Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone not excited for Eco lifestyle

Comments

• Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    You have good point there. Let’s wait till we have more info before feeling disappointed.

By that, we should also wait for more info before feeling excited. Though it is usually only those who express disappointment who get policed.

@simmer_jay

Gotcha. We're all speculating with what we've got. There are people who are disappointed with what we've got and there are people who are excited about that. Both are making judgments with the little information we have so far, both are harmless. It's also fine if you choose not to make any judgments until we get more information. I guess I just don't understand the point in telling people when, how, and where to make judgments - especially when it's usually only one-sided. This is moreso a general rant and not entirely directed at you or anything you said. :D
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited May 2020
    I would take ANYTHING but this (yeah I'll probably end up buying it 😑) and to make matters worse my mom just sent me pictures of a tree she wants to buy and it was like a nightmare flashing before my eyes🤣
    The only good thought I have since I'm trying to stay positive, is that this proves happy haunts could possibly be an expansion pack!! 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

However,I will give it a chance before fully judging but......😒
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Trashmagic wrote: »
    You have good point there. Let’s wait till we have more info before feeling disappointed.

By that, we should also wait for more info before feeling excited. Though it is usually only those who express disappointment who get policed.

@simmer_jay

Gotcha. We're all speculating with what we've got. There are people who are disappointed with what we've got and there are people who are excited about that. Both are making judgments with the little information we have so far, both are harmless. It's also fine if you choose not to make any judgments until we get more information. I guess I just don't understand the point in telling people when, how, and where to make judgments - especially when it's usually only one-sided. This is moreso a general rant and not entirely directed at you or anything you said. :D

I am so tired of this honestly....

• Options
    DuendeDuende Posts: 175 Member
    edited May 2020
  • Options
    Duende wrote: »

It honestly seems like if we don't like something, we should shut up and go play something else...it really is disheartening...I for one don't praise and butt kiss EA...I love this series and cannot stand the way it's become....my voice matters too!
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Duende wrote: »

It honestly seems like if we don't like something, we should shut up and go play something else...it really is disheartening...I for one don't praise and butt kiss EA...I love this series and cannot stand the way it's become....my voice matters too!
    It does. :) I don't always like all the packs and unpopular opinion City Living was my least favorite pack because it felt very restricted with gameplay and hand holding city events. I didn't care for Moschino either. I did like Island Living, Realm of Magic, Tiny Living, and this pack well has me interested. Sims community is diverse and we aren't always going to like the same things and that is ok.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    hmm I think this could potentially be really good or really lame
    cause it could add nature activities like things to do around neighborhood
    + many things that fall under ecological could also be seen as craft or like ''self sufficient living'' type of things
    +the possible off grid additions like water sources etc

but im worried they just went like wind power and weird future cube things no one really asked for
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    LogisitcsLogisitcs Posts: 1,156 Member
    edited May 2020
    What EA seems to forget (and who can blame them, unmodded sims are all the same) is that the sims in our games are all supposed to be different with varying personalities and interests. This EXPANSION PACK caters to only a select niche amount of sims, not all of my sims are/or even want to have that eco lifestyle. So they are now out of content. An EXPANSION PACK should have gameplay for all sims
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    edited May 2020
    Gordy wrote: »

I mean on the plus side, maybe we can get dragons in this pack? Dragons can keep the neighborhood clean by burning garbage, or you can recycle things to make nests for them. Keep the skies clean so they can fly safely.

@gordy your boundless creative ways to shoehorn dragons into any theme is cause for celebration 🥳🎉
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

I mean on the plus side, maybe we can get dragons in this pack? Dragons can keep the neighborhood clean by burning garbage, or you can recycle things to make nests for them. Keep the skies clean so they can fly safely.

@gordy your boundless creative ways to shoehorn dragons into any theme is cause for celebration 🥳🎉

I'd like to offer some additional eco uses for dragons.
    - they can warm up your dinner and your bathwater
    - they can help dry your clothes
    - they can keep your house warm in the winter
    - they can be used for transportation
    - they can be used as pets, to raise social bar
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    edited May 2020
    I've honestly never been this disappointed when it comes to The Sims. I'm not even gonna rant at the pack or anything, I'm just sad that they don't care at all about what we want.
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Hippies will be hippies. I wanted that farming EP. Whatever. Typical Maxis. Wonder if they'll make a Toddler Diaper Stuff Pack for July too. XD
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    aws200 wrote: »
    Hippies will be hippies. I wanted that farming EP. Whatever. Typical Maxis. Wonder if they'll make a Toddler Diaper Stuff Pack for July too. XD
    Don't encourage them LOL! :D:D:D

• Options
    TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    Typical Simmers. Not even a full pack description, and it's already the worst thing since the plague.
  • Options
    Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    No, I gotta see game play first. No point in jumping to conclusions. That usually just leads to disappointment.
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I'm already disappointed. At this point, I'm actually hoping that the trailer redeems the boring description they have for the pack. I wasn't that excited for farming but now I wish that this was a farming pack. At least I could see myself using those features more. I wonder if they'll put bunk beds in this pack so people will buy it? Anyways, here's hoping that the trailer tomorrow surprises me because at this point I can't be any more disappointed than I already am.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
    Well I'm not
    I could be wrong this might be interesting, but this is just not my playstyle.This seems more fitted for a smaller pack .Not a big pack.I hope people who like this can enjoy it.But right now it seems boring.Whats so fun having a whole pack about going green, or save the environment?

I am only if they add animals with it like echo, country
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    Personally, it's a wait and see situation. A reveal is supposed to happen tommorrow. Whole concept of it, yep; doesn't interest me in the very least. Possible parts of it may interest me. If livestock and/or (especially) horses are included, I may actually purchase it at MSRP.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,192 Member
    I'm already disappointed. At this point, I'm actually hoping that the trailer redeems the boring description they have for the pack. I wasn't that excited for farming but now I wish that this was a farming pack. At least I could see myself using those features more. I wonder if they'll put bunk beds in this pack so people will buy it? Anyways, here's hoping that the trailer tomorrow surprises me because at this point I can't be any more disappointed than I already am.

Hmm maybe they will have plant sims, bunk beds, nectermaker, and community projects without eco-living.That could make me a bit interested.
  • Options
    chons95chons95 Posts: 51 Member
    Didn't they try this with island living? I don't know what comes with the pack yet to say if it should be an EP or GP but it's kind of disappointing in general, even if it wasn't a farming pack.
    Recently they have left the good EPs for the end of the year so I'm gonna wait for that.
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

I'd like to offer some additional eco uses for dragons.
    - they can warm up your dinner and your bathwater
    - they can help dry your clothes
    - they can keep your house warm in the winter
    - they can be used for transportation
    - they can be used as pets, to raise social bar

😂😂😂 more very creative ideas!

• Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,192 Member
    I think their is some confusion.No eco living wasn't the second most voted thing.It was the first vote on a community project.That included laundry.Most voted for laundry
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    I think their is some confusion.No eco living wasn't the second most voted thing.It was the first vote on a community project.That included laundry.Most voted for laundry

Thank you 🙏🏼
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member

We can celebrate by going to the devs on Twitter and asking for dragons. 👏 #UnleashTheDragons #MyBoyTorch
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017