath or the Victorian ones in Harrogate. Both are like the size of a swimming pool but to relax and bathe in.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I wonder if Sims can boil to death in the hot springs? Maybe if you put one near the Sulani volcano? It should be a Thing. >:)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Anyone planning on building Santa's workshop at the top of the mountain?

I was thinking of building one in the hermit's house in Outdoor Retreat. The hermit is not there during the winter.
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @LiELF

Only you could think up such a thing lol I love the sulani volcano idea :)
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    I wonder if Sims can boil to death in the hot springs? Maybe if you put one near the Sulani volcano? It should be a Thing. >:)
    Ooh, like in that disaster movie with Pierce Brosnan, which I cannot remember the name of as it's quite old now. Someone boiled to death in a hot spring in that and it had a volcano erupting.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I think the snowboarding looks way more awesome than just the halfpipe we had in past games. :) Might be fun to play a clumsy Sim just for all the potential fails. :D

I think it does too! The only thing that would make it better was if we actually controlled our sim (as in the speed and maneuvering them around obstacles) then it would be hilarious when we crashed and burned.
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Ooh, like in that disaster movie with Pierce Brosnan, which I cannot remember the name of as it's quite old now. Someone boiled to death in a hot spring in that and it had a volcano erupting.

Dante's Peak!
  • Options
    @GracieO312 ah, yes, indeed!
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    If you make your lot with a hot springs on it a Volcanic Activity lot, will that cause enough mayhem? >:)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member

Lol, I'm on my phone and couldn't see the avatar when I read this comment but somehow I knew it was you. 😄
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member

Yes. Yeeeees. That would be a welcome addition to the terrible ways to die. We can freeze them, burn them, zap them, give them death bouqets, but boiling them alive is novel.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    logion wrote: »
    To get the negative out of the way, I am not crazy about snow. This is why I didn't comment on this pack until I saw the trailer. And I have to admit, there is a lot to like. I took a few screen grabs of the stuff I will enjoy in my game.

d7X1bZL.jpg

I love the style of the furniture - especially the new kitchen - and the world looks very promising.
    This looks like a very solid pack to me that I am definitely looking forward to.

My negative is the fake Tik Tok pictures they did in the trailer, we can't do that in the sims unless you use Pose Player.

I love the style, especially that screenshot on the upper right, that looks so good.

And oh my god, they have a hot pot.

It's possible we can if they put the coding into this pack regarding Simstagram.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    the pack looks so fun
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    edited October 2020
    Does anyone else remember the very short lived bug when IL came out that showed rental as an option when you went into build mode? I wonder if that means they have been working on making rental available in all worlds and finally cracked it for SE. I think I will be disappointed if its just the new world that has them and we can't use them in other residentials.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »

Dante's Peak!

Yes!! It's full of inspiration! I love natural disaster films, which I'm sure surprises no one. 😁
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »

Dante's Peak!

Yes!! It's full of inspiration! I love natural disaster films, which I'm sure surprises no one. 😁

I do too! I really want to watch Twister again as I haven’t seen that since I was a kid
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    @Lief @GracieO312 I do too! Ever see Frozen (2010)? Stuck up in the cable car above the snow...

Just right for Snowy Escape haha.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member

I love looking @GracieO312 sims.

I chuckled at sims boiling to death. Poor sims lolol Reminds me of back in the day when my husband tried to give sims a chance but that he’d actually play if they had guns and other weapons. smh lol

Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    Hope the new trailer comes out on Tuesday, only 4 days away! Then the livestream is only a few days after that! Do we think the embargo will lift the week before or a few days before? Didn’t it lift a bit earlier last time?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top