Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thanks for the New patch. Well worth the wait.

Comments

• Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Oh wait, our sims now dress in towels for shower woohoo?! I'm so happy with this! Jumping into the shower fully clothed was just so odd. I read the patch notes but I may have missed this detail.

UV6Dmc2.jpg

Whoa! Is that what that meant? They said something about Sims getting into the shower with clothes. Hmmm. 😋
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Oh wait, our sims now dress in towels for shower woohoo?! I'm so happy with this! Jumping into the shower fully clothed was just so odd. I read the patch notes but I may have missed this detail.

UV6Dmc2.jpg
    Ooh, have they increased the amount of steam too so that we are not left watching an obviously empty shower?
  • Options
    ctroictroi Posts: 36 Member
    Love this patch! A lot of good improvements! Thank you, EA!
  • Options
    Under Discover University in the patch notes:

*Fixed an issue in which Sims were taking showers fully clothed. As much as the current heat wave is giving us creative ideas to cool off, it would be more efficient to not be fully clothed when showering.

I feel Shower Woohoo is what this fixed.
  • Options
    ElaineenicoleeElaineenicolee Posts: 95 Member
    This patch looks awesome! But I don't want to break my game :D

Seriously back up your save if you’re going to try it. I didn’t think about it and of course origin immediately updates the game as soon as you open it.

It took me hours to set up this game save and now it’s broken. I was so excited for this patch but yeah that’s ruined now....

I’m glad they made changes but this bug is a pretty severe issue. I think they did too many changes in one patch and from now on I’d rather them do smaller patches then break my game.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited June 2020

Yeah, same here. This patch looks great, but I will not update until I know more about what could be causing the issue that some save games are causing crashes.
  • Options
    mommy19959699mommy19959699 Posts: 226 Member
    Yes! This patch has so much to look for I literally made a list lol so I wouldn't miss any of it. But my biggest thing as a game hoarder is the inventory update ♥ Makes finding produce to place in the fridge so much easier. Man just so much good stuff in this update.
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Whoa, I'm impressed with this patch.
    A lot of new features and a lot of very important fixes. My game as a whole seems more stable too..
    Also, while playing through my Rags to Riches savefile, I noticed that my shadows being jerky is fixed, no more jerky shadow movement. see below for what I mean:

https://streamable.com/c5l5bf
  • Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member

Seriously back up your save if you’re going to try it. I didn’t think about it and of course origin immediately updates the game as soon as you open it.

It took me hours to set up this game save and now it’s broken. I was so excited for this patch but yeah that’s ruined now....

I’m glad they made changes but this bug is a pretty severe issue. I think they did too many changes in one patch and from now on I’d rather them do smaller patches then break my game.

Yeah, I wasn't thinking, and I opened Origin and it automatically updated. I briefly went into my game and it seemed fine, but I was only in the game for about 15 minutes and only in my build mode save.
  • Options
    Yay!
    Improved shower woohoo! The towels were a nice touch 😋
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    Well, it looks like the two main mods I use just got updates, so I'll have to put those in tommorrow. So far, this is what I've noticed.

The inventory system--works great!

Bill system--taxes are ridiculous! M'Kay, just like real life, albeit worse. And, while my Sim's electricity bills aren't much, I'm still making him quit leaving the TV on all the time.

Putting windows in is a pain in the rear sometimes, but now fixed.

The cosmetics--mixed opinion. My female Sims don't use a lot of makeup anyway; but some of it looks great, the rest of it looks like some kind of war paint.

Firefighters. I will say the new turnouts look great; I put them on two Sims I formerly used CC for the turnouts. So far, nothing's caught on fire yet; and I'm really itching to see who MCCC picked for the job.

Fixes. The biggest issue to me so far, has been the Get Famous bug. The acting career I don't use, but I decided to try it again. My Sim would NOT go to any gig.

No date requests from other Sims mine are not involved with. I've had several moments of "I've just met you, and we barely even know each other, so why are you asking me out on a date?!!" moments; even when my Sim had a high romantic relationship with another Sim--who was actually living with him at the time.

And, hopefully fixes to the text messages will finally stop the annoying, constant ones.
  • Options
    gschneidergschneider Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having an issue where my sims are frozen on screen but I know they are still doing actions! They move a little like turning heads and having thought bubbles, but nothing more. People outside my house are just fine, walking around and doing stuff. I can see the red negative simoleons when my sim spends money and the positive when they make money. When they make food, it doesn't show up on the counter but I know it's there. When I sell from my garden, the plants still look full of fruit. I don't know what's causing this!! Is anyone else having this problem or a similar one???
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    They've definitely done tweaks not mentioned in the patch notes. Those sneaky sneaks. :p
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    edited June 2020
    Not for me. It broke most of my custom houses. Objects magically disappear and some can’t even be placed like they used to be. Fires in toilets and a ton of other junk. Sorry, but this was badly tested. It should have been delayed a lot longer.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • Options
    So far in my experience I see some issues but on the whole I'm very impressed with the quality of life improvements. I hope they find what has caused some people to not be able to play at least.
  • Options
    TheFlyingGentlemanTheFlyingGentleman Posts: 116 Member
    Bills don't seem accurate.
  • Options
    sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
    This patch was great and needed.
    Love that they restored the shadow movement! Not to mention all the other fixes =D
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member

Happy about the doors and windows update. Watching a Sims retrieve water using a bucket is a nice touch (Sorry about pic as it is a cloudy day). And, I like some of the MAC makeup. I prefer a subtle makeup look on my Sims.

Capture.jpgCapture-2.jpg
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Awesome patch, could you please do the same to mirrors as you have done for windows and doors. :)
  • Options
    orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    I lucked out on the game patch and haven’t encountered any of the game breaking issues yet. But I will note that the Moschino camera photo mode hasn’t been fixed yet for me.
  • Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    My game just has the music cut out on the loading screen and close out the screen when I try to play. Not going to create a new game just to see the features I should have in my saved game.
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    There is a recent Mac OS Catalina update, for anybody who might be having trouble running the game or having it crash on Mac. I am definitely no expert, so don't know if that is part of the problem. But definitely make sure your OS is up to date. Mac is awesome, loves to introduce extremely frequent patches that fix a lot of things—but sometimes they end up affecting Sims gameplay.
  • Options
    pink_coco10pink_coco10 Posts: 54 Member
    This is a big update, much needed, much appreciated.
    I didn't notice major problems with it, although toddlers can't eat sometimes. One of them grabbed the plate from the counter, sit on the bed, put out his plate and put it back in his inventory and onto the counter. The only way I managed to feed him was by travelling to another lot and cook there. Does anyone else have this?