Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone not excited for Eco lifestyle

Well I'm not
I could be wrong this might be interesting, but this is just not my playstyle.This seems more fitted for a smaller pack .Not a big pack.I hope people who like this can enjoy it.But right now it seems boring.Whats so fun having a whole pack about going green, or save the environment?

Comments

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Well they had a whole side game dedicated to it before, so yes I am excited since it was my favorite side game when I played it on PC and DS:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRVzZnsWHSk
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I will say I’m surprised it’s an EP 🤷‍♀️
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    edited May 2020
    I’m very disappointed but I’m waiting to see more on it before I make my final decision. I just don’t see how this qualifies as a expansion pack. I’m not paying $40 for solar panels. It better have lots of gameplay.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,191 Member
    I will say I’m surprised it’s an EP 🤷‍♀️

I hope you enjoy the pack. I'll be here hoping for farming.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Waiting for the trailer, but this sounds more like a theme for GP.
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    I’m reserving my judgement until I learn more. The description mentions a "community space project". It sounds like it might incorporate some elements from Town Life (an EP from an old survey)?
    TOWN LIFE

Create a vibrant and evolving new town for your Sims to explore! Build out your town with new venues including pop-up restaurants, coffee shops, farmers’ markets, amongst others. Change the rules of your town by becoming Mayor and making your own laws or use new neighborhood editing tools to fully customize your town as you see fit!

Details/Features

Brand New Venues: Visit a variety of new places around town including restaurants, coffee shops, and laundromats.
    Community Events: Participate in new events happening all over town! Buy fresh groceries from the famers’ market or have a fancy dinner at an exclusive pop-up restaurant.
    Be the Mayor: Get into a career as a local politician! Start off as a community organizer, setting up protests at the new City Hall venue. Get enough support and become the Mayor, making new laws that affect the whole world!
    Customize the Town: Decorate your entire town with the new neighborhood editing tools. Control which Sims visit the town and even which ones move in with a variety of new options.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    Dianesims wrote: »

It’s confirmed to be an EP.

@Horrorgirl6 We’ll see, gotta find out what all is in it first.

• Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    I’m expecting drivable Renault Twizys using their new bicycle tech from DU. But disappointed it’s not farming. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options

Horrorgirl6 We’ll see, gotta find out what all is in it first.
    They are having a live stream about it tomorrow.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    I agree @OhMyHemsworth - I'm going to wait until more information comes out before I make a complete judgment. Based on what we have, however, I'm not very interested.

The description of reducing your eco-footprint and transforming your neighborhood sounds just like the island living feature. The complete description sounds like it'll be like that conservationist career. I'm sure there's more but so far it sounds like a gamepack and not a very good one at that.

We'll see.
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »

Really? We’re getting a trailer AND a livestream?

• Options
    IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    I’ll be the one to say the unpopular thing and say I’m actually kinda excited. I mean, my hopes aren’t high because meaningful gameplay from TS4 has been more miss than hit, but when we thought it was “country living” my roommate and I were talking about it and I was like “I’m happy for all the people who want this super bad, and I’m not opposed, but it’s not really my scene or my playstyle. If they put a hard focus on Off The Grid and sustainable living I’d be more into that than crops and county fairs.” And so it turning over night from Country Living into Eco Lifestyle almost felt like a fairy heard me and granted a wish. Now I just have to hope she’s not a capricious fairy or I’ll be eating in my words. If that does turn out to be the case then I’m sorry for what I have wrought. 😜
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • Options
    Stream ? I thought it was just the trailer.

• Options
    I’m expecting drivable Renault Twizys using their new bicycle tech from DU. But disappointed it’s not farming. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Off topic but I suddenly miss your old profile picture lol

• Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,191 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    I’m reserving my judgement until I learn more. The description mentions a "community space project". It sounds like it might incorporate some elements from Town Life (an EP from an old survey)?
    TOWN LIFE

Create a vibrant and evolving new town for your Sims to explore! Build out your town with new venues including pop-up restaurants, coffee shops, farmers’ markets, amongst others. Change the rules of your town by becoming Mayor and making your own laws or use new neighborhood editing tools to fully customize your town as you see fit!

Details/Features

Brand New Venues: Visit a variety of new places around town including restaurants, coffee shops, and laundromats.
    Community Events: Participate in new events happening all over town! Buy fresh groceries from the famers’ market or have a fancy dinner at an exclusive pop-up restaurant.
    Be the Mayor: Get into a career as a local politician! Start off as a community organizer, setting up protests at the new City Hall venue. Get enough support and become the Mayor, making new laws that affect the whole world!
    Customize the Town: Decorate your entire town with the new neighborhood editing tools. Control which Sims visit the town and even which ones move in with a variety of new options.

I would be interested if we can be a mayor.
  • Options

Maybe. These don't qualify as cars to me though :lol:
  • Options
    domina89domina89 Posts: 221 Member
    I might be excited if this was a game pack or included in a farming pack, but based on the description and the idea of an entire EP centered on eco living - no - it's a pass for me.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Not at all. There are so many things we could have had before this- Generations, farming, hobbies, cars, etcm. I know we've only had a short description so far but I just can't see how this theme can fill an EP. I'm sensing Island Living 2.0.

you are like me, I'd kill for a Generations type pack in TS4 ;-;

• Options
    Stream ? I thought it was just the trailer.

Oh must have been my friend saying she'll stream the trailer reaction for it tomorrow. Still excited. Yeah sorry no livestream yet from the Gurus.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    TOWN LIFE

Details/Features

Now....I am like you, I MIGHT be interested if we DO get to be the mayor...

NOW I can't stop thinking of this <3https://youtu.be/U2JuKNK1CmI
  • Options
    TOWN LIFE

Details/Features

Now....I am like you, I MIGHT be interested if we DO get to be the mayor...

NOW I can't stop thinking of this <3https://youtu.be/U2JuKNK1CmI
    There is the politician career that came with City Living. I would love if they actually let us be mayor of our own worlds again and place lots. :)