October 23 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here.

Why so much hate for the star wars game pack

Comments

  • ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,199 Member
    After reading the forums and understanding what people like and don´t like about the sims...

    ...knitting and Star Wars comes out.

    I have decided not to try and get with the sims 4 anymore. I just don´t get it.
    I will probably never reinstall it.
    Happily moving on.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 5,615 Member
    I can't understand why people just give up a game they have previously liked just because a pack or a couple of packs comes out that they don't like.Don't they go on with the packs they already have? There's always Mods to help them if so. They obviously weren't keen on it in the first place. Best to leave and play something else, if they can find something else.

  • muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 766 Member
    edited September 13
    Simburian wrote: »
    I can't understand why people just give up a game they have previously liked just because a pack or a couple of packs comes out that they don't like.Don't they go on with the packs they already have? There's always Mods to help them if so. They obviously weren't keen on it in the first place. Best to leave and play something else, if they can find something else.

    Well, actually, I think you cleared up your own confusion.

    "They obviously weren't keen on it in the first place. Best to leave and play something else"

    Or.... they decide that they were fair in the time they gave the company to answer the complaints and fix the issues, and now they reached the point, due to their dissatisfaction with the response from the company that they need to reconsider their interests.

    Also, to some people, playing the game is only part of the equation. Collecting the game in all it's parts, as well as participating in it's progression, is also part of their interest.

    I have played games in the past that I liked, but decided to quit playing them at a later time because of not being comfortable with the direction the game as a whole was going in. It's great to have a great game. It's even better to have some added DLC's for that game. But it gets discouraging when you're not able to progress with the same level of excitement as other people because you don't agree with the current or future condition of the game.

    When you reach the point of feeling that... what you have is pretty much all you get because you don't trust the game (for you) will get any better, or progress in any way you're comfortable with, that level of realization and disappointment can often encourage people to just walk away, and give their interest and commitment (as well as money) to another franchise they are more comfortable with.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 5,615 Member
    edited September 13
    @muzickmage My point still stands. I haven't got to my point it discourages me yet, you may have. I got to that point with Sims 3 but not Sims 4 yet. If I don't like the next expansion I won't buy it but still play with what I have already. I have lots I want to do in it still.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 4,280 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    I can't understand why people just give up a game they have previously liked just because a pack or a couple of packs comes out that they don't like.Don't they go on with the packs they already have? There's always Mods to help them if so. They obviously weren't keen on it in the first place. Best to leave and play something else, if they can find something else.

    Here:
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 5,615 Member
    I've just been reading the comments about Get to Work in 2015 all dire. Times change.Who knows what Simmers will think in another 5 years?
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 4,280 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    I've just been reading the comments about Get to Work in 2015 all dire. Times change.Who knows what Simmers will think in another 5 years?

    Well for one thing this pack got me over on the dark side too. Up until now i have defended most packs on these forums.

    Now? I just put the last three Sims 3 packs that I am missing on my Origin wishlist.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 5,615 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    I've just been reading the comments about Get to Work in 2015 all dire. Times change.Who knows what Simmers will think in another 5 years?

    Well for one thing this pack got me over on the dark side too. Up until now i have defended most packs on these forums.

    Now? I just put the last three Sims 3 packs that I am missing on my Origin wishlist.

    Watch out for "Into the future" then, unless you have a machine that can handle it. You now have to choose what packs you want to use every time and that is a waste of buying packs if you like!
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,245 Member
    I love the idea of this pack (I haven't played it fully yet), but the problem is timing and game quality. If the game were to be better and had everything we've been demanding since the base game lauched, little to no people would be raging about this pack.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,694 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »

    I watched a couple videos on the werewolves in sims 3, and the werewolves seemed to be the least fleshed out of all the TS3 occult. Maybe it was just the videos I watched... werewolves didn't seem to have that much popularity.

    I wonder if that's one of the reasons why they didn't reappear in TS4.

    Speaking of such, and branding. I can't help thinking how, if EA wants to add TV shows to the sims franchise, "The Vampire Diaries" would be a perfect fit. The show has vampires, werewolves, and witches. Basically... the sims all wrapped up in one TV series. (well sorta lol)

    Imagine creating the Salvatore Mansion (vampire), or Starting your own Bennett bloodline (witch). The option of (Tyler) Lockwood, or (Haley) Marshall for the werewolf gene.

    See now... that sounds like a fun GP.

    ETA: Technically (now that i've said it all outloud lol), all we would need is werewolves and we could build that story ourselves. So..... not a TVD gamepack, just a werewolve gamepack.
    Yeah the vampires and werewolves and the world was inspired by Twilight and Sabrina, so Supernatural was a very trendy pack for its time. I wouldn't mind the Vampire Diaries actually. That would be fun to have in a werewolf GP. I like supernaturals not just having a good side, but a mix of personality types, so I was happy how vampires and spellcasters came out. Aliens felt like they needed something, so probably why I am a bit biased towards the Star Wars pack. I want to have the aliens travel there and the other supernaturals. Let's just say I killed the Bella and Edward Sims a lot in the Sims 3 and no regrets. I am not a Twilight fan, but love the Twilight Zone.

    @Flexono1 There are more buildable apartments now between Eco Lifestyle and Discover University. Stinks it took multiple EPs to make it possible, but I prefer building with lots too. I'm a builder and gameplay player.

    No it would be more fun to have a The Originals pack then they would have to give us hybrid supernaturals.😂
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 4,411 Member
    I have bought every pack I own on sale and there's a bunch I still don't own. Eco Living was the first one that I considered paying full price for. Then I started seeing bug posts in the forum that turned me off and I didn't buy it. I won't until they fix it. Then this pack came out and I'm just not even remotely interested. If I was interested in Star Wars, I'd play one of the games my kids have.

    So for me it's just compounding disappointment. I don't hate it in particular and I'm sure there are players that will have fun with it.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 10,977 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    I can't understand why people just give up a game they have previously liked just because a pack or a couple of packs comes out that they don't like.Don't they go on with the packs they already have? There's always Mods to help them if so. They obviously weren't keen on it in the first place. Best to leave and play something else, if they can find something else.

    For some it is not just the packs, it may be certain things that affect the whole game in general or certain features not related to an pack. One example some folks was burning their copies of Sim City 2013 in anger and you think this forum is acid. Sim City 2013 was really acid as the majority was angry.
    AMD 2700X 32 GB Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super 8 GB Rosewill Rise Full Tower SB THX Trustudio LG Ultrawide 34"
    Intel 6700K 32 GB ASUS RTX 2070 Strix 8 GB Stryker Full Tower SB Z-Series Samsung Curved 32"
  • logionlogion Posts: 1,863 Member
    edited September 13
    Simburian wrote: »
    I've just been reading the comments about Get to Work in 2015 all dire. Times change.Who knows what Simmers will think in another 5 years?

    Well for one thing this pack got me over on the dark side too. Up until now i have defended most packs on these forums.

    Now? I just put the last three Sims 3 packs that I am missing on my Origin wishlist.

    I used to defend them as well. I remember defending why bunk beds was not in Tiny Living because they are working on a limited budget and I also said that ladders were most likely coming in a free update.

    While I was right about the ladders, I can't really defend this pack. And when their Executive Producer goes out and says that this pack was their great idea and I see that it's full of rabbit holes and that their latest patch barely fixes any bugs but instead causes more, then I'm done defending them.

    Maxis have to improve and EA have to give them more resources unless they want this to go on. This is not going to go away, no matter how much money they put into marketing.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,694 Member
    I would like this pack if this didn't happen in normal neighborhoods. But I am asking way to much for that not to happen. :D
    119241237_1273795142963821_6575072030137903785_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=lpJ2lRke62UAX9n6NGM&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=586184342505d2cb595eda05a36639a3&oe=5F8520E5
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,125 Member
    edited September 14
    muzickmage wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    I wonder if some people even read the discussions on this forum and take other people’s posts into consideration.
    I guess not, because how else do we always end up with “NOBODY ASKED FOR THIS”.

    At this stage I have no butt left from laughing, which is a pity, because it looked good on me.

    Maybe you would like to be the first one to post the link showing clearly that someone did ask for this. Until then I have no choice but wonder which discussion on this forum we should be taking into consideration.

    An official Sims survey was sent out to the players a good while back. It included an open question asking folks to enter what kind of branded content they would like to see in future packs. Star Wars was one of them.
    I’m basing this knowledge on posts around the forum of people who were willing to share what they’ve entered.
    I’m basing this on my own answer to that question. I asked for Star Wars.
    Can I provide you with the results of the survey? No. Do I care to find all those discussions where people say they entered Star Wars? No. They’re out there in the many JtB related threads. Have a read through them. Or you can simply choose to believe me or not.
    That Nobody asked for Star Wars is simply not true.
    Some folks asked for it.

    The point I was hoping to make was.....

    Suggesting that I, or someone else is wrong, while not taking the time to back up your accusation with at least 1 piece of evidence.... is a conversation that I have a difficult time taking serious.

    You say that people are wrong in their claim that "nobody asked for this". Then suggest that "they" can run around doing the leg work proving that "you" are right in your accusation against them... well... with all due respect.... do it yourself.

    If you want to accuse me of being wrong.... fair enough... do that. But you will be bringing "me" the evidence of that.... not the other way around.

    agreed.
    muzickmage wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    I wonder if some people even read the discussions on this forum and take other people’s posts into consideration.
    I guess not, because how else do we always end up with “NOBODY ASKED FOR THIS”.

    At this stage I have no butt left from laughing, which is a pity, because it looked good on me.

    Maybe you would like to be the first one to post the link showing clearly that someone did ask for this. Until then I have no choice but wonder which discussion on this forum we should be taking into consideration.

    An official Sims survey was sent out to the players a good while back. It included an open question asking folks to enter what kind of branded content they would like to see in future packs. Star Wars was one of them.
    I’m basing this knowledge on posts around the forum of people who were willing to share what they’ve entered.
    I’m basing this on my own answer to that question. I asked for Star Wars.
    Can I provide you with the results of the survey? No. Do I care to find all those discussions where people say they entered Star Wars? No. They’re out there in the many JtB related threads. Have a read through them. Or you can simply choose to believe me or not.
    That Nobody asked for Star Wars is simply not true.
    Some folks asked for it.

    The point I was hoping to make was.....

    Suggesting that I, or someone else is wrong, while not taking the time to back up your accusation with at least 1 piece of evidence.... is a conversation that I have a difficult time taking serious.

    You say that people are wrong in their claim that "nobody asked for this". Then suggest that "they" can run around doing the leg work proving that "you" are right in your accusation against them... well... with all due respect.... do it yourself.

    If you want to accuse me of being wrong.... fair enough... do that. But you will be bringing "me" the evidence of that.... not the other way around.

    The evidence is in the people around you telling you they asked for it. It doesn't get more direct than that.

    What i'm accepting, is that people asked for more Star Wars stuff. Though I didn't see the posts directly asking for this stuff I do believe that it may have happened. So i'm not going to question that part of it.

    What I don't see evidence of... is the request for Star Wars "branding"... and for it to completely consume a GP. I'm not referring to Star Wars stuff... i'm referring to the branding itself ... that imposed onto us a lot of restrictions.

    ETA: I would have been great with a stuff pack full of Star Wars stuff. The community probably would have been less toxic about it as well.

    some people have asked for more star wars stuff.
    after we got the free stuff in a patch.
    there are even mods for it.
    I always thought they would add more in a patch mind, not in a pack.
    Origin ID


  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 1,601 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    I love the idea of this pack (I haven't played it fully yet), but the problem is timing and game quality. If the game were to be better and had everything we've been demanding since the base game lauched, little to no people would be raging about this pack.

    @Karon Maybe if the pack was well executed. The first outrage came when the pack was announced because of the branding. The second outrage came when the pack was released and it had none of the things many normal Simmers or Star Wars fans wished for.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 1,876 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    I love the idea of this pack (I haven't played it fully yet), but the problem is timing and game quality. If the game were to be better and had everything we've been demanding since the base game lauched, little to no people would be raging about this pack.

    @Karon Maybe if the pack was well executed. The first outrage came when the pack was announced because of the branding. The second outrage came when the pack was released and it had none of the things many normal Simmers or Star Wars fans wished for.

    The bolded part. 😂😂
    I should get myself checked.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 2,308 Member
    With the Eco Living & Nifty Knitting that came out I was expecting an extremely basic farming pack with only a cow, a chicken & a pig with no horses or even a tractor.
    I was pleasantly surprised by the Star Wars pack & thought finally we get a nice weird fun game to play with instead of the hum-drum yawning games.🤗
  • muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 766 Member
    edited September 14
    One one hand i'll be glad when TS4 comes to an end.

    On the other hand, i'm a bit nervous about what politics might come with TS5.

    We already know that TS4 was originally supposed to be an online experience. A game plan EA hasn't given up on being that TS5 is heading in the same direction.

    Its like EA wants the sims to be like World of Warcraft, or FFXIV. That could explain the fetch quests we are seeing in Strangerville and Star Wars. That's what online game play focuses heavy on..... fetch quests.

    Even Mass Effect Andromeda went online. First shooter games are online. Most of the racing games are online. Etc, etc. About the only type of games that aren't dominately online gameplay are simulation games. EA tried with SimCity and failed. And held back the sims in the fallout. With TS5 it looks like EA is going to try it again.

    That will likely mean a game full of strangerville/star war fetch quests. The sims will likely end up being a simulated version of WoW.

    Strangerville and Star Wars is likely TS4's offline version of TS5's online future.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 4,280 Member
    muzickmage wrote: »
    One one hand i'll be glad when TS4 comes to an end.

    On the other hand, i'm a bit nervous about what politics might come with TS5.

    We already know that TS4 was originally supposed to be an online experience. A game plan EA hasn't given up on being that TS5 is heading in the same direction.

    Its like EA wants the sims to be like World of Warcraft, or FFXIV. That could explain the fetch quests we are seeing in Strangerville and Star Wars. That's what online game play focuses heavy on..... fetch quests.

    Even Mass Effect Andromeda went online. First shooter games are online. Most of the racing games are online. Etc, etc. About the only type of games that aren't dominately online gameplay are simulation games. EA tried with SimCity and failed. And held back the sims in the fallout. With TS5 it looks like EA is going to try it again.

    That will likely mean a game full of strangerville/star war fetch quests. The sims will likely end up being a simulated version of WoW.

    Strangerville and Star Wars is likely TS4's offline version of TS5's online future.

    EA is literally willing to kill any studio on the hill of Online Gaming.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 19,384 Member

    No it would be more fun to have a The Originals pack then they would have to give us hybrid supernaturals.😂
    I mean the Originals is a prequel to Vampire Diaries and then there is the Legacies show too which has even more hybrid supernaturals.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 19,384 Member
    edited September 15
    Karon wrote: »
    I love the idea of this pack (I haven't played it fully yet), but the problem is timing and game quality. If the game were to be better and had everything we've been demanding since the base game lauched, little to no people would be raging about this pack.

    @Karon Maybe if the pack was well executed. The first outrage came when the pack was announced because of the branding. The second outrage came when the pack was released and it had none of the things many normal Simmers or Star Wars fans wished for.

    The bolded part. 😂😂
    I should get myself checked.
    Yay for not being "normal". I would hate to be. For people who complain about trends, the need to be "normal" and a "majority" is quite common need for those that desire to be hip and trendy. I will enjoy my nerdy gamer life. Save all that "normal" fashion stuff to the Kardasians and other reality stars. Since when have the Sims games ever been "normal"? >:) I guess if people want "normal" there are the Barbie Dreamhouse games.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 19,384 Member
    edited September 15
    muzickmage wrote: »
    One one hand i'll be glad when TS4 comes to an end.

    On the other hand, i'm a bit nervous about what politics might come with TS5.

    We already know that TS4 was originally supposed to be an online experience. A game plan EA hasn't given up on being that TS5 is heading in the same direction.

    Its like EA wants the sims to be like World of Warcraft, or FFXIV. That could explain the fetch quests we are seeing in Strangerville and Star Wars. That's what online game play focuses heavy on..... fetch quests.

    Even Mass Effect Andromeda went online. First shooter games are online. Most of the racing games are online. Etc, etc. About the only type of games that aren't dominately online gameplay are simulation games. EA tried with SimCity and failed. And held back the sims in the fallout. With TS5 it looks like EA is going to try it again.

    That will likely mean a game full of strangerville/star war fetch quests. The sims will likely end up being a simulated version of WoW.

    Strangerville and Star Wars is likely TS4's offline version of TS5's online future.
    Well Sims 4 did cross brand with Final Fantasy games already.....
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/ffxv-announce

    FF XV had a Sims pack:
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • amberlunezamberlunez Posts: 29 Member
    When I first saw the trailer I literally thought it was satire. And then I was like, 'but why is a joke trailer...so long...?' Ah. I will be completely honest - I am not a fan of Star Wars. But I don't really feel like my distaste for this is because it's SW. I have tried to think of it as if it were a pack of a show I love (say, Doctor Who) and I...still do not want it. At all. It *looks* cute, but knowing the limitations and just like, general gameplay of TS4, this is just not a valuable addition to the game. Are Star Wars games cool? Yes! Is having Star Wars costumes in the game cute? Duh! But a PACK that is Star Wars themed? It literally does not make sense. I get that a lot of people felt this way about Strangerville, but despite Strangerville's failings, I don't think it was a pack that *couldn't* work in TS4 - it's just a game they maybe didn't execute in the best way for the game.

    It's just so out of left field, and not in a good way. Also, just speculation but I feel that the "Star Wars: ______" hints that they are thinking of doing more than one?

    Anyway, I feel like this is going to be way too simplified and silly for people who actually love Star Wars, and very alienating to people who love Sims but not Star Wars. I do hope that at least some people are excited about it and do love it! I'm sure there is someone who this is very exciting for. It is just not by any means myself.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 1,876 Member
    edited September 15
    Scobre wrote: »
    I guess if people want "normal" there are the Barbie Dreamhouse games.

    This Barbie House video is hilarious.
    It’s like The Sims Mobile in an alternate universe. But it’s incredibly close to being the same thing! The only difference is that the sims hover instead of walk. And the kitten can jump off the diving board. 😂
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top