Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone not excited for Eco lifestyle

15678911...Next

Comments

• KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Yeah, I'm pretty meh about this expansion too. I mean, it has a few interesting aesthetic and gameplay bits in it, but it looks like it's set up to be more of a playable PSA than anything else. There's no toxic waste/mutagenic ooze to mutate our sims or give them super powers, there's no evil industrialist path to have an antagonist for our environmentalists to bump heads with, there's no mutant monsters to pop up and cause havoc if our sims leave the world nasty or let it get worse...Nothing any darker or weirder than a bad cough and Death by Flies. Not even any evidence of enhancements for plant sims here. That's actually pretty disappointing.

I probably would like this pack.If that happens, but this does seem like psa.

I am having a duh moment, but I THOUGHT we already had death by flies in TS4 XD apparently not.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I won't buy this game if my worlds are all going to be polluted & dirty.
    Also, if Evergreen Harbor only has one liveable lot, I'll be better off without the new world.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2020
    elelunicy wrote: »
    I’m reserving my judgement until I learn more. The description mentions a "community space project". It sounds like it might incorporate some elements from Town Life (an EP from an old survey)?
    TOWN LIFE

Create a vibrant and evolving new town for your Sims to explore! Build out your town with new venues including pop-up restaurants, coffee shops, farmers’ markets, amongst others. Change the rules of your town by becoming Mayor and making your own laws or use new neighborhood editing tools to fully customize your town as you see fit!

Details/Features

Brand New Venues: Visit a variety of new places around town including restaurants, coffee shops, and laundromats.
    Community Events: Participate in new events happening all over town! Buy fresh groceries from the famers’ market or have a fancy dinner at an exclusive pop-up restaurant.
    Be the Mayor: Get into a career as a local politician! Start off as a community organizer, setting up protests at the new City Hall venue. Get enough support and become the Mayor, making new laws that affect the whole world!
    Customize the Town: Decorate your entire town with the new neighborhood editing tools. Control which Sims visit the town and even which ones move in with a variety of new options.

Town Life actually sounds better than this EP.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.