October 16 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here.

Why so much hate for the star wars game pack

Comments

  • muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 766 Member
    In fair respect to any who may disagree... maybe I shouldn't have used the term "watered-down". But I think I will still defend my use of the terms "sliced up" and "divided".
  • muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 766 Member
    So based on just the last few posts alone, (again) I don't think the SW GP is what people are complaining about as much as its just another stone thrown at an already broken window.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 1,464 Member
    muzickmage wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    MissyHissy wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    My argument is against "Branding" not Star Wars. And the reason I argue against branding is because of the restrictions that come with it. As I posted on another thread.... EA/Maxis expects us to welcome Star Wars into the sims game, but won't allow us to make the sims game part of the Star Wars GP. There's a disconnect that's likely due to license and copyright laws. The world of Batuu is probably copyrighted so that means we can't be offered the gameplay opportunity of the sims build mode. We can't have our occult sims in the SW world. We can't bring our inventory. A great deal of the sims game is locked out of Batuu.

    Now this I understand and is the first serious argument against the pack that has made total and complete sense to me. The restrictions are frustrating and while I can see where people are having fun with the pack (heck, members of my family have been playing the pack for several days and really enjoying themselves :D ), I do understand this frustration.

    I believe this is the only pack where the branding within the game didn't necessarily 'blend' as well with the game as previous brands. I'm thinking of IKEA and H&M from Sims 2, Diesel from Sims 3 (although I don't have that, so I don't know how popular that was!). I'm not sure the Katy Perry pack from Sims 3 blended all that well but Moschino did in Sims 4. So I can see your argument against the branding (I've never been a fan of the idea myself).
    muzickmage wrote: »
    ..... 4 different packs just to get mermaids, vampires, spellcasters, and aliens. TS4 is so sliced up and watered down compared to previous versions that many are angry that we are being nickeled and dimed.

    The irony here with this argument is that it's not all that different from the previous generations. Sims 2, you had aliens in the Base Game, Vampires in Nightlife and Witches in Apartment Life. All the occults were spread across different packs. Sims 3, Vampires in Late Night, then again in Supernatural (no significant update either), Aliens in Seasons, Mermaids in Island Paradise, Witches in Supernatural.

    I can't comment on the aliens because I hate them in game :D But I personally feel the game packs for the Vampires and Spellcasters gave them more focus than they ever have in previous generations. Just my opinion, but I don't feel they're water down. I do, however, agree on the mermaid front. They're not an occult I play much but I agree with some of the ideas I've seen on what they could have been.

    My comparision is based on the Origin explanation of the Sims' 3 Supernatural Pack:

    Embrace the supernatural in a whole new world full of magic, mystery and mischief. Create witches, vampires, fairies or werewolves right from the beginning. Each supernatural Sim has strange new traits and abilities that add humor and challenges to their lives and the world around them. Use your wand to cast spells or collect ingredients and mix dozens of elixirs that enhance gameplay. You can turn Sims into zombies or give your Sim the golden touch. Share your enchanted brews with any friends who have The Sims 3. Explore the all-new town of Moonlight Falls, where your Sims’ special powers are heightened by the lunar cycle—and surprises lurk around every corner.

    Maybe these occults stages were also sold separately as well, but it appears that we have a supernatural pack that offered them in a group.

    ETA:
    ...... According to Google... Supernatural was the 7th EP for Sims 3. So Maybe these occult sims did debut in other packs as well that preceded the Supernatural pack. I don't know. I didn't play TS3 as much as I dived into TS4.

    Vamps featured in Late Night in the sims 3. Supernatural improved upon them.

    The sims 3 game I played wasn't mine, or on my computer. So what came when, and with what, I have to depend on research to learn.

    So would the following be correct?

    ..... Sims 3 Supernatural offered 4 occult stages (witches, faries, vampires, and werewolves).

    ..... Sims 3 Pets offered (dogs, cats, and horses) which also allowed the opportunity to find snakes, and other pets?

    Is this a fair comparison to the sims 4 packs?

    Afair you had three "Major" pet groups and a few "Minor" ones:
    Dogs, Cats, Horses (including "werewolf strays" and unicorns) and minor pets (Parrots, Snakes... was there anything else don't remember).

    That right there suggests to me that after my buying 2 packs for TS4 (Cats and Dogs + My First Pets stuff) I still have less pets than what TS3 Pets pack offered by itself in just 1 pack.

    That's just amazing to me. You buy twice as many packs, and you still don't have the equivelent as offered by the previous iteration in 1 single pack.

    Exactly. The Sims 3 also had wild deers, that didn't really do much but it was a nice addition. Also a very high level of customization for dogs, cats and horses and several minor pet groups and better pet beds! and more items for pets!
    People just seem to not care anymore if they have to buy a 40$ and a 10$ pack for less content nowadays and they even praise it which is sad.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 1,464 Member
    muzickmage wrote: »
    So based on just the last few posts alone, (again) I don't think the SW GP is what people are complaining about as much as its just another stone thrown at an already broken window.

    True. It's not just hate for the star wars pack. It's just the pack people are most vocal about because it's the final straw for many. If you look at threads from when Get Together came out you'll be surprised how much hate there was for it. Nowadays the forums seem more "peaceful" but it's really only because the people who were fed up with the Sims 4 ages ago already left.
    The hate for the Sims 4 never dissapeared. The world just moved on from a bad game, that's all.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 766 Member
    edited September 12
    muzickmage wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    MissyHissy wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    My argument is against "Branding" not Star Wars. And the reason I argue against branding is because of the restrictions that come with it. As I posted on another thread.... EA/Maxis expects us to welcome Star Wars into the sims game, but won't allow us to make the sims game part of the Star Wars GP. There's a disconnect that's likely due to license and copyright laws. The world of Batuu is probably copyrighted so that means we can't be offered the gameplay opportunity of the sims build mode. We can't have our occult sims in the SW world. We can't bring our inventory. A great deal of the sims game is locked out of Batuu.

    Now this I understand and is the first serious argument against the pack that has made total and complete sense to me. The restrictions are frustrating and while I can see where people are having fun with the pack (heck, members of my family have been playing the pack for several days and really enjoying themselves :D ), I do understand this frustration.

    I believe this is the only pack where the branding within the game didn't necessarily 'blend' as well with the game as previous brands. I'm thinking of IKEA and H&M from Sims 2, Diesel from Sims 3 (although I don't have that, so I don't know how popular that was!). I'm not sure the Katy Perry pack from Sims 3 blended all that well but Moschino did in Sims 4. So I can see your argument against the branding (I've never been a fan of the idea myself).
    muzickmage wrote: »
    ..... 4 different packs just to get mermaids, vampires, spellcasters, and aliens. TS4 is so sliced up and watered down compared to previous versions that many are angry that we are being nickeled and dimed.

    The irony here with this argument is that it's not all that different from the previous generations. Sims 2, you had aliens in the Base Game, Vampires in Nightlife and Witches in Apartment Life. All the occults were spread across different packs. Sims 3, Vampires in Late Night, then again in Supernatural (no significant update either), Aliens in Seasons, Mermaids in Island Paradise, Witches in Supernatural.

    I can't comment on the aliens because I hate them in game :D But I personally feel the game packs for the Vampires and Spellcasters gave them more focus than they ever have in previous generations. Just my opinion, but I don't feel they're water down. I do, however, agree on the mermaid front. They're not an occult I play much but I agree with some of the ideas I've seen on what they could have been.

    My comparision is based on the Origin explanation of the Sims' 3 Supernatural Pack:

    Embrace the supernatural in a whole new world full of magic, mystery and mischief. Create witches, vampires, fairies or werewolves right from the beginning. Each supernatural Sim has strange new traits and abilities that add humor and challenges to their lives and the world around them. Use your wand to cast spells or collect ingredients and mix dozens of elixirs that enhance gameplay. You can turn Sims into zombies or give your Sim the golden touch. Share your enchanted brews with any friends who have The Sims 3. Explore the all-new town of Moonlight Falls, where your Sims’ special powers are heightened by the lunar cycle—and surprises lurk around every corner.

    Maybe these occults stages were also sold separately as well, but it appears that we have a supernatural pack that offered them in a group.

    ETA:
    ...... According to Google... Supernatural was the 7th EP for Sims 3. So Maybe these occult sims did debut in other packs as well that preceded the Supernatural pack. I don't know. I didn't play TS3 as much as I dived into TS4.

    Vamps featured in Late Night in the sims 3. Supernatural improved upon them.

    The sims 3 game I played wasn't mine, or on my computer. So what came when, and with what, I have to depend on research to learn.

    So would the following be correct?

    ..... Sims 3 Supernatural offered 4 occult stages (witches, faries, vampires, and werewolves).

    ..... Sims 3 Pets offered (dogs, cats, and horses) which also allowed the opportunity to find snakes, and other pets?

    Is this a fair comparison to the sims 4 packs?

    Afair you had three "Major" pet groups and a few "Minor" ones:
    Dogs, Cats, Horses (including "werewolf strays" and unicorns) and minor pets (Parrots, Snakes... was there anything else don't remember).

    That right there suggests to me that after my buying 2 packs for TS4 (Cats and Dogs + My First Pets stuff) I still have less pets than what TS3 Pets pack offered by itself in just 1 pack.

    That's just amazing to me. You buy twice as many packs, and you still don't have the equivelent as offered by the previous iteration in 1 single pack.

    Exactly. The Sims 3 also had wild deers, that didn't really do much but it was a nice addition. Also a very high level of customization for dogs, cats and horses and several minor pet groups and better pet beds! and more items for pets!
    People just seem to not care anymore if they have to buy a 40$ and a 10$ pack for less content nowadays and they even praise it which is sad.

    We're not really in the position to do much about it though. The complaints are out there. Its not like the community doesn't speak up. The sims' community is pretty vocal. I don't think "shy" would be a great way to describe us. But here we are 6 years in. Actually, 10 days into year 7. And the best I can think of is... stop buying the packs.

    But is that going to fix the issue? Not buying the packs?

    (individually) I can admit that each pack will have at least something. Will it be worth the money? Maybe no. Will it be a fair offering as compared to other iterations? Again, maybe no. But, by not buying it.... we lose out on whatever the pack does offer.... even it that's very little.

    (as a group) If enough people walked away because of disappointment, would that encourage EA/Maxis to change their strategy? Or, are they now, after 6 years, too interested in offering less content for more money, and not willing to go back to that older plan that cost them more time for less profit? The result..... no more sims.

    So, what are we supposed to do? I wish I knew the right answer.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 1,848 Member
    muzickmage wrote: »
    I found a youtube reference to werewolf strays for TS2, but not so much for TS3. So I have no idea.


    My bad! The "werewolf" stray was actually in Sims 2.

    Ah, I see. Cheers! 👍🏼
    Thinking about it now I could do with some shapeshifting sim hunting wolf beasts in my game.

    I must admit I always loved TS3 Supernaturals, although I often deleted the fairies because I usually didn’t want sims with pretty wings flying around the place. Sorry Fairy folk. I’d like it more if their fairy state was separate, like a vampire’s dark form. That’s right Sweetpeas. Only grow those wings when I’m telling ya.

    I personally do prefer the in-depth ranking systems of the TS4 Vampires and Spell Casters. Vampires more so. TS3 and TS4 offer very different systems though. Resources are put into completely different mechanics.

    I’d like a fully fleshed out Werewolf occult GP. An EP won’t give us a complex occult like vampires and none of the previous iterations had those. Instead we’d get a simplified life state like a mermaid or alien. I have no interest in that.

    Wasn’t TS3 Supernaturals disliked by the majority of simmers? I didn’t sneak around the forums at the time. I just played the game.

    I’m also aware that I’m going completely off topic again.
    I don’t hate the Star Wars GP. I love it.
  • muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 766 Member
    muzickmage wrote: »
    I found a youtube reference to werewolf strays for TS2, but not so much for TS3. So I have no idea.


    My bad! The "werewolf" stray was actually in Sims 2.

    Ah, I see. Cheers! 👍🏼
    Thinking about it now I could do with some shapeshifting sim hunting wolf beasts in my game.

    I must admit I always loved TS3 Supernaturals, although I often deleted the fairies because I usually didn’t want sims with pretty wings flying around the place. Sorry Fairy folk. I’d like it more if their fairy state was separate, like a vampire’s dark form. That’s right Sweetpeas. Only grow those wings when I’m telling ya.

    I personally do prefer the in-depth ranking systems of the TS4 Vampires and Spell Casters. Vampires more so. TS3 and TS4 offer very different systems though. Resources are put into completely different mechanics.

    I’d like a fully fleshed out Werewolf occult GP. An EP won’t give us a complex occult like vampires and none of the previous iterations had those. Instead we’d get a simplified life state like a mermaid or alien. I have no interest in that.

    Wasn’t TS3 Supernaturals disliked by the majority of simmers? I didn’t sneak around the forums at the time. I just played the game.

    I’m also aware that I’m going completely off topic again.
    I don’t hate the Star Wars GP. I love it.

    lol nice save there at the end. Just sign all your posts with ... "Go Star Wars"... and you should be fine. lol.

    I still wish the Star Wars GP had come with an extra galatic world for us to build in. Again (as I referenced before) like ROM Glimmerbrook.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 1,464 Member
    edited September 12
    muzickmage wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    MissyHissy wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    My argument is against "Branding" not Star Wars. And the reason I argue against branding is because of the restrictions that come with it. As I posted on another thread.... EA/Maxis expects us to welcome Star Wars into the sims game, but won't allow us to make the sims game part of the Star Wars GP. There's a disconnect that's likely due to license and copyright laws. The world of Batuu is probably copyrighted so that means we can't be offered the gameplay opportunity of the sims build mode. We can't have our occult sims in the SW world. We can't bring our inventory. A great deal of the sims game is locked out of Batuu.

    Now this I understand and is the first serious argument against the pack that has made total and complete sense to me. The restrictions are frustrating and while I can see where people are having fun with the pack (heck, members of my family have been playing the pack for several days and really enjoying themselves :D ), I do understand this frustration.

    I believe this is the only pack where the branding within the game didn't necessarily 'blend' as well with the game as previous brands. I'm thinking of IKEA and H&M from Sims 2, Diesel from Sims 3 (although I don't have that, so I don't know how popular that was!). I'm not sure the Katy Perry pack from Sims 3 blended all that well but Moschino did in Sims 4. So I can see your argument against the branding (I've never been a fan of the idea myself).
    muzickmage wrote: »
    ..... 4 different packs just to get mermaids, vampires, spellcasters, and aliens. TS4 is so sliced up and watered down compared to previous versions that many are angry that we are being nickeled and dimed.

    The irony here with this argument is that it's not all that different from the previous generations. Sims 2, you had aliens in the Base Game, Vampires in Nightlife and Witches in Apartment Life. All the occults were spread across different packs. Sims 3, Vampires in Late Night, then again in Supernatural (no significant update either), Aliens in Seasons, Mermaids in Island Paradise, Witches in Supernatural.

    I can't comment on the aliens because I hate them in game :D But I personally feel the game packs for the Vampires and Spellcasters gave them more focus than they ever have in previous generations. Just my opinion, but I don't feel they're water down. I do, however, agree on the mermaid front. They're not an occult I play much but I agree with some of the ideas I've seen on what they could have been.

    My comparision is based on the Origin explanation of the Sims' 3 Supernatural Pack:

    Embrace the supernatural in a whole new world full of magic, mystery and mischief. Create witches, vampires, fairies or werewolves right from the beginning. Each supernatural Sim has strange new traits and abilities that add humor and challenges to their lives and the world around them. Use your wand to cast spells or collect ingredients and mix dozens of elixirs that enhance gameplay. You can turn Sims into zombies or give your Sim the golden touch. Share your enchanted brews with any friends who have The Sims 3. Explore the all-new town of Moonlight Falls, where your Sims’ special powers are heightened by the lunar cycle—and surprises lurk around every corner.

    Maybe these occults stages were also sold separately as well, but it appears that we have a supernatural pack that offered them in a group.

    ETA:
    ...... According to Google... Supernatural was the 7th EP for Sims 3. So Maybe these occult sims did debut in other packs as well that preceded the Supernatural pack. I don't know. I didn't play TS3 as much as I dived into TS4.

    Vamps featured in Late Night in the sims 3. Supernatural improved upon them.

    The sims 3 game I played wasn't mine, or on my computer. So what came when, and with what, I have to depend on research to learn.

    So would the following be correct?

    ..... Sims 3 Supernatural offered 4 occult stages (witches, faries, vampires, and werewolves).

    ..... Sims 3 Pets offered (dogs, cats, and horses) which also allowed the opportunity to find snakes, and other pets?

    Is this a fair comparison to the sims 4 packs?

    Afair you had three "Major" pet groups and a few "Minor" ones:
    Dogs, Cats, Horses (including "werewolf strays" and unicorns) and minor pets (Parrots, Snakes... was there anything else don't remember).

    That right there suggests to me that after my buying 2 packs for TS4 (Cats and Dogs + My First Pets stuff) I still have less pets than what TS3 Pets pack offered by itself in just 1 pack.

    That's just amazing to me. You buy twice as many packs, and you still don't have the equivelent as offered by the previous iteration in 1 single pack.

    Exactly. The Sims 3 also had wild deers, that didn't really do much but it was a nice addition. Also a very high level of customization for dogs, cats and horses and several minor pet groups and better pet beds! and more items for pets!
    People just seem to not care anymore if they have to buy a 40$ and a 10$ pack for less content nowadays and they even praise it which is sad.

    We're not really in the position to do much about it though. The complaints are out there. Its not like the community doesn't speak up. The sims' community is pretty vocal. I don't think "shy" would be a great way to describe us. But here we are 6 years in. Actually, 10 days into year 7. And the best I can think of is... stop buying the packs.

    But is that going to fix the issue? Not buying the packs?

    Yes. That's exactly what I would do and I do it. Don't buy the packs. Whenever I think a pack isn't completely worth it or doesn't deliver what it says I won't buy it. Not for any little thing I might like.

    With Stuff packs: If a stuff pack is called "Cool kitchen stuff" and it lacks exactly that, cool stuff for your kitchen I won't buy it. Not for the ice creams not for nothing. Never!

    With Game packs: Strangerville has a world I could use and some build and buy I like. It is advertised as a gameplay pack though and if I am not satisfied with the gameplay then I will not buy it. Not even if I like the build and buy. Cause it doesn't deliver what it promises.

    With Expansion packs: It could like one or two features from a pack. If I get the feeling that the amount of work put into it isn't worth 40€ I will not buy it.

    No matter what little detail you like, if you want to make a change don't buy the packs. Think about it and if you have a better solution I'm all ears but I cannot think of any other way.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 1,848 Member
    No matter what little detail you like, if you want to make a change don't buy the packs. Think about it and if you have a better solution I'm all ears but I cannot think of any other way.

    Just raid the Maxis studios, seize all the gurus merch and demand that they make exactly what we want.
    Otherwise they won’t get their collection of Pooh-bears back.
  • muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 766 Member
    muzickmage wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    MissyHissy wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    My argument is against "Branding" not Star Wars. And the reason I argue against branding is because of the restrictions that come with it. As I posted on another thread.... EA/Maxis expects us to welcome Star Wars into the sims game, but won't allow us to make the sims game part of the Star Wars GP. There's a disconnect that's likely due to license and copyright laws. The world of Batuu is probably copyrighted so that means we can't be offered the gameplay opportunity of the sims build mode. We can't have our occult sims in the SW world. We can't bring our inventory. A great deal of the sims game is locked out of Batuu.

    Now this I understand and is the first serious argument against the pack that has made total and complete sense to me. The restrictions are frustrating and while I can see where people are having fun with the pack (heck, members of my family have been playing the pack for several days and really enjoying themselves :D ), I do understand this frustration.

    I believe this is the only pack where the branding within the game didn't necessarily 'blend' as well with the game as previous brands. I'm thinking of IKEA and H&M from Sims 2, Diesel from Sims 3 (although I don't have that, so I don't know how popular that was!). I'm not sure the Katy Perry pack from Sims 3 blended all that well but Moschino did in Sims 4. So I can see your argument against the branding (I've never been a fan of the idea myself).
    muzickmage wrote: »
    ..... 4 different packs just to get mermaids, vampires, spellcasters, and aliens. TS4 is so sliced up and watered down compared to previous versions that many are angry that we are being nickeled and dimed.

    The irony here with this argument is that it's not all that different from the previous generations. Sims 2, you had aliens in the Base Game, Vampires in Nightlife and Witches in Apartment Life. All the occults were spread across different packs. Sims 3, Vampires in Late Night, then again in Supernatural (no significant update either), Aliens in Seasons, Mermaids in Island Paradise, Witches in Supernatural.

    I can't comment on the aliens because I hate them in game :D But I personally feel the game packs for the Vampires and Spellcasters gave them more focus than they ever have in previous generations. Just my opinion, but I don't feel they're water down. I do, however, agree on the mermaid front. They're not an occult I play much but I agree with some of the ideas I've seen on what they could have been.

    My comparision is based on the Origin explanation of the Sims' 3 Supernatural Pack:

    Embrace the supernatural in a whole new world full of magic, mystery and mischief. Create witches, vampires, fairies or werewolves right from the beginning. Each supernatural Sim has strange new traits and abilities that add humor and challenges to their lives and the world around them. Use your wand to cast spells or collect ingredients and mix dozens of elixirs that enhance gameplay. You can turn Sims into zombies or give your Sim the golden touch. Share your enchanted brews with any friends who have The Sims 3. Explore the all-new town of Moonlight Falls, where your Sims’ special powers are heightened by the lunar cycle—and surprises lurk around every corner.

    Maybe these occults stages were also sold separately as well, but it appears that we have a supernatural pack that offered them in a group.

    ETA:
    ...... According to Google... Supernatural was the 7th EP for Sims 3. So Maybe these occult sims did debut in other packs as well that preceded the Supernatural pack. I don't know. I didn't play TS3 as much as I dived into TS4.

    Vamps featured in Late Night in the sims 3. Supernatural improved upon them.

    The sims 3 game I played wasn't mine, or on my computer. So what came when, and with what, I have to depend on research to learn.

    So would the following be correct?

    ..... Sims 3 Supernatural offered 4 occult stages (witches, faries, vampires, and werewolves).

    ..... Sims 3 Pets offered (dogs, cats, and horses) which also allowed the opportunity to find snakes, and other pets?

    Is this a fair comparison to the sims 4 packs?

    Afair you had three "Major" pet groups and a few "Minor" ones:
    Dogs, Cats, Horses (including "werewolf strays" and unicorns) and minor pets (Parrots, Snakes... was there anything else don't remember).

    That right there suggests to me that after my buying 2 packs for TS4 (Cats and Dogs + My First Pets stuff) I still have less pets than what TS3 Pets pack offered by itself in just 1 pack.

    That's just amazing to me. You buy twice as many packs, and you still don't have the equivelent as offered by the previous iteration in 1 single pack.

    Exactly. The Sims 3 also had wild deers, that didn't really do much but it was a nice addition. Also a very high level of customization for dogs, cats and horses and several minor pet groups and better pet beds! and more items for pets!
    People just seem to not care anymore if they have to buy a 40$ and a 10$ pack for less content nowadays and they even praise it which is sad.

    We're not really in the position to do much about it though. The complaints are out there. Its not like the community doesn't speak up. The sims' community is pretty vocal. I don't think "shy" would be a great way to describe us. But here we are 6 years in. Actually, 10 days into year 7. And the best I can think of is... stop buying the packs.

    But is that going to fix the issue? Not buying the packs?

    Yes. That's exactly what I would do and I do it. Don't buy the packs. Whenever I think a pack isn't completely worth it or doesn't deliver what it says I won't buy it. Not for any little thing I might like.

    With Stuff packs: If a stuff pack is called "Cool kitchen stuff" and it lacks exactly that, cool stuff for your kitchen I won't buy it. Not for the ice creams not for nothing. Never!

    With Game packs: Strangerville has a world I could use and some build and buy I like. It is advertised as a gameplay pack though and if I am not satisfied with the gameplay then I will not buy it. Not even if I like the build and buy. Cause it doesn't deliver what it promises.

    With Expansion packs: It could like one or two features from a pack. If I get the feeling that the amount of work put into it isn't worth 40€ I will not buy it.

    No matter what little detail you like, if you want to make a change don't buy the packs. Think about it and if you have a better solution I'm all ears but I cannot think of any other way.

    I agree. I would offer that advice for any product. And that helps us as individuals feel better about our spending habits. But what does it do to improve the game?

    Its not like a community strike until we get cars. Or a twitter protest chanting "free the babies". Maybe those ideas might work. But each idea would have to be fought for one thing at a time. TS4 won't last long enough for that?

    So not buying the packs, which currently is my decision, seems more like a punishment for me than for EA/Maxis.
  • logionlogion Posts: 1,824 Member
    edited September 12
    muzickmage wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    MissyHissy wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    My argument is against "Branding" not Star Wars. And the reason I argue against branding is because of the restrictions that come with it. As I posted on another thread.... EA/Maxis expects us to welcome Star Wars into the sims game, but won't allow us to make the sims game part of the Star Wars GP. There's a disconnect that's likely due to license and copyright laws. The world of Batuu is probably copyrighted so that means we can't be offered the gameplay opportunity of the sims build mode. We can't have our occult sims in the SW world. We can't bring our inventory. A great deal of the sims game is locked out of Batuu.

    Now this I understand and is the first serious argument against the pack that has made total and complete sense to me. The restrictions are frustrating and while I can see where people are having fun with the pack (heck, members of my family have been playing the pack for several days and really enjoying themselves :D ), I do understand this frustration.

    I believe this is the only pack where the branding within the game didn't necessarily 'blend' as well with the game as previous brands. I'm thinking of IKEA and H&M from Sims 2, Diesel from Sims 3 (although I don't have that, so I don't know how popular that was!). I'm not sure the Katy Perry pack from Sims 3 blended all that well but Moschino did in Sims 4. So I can see your argument against the branding (I've never been a fan of the idea myself).
    muzickmage wrote: »
    ..... 4 different packs just to get mermaids, vampires, spellcasters, and aliens. TS4 is so sliced up and watered down compared to previous versions that many are angry that we are being nickeled and dimed.

    The irony here with this argument is that it's not all that different from the previous generations. Sims 2, you had aliens in the Base Game, Vampires in Nightlife and Witches in Apartment Life. All the occults were spread across different packs. Sims 3, Vampires in Late Night, then again in Supernatural (no significant update either), Aliens in Seasons, Mermaids in Island Paradise, Witches in Supernatural.

    I can't comment on the aliens because I hate them in game :D But I personally feel the game packs for the Vampires and Spellcasters gave them more focus than they ever have in previous generations. Just my opinion, but I don't feel they're water down. I do, however, agree on the mermaid front. They're not an occult I play much but I agree with some of the ideas I've seen on what they could have been.

    My comparision is based on the Origin explanation of the Sims' 3 Supernatural Pack:

    Embrace the supernatural in a whole new world full of magic, mystery and mischief. Create witches, vampires, fairies or werewolves right from the beginning. Each supernatural Sim has strange new traits and abilities that add humor and challenges to their lives and the world around them. Use your wand to cast spells or collect ingredients and mix dozens of elixirs that enhance gameplay. You can turn Sims into zombies or give your Sim the golden touch. Share your enchanted brews with any friends who have The Sims 3. Explore the all-new town of Moonlight Falls, where your Sims’ special powers are heightened by the lunar cycle—and surprises lurk around every corner.

    Maybe these occults stages were also sold separately as well, but it appears that we have a supernatural pack that offered them in a group.

    ETA:
    ...... According to Google... Supernatural was the 7th EP for Sims 3. So Maybe these occult sims did debut in other packs as well that preceded the Supernatural pack. I don't know. I didn't play TS3 as much as I dived into TS4.

    Vamps featured in Late Night in the sims 3. Supernatural improved upon them.

    The sims 3 game I played wasn't mine, or on my computer. So what came when, and with what, I have to depend on research to learn.

    So would the following be correct?

    ..... Sims 3 Supernatural offered 4 occult stages (witches, faries, vampires, and werewolves).

    ..... Sims 3 Pets offered (dogs, cats, and horses) which also allowed the opportunity to find snakes, and other pets?

    Is this a fair comparison to the sims 4 packs?

    Afair you had three "Major" pet groups and a few "Minor" ones:
    Dogs, Cats, Horses (including "werewolf strays" and unicorns) and minor pets (Parrots, Snakes... was there anything else don't remember).

    That right there suggests to me that after my buying 2 packs for TS4 (Cats and Dogs + My First Pets stuff) I still have less pets than what TS3 Pets pack offered by itself in just 1 pack.

    That's just amazing to me. You buy twice as many packs, and you still don't have the equivelent as offered by the previous iteration in 1 single pack.

    Exactly. The Sims 3 also had wild deers, that didn't really do much but it was a nice addition. Also a very high level of customization for dogs, cats and horses and several minor pet groups and better pet beds! and more items for pets!
    People just seem to not care anymore if they have to buy a 40$ and a 10$ pack for less content nowadays and they even praise it which is sad.

    We're not really in the position to do much about it though. The complaints are out there. Its not like the community doesn't speak up. The sims' community is pretty vocal. I don't think "shy" would be a great way to describe us. But here we are 6 years in. Actually, 10 days into year 7. And the best I can think of is... stop buying the packs.

    But is that going to fix the issue? Not buying the packs?

    (individually) I can admit that each pack will have at least something. Will it be worth the money? Maybe no. Will it be a fair offering as compared to other iterations? Again, maybe no. But, by not buying it.... we lose out on whatever the pack does offer.... even it that's very little.

    (as a group) If enough people walked away because of disappointment, would that encourage EA/Maxis to change their strategy? Or, are they now, after 6 years, too interested in offering less content for more money, and not willing to go back to that older plan that cost them more time for less profit? The result..... no more sims.

    So, what are we supposed to do? I wish I knew the right answer.

    I think a step in the right direction is to play the game less if you are unhappy with it. I started doing that and it makes me happier overall but I play other games as well, if you only play life simulators then I guess you could go back and play the sims3... but I would recommend to give other games more of a chance. There are game developers that are putting in so much content and gameplay in other games out there.

    I bought Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 about a week ago and I could not help but notice that the character creator there actually have custom color swatches.
    NbHqCXE.png

    This is the amount of detail that other game developers are giving to their customers.

    I really don't think that we should buy Maxis packs at release anymore, they are too buggy and have too little content. And if you wait a couple of weeks, play some other games...then the feeling of buying something new often disappears. You begin buying and playing other games and people like EA and Maxis don't get your money. I have noticed other youtubers doing the same thing, and even if it's not a big thing for a multi corporation like EA, I think they do notice that people are starting to play their game less and less.

    Which is probably why they made packs like this Star Wars pack, they want to draw new people in because they notice that people are leaving.

    Not everyone of course...some people liked this pack and that's fine, you are not the problem, the problem is that we are starting to see that this company cares less about people playing this game, they focus more on drawing you in with flashy trailers and adventures. But don't invest in any long-time goals that makes people play the game for longer.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 1,464 Member
    muzickmage wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    MissyHissy wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    My argument is against "Branding" not Star Wars. And the reason I argue against branding is because of the restrictions that come with it. As I posted on another thread.... EA/Maxis expects us to welcome Star Wars into the sims game, but won't allow us to make the sims game part of the Star Wars GP. There's a disconnect that's likely due to license and copyright laws. The world of Batuu is probably copyrighted so that means we can't be offered the gameplay opportunity of the sims build mode. We can't have our occult sims in the SW world. We can't bring our inventory. A great deal of the sims game is locked out of Batuu.

    Now this I understand and is the first serious argument against the pack that has made total and complete sense to me. The restrictions are frustrating and while I can see where people are having fun with the pack (heck, members of my family have been playing the pack for several days and really enjoying themselves :D ), I do understand this frustration.

    I believe this is the only pack where the branding within the game didn't necessarily 'blend' as well with the game as previous brands. I'm thinking of IKEA and H&M from Sims 2, Diesel from Sims 3 (although I don't have that, so I don't know how popular that was!). I'm not sure the Katy Perry pack from Sims 3 blended all that well but Moschino did in Sims 4. So I can see your argument against the branding (I've never been a fan of the idea myself).
    muzickmage wrote: »
    ..... 4 different packs just to get mermaids, vampires, spellcasters, and aliens. TS4 is so sliced up and watered down compared to previous versions that many are angry that we are being nickeled and dimed.

    The irony here with this argument is that it's not all that different from the previous generations. Sims 2, you had aliens in the Base Game, Vampires in Nightlife and Witches in Apartment Life. All the occults were spread across different packs. Sims 3, Vampires in Late Night, then again in Supernatural (no significant update either), Aliens in Seasons, Mermaids in Island Paradise, Witches in Supernatural.

    I can't comment on the aliens because I hate them in game :D But I personally feel the game packs for the Vampires and Spellcasters gave them more focus than they ever have in previous generations. Just my opinion, but I don't feel they're water down. I do, however, agree on the mermaid front. They're not an occult I play much but I agree with some of the ideas I've seen on what they could have been.

    My comparision is based on the Origin explanation of the Sims' 3 Supernatural Pack:

    Embrace the supernatural in a whole new world full of magic, mystery and mischief. Create witches, vampires, fairies or werewolves right from the beginning. Each supernatural Sim has strange new traits and abilities that add humor and challenges to their lives and the world around them. Use your wand to cast spells or collect ingredients and mix dozens of elixirs that enhance gameplay. You can turn Sims into zombies or give your Sim the golden touch. Share your enchanted brews with any friends who have The Sims 3. Explore the all-new town of Moonlight Falls, where your Sims’ special powers are heightened by the lunar cycle—and surprises lurk around every corner.

    Maybe these occults stages were also sold separately as well, but it appears that we have a supernatural pack that offered them in a group.

    ETA:
    ...... According to Google... Supernatural was the 7th EP for Sims 3. So Maybe these occult sims did debut in other packs as well that preceded the Supernatural pack. I don't know. I didn't play TS3 as much as I dived into TS4.

    Vamps featured in Late Night in the sims 3. Supernatural improved upon them.

    The sims 3 game I played wasn't mine, or on my computer. So what came when, and with what, I have to depend on research to learn.

    So would the following be correct?

    ..... Sims 3 Supernatural offered 4 occult stages (witches, faries, vampires, and werewolves).

    ..... Sims 3 Pets offered (dogs, cats, and horses) which also allowed the opportunity to find snakes, and other pets?

    Is this a fair comparison to the sims 4 packs?

    Afair you had three "Major" pet groups and a few "Minor" ones:
    Dogs, Cats, Horses (including "werewolf strays" and unicorns) and minor pets (Parrots, Snakes... was there anything else don't remember).

    That right there suggests to me that after my buying 2 packs for TS4 (Cats and Dogs + My First Pets stuff) I still have less pets than what TS3 Pets pack offered by itself in just 1 pack.

    That's just amazing to me. You buy twice as many packs, and you still don't have the equivelent as offered by the previous iteration in 1 single pack.

    Exactly. The Sims 3 also had wild deers, that didn't really do much but it was a nice addition. Also a very high level of customization for dogs, cats and horses and several minor pet groups and better pet beds! and more items for pets!
    People just seem to not care anymore if they have to buy a 40$ and a 10$ pack for less content nowadays and they even praise it which is sad.

    We're not really in the position to do much about it though. The complaints are out there. Its not like the community doesn't speak up. The sims' community is pretty vocal. I don't think "shy" would be a great way to describe us. But here we are 6 years in. Actually, 10 days into year 7. And the best I can think of is... stop buying the packs.

    But is that going to fix the issue? Not buying the packs?

    Yes. That's exactly what I would do and I do it. Don't buy the packs. Whenever I think a pack isn't completely worth it or doesn't deliver what it says I won't buy it. Not for any little thing I might like.

    With Stuff packs: If a stuff pack is called "Cool kitchen stuff" and it lacks exactly that, cool stuff for your kitchen I won't buy it. Not for the ice creams not for nothing. Never!

    With Game packs: Strangerville has a world I could use and some build and buy I like. It is advertised as a gameplay pack though and if I am not satisfied with the gameplay then I will not buy it. Not even if I like the build and buy. Cause it doesn't deliver what it promises.

    With Expansion packs: It could like one or two features from a pack. If I get the feeling that the amount of work put into it isn't worth 40€ I will not buy it.

    No matter what little detail you like, if you want to make a change don't buy the packs. Think about it and if you have a better solution I'm all ears but I cannot think of any other way.

    I agree. I would offer that advice for any product. And that helps us as individuals feel better about our spending habits. But what does it do to improve the game?

    @muzickmage It reduces sales? So that means EA will be forced to find out what the problem is to make sure the get money? I know it sounds far fetched to say that if one person doesn't buy the packs it will decrease the sales. Probably not, but this is where it starts. It's like with people who say they won't recycle because if only one person recycles nothing will change. Well yeah but if all people thought like that then actually nothing would change.
    Change begins from you as an individual. If you want to make a change, act like you want to make a change. Other people are doing it too and it makes a difference.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,622 Member
    edited September 12
    muzickmage wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    MissyHissy wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    My argument is against "Branding" not Star Wars. And the reason I argue against branding is because of the restrictions that come with it. As I posted on another thread.... EA/Maxis expects us to welcome Star Wars into the sims game, but won't allow us to make the sims game part of the Star Wars GP. There's a disconnect that's likely due to license and copyright laws. The world of Batuu is probably copyrighted so that means we can't be offered the gameplay opportunity of the sims build mode. We can't have our occult sims in the SW world. We can't bring our inventory. A great deal of the sims game is locked out of Batuu.

    Now this I understand and is the first serious argument against the pack that has made total and complete sense to me. The restrictions are frustrating and while I can see where people are having fun with the pack (heck, members of my family have been playing the pack for several days and really enjoying themselves :D ), I do understand this frustration.

    I believe this is the only pack where the branding within the game didn't necessarily 'blend' as well with the game as previous brands. I'm thinking of IKEA and H&M from Sims 2, Diesel from Sims 3 (although I don't have that, so I don't know how popular that was!). I'm not sure the Katy Perry pack from Sims 3 blended all that well but Moschino did in Sims 4. So I can see your argument against the branding (I've never been a fan of the idea myself).
    muzickmage wrote: »
    ..... 4 different packs just to get mermaids, vampires, spellcasters, and aliens. TS4 is so sliced up and watered down compared to previous versions that many are angry that we are being nickeled and dimed.

    The irony here with this argument is that it's not all that different from the previous generations. Sims 2, you had aliens in the Base Game, Vampires in Nightlife and Witches in Apartment Life. All the occults were spread across different packs. Sims 3, Vampires in Late Night, then again in Supernatural (no significant update either), Aliens in Seasons, Mermaids in Island Paradise, Witches in Supernatural.

    I can't comment on the aliens because I hate them in game :D But I personally feel the game packs for the Vampires and Spellcasters gave them more focus than they ever have in previous generations. Just my opinion, but I don't feel they're water down. I do, however, agree on the mermaid front. They're not an occult I play much but I agree with some of the ideas I've seen on what they could have been.

    My comparision is based on the Origin explanation of the Sims' 3 Supernatural Pack:

    Embrace the supernatural in a whole new world full of magic, mystery and mischief. Create witches, vampires, fairies or werewolves right from the beginning. Each supernatural Sim has strange new traits and abilities that add humor and challenges to their lives and the world around them. Use your wand to cast spells or collect ingredients and mix dozens of elixirs that enhance gameplay. You can turn Sims into zombies or give your Sim the golden touch. Share your enchanted brews with any friends who have The Sims 3. Explore the all-new town of Moonlight Falls, where your Sims’ special powers are heightened by the lunar cycle—and surprises lurk around every corner.

    Maybe these occults stages were also sold separately as well, but it appears that we have a supernatural pack that offered them in a group.

    ETA:
    ...... According to Google... Supernatural was the 7th EP for Sims 3. So Maybe these occult sims did debut in other packs as well that preceded the Supernatural pack. I don't know. I didn't play TS3 as much as I dived into TS4.

    Vamps featured in Late Night in the sims 3. Supernatural improved upon them.

    The sims 3 game I played wasn't mine, or on my computer. So what came when, and with what, I have to depend on research to learn.

    So would the following be correct?

    ..... Sims 3 Supernatural offered 4 occult stages (witches, faries, vampires, and werewolves).

    ..... Sims 3 Pets offered (dogs, cats, and horses) which also allowed the opportunity to find snakes, and other pets?

    Is this a fair comparison to the sims 4 packs?

    Sims 3 had a new occult for every expansion pack. The Supernatural EP improved vampires along with adding the three others; they also had zombies, though those were a temporary life state. You're right about pets -- you could catch all sorts of small animals including snakes, birds, rodents of various kinds. Though the small pets weren't controllable and they didn't travel in space ~.~ In the Pets EP, the occult was a unicorn.

    Edit: I should catch up on threads before commenting. But really, I would have bought the Star Wars pack had it had engaging game play. I wonder how many people who love the pack have ever played a dedicated RPG. There are much better Star Wars games out there, with actual, in depth quests.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 1,464 Member
    Felicity wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    MissyHissy wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    My argument is against "Branding" not Star Wars. And the reason I argue against branding is because of the restrictions that come with it. As I posted on another thread.... EA/Maxis expects us to welcome Star Wars into the sims game, but won't allow us to make the sims game part of the Star Wars GP. There's a disconnect that's likely due to license and copyright laws. The world of Batuu is probably copyrighted so that means we can't be offered the gameplay opportunity of the sims build mode. We can't have our occult sims in the SW world. We can't bring our inventory. A great deal of the sims game is locked out of Batuu.

    Now this I understand and is the first serious argument against the pack that has made total and complete sense to me. The restrictions are frustrating and while I can see where people are having fun with the pack (heck, members of my family have been playing the pack for several days and really enjoying themselves :D ), I do understand this frustration.

    I believe this is the only pack where the branding within the game didn't necessarily 'blend' as well with the game as previous brands. I'm thinking of IKEA and H&M from Sims 2, Diesel from Sims 3 (although I don't have that, so I don't know how popular that was!). I'm not sure the Katy Perry pack from Sims 3 blended all that well but Moschino did in Sims 4. So I can see your argument against the branding (I've never been a fan of the idea myself).
    muzickmage wrote: »
    ..... 4 different packs just to get mermaids, vampires, spellcasters, and aliens. TS4 is so sliced up and watered down compared to previous versions that many are angry that we are being nickeled and dimed.

    The irony here with this argument is that it's not all that different from the previous generations. Sims 2, you had aliens in the Base Game, Vampires in Nightlife and Witches in Apartment Life. All the occults were spread across different packs. Sims 3, Vampires in Late Night, then again in Supernatural (no significant update either), Aliens in Seasons, Mermaids in Island Paradise, Witches in Supernatural.

    I can't comment on the aliens because I hate them in game :D But I personally feel the game packs for the Vampires and Spellcasters gave them more focus than they ever have in previous generations. Just my opinion, but I don't feel they're water down. I do, however, agree on the mermaid front. They're not an occult I play much but I agree with some of the ideas I've seen on what they could have been.

    My comparision is based on the Origin explanation of the Sims' 3 Supernatural Pack:

    Embrace the supernatural in a whole new world full of magic, mystery and mischief. Create witches, vampires, fairies or werewolves right from the beginning. Each supernatural Sim has strange new traits and abilities that add humor and challenges to their lives and the world around them. Use your wand to cast spells or collect ingredients and mix dozens of elixirs that enhance gameplay. You can turn Sims into zombies or give your Sim the golden touch. Share your enchanted brews with any friends who have The Sims 3. Explore the all-new town of Moonlight Falls, where your Sims’ special powers are heightened by the lunar cycle—and surprises lurk around every corner.

    Maybe these occults stages were also sold separately as well, but it appears that we have a supernatural pack that offered them in a group.

    ETA:
    ...... According to Google... Supernatural was the 7th EP for Sims 3. So Maybe these occult sims did debut in other packs as well that preceded the Supernatural pack. I don't know. I didn't play TS3 as much as I dived into TS4.

    Vamps featured in Late Night in the sims 3. Supernatural improved upon them.

    The sims 3 game I played wasn't mine, or on my computer. So what came when, and with what, I have to depend on research to learn.

    So would the following be correct?

    ..... Sims 3 Supernatural offered 4 occult stages (witches, faries, vampires, and werewolves).

    ..... Sims 3 Pets offered (dogs, cats, and horses) which also allowed the opportunity to find snakes, and other pets?

    Is this a fair comparison to the sims 4 packs?


    Edit: I should catch up on threads before commenting. But really, I would have bought the Star Wars pack had it had engaging game play. I wonder how many people who love the pack have ever played a dedicated RPG. There are much better Star Wars games out there, with actual, in depth quests.

    Haha yes. Many people are like "oh this is all so new with this pack" and I thought to myself these are just fetch quests from an MMORPG. It also makes me wonder if some simmers have ever played any other games :lol:
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,336 Member
    I think you need to realize their are a tons of different opinions out there in the world. Laundry and knitting are not the worst packs, they are however your personal opinion. It is very common that the community for a simulation game wants little life-like details like these in the game. If you have played previous sims games, you see it was filled with the little things that mattered and could bring you a ton of different stories and ways of seeing and playing with your characters. And that's most likely what attracted the same community towards the earlier Sims games and that is now voting for these kinds of real life additions. These people mostly likely do not want another quest game pack that is so narrowly theme related that it doesn't provide much for a overall simulation game. Especially not when EA claims to listen to it's fan base and what it needs to be the game it has always has been and yet lacks in providing actual action to what they claim to be and do. That is not hate, that is anger, frustration and the feeling to have supported something with money and loyalty to eventually being stabbed in the back with meaningless words.
  • muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 766 Member
    edited September 12
    Felicity wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    MissyHissy wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    My argument is against "Branding" not Star Wars. And the reason I argue against branding is because of the restrictions that come with it. As I posted on another thread.... EA/Maxis expects us to welcome Star Wars into the sims game, but won't allow us to make the sims game part of the Star Wars GP. There's a disconnect that's likely due to license and copyright laws. The world of Batuu is probably copyrighted so that means we can't be offered the gameplay opportunity of the sims build mode. We can't have our occult sims in the SW world. We can't bring our inventory. A great deal of the sims game is locked out of Batuu.

    Now this I understand and is the first serious argument against the pack that has made total and complete sense to me. The restrictions are frustrating and while I can see where people are having fun with the pack (heck, members of my family have been playing the pack for several days and really enjoying themselves :D ), I do understand this frustration.

    I believe this is the only pack where the branding within the game didn't necessarily 'blend' as well with the game as previous brands. I'm thinking of IKEA and H&M from Sims 2, Diesel from Sims 3 (although I don't have that, so I don't know how popular that was!). I'm not sure the Katy Perry pack from Sims 3 blended all that well but Moschino did in Sims 4. So I can see your argument against the branding (I've never been a fan of the idea myself).
    muzickmage wrote: »
    ..... 4 different packs just to get mermaids, vampires, spellcasters, and aliens. TS4 is so sliced up and watered down compared to previous versions that many are angry that we are being nickeled and dimed.

    The irony here with this argument is that it's not all that different from the previous generations. Sims 2, you had aliens in the Base Game, Vampires in Nightlife and Witches in Apartment Life. All the occults were spread across different packs. Sims 3, Vampires in Late Night, then again in Supernatural (no significant update either), Aliens in Seasons, Mermaids in Island Paradise, Witches in Supernatural.

    I can't comment on the aliens because I hate them in game :D But I personally feel the game packs for the Vampires and Spellcasters gave them more focus than they ever have in previous generations. Just my opinion, but I don't feel they're water down. I do, however, agree on the mermaid front. They're not an occult I play much but I agree with some of the ideas I've seen on what they could have been.

    My comparision is based on the Origin explanation of the Sims' 3 Supernatural Pack:

    Embrace the supernatural in a whole new world full of magic, mystery and mischief. Create witches, vampires, fairies or werewolves right from the beginning. Each supernatural Sim has strange new traits and abilities that add humor and challenges to their lives and the world around them. Use your wand to cast spells or collect ingredients and mix dozens of elixirs that enhance gameplay. You can turn Sims into zombies or give your Sim the golden touch. Share your enchanted brews with any friends who have The Sims 3. Explore the all-new town of Moonlight Falls, where your Sims’ special powers are heightened by the lunar cycle—and surprises lurk around every corner.

    Maybe these occults stages were also sold separately as well, but it appears that we have a supernatural pack that offered them in a group.

    ETA:
    ...... According to Google... Supernatural was the 7th EP for Sims 3. So Maybe these occult sims did debut in other packs as well that preceded the Supernatural pack. I don't know. I didn't play TS3 as much as I dived into TS4.

    Vamps featured in Late Night in the sims 3. Supernatural improved upon them.

    The sims 3 game I played wasn't mine, or on my computer. So what came when, and with what, I have to depend on research to learn.

    So would the following be correct?

    ..... Sims 3 Supernatural offered 4 occult stages (witches, faries, vampires, and werewolves).

    ..... Sims 3 Pets offered (dogs, cats, and horses) which also allowed the opportunity to find snakes, and other pets?

    Is this a fair comparison to the sims 4 packs?


    Edit: I should catch up on threads before commenting. But really, I would have bought the Star Wars pack had it had engaging game play. I wonder how many people who love the pack have ever played a dedicated RPG. There are much better Star Wars games out there, with actual, in depth quests.

    Haha yes. Many people are like "oh this is all so new with this pack" and I thought to myself these are just fetch quests from an MMORPG. It also makes me wonder if some simmers have ever played any other games :lol:

    If you're referring to those never ending quests from say..... World of Warcraft. Yep, been there. lol.

    The Star Wars GP is not as mission based as one would think. I played mission based games. This seems more like a little game of fetch of find this person and click this. (I agree)

    But, for the Sims... this is what a mission base system looks like. It's the sim version.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 1,464 Member
    muzickmage wrote: »
    Felicity wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    MissyHissy wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    My argument is against "Branding" not Star Wars. And the reason I argue against branding is because of the restrictions that come with it. As I posted on another thread.... EA/Maxis expects us to welcome Star Wars into the sims game, but won't allow us to make the sims game part of the Star Wars GP. There's a disconnect that's likely due to license and copyright laws. The world of Batuu is probably copyrighted so that means we can't be offered the gameplay opportunity of the sims build mode. We can't have our occult sims in the SW world. We can't bring our inventory. A great deal of the sims game is locked out of Batuu.

    Now this I understand and is the first serious argument against the pack that has made total and complete sense to me. The restrictions are frustrating and while I can see where people are having fun with the pack (heck, members of my family have been playing the pack for several days and really enjoying themselves :D ), I do understand this frustration.

    I believe this is the only pack where the branding within the game didn't necessarily 'blend' as well with the game as previous brands. I'm thinking of IKEA and H&M from Sims 2, Diesel from Sims 3 (although I don't have that, so I don't know how popular that was!). I'm not sure the Katy Perry pack from Sims 3 blended all that well but Moschino did in Sims 4. So I can see your argument against the branding (I've never been a fan of the idea myself).
    muzickmage wrote: »
    ..... 4 different packs just to get mermaids, vampires, spellcasters, and aliens. TS4 is so sliced up and watered down compared to previous versions that many are angry that we are being nickeled and dimed.

    The irony here with this argument is that it's not all that different from the previous generations. Sims 2, you had aliens in the Base Game, Vampires in Nightlife and Witches in Apartment Life. All the occults were spread across different packs. Sims 3, Vampires in Late Night, then again in Supernatural (no significant update either), Aliens in Seasons, Mermaids in Island Paradise, Witches in Supernatural.

    I can't comment on the aliens because I hate them in game :D But I personally feel the game packs for the Vampires and Spellcasters gave them more focus than they ever have in previous generations. Just my opinion, but I don't feel they're water down. I do, however, agree on the mermaid front. They're not an occult I play much but I agree with some of the ideas I've seen on what they could have been.

    My comparision is based on the Origin explanation of the Sims' 3 Supernatural Pack:

    Embrace the supernatural in a whole new world full of magic, mystery and mischief. Create witches, vampires, fairies or werewolves right from the beginning. Each supernatural Sim has strange new traits and abilities that add humor and challenges to their lives and the world around them. Use your wand to cast spells or collect ingredients and mix dozens of elixirs that enhance gameplay. You can turn Sims into zombies or give your Sim the golden touch. Share your enchanted brews with any friends who have The Sims 3. Explore the all-new town of Moonlight Falls, where your Sims’ special powers are heightened by the lunar cycle—and surprises lurk around every corner.

    Maybe these occults stages were also sold separately as well, but it appears that we have a supernatural pack that offered them in a group.

    ETA:
    ...... According to Google... Supernatural was the 7th EP for Sims 3. So Maybe these occult sims did debut in other packs as well that preceded the Supernatural pack. I don't know. I didn't play TS3 as much as I dived into TS4.

    Vamps featured in Late Night in the sims 3. Supernatural improved upon them.

    The sims 3 game I played wasn't mine, or on my computer. So what came when, and with what, I have to depend on research to learn.

    So would the following be correct?

    ..... Sims 3 Supernatural offered 4 occult stages (witches, faries, vampires, and werewolves).

    ..... Sims 3 Pets offered (dogs, cats, and horses) which also allowed the opportunity to find snakes, and other pets?

    Is this a fair comparison to the sims 4 packs?


    Edit: I should catch up on threads before commenting. But really, I would have bought the Star Wars pack had it had engaging game play. I wonder how many people who love the pack have ever played a dedicated RPG. There are much better Star Wars games out there, with actual, in depth quests.

    Haha yes. Many people are like "oh this is all so new with this pack" and I thought to myself these are just fetch quests from an MMORPG. It also makes me wonder if some simmers have ever played any other games :lol:

    If you're referring to those never ending quests from say..... World of Warcraft. Yep, been there. lol.

    The Star Wars GP is not as mission based as one would think. I played mission based games. This seems more like a little game of fetch of find this person and click this. (I agree)

    But, for the Sims... this is what a mission base system looks like. It's the sim version.

    Yeah it's like those first MMORPG quests where you fetch something for someone, or pick up something and that's it. I'd rather watch paint dry.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,158 Member
    I guess that the last straw about sums it up.

    My issue is that this is the 20th anniversary year of the franchise and the end of the 6th year for the latest installment. I expected to see a lot of the things that the community has been asking to be consolidated into the game. Because we've been asking almost since the beginning.

    None of it ever came to fruition, despite EA/Maxis' claims that this would be, like, 'the best year ever' or some such thing.

    It's my own fault, I suppose. I keep falling for the hype. That's on me.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,622 Member
    edited September 12
    muzickmage wrote: »
    Felicity wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    MissyHissy wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    My argument is against "Branding" not Star Wars. And the reason I argue against branding is because of the restrictions that come with it. As I posted on another thread.... EA/Maxis expects us to welcome Star Wars into the sims game, but won't allow us to make the sims game part of the Star Wars GP. There's a disconnect that's likely due to license and copyright laws. The world of Batuu is probably copyrighted so that means we can't be offered the gameplay opportunity of the sims build mode. We can't have our occult sims in the SW world. We can't bring our inventory. A great deal of the sims game is locked out of Batuu.

    Now this I understand and is the first serious argument against the pack that has made total and complete sense to me. The restrictions are frustrating and while I can see where people are having fun with the pack (heck, members of my family have been playing the pack for several days and really enjoying themselves :D ), I do understand this frustration.

    I believe this is the only pack where the branding within the game didn't necessarily 'blend' as well with the game as previous brands. I'm thinking of IKEA and H&M from Sims 2, Diesel from Sims 3 (although I don't have that, so I don't know how popular that was!). I'm not sure the Katy Perry pack from Sims 3 blended all that well but Moschino did in Sims 4. So I can see your argument against the branding (I've never been a fan of the idea myself).
    muzickmage wrote: »
    ..... 4 different packs just to get mermaids, vampires, spellcasters, and aliens. TS4 is so sliced up and watered down compared to previous versions that many are angry that we are being nickeled and dimed.

    The irony here with this argument is that it's not all that different from the previous generations. Sims 2, you had aliens in the Base Game, Vampires in Nightlife and Witches in Apartment Life. All the occults were spread across different packs. Sims 3, Vampires in Late Night, then again in Supernatural (no significant update either), Aliens in Seasons, Mermaids in Island Paradise, Witches in Supernatural.

    I can't comment on the aliens because I hate them in game :D But I personally feel the game packs for the Vampires and Spellcasters gave them more focus than they ever have in previous generations. Just my opinion, but I don't feel they're water down. I do, however, agree on the mermaid front. They're not an occult I play much but I agree with some of the ideas I've seen on what they could have been.

    My comparision is based on the Origin explanation of the Sims' 3 Supernatural Pack:

    Embrace the supernatural in a whole new world full of magic, mystery and mischief. Create witches, vampires, fairies or werewolves right from the beginning. Each supernatural Sim has strange new traits and abilities that add humor and challenges to their lives and the world around them. Use your wand to cast spells or collect ingredients and mix dozens of elixirs that enhance gameplay. You can turn Sims into zombies or give your Sim the golden touch. Share your enchanted brews with any friends who have The Sims 3. Explore the all-new town of Moonlight Falls, where your Sims’ special powers are heightened by the lunar cycle—and surprises lurk around every corner.

    Maybe these occults stages were also sold separately as well, but it appears that we have a supernatural pack that offered them in a group.

    ETA:
    ...... According to Google... Supernatural was the 7th EP for Sims 3. So Maybe these occult sims did debut in other packs as well that preceded the Supernatural pack. I don't know. I didn't play TS3 as much as I dived into TS4.

    Vamps featured in Late Night in the sims 3. Supernatural improved upon them.

    The sims 3 game I played wasn't mine, or on my computer. So what came when, and with what, I have to depend on research to learn.

    So would the following be correct?

    ..... Sims 3 Supernatural offered 4 occult stages (witches, faries, vampires, and werewolves).

    ..... Sims 3 Pets offered (dogs, cats, and horses) which also allowed the opportunity to find snakes, and other pets?

    Is this a fair comparison to the sims 4 packs?


    Edit: I should catch up on threads before commenting. But really, I would have bought the Star Wars pack had it had engaging game play. I wonder how many people who love the pack have ever played a dedicated RPG. There are much better Star Wars games out there, with actual, in depth quests.

    Haha yes. Many people are like "oh this is all so new with this pack" and I thought to myself these are just fetch quests from an MMORPG. It also makes me wonder if some simmers have ever played any other games :lol:

    If you're referring to those never ending quests from say..... World of Warcraft. Yep, been there. lol.

    The Star Wars GP is not as mission based as one would think. I played mission based games. This seems more like a little game of fetch of find this person and click this. (I agree)

    But, for the Sims... this is what a mission base system looks like. It's the sim version.

    Yeah it's like those first MMORPG quests where you fetch something for someone, or pick up something and that's it. I'd rather watch paint dry.

    Watching paint dry -- I used those exact words after watching a couple of streamers. And in many ways, Sims 4: the Fetch Quest is worse than an MMO or RPG filler quest because at least in those, you at least go beyond one zone or at least an interesting part of the current zone to do it -- and there's usually some risk. From what I saw, the biggest risk in Batuu was either being kicked out of one area, or being arrested in the other and waiting a few sim hours for that to complete.
  • Flexono1Flexono1 Posts: 264 Member
    muzickmage wrote: »
    I think I will still defend my use of the terms "sliced up" and "divided".

    So true. I use the sim 3 late night comparison.

    Late night gave us; vampires, a fame system, bands, apartments, Buildable apartments, functioning elevators, butlers, a city world, and more in a single pack....

    compare that to sims 4 where you would need to buy Get Together, City Living, Get Famous, Vampires, and Vintage Glamour (and possibly more) packs just to match Late Night. But even then you still don't have the same level of content
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 19,358 Member
    edited September 12
    muzickmage wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    MissyHissy wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    My argument is against "Branding" not Star Wars. And the reason I argue against branding is because of the restrictions that come with it. As I posted on another thread.... EA/Maxis expects us to welcome Star Wars into the sims game, but won't allow us to make the sims game part of the Star Wars GP. There's a disconnect that's likely due to license and copyright laws. The world of Batuu is probably copyrighted so that means we can't be offered the gameplay opportunity of the sims build mode. We can't have our occult sims in the SW world. We can't bring our inventory. A great deal of the sims game is locked out of Batuu.

    Now this I understand and is the first serious argument against the pack that has made total and complete sense to me. The restrictions are frustrating and while I can see where people are having fun with the pack (heck, members of my family have been playing the pack for several days and really enjoying themselves :D ), I do understand this frustration.

    I believe this is the only pack where the branding within the game didn't necessarily 'blend' as well with the game as previous brands. I'm thinking of IKEA and H&M from Sims 2, Diesel from Sims 3 (although I don't have that, so I don't know how popular that was!). I'm not sure the Katy Perry pack from Sims 3 blended all that well but Moschino did in Sims 4. So I can see your argument against the branding (I've never been a fan of the idea myself).
    muzickmage wrote: »
    ..... 4 different packs just to get mermaids, vampires, spellcasters, and aliens. TS4 is so sliced up and watered down compared to previous versions that many are angry that we are being nickeled and dimed.

    The irony here with this argument is that it's not all that different from the previous generations. Sims 2, you had aliens in the Base Game, Vampires in Nightlife and Witches in Apartment Life. All the occults were spread across different packs. Sims 3, Vampires in Late Night, then again in Supernatural (no significant update either), Aliens in Seasons, Mermaids in Island Paradise, Witches in Supernatural.

    I can't comment on the aliens because I hate them in game :D But I personally feel the game packs for the Vampires and Spellcasters gave them more focus than they ever have in previous generations. Just my opinion, but I don't feel they're water down. I do, however, agree on the mermaid front. They're not an occult I play much but I agree with some of the ideas I've seen on what they could have been.

    My comparision is based on the Origin explanation of the Sims' 3 Supernatural Pack:

    Embrace the supernatural in a whole new world full of magic, mystery and mischief. Create witches, vampires, fairies or werewolves right from the beginning. Each supernatural Sim has strange new traits and abilities that add humor and challenges to their lives and the world around them. Use your wand to cast spells or collect ingredients and mix dozens of elixirs that enhance gameplay. You can turn Sims into zombies or give your Sim the golden touch. Share your enchanted brews with any friends who have The Sims 3. Explore the all-new town of Moonlight Falls, where your Sims’ special powers are heightened by the lunar cycle—and surprises lurk around every corner.

    Maybe these occults stages were also sold separately as well, but it appears that we have a supernatural pack that offered them in a group.

    ETA:
    ...... According to Google... Supernatural was the 7th EP for Sims 3. So Maybe these occult sims did debut in other packs as well that preceded the Supernatural pack. I don't know. I didn't play TS3 as much as I dived into TS4.

    Vamps featured in Late Night in the sims 3. Supernatural improved upon them.

    The sims 3 game I played wasn't mine, or on my computer. So what came when, and with what, I have to depend on research to learn.

    So would the following be correct?

    ..... Sims 3 Supernatural offered 4 occult stages (witches, faries, vampires, and werewolves).

    ..... Sims 3 Pets offered (dogs, cats, and horses) which also allowed the opportunity to find snakes, and other pets?

    Is this a fair comparison to the sims 4 packs?

    Afair you had three "Major" pet groups and a few "Minor" ones:
    Dogs, Cats, Horses (including "werewolf strays" and unicorns) and minor pets (Parrots, Snakes... was there anything else don't remember).

    Werewolf strays? In Sims 3 pets? I must have missed something? 🤔

    I found a youtube reference to werewolf strays for TS2, but not so much for TS3. So I have no idea.

    Sims 2 werewolves were my favorite. I admit when the Sims 3 werewolves and zombies and vampires came out I.was disappointed with how they were done. Witches bored me too then. But I did enjoy the fairies and mermaids a lot. So far I do like how supernaturals were improved upon this iteration. I do like more focus on each one instead of them feeling rushed. PlantSims however were delivered badly. I never was a fan of only having temp states just feels like a rushed delivery. Best PlantSims were in the Sims 2.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 766 Member
    edited September 12
    Scobre wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    MissyHissy wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    My argument is against "Branding" not Star Wars. And the reason I argue against branding is because of the restrictions that come with it. As I posted on another thread.... EA/Maxis expects us to welcome Star Wars into the sims game, but won't allow us to make the sims game part of the Star Wars GP. There's a disconnect that's likely due to license and copyright laws. The world of Batuu is probably copyrighted so that means we can't be offered the gameplay opportunity of the sims build mode. We can't have our occult sims in the SW world. We can't bring our inventory. A great deal of the sims game is locked out of Batuu.

    Now this I understand and is the first serious argument against the pack that has made total and complete sense to me. The restrictions are frustrating and while I can see where people are having fun with the pack (heck, members of my family have been playing the pack for several days and really enjoying themselves :D ), I do understand this frustration.

    I believe this is the only pack where the branding within the game didn't necessarily 'blend' as well with the game as previous brands. I'm thinking of IKEA and H&M from Sims 2, Diesel from Sims 3 (although I don't have that, so I don't know how popular that was!). I'm not sure the Katy Perry pack from Sims 3 blended all that well but Moschino did in Sims 4. So I can see your argument against the branding (I've never been a fan of the idea myself).
    muzickmage wrote: »
    ..... 4 different packs just to get mermaids, vampires, spellcasters, and aliens. TS4 is so sliced up and watered down compared to previous versions that many are angry that we are being nickeled and dimed.

    The irony here with this argument is that it's not all that different from the previous generations. Sims 2, you had aliens in the Base Game, Vampires in Nightlife and Witches in Apartment Life. All the occults were spread across different packs. Sims 3, Vampires in Late Night, then again in Supernatural (no significant update either), Aliens in Seasons, Mermaids in Island Paradise, Witches in Supernatural.

    I can't comment on the aliens because I hate them in game :D But I personally feel the game packs for the Vampires and Spellcasters gave them more focus than they ever have in previous generations. Just my opinion, but I don't feel they're water down. I do, however, agree on the mermaid front. They're not an occult I play much but I agree with some of the ideas I've seen on what they could have been.

    My comparision is based on the Origin explanation of the Sims' 3 Supernatural Pack:

    Embrace the supernatural in a whole new world full of magic, mystery and mischief. Create witches, vampires, fairies or werewolves right from the beginning. Each supernatural Sim has strange new traits and abilities that add humor and challenges to their lives and the world around them. Use your wand to cast spells or collect ingredients and mix dozens of elixirs that enhance gameplay. You can turn Sims into zombies or give your Sim the golden touch. Share your enchanted brews with any friends who have The Sims 3. Explore the all-new town of Moonlight Falls, where your Sims’ special powers are heightened by the lunar cycle—and surprises lurk around every corner.

    Maybe these occults stages were also sold separately as well, but it appears that we have a supernatural pack that offered them in a group.

    ETA:
    ...... According to Google... Supernatural was the 7th EP for Sims 3. So Maybe these occult sims did debut in other packs as well that preceded the Supernatural pack. I don't know. I didn't play TS3 as much as I dived into TS4.

    Vamps featured in Late Night in the sims 3. Supernatural improved upon them.

    The sims 3 game I played wasn't mine, or on my computer. So what came when, and with what, I have to depend on research to learn.

    So would the following be correct?

    ..... Sims 3 Supernatural offered 4 occult stages (witches, faries, vampires, and werewolves).

    ..... Sims 3 Pets offered (dogs, cats, and horses) which also allowed the opportunity to find snakes, and other pets?

    Is this a fair comparison to the sims 4 packs?

    Afair you had three "Major" pet groups and a few "Minor" ones:
    Dogs, Cats, Horses (including "werewolf strays" and unicorns) and minor pets (Parrots, Snakes... was there anything else don't remember).

    Werewolf strays? In Sims 3 pets? I must have missed something? 🤔

    I found a youtube reference to werewolf strays for TS2, but not so much for TS3. So I have no idea.

    Sims 2 werewolves were my favorite. I admit when the Sims 3 werewolves and zombies and vampires came out I.was disappointed with how they were done. Witches bored me too then. But I did enjoy the fairies and mermaids a lot. So far I do like how supernaturals were improved upon this iteration. I do like more focus on each one instead of them feeling rushed. PlantSims however were delivered badly. I never was a fan of only having temp states just feels like a rushed delivery. Best PlantSims were in the Sims 2.

    I watched a couple videos on the werewolves in sims 3, and the werewolves seemed to be the least fleshed out of all the TS3 occult. Maybe it was just the videos I watched... werewolves didn't seem to have that much popularity.

    I wonder if that's one of the reasons why they didn't reappear in TS4.

    Speaking of such, and branding. I can't help thinking how, if EA wants to add TV shows to the sims franchise, "The Vampire Diaries" would be a perfect fit. The show has vampires, werewolves, and witches. Basically... the sims all wrapped up in one TV series. (well sorta lol)

    Imagine creating the Salvatore Mansion (vampire), or Starting your own Bennett bloodline (witch). The option of (Tyler) Lockwood, or (Haley) Marshall for the werewolf gene.

    See now... that sounds like a fun GP.

    ETA: Technically (now that i've said it all outloud lol), all we would need is werewolves and we could build that story ourselves. So..... not a TVD gamepack, just a werewolve gamepack.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 10,954 Member
    Flexono1 wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    I think I will still defend my use of the terms "sliced up" and "divided".

    So true. I use the sim 3 late night comparison.

    Late night gave us; vampires, a fame system, bands, apartments, Buildable apartments, functioning elevators, butlers, a city world, and more in a single pack....

    compare that to sims 4 where you would need to buy Get Together, City Living, Get Famous, Vampires, and Vintage Glamour (and possibly more) packs just to match Late Night. But even then you still don't have the same level of content

    Agreed
    AMD 2700X 32 GB Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super 8 GB Rosewill Rise Full Tower SB THX Trustudio LG Ultrawide 34"
    Intel 6700K 32 GB ASUS RTX 2070 Strix 8 GB Stryker Full Tower SB Z-Series Samsung Curved 32"
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 19,358 Member
    edited September 13
    muzickmage wrote: »

    I watched a couple videos on the werewolves in sims 3, and the werewolves seemed to be the least fleshed out of all the TS3 occult. Maybe it was just the videos I watched... werewolves didn't seem to have that much popularity.

    I wonder if that's one of the reasons why they didn't reappear in TS4.

    Speaking of such, and branding. I can't help thinking how, if EA wants to add TV shows to the sims franchise, "The Vampire Diaries" would be a perfect fit. The show has vampires, werewolves, and witches. Basically... the sims all wrapped up in one TV series. (well sorta lol)

    Imagine creating the Salvatore Mansion (vampire), or Starting your own Bennett bloodline (witch). The option of (Tyler) Lockwood, or (Haley) Marshall for the werewolf gene.

    See now... that sounds like a fun GP.

    ETA: Technically (now that i've said it all outloud lol), all we would need is werewolves and we could build that story ourselves. So..... not a TVD gamepack, just a werewolve gamepack.
    Yeah the vampires and werewolves and the world was inspired by Twilight and Sabrina, so Supernatural was a very trendy pack for its time. I wouldn't mind the Vampire Diaries actually. That would be fun to have in a werewolf GP. I like supernaturals not just having a good side, but a mix of personality types, so I was happy how vampires and spellcasters came out. Aliens felt like they needed something, so probably why I am a bit biased towards the Star Wars pack. I want to have the aliens travel there and the other supernaturals. Let's just say I killed the Bella and Edward Sims a lot in the Sims 3 and no regrets. I am not a Twilight fan, but love the Twilight Zone.

    @Flexono1 There are more buildable apartments now between Eco Lifestyle and Discover University. Stinks it took multiple EPs to make it possible, but I prefer building with lots too. I'm a builder and gameplay player.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 4,187 Member
    edited September 13
    Supernatural was my least favorite pack, actually and I realize now I stopped playing the Sims 3 about a month after getting it (so i never even bought Seasons for example).

    Edit: I just remembered something. Speaking about the "The engine can't deal with it" excuse:
    That's the reason why Seasons took so long: The original game engine unpatched for Sims 3 could not handle rain at all, because it could not determine what was under a roof or not.

    Seriously, I remember reading a rather lengthy interview with a dev back then (before the first expansion) explaining why it (by that time) was no rain in the game: They literally had not figured out how to stop it raining inside, roof or no roof, if they activated the weather function.

    Funny tho how they actually managed to solve that...
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top