Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FireflyGamer107 / coolsim9999999 --- Monthly Building Challenge

Comments

• Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,101 Member
    edited October 2020
    B) I'll stream yours next time @JojoMOMSTER, but I'll still give you a Maxis nomination! B)
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    The log cabin challenge is closed for Maxis fave nomination.

I will nominate everyone for a Maxis fave tomorrow B)!

Everyone had such creative builds <3!
    Thank you very much for doing my challenge, everyone B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,966 Member
    edited October 2020
    Entry Form
    Forum ID:Jojo MOMSTER
    Origin ID: jojoMOMSTER
    Gallery Name of Lot:Farmer inthe Dell(Sol V.)
    Gallery Link: link to build link to household
    Original name of lot and town of the lot used:Vacuous Green, Del Sol Valley
    Building tip feedback wanted? sure!
    Creative notes about your build: bunnies and frogs included
    Back Story:Skye Farmer loves movies, celebrity movie stars, and red carpet premieres. He was a renown movie critic, now he is the farmer in the Del Sol Valley. Since they have had the twins, his priorities have shifted. Skye's wife Delainey is a scientist, she works until 7 o'clock each evening. Skye would rather be home when the kids get home from school than be at work worrying about them. He completely changed his life from chasing after famous stars to digging in dirt to feed his family. When he runs across people he used to know they hardly believe he is the same SIM. He just shrugs and says: Well, now I'm the farmer in the Dell, the Del Sol Valley. Bobby is a sweet little boy who loves animals, especially frogs. Bailey is a good girl who is happiest doing whatever the family is doing.

Please Include:
    one street view photo
    wvcv8EZ.png

A bird’s eye view of each floor of your build.
    IbtaZHR.png
    T5tHeUe.png
    4NpFszc.png
    swFuE7I.png

3 to 5 additional screenshots of your build
    H4DUMfg.png
    7oaXr5U.png
    m8QPYJB.png
    uw98xUm.png
    5eEXV6c.png
    MQ9RnwE.png

slideshow

Hi @coolsim9999999 thank you for being so patient and generous with this
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited October 2020
    Farmer inthe Dell(Sol V.) is a lovely family cabin farmhouse! @JojoMOMSTER :) The background details about the family is very nice and written in a lovely way.
    Very lovely exterior design of the home! :) The wood texture walls is very nice. It is great that there is market stall for selling vegetables . Very nice red barn greenhouse! Sims will enjoy growing and harvesting plants there, and enjoy watching movies in the upper level home cinema area. It is great there is double garage! Kids will have fun playing on the swings,monkey bars and with the toys in the sand pit. The pumpkin patch area is very nice! Very lovely furnishing of the interior! The layout is very nice, and wood texture of furnishings is calming
    It is a very nice family log cabin :)
  • Options
    I love your house, @JojoMOMSTER :)! I will write more later :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    Hi Everyone,

My shoulder hurts more than usual today. So, I will nominate everyone for a Maxis fave tomorrow, instead B)! Thanks for understanding :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    I am sorry that your shoulder is hurting more today @coolsim9999999 :( I hope that the soreness will ease a little bit for you overnight. I send hugs to you <3
  • Options
    Thank you very much @rosemow and for the hugs! Hugs back!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    I just nominated everyone for a Maxis fave B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    liel88liel88 Posts: 631 Member
    This looks like a fun challenge! Will there be a new one? <3
    gZJwNIt.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Hi @liel88 ! Thanks! I'll post a new challenge after my sprained wrist heals and my doctor says I can do stuff again. <3
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    nali272nali272 Posts: 432 Member
    @coolsim9999999 , hope all is well, will you be resuming your challenge?
    Try my challenge - make these builds better. (star the page for notifications)
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Hi @nali272--- I will be resuming my challenge B), but I'm not sure when because I'm still trying to locate a shoulder doctor to check out my shoulder pain. Thanks for checking in! :) I will let you guys know when I'm going to post a new challenge! :)
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    Sorry to hear you are still having issues. I will continue to watch for notifications.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • Options
    Thanks so much @nali272 :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Build Challenge Changes:

March room challenge:
    Construct a Saint Patrick's Day room to have a great Saint Patrick's Day party for all ages --- including 2 parents and 2 or 3 kids! So, we need at least 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, this time.

There will be a theme for each challenge like before.

However, now, each participant will make a room.

From a house shell (please use the hashtag for that month which someone will make each month, please choose a room to create from that house shell. Feel free to add landscape and put activities in the yard of the house shell. For the house shell --- any size lot is fine. I was thinking of using a larger lot like a 50X50 lot. Make sure to give yourself credit for creating the house shell with a hashtag . The main areas of the house and outside landscaping/anything outside that isn’t a room could be a collab and will also be in the stream. This month, @JojoMOMSTER volunteered to create the shell, but anyone in this challenge may add to the main areas.

Then, everyone, please upload your rooms to the gallery with the hashtag: #fireflystpatsday.
    Room types:
    Kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, living room, dining room, study, kids room, outdoor room --- or other type of room --- as long as we get each of the rooms above in the build. Of course, we may not always need a kids’ room. Also, I'll let you know how many of each room we need for the challenge.

Please tell me which room you want to do by Friday, March 12.
    I will keep track of which room types are left.

The hashtag for the whole challenge this month:
    #fireflystpatsday so please use that hashtag too so I can find everything .

On stream,
    I’ll tour the house.

However,
    I’ll nominate each room in the challenge for a Maxis fave. I’ll also be able to tell who did which room in the finished house.

I really want to have challenges again, and I know everyone wants this challenge to start up again!

I'll post it in announcements on discord, on my Twitter and on the TS4 forum!

Hashtag: #fireflystpatsday

Deadline Sunday, March 28, 2021 by 11:59 p.m. EST
    Tours on my Twitch stream: Tuesday, March 30 from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m
    Any budget, lot type and packs.
    No Custom Content (no cc) allowed.
    You may use cheats to build or for your Sims to play test your build more efficiently.
    Hashtag:

In addition, please post your rooms to the gallery using the hashtag. That way, I can easily nominate everyone for a Maxis fave!

Entry Form
    Forum ID:
    Origin ID:
    Gallery Name of Room:
    Gallery Link:
    Building tip feedback wanted?
    Creative notes about your room:
    Back Story:
    Please Include:
    one screenshot showing most of the room
    A bird’s eye view of the room
    3 to 5 additional screenshots of your room

I’m really looking forward to seeing everyone’s rooms :)!

Coolsim
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Can someone make a shell and then we can do a rooms? Might be easier than slamming things together at the end. I would make a shell and upload each empty rom as well as the whole thing if you would like.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Can someone make a shell and then we can do a rooms? Might be easier than slamming things together at the end. I would make a shell and upload each empty rom as well as the whole thing if you would like.
    Hi @JojoMOMSTER --- That sounds like a great idea! Thank you so very much for offering to make a house shell <3! It would be great if you made a shell --- any size lot is fine. I was thinking of using a larger lot like a 50X50 lot. Make sure to give yourself credit for creating the house shell with a hashtag :).

"Theme: Saint Patrick's Day Home to have a great Saint Patrick's Day party for all ages --- including 2 parents and 2 or 3 kids! So, we need at least 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, this time."

PS. The hashtag for the whole challenge this month is #fireflystpatsday, so please use that hashtag too so I can find everything B).
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    I will definitely make a room! I think this is a great idea, I have always wanted to do a collab anyway and this is a great way to start that! I can make a bedroom or living room whichever is left over, or I can help with anything really, all I do is go to work and play the sims so I have plenty of free time lol

Also, I'm glad your shoulder is starting to feel better!!
  • Options

So how would this work? We pick a room from the shell and only do that room and upload (just the room or the whole shell) to the gallery? Then in the end someone will put it all together?
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Sorry for the confusion. The reason I set it up so that everyone builds a room within the house is because of my shoulder, I can’t stream full lots that everyone built because it will be too much for my shoulder. That way, there’s one house, but everyone can still build a room and get a Maxis fave nomination.

Please tell me which room you want to do by March 9.
    Deadline: Sunday, March 28 by 11:59 p.m. EST
    Tour on Stream: Tuesday, March 30 from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m
    The hashtag for the whole challenge this month is #fireflystpatsday, so please use that hashtag too so I can find everything B).
    The hashtag for the whole challenge this month is #fireflystpatsday so please use that hashtag too so I can find everything B).

Theme:
    Saint Patrick's Day Home to have a great Saint Patrick's Day party for all ages --- including 2 parents and 4 kids! So, we need at least 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, this time.

This challenge isn't completely a collab because then none of you would be able to get a Maxis fave. I wanted to stream the house, and talk about everyone’s rooms. However, I can nominate all participants for their rooms for Maxis faves.

The main areas of the house and outside landscaping/anything outside that isn’t a room could be a collab and will also be in the stream. @JojoMOMSTER volunteered to create the shell, but anyone in this challenge may add to the main areas.

@Clousinators
    I’m glad you want to make a room! You may make a bedroom or living room. Just let me know which one you prefer. No one else has selected a room type, yet. If you want to add to the house’s main areas, after JoJo uploads the shell, then you could add anything that’s not part of a room.
    Thank you very much for your nice message about my shoulder!

@nali272 --- Yes, please select a room from the shell, and I will keep track of which room types are left.
    Please just upload your room to the gallery. You could also add to the main areas of the house and yard. So, Jojo will get credit for building the shell for my challenge, and anyone who helps with the main areas of the house that aren’t rooms will get credit in hashtag form/ and of course, I’ll mention what everyone did on my stream. Of course, I’ll also say whose room is which!

Thanks again,

Coolsim :)
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    edited March 2021
    See the updated brief above on this page and on P.1 of this challenge thread. :)
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Hi coolsim,

Here is the shell for the St. Patty's Day Party

2k7WVt4.png

I have numbered each of the rooms with numerals from SurfChicCreation to make it easier (please remove)

VvQwNVN.png

Rooms that have a room inside have been denoted by tall half walls, these should be put back to regular walls. example: in the master bath the shower enclosure and w.c. are shown with tall half walls to show they are part of another room but they should be put back to full walls and the whole room uploaded as a room by knocking out the wall section where the door is.

I have gone ahead and done the exterior of the building.

Here is a list of the rooms:

1. Master Bath c/w shower enclosure & w.c. @nali272
    2. Master Bedroom @nali272
    3. Master Closet @nali272
    1,2,3 should be done by the same creator and cluster uploaded as one room
    4. Laundry room c/w Broom Closet @Peacefulzone
    5. Powder Room @Peacefulzone
    6. Mud Room @Peacefulzone
    4,5,6 should be done by the same creator and cluster uploaded as one room
    7. Study or Skill Building Room @Becka28
    8. Kitchen @JosieAnglin
    9. Pantry @JosieAnglin
    8,9 should be done by the same creator and cluster uploaded as one room
    10. Dining Room @DeanXeL
    11. Back Porch with Outdoor Kitchen @emere
    12. Front Foyer c/w Front Closet @DeanXeL
    13. Front Porch @AliSim19
    14. Living Room @Clousinators
    15. Entryway to bedrooms @Clousinators
    16. Children's bathroom @Clousinators
    15,16 should be done by the same creator and cluster uploaded as one room
    17. Child's Bedroom #1 c/w closet @coolsim9999999
    18. Child's Bedroom #2 c/w closet @emere
    19. Pool Party you have 18 deep and 50 wide to work with, please upload as a room @hootofthesims
    20. Front Flower Gardens, I'm happy to do this unless someone else wants it, that's ok too. @JojoMOMSTER

@coolsim9999999 I'm happy to collate and upload this for you to save your arm.

everyone, please upload your rooms to the gallery with the hashtag: #fireflystpatsday.

****SOLD OUT! all rooms have been claimed! Thank you everyone! ****
    Post edited by JojoMOMSTER on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top