Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WHERE'S THE SIMS 5????

Where is The Sims 5?, It's been 6 years since The Sims 4 came out. We usually get a new Sims game every 4-5 years, but its now 6 years and no real talk of the 5th installment of this game. WHAT GIVES???

Comments

• Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    you gotta understand that the sims 4 had a very very very rough launch. they usually have enough sales to go straight into development for the next game around the launch of the game.

sims 4 didn't have that, maxis almost closed down during the early 2010s cause simcity was so poorly received and sims 4 barely made it out alive.

it's making money now, there's rumors that sims 5 is finally gone into development around the time sims 4 rebranded. im guessing the rebrand was their "launch" of another sims game that we would've gotten, so we'll probably get 4-5 years more of sims 4 until sims 5 finally gets here.
  • Options
    chons95chons95 Posts: 51 Member
    Hopefully in development a few years away from launch so it already has everything it needs. What happened at the beginning of Sims 4 cannot happen again, not only for discomfort of the users but because it won't sell, many fell for it because we were used to the previous Sims games, but now I'm sure most people will be weary, wait for the launch and reviews to come out before they buy it. Even if they say that now they're selling more and are doing better they really can't come out with another Sims 4 fiasco.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    chance are unless change the sims5 might come out early 2021
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    magooo63 wrote: »
    Where is The Sims 5?, It's been 6 years since The Sims 4 came out. We usually get a new Sims game every 4-5 years, but its now 6 years and no real talk of the 5th installment of this game. WHAT GIVES???

Expect atleast 2 more years of TS4 due to the surveys. They still have a lot they want to release. The other iterations didn't have live service TS4 does so it's longer.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Unless you want an unfinished game at launch like the Sims 4, we probably still have at least over a year to go. And if it's an online game like is speculated, does anyone really want it?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    What’s the rush?
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    What’s the rush?

Seriously. I'm not ready for the screaming for Seasons/Pets/University/Generations to start up again.

This on both counts.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    Unless you want an unfinished game at launch like the Sims 4, we probably still have at least over a year to go. And if it's an online game like is speculated, does anyone really want it?

Just throwing it out there, but maybe they've been working on it for at least 2 years?
    Just saying...
  • Options
    i might be ready to move on to the sims5 but i sure do not went the sims5 to be rush and be like sims4 so waiting patiently the sims5 is not even officialy annonce yet
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

• Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Just throwing it out there, but maybe they've been working on it for at least 2 years?
    Just saying...

Even if they have, I'm skeptical that it's even close to finished. More likely it's still alpha. Games take forever to come out these days, and it's also on an entirely new engine. Elder Scrolls 5 came out in 2011, so ES 6 been in development for 10 years. The Sims is a huge game that needs time to develop. And with the whole "Live Service" angle, I think gaming has changed.
  • Options
    @KaeChan2089 just found some new potential info on sims5 and for players that went the sims5 to remain offline play feel free to check the link in my signature https://realsport101.com/sims/the-sims-5-ea-play-to-reveal-new-details-on-the-upcoming-game-release-date-online-features-graphics/

• Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    @KaeChan2089 just found some new potential info on sims5 and for players that went the sims5 to remain offline play feel free to check the link in my signature https://realsport101.com/sims/the-sims-5-ea-play-to-reveal-new-details-on-the-upcoming-game-release-date-online-features-graphics/

Thanks I'll add this to my thread I have.
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    you gotta understand that the sims 4 had a very very very rough launch. they usually have enough sales to go straight into development for the next game around the launch of the game.

sims 4 didn't have that, maxis almost closed down during the early 2010s cause simcity was so poorly received and sims 4 barely made it out alive.

it's making money now, there's rumors that sims 5 is finally gone into development around the time sims 4 rebranded. im guessing the rebrand was their "launch" of another sims game that we would've gotten, so we'll probably get 4-5 years more of sims 4 until sims 5 finally gets here.

I can just see what would happen if Sims 4 went on for another 4-5 years: The Sims 4 game engine finally breaks in the very beginning of the 9th year,and EA cannot fix it,no matter what they do or how hard they try. EA then apologizes and has to cancel the rest of its planned Sims 4 content,leaving a whole fanbase angry and upset that Sims 4 died a sudden and unexpected death.

Sims 4 can only last one more year-MAYBE 2 if EA makes the packs lacking in more content. Let EA end Sims 4 in 1 year and let hem give us Sims 5.

Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    SeanBobbyGSeanBobbyG Posts: 112 Member
    I love the sims 4 ... I want more of it so I hope a few more years of content yet before they think about sims5 <3
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Sims 5 is just chillin doing Sims 5 things...ya know how it is 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️😎😎
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Oh... Sorry, I left it under my bed.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited May 2020
    People assume that because 1, 2 and 3 came out four years apart, then four years was all Sims 4 had, but there are technical reasons.

When Sims 1 came out, it was built on limited tech. It wasn't even real 3D. Have you ever seen the base-game? There were a ton of Sims games that did just okay, and it wasn't expected to be the next Sim-City. When it proved to be a cash-cow with the potential for expansions, they got started on something bigger and better and actually 3D and most of all, easier to add to. This was Sims 2.

Sims 2 however had limitations, the moment they released it, they knew it'd have limitations. Even as the expansions mounted up they planned on a smoother, more credit-card friendly version with some online play that ultimately ran on the same engine, and graphical improvements. The engine of Sims 2 and 3 is the same, which is why it was easy to make - it's basically "Sims 2: The Reboot". Sims 3's photorealism was always a bit hit-and-miss though, and graphics were making leaps and bounds. They crammed all they could in, but knew straight away that it would have similar problems.

And so the entire point of Sims 4 is that you can add expansions almost indefinitely and never, ever have to stop for lag reasons. Even the cartoonish art style was designed to be long-life and simple to animate, and the focus on young adult life drew in new, younger players when it released.

So it's not a case of 'usually we get a Sims Game' - it's not like the yearly release of FIFA. The games weren't specifically planned to come out four years apart - Sims 2 took three-four years to make, and ran out of room four years later and they knew it would happen, Sims 3 simply had the game engine prepped and ready for when that happened. Sims 4 solved the space limitation problem but made a whole different engine. So Sims 5 didn't need to be ready.

Eventually the base code will become too twisted to add to, which is when we'll get a Sims 5 that will be ready for this sort of thing, and probably some kind of Sims 4.5.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    I ate The Sims 5. It was delicious. Still picking the online features out of my teeth though.

As others have said, I believe the Sims 4 will likely be around for a while yet.

June 2018, Variety Magazine sits down with SimGuruGrant.
    Though EA hasn’t announced any further expansion for the four-year-old game, it appears as if “The Sims 4” will continue to have a long tale. Though he wouldn’t go into specifics, Rodiek said he was already in meetings discussing the next three years of content for the current title.
    April 2019, SimGuruDuke moves to the Senior Producer position for The Sims 4, SimGuruGrant moves to "other important and awesome things".
    March 2019, 32-bit support is dropped for The Sims 4.
    July 2019, Maxis revealed Sims 4 rebranding.
    January 2020, The Sims Team released a large survey about the Sims 4, topics include improving existing expansion packs.
    April 2020, The Sims Team released a large community survey for upcoming Sims 4 features. SimGuruDuke also lays out a six-month road map for The Sims 4, including Eco Lifestyle, Nifty Knitting and an as of yet unnamed Game Pack.
    June 2020 -- there is speculation floating around, as has been mentioned by others, of a Sims 5 announcement at EA Play. Even in those rumours, The Sims 5 is speculated to be released over 12 months from now.

If I had to guess, based on the above information, The Sims 4 will be with us for at least another year or two - potentially much longer. The Sims Team seems enthusiastic for making positive changes to the current iteration of the game before it's done.

It's also not up to us whether or not The Sims 5 is in development or not. It's fun to be excited about things, but I'd temper that enthusiasm for now.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    The Sims 5 should have been here last year but there is something to do with trying to finish out an unfinished game.

The way TS4 is going it now seems that every expansion pack is broken up and sold in parts as well.

At this rate there would be 20 EPs to go before you even get doorbells added to the game :unamused:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member

This is just people making this up, nothing has been confirmed yet. It's just a few rumors thrown together.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited May 2020
    We have content planned for the sims4 to the end of the year. After that, who knows? Based on their surveys and from what they have said on twitter it sounds like they want to keep the sims4 going for at least one more year.

I would suggest to find something fun to do, otherwise I think it is going to be a long wait.

tenor.gif