Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thanks for the New patch. Well worth the wait.

EA is getting much better with there patches. Just want to say Thanks to the team that put this patch together.

Comments

• joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    This is an amazing patch. I almost got tired of reading it there was so much! LOL.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    Yeah, it is! Im totally loving the inventory overhaul.

Although, I wasnt happy with how quickly the fire dept answered Bob's call when Eliza was on fire 😈
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    edited June 2020
    I've managed to build a loft in the roof space with the ladder from the upstairs hall and could place windows at the top of the walls when pulled outside it. Happy days! :)
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,444 Member

Although, I wasnt happy with how quickly the fire dept answered Bob's call when Eliza was on fire 😈

Awww, what did Eliza do to earn your wrath? 🤣
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I think people who like burning their Sims to death won't be so happy with the fire department.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Starfree wrote: »

Exist >:)
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    So many fixes, well done team.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Thank you so much for this patch, it covers so much that was needed even some I didn't know was a bug lol
  • LouciferLoucifer Posts: 199 Member
    edited June 2020
    post deleted, by user
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny
    Thomas Jefferson (3rd US President)
    Starfree wrote: »

Lol, nothing really, she just always rubbed me the wrong way in other saves and just seemed real mean to Bob in those saves.

Thanks to MCCC she was always married off to someone else but threw a fit when Bob flirted with anyone, seemed wrong to me.

I actually like her, but she's just fun to pick on 😎
  • matylouriematylourie Posts: 1 New Member
    Is anyone's game no longer loading after this update? I have cc and mods turned off, and still can't get in.
    matylourie wrote: »
    Is anyone's game no longer loading after this update? I have cc and mods turned off, and still can't get in.

No, I started a completely new folder with a completely new vanilla save so I didnt wreck months/years of gameplay.

Maybe try repairing your game? I know the gurus are aware that some are having issues like yours.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,307 Member
    Loucifer wrote: »
    any news on cc and mods broken, I run some adult stuff wondering if I should wait a few days to update

Check here - make sure to read the first post. https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/976565/broken-updated-mods-cc-june-20-eco-lifestyle-patch/
  • daisy1989daisy1989 Posts: 87 Member
    edited June 2020
    I love this patch! The MAC make up was a nice surprise (but the eyeliner looks as if the Sim applied it with a Sharpie!!) Also I've finally able to position this one particular door where I want - it's been driving me mad for weeks :D

@Loucifer My CAS CC is working fine, I've taken all my mods out for the time being until updates are released.

Check out my YouTube channel @ DaisySims
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    I think people who like burning their Sims to death won't be so happy with the fire department.

You can avoid the fire dept by not installing smoke alarms and not calling them ;)

Glad to see the acting gig bug is fixed. Well, I hope it is actually fixed.
    Loucifer wrote: »
    any news on cc and mods broken, I run some adult stuff wondering if I should wait a few days to update

I believe there is a thread over on the mods section that leads to a website with a document listing mods. It wont have the mods you need, because Im pretty sure I run the same as you.

Best bet for those is to go to the creators website and look for a link to their discord or twitter. That woupd be your best avenue of notification.
  • LouciferLoucifer Posts: 199 Member
    daisy1989 wrote: »
    I love this patch! The MAC make up was a nice surprise (but the eyeliner looks as if the Sim applied it with a Sharpie!!) Also I've finally able to position this one particular door where I want - it's been driving me mad for weeks :D

@Loucifer My CAS CC is working fine, I've taken all my mods out for the time being until updates are released.

ty, I think this move door and windows is going to be a nightmare for gallery builders with little experience, and those that do not play test their work. I can see it now Sim can not enter house cause you used bb.moveobjcts with the move windows add on
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny
    Thomas Jefferson (3rd US President)
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    Great fixes, the best is the Uni homework timer. The only major issues I didn't see in the notes are people not finishing meals after drinking and immortal mermaids.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Digging the patch so far. Lots of unexpected things such as the new door options and sending Sims home ^_^
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member

Did you remove the mod folder or just turn off?
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »

Doesn't matter, I have no mods and no CC and never have. I'm having the same problem. Repairing the game didn't help. Looks like we are waiting on another patch for some of us... *eyeroll*

Starting a new game works just fine though.

Origin ID: Peapod79
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Camkat wrote: »

Doesn't matter, I have no mods and no CC and never have. I'm having the same problem. Repairing the game didn't help. Looks like we are waiting on another patch for some of us... *eyeroll*

EA are aware of this random crashing issue. It's not mod-related. Playing in a new save is safest for now.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member

EA are aware of this random crashing issue. It's not mod-related. Playing in a new save is safest for now.

I've added all of my "me too"'s at the bug reports. I've not got the heart to start new. I literally just spent the last 2 weeks building a save for EL and it took upwards of 16 hours. I did quickly jump in to see some of the new things, but I won't be actually playing anything until this is fixed. I also most certainly won't be purchasing EL at launch like I'd planned either unless they're that quick with the fix.

It's a shame too because my excitement for this was through the roof. I've really got to learn to NOT get excited about these things since they seem to always go wrong for me! :/ the packs and patches I'm not looking forward to are fine! Sorry for the jinx anyone who's affected! :D

Origin ID: Peapod79
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I discovered a nifty little thing while exploring the new patch today.

A lot of Island Living's wallpapers are eco friendly :wink: Which makes sense!

YlKI4si.png

I honestly thought the eco stuff would only show with the new pack.
    giphy.gif
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member

I've added all of my "me too"'s at the bug reports. I've not got the heart to start new. I literally just spent the last 2 weeks building a save for EL and it took upwards of 16 hours. I did quickly jump in to see some of the new things, but I won't be actually playing anything until this is fixed. I also most certainly won't be purchasing EL at launch like I'd planned either unless they're that quick with the fix.

It's a shame too because my excitement for this was through the roof. I've really got to learn to NOT get excited about these things since they seem to always go wrong for me! :/ the packs and patches I'm not looking forward to are fine! Sorry for the jinx anyone who's affected! :D

I'm having no problems so far saving but I've never installed mods or cc or used moo and don't use others' builds from the Gallery. I'm using an old Save which I made ready for the eco lifestyle too. Do you have a Mac?

There was an Origin update just before the Patch downloaded and maybe that needs a repair checkup.